Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-25-2011, 07:16 AM   #151
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
WOW that is a ton of people there!!! What a cool experience to be there, but I would have been so stressed about all the people!
They were all in the hub, really. Once the presentation was over, MK was crowded but it wasn't too bad. It was neat to be there. I really wanna be there at the 50. Now THAT will be a crowd, I bet.
Old 10-25-2011, 06:14 PM   #152
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Day 8 Ė Part Two

When we met up with DH and the kids, they had already ridden Astro Orbiter, Space Mountain and Buzz Lightyear and the Blue Train with no wait. We decided to ride Buzz Lightyear again.

BFFís DD

The kids after the ride in jail with Zurg.

Escaping Ö.

After that DD needed some popcorn. Snack credits not working there, either. Had to pay OOP. Seriously annoyed by this !!

DS got a Root Beer Float

And we headed towards the teacups. BFF offered to ride with the kids while I went to the gift shop to exchange a shirt that didnít fit. While they were riding, BFF got this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1atkwsPr6Oc

Which I really love.

We headed towards Liberty Square.

DH snagged us some FPís for Peter Pan and we all went to ride Haunted Mansion.

It was fun riding with my BFF. We pointed out things to each other that neither of us had noticed before.

After that, BFF and her DD had to leave because she was invited to a Momís panel lunch at Epcot. I was really bummed that she was leaving, but I understood . She has been trying to get on the Momís Panel for years, so I didnít want her to miss it. She said it was really cool. Hereís a photo of us before she left.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-25-2011, 08:23 PM   #153
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

How annoying that the snack credits continued to not work! That video from the teacups is so fun! I'm a bit dizzy now from watching it
Old 10-25-2011, 08:42 PM   #154
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
How annoying that the snack credits continued to not work! That video from the teacups is so fun! I'm a bit dizzy now from watching it
Did you notice that DS is just sitting back and letting the girls do all of the work ?? I can't do the spinny rides.
Old 10-25-2011, 08:45 PM   #155
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Day 8 Ė Part Three

After she left, we rode BTMRR and hurried over to Tonyís for our noon ADR for lunch.

We were seated outside and since it was such a gorgeous day, we didnít mind.

We had a good view and it was fun to people watch. I donít remember our waitressís name but she was really nice and did a good job.

DH and I ordered the zucchini fries as an appetizer.

We really liked these !! We got DS to try one and he was horrified when we told him what it was. He liked it until we told him. Whatever. We are trying so hard to get them to try new things and like veggies. It is slow, but we are making progress.

Some more photos of our view.

The Celebrate parade went by, but this CM with the balloons was blocking our view the whole time.

Cute Halloween decorations

DD and DS ordered Mickey ravioli.

DD didnít eat much but DS ate all of his and the rest of DDís. They both said that they were good, but not as good as the ravioli at the Italy F&W booth.

I had the baked ziti

I liked it and ate it all. The bread was good, too.

DH got the Chicken Parmesan

He liked it a lot, but wished it had more sauce. Mine had lots of sauce, so I gave him some of mine.

For dessert DS got vanilla gelato.

DD got an ice cream sundae

DH got the cheesecake of the day. Which was apple pie or spice or something.

He said it was really good.

I got the ice cream bomb.

It was really good, too !!

At this point, it was about 1:30 PM and DS and I were just exhausted. All of those days of walking were just catching up to us. But DD really wanted to ride Peter Pan, so DH took her to ride while DS and I did some shopping at the Emporium. I wanted to find the journal that I was looking for.

And I found it !! Hereís the front.

And the back.

And the inside

We met back up with DH and DD and went to the confectionary to burn some snack credits. DD got a cookie and DS got one of those tubes of sugar.

After that, we headed back to Saratopia and DH took the kids to the pool while I took a shower and did some laundry and packed up because sadly, this was our last night there. DH came back and we watched football and the kids took a nap.

Old 10-25-2011, 09:40 PM   #156
Poolrat
I am alive, sometimes I wonder too!
I probably would be glued to the side

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
I couldn't see much of anything, really. It was just so crowded. Most of the photos I got were me holding my camera up and randomly clicking. It sucks to be short sometimes .....
at 5'2" I know how you feel. But I have used the excuse to stand in front of someone tall since I don't really block thier view.

I have several tall people put me in front of them for that reason.

The closest we were to each other proabably was at the hub. Hopefully our paths wil cross again and close enoughto say Hi.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL Feb '15 -AKVK
Can't wait to go back
Old 10-26-2011, 07:23 AM   #157
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
at 5'2" I know how you feel. But I have used the excuse to stand in front of someone tall since I don't really block thier view.

I have several tall people put me in front of them for that reason.

The closest we were to each other proabably was at the hub. Hopefully our paths wil cross again and close enoughto say Hi.
I am 5'-3" so I feel your pain. There was a really nice lady in front of us in an ECV and we were standing behind her. And then some people stood in front of her so we couldn't see very well. I thought it was rude for them to stand in front of her. She was so nice. I think people get excited and don't realize they are being rude sometimes.

I will still look for us in your photos :-) I do hope to meet you sometime
Old 10-26-2011, 03:17 PM   #158
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Day 8 Ė Part Four

After a while, we decided to head to Downtown Disney to eat at Wolfgang Puckís Express again. When we got there Ö.. DTD was PACKED. We couldnít find a place to park ANYWHERE. Seriously, it was nuts. DH dropped us off and we went to get a place in line while he went to find a place to park. He said he had to park waaaaayyyyy down at Cirque du Soleil. In hindsight, it would have made better sense to just walk from Saratoga, but we were just soo tired.

Anyway, the kids and I ordered and grabbed a table and he got there just was the food was coming out.

DD and DS ordered the chicken nuggets.

They said they were yummy.

DH and I split the Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf

This was REALLY good !! And definitely plenty for two people.

For dessert, DD got another brownie

DS got the same cookie as before and DH and I shared the cheesecake again. I didnít get photos because the camera crapped out on me again. We really like Wolfgang Puckís Express !! I want to try their breakfast sometime.

After dinner, we decided to head over to Goofyís Candy Store to burn some snack credits. I managed to get one more photo

And then the camera quit on me. I got a couple of bags of candy for the kids and decided to call it a night. DH said he would hoof it back to the car and come back and get us. And we waited and waited and waited. And finally, we got back to the resort, where we packed up some more and watched football and went to sleep.

Up next, our last day and Hollywood Studios.
Old 10-27-2011, 08:36 PM   #159
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Day 9 – Part One. Sunday, October 2, 2011.

Sadly, this day was our last day. We woke up at 8:00 AM and started to pack up the car. We checked out and DD got a crown from the same nice man that checked us in. Here she is wearing it.

We got to Hollywood Studios about 10 AM. It was pretty busy.

We got a Photopass photo.

We headed towards Toy Story Mania

DD really wanted to ride it but the wait was an hour and the fast pass return time was 5:00 PM and we had not planned on staying that late. We asked DD if she wanted to wait that long and she said no. So we decided to skip it this trip.

I had had a bagel back at the room, but the others had not had breakfast yet. So we headed over to the Writer’s Stop to get some coffee and burn the last of our snack credits.

DS got a cupcake

He said it was just OK.

And DH and I shared the carrot cake cookie

I really liked this !! Very good !!

DD wanted ice cream so DH took her to get one. Hey, it was vacation. Let them eat what they want.

We stopped and got some photos

Then we rode Star Tours

The wait was about 15 minutes. I like the new ride, but it really makes me motion sick. So I think I will sit this one out next time.

I do like at the end where they say "Thank you for riding Star Tours, buh bye"

We headed back towards the Hat. DD spotted Pluto and Goofy with no line so we got photos with them.

Last edited by jecskc; 10-27-2011 at 09:12 PM.
Old 10-27-2011, 09:04 PM   #160
Poolrat
I am alive, sometimes I wonder too!
I probably would be glued to the side

Sunday was nice huh? The weather had really cooled down and the humidity was low. AAHHHH My favorite time.

I looked back at my pictures and I was at DHS from about 10 :20 - 12:20. I was hitting all four parks that day, taking care of the things I didn't get to do.

I went in and hit TSM- Ed was working and I got some Pixie dust. Then OMD and the IJ show and then I was out and over to EPCOT.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL Feb '15 -AKVK
Can't wait to go back
Old 10-27-2011, 09:09 PM   #161
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
Sunday was nice huh? The weather had really cooled down and the humidity was low. AAHHHH My favorite time.

I looked back at my pictures and I was at DHS from about 10 :20 - 12:20. I was hitting all four parks that day, taking care of the things I didn't get to do.

I went in and hit TSM- Ed was working and I got some Pixie dust. Then OMD and the IJ show and then I was out and over to EPCOT.
Sunday was a gorgeous day. It figures that the weather would be so nice at the end of our trip. My BFF enjoyed good weather that whole week after we left.

It is so funny that we were in the same place at the same time a lot. I can't wait to read about your 4 park day.
Old 10-28-2011, 06:30 AM   #162
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Booo last day!!! That is pretty cool that DD got a crown! Very cute!

It stinks how long the lines for TSM get! We actually haven't even ridden it ever, just because we never wanted to wait in the line that long!
Old 10-28-2011, 07:23 AM   #163
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Booo last day!!! That is pretty cool that DD got a crown! Very cute!

It stinks how long the lines for TSM get! We actually haven't even ridden it ever, just because we never wanted to wait in the line that long!
It was cool. That CM was so nice. He really made a difference in our trip, I think.

I love TSM, but not enough to wait an hour. Hopefully, you guys will get to ride in January. If you get there early enough of course, you can get a fast pass and the return time won't be so bad. Or you can come back for Fantasmic and ride it later in the day. The good news for you is that Wingnut won't have to push around in the wheelchair all day. Wait, maybe that is better news for Wingnut.
Old 10-28-2011, 04:00 PM   #164
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Day 9 Ė Part Three

We decided to ride The Great Movie Ride next.

This is the first time I really looked at the handprints in the pavement.

Some costumes

The ride was actually pretty crowded and we had to wait about 15 minutes or so. AND we got the Cowboy scene. DH looked and me and said ďthat was differentĒ. We liked it though.

The kids wanted to look at pins under the Hat. And DH ended up buying them some pins. DD got a Scamp pin

And DS got a Stitch Tower of Terror pin.

The kids wanted to go over to the Honey I Shrunk the Kids Playground. So we headed that way. I just love the Streets of America. I canít wait to see the Christmas Lights when we go for Thanksgiving.

I found a bench outside to rest on while DH went in with the kids and took some photos.

DH came out to rest with me and said that it was crazy with kids in there. He went back in to look for them and didnít come out for a while. He came out and said he couldnít find them and asked if I saw them come out. I said no that I was right there at the exit and hadnít seen them. He goes back in to look for them. He comes out later and says he still canít find them. I went in and looked and I couldnít find them. DH was in full on panic mode by now and I had to get him calmed down. I said that they would come out eventually. We waited some more and then I went back in to look Ö. And I found them, finally. They had made friends with some other kids and they had a game of hide and seek going.

DH was very relieved and so we then headed over to the Muppets which we had never seen.

I used to love the Muppets and we had to wait a fair amount of time. About 15-20 minutes.

Silly DS !!!

I thought the Muppet Show was pretty cute but DD said she thought it was stupid. But I saw her laughing. I think she was just tired and hungry, so we headed over to Pizza Planet to get some lunch.

Old 10-29-2011, 10:21 AM   #165
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post

I love TSM, but not enough to wait an hour. Hopefully, you guys will get to ride in January. If you get there early enough of course, you can get a fast pass and the return time won't be so bad. Or you can come back for Fantasmic and ride it later in the day. The good news for you is that Wingnut won't have to push around in the wheelchair all day. Wait, maybe that is better news for Wingnut.
I think it is definitely better news for DBF! I felt SO bad having to have him push me around! But it's also good news for me too! I'm excited to not have all of my pictures come out slightly blurry and really low to the ground .

Awww hopefully your DD gave the Muppets another chance when she was less hungry! I totally get the grumpys when I'm hungry too lol.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: