Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2011, 03:15 PM   #1471
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLalovesWDW View Post

um.... heeeey? remember me? yeah.yeah. I'm ready for the banana peels and popcorn to be thrown. Its been what? like 4 months.... man, its been a whirlwind time but it as all well worth it. I had to work like a damn rented mule to handle my financial business... I've taken up presenting Passion Parties on the side (call me) to help with funds also, but all in all, I finally closed on my house on November 17th, just moved in 3 weeks ago. Still finding my way around homeownership. Here's me raking leaves for the first time since I was like 8.
[/SIZE]
SHE LIVES!!

Welcome back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneydaveCT View Post
Just a quick update on my upcoming move to Florida. I spent the past weekend in Tallahassee, and found my new apartment. I officially move in on January 3, and start the new job on January 9.

Only thing left to do is to spend MLK weekend at WDW.
Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimpup View Post
Oh this thread seems fun - I'm new and really like reading these singles threads since its familiar to me -especailly with dis lovers!
to the group! We always enjoy having new people join in the fun.
Old 12-20-2011, 07:10 PM   #1472
taramoz
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Hey Tara! Wait a minute... the last time I was here you were at Disney. LOL... go girl! How have the crowds been up to now?? Im dreading going a day next week but I figured I would try and squeeze a day or two in since I will b in FL already.
Hey girl, the crowds have built, but honestly as long as you are prepared for them they are not bad. I come when DD is off school, so I am used to the crowded times honestly and have learned how to manage them. Today at Animal Kingdom lines were 60-90 minutes, but we never waited longer then 20, just got to the park early to have some shorter lines, and got the fast passes we wanted, and enjoyed our day!

We are staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge this trip, so we tried Boma and Saunaa, YUM, but Saunaa was our favorite this trip if you like indian/african food it is well worth it!

I am leaving tomorrow, sad to go after today which couldn't have been better...
Register to remove

Old 12-20-2011, 08:08 PM   #1473
bluedevilinaz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hey Blue!! Wow, that will be great to move back to CA. You're in Vegas right?? too hot? bored? whats up??. Thanks for the re-welcome. Yes, I guess its looking up... just got my first mortgage bill. YIKES! LOL
Yeah it definitely will. I'll be back in my career field. Long story short, I got a girlfriend, I moved back to Tucson for jobs promised to both of us by a former friend, got screwed out of the jobs, found some temp work out here, got engaged and now finally found the job in Cali.

I can imagine! haha. Glad things are going well.
Old 12-21-2011, 07:23 AM   #1474
ahoff
DIS Veteran

Always a sad day when the ME comes to pick you up for a return to the airport! Sounds like you had a great trip, Tara. Almost down to single digits for me!

Quote:
Oh this thread seems fun - I'm new and really like reading these singles threads since its familiar to me -especailly with dis lovers!
Welcome to the thread! Another LI'er as well! I am out on the east end
Old 12-21-2011, 07:36 AM   #1475
NJDiva
NJDiva Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahoff View Post
Always a sad day when the ME comes to pick you up for a return to the airport! Sounds like you had a great trip, Tara. Almost down to single digits for me!

Welcome to the thread! Another LI'er as well! I am out on the east end
I thought of you yesterday, I had a crew working at North Shore University Hospital....I had to go to Rye for a site visit otherwise I probably would have been on the Island.

Old 12-21-2011, 10:07 AM   #1476
LaLalovesWDW
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTooTall View Post
SHE LIVES!!

Welcome back!

Congrats!
Thanks DC! I missed all you guys!! You married yet?? I need to dust off my flower girl dress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by taramoz View Post
Hey girl, the crowds have built, but honestly as long as you are prepared for them they are not bad. I come when DD is off school, so I am used to the crowded times honestly and have learned how to manage them. Today at Animal Kingdom lines were 60-90 minutes, but we never waited longer then 20, just got to the park early to have some shorter lines, and got the fast passes we wanted, and enjoyed our day!

We are staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge this trip, so we tried Boma and Saunaa, YUM, but Saunaa was our favorite this trip if you like indian/african food it is well worth it!

I am leaving tomorrow, sad to go after today which couldn't have been better...
Oh yeah, my solo trip I had Sanaa and enjoyed it. The restuarant has great atmosphere also! Yes, I am definitely prepared for the crowds but have gotten spoiled by going at the lowest peak times the last few trips. Glad you having a great time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilinaz View Post
Yeah it definitely will. I'll be back in my career field. Long story short, I got a girlfriend, I moved back to Tucson for jobs promised to both of us by a former friend, got screwed out of the jobs, found some temp work out here, got engaged and now finally found the job in Cali.

I can imagine! haha. Glad things are going well.
OMG OMG OMG!! Congrats to you both!! (I know Im probably mad late) Sorry about the jobs, but at least you get to move closer to Disney!!

Fun day trips - 1978 and 1986 * Offsite - 1990 * Offsite - 2002 * CBR - Christmas Week 2004 * CBR - December 2010* AKV - May 2011* WDW Dolphin Dec 2011* *CBR~Aug 2012* *CBR~Aug 2013*SSR ~ Dec 2013* *SSR ~ April/May 2014*

Just Me ,DD , and DK
Old 12-21-2011, 11:26 AM   #1477
DCTooTall

Quote:
Thanks DC! I missed all you guys!! You married yet?? I need to dust off my flower girl dress.
Nope.... not yet.

I get into work today and a co-worker informs me that his woman told him last night that they are going to Disney next month. Looks like I'm helping to plan.
Old 12-21-2011, 12:46 PM   #1478
ahoff
DIS Veteran

I just heards that Disney has changed their race schedule, and added a new race. Instead of the W&D Half, the same weekend brings back the ToT race, a bit longer at 10 miles. The W&D is being moved to November 9th, which is the last week of the F&W. And also Jersey week, i believe. So now I have some thinking to do, was planning for a May trip for the EE race, but cannot swing four trips. But I could find a way....

DC, have fun planning your friends trip, I seem to get a lot of questions at work about Disney.
Old 12-21-2011, 07:22 PM   #1479
BACON
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahoff View Post
I just heards that Disney has changed their race schedule, and added a new race. Instead of the W&D Half, the same weekend brings back the ToT race, a bit longer at 10 miles. The W&D is being moved to November 9th, which is the last week of the F&W. And also Jersey week, i believe. So now I have some thinking to do, was planning for a May trip for the EE race, but cannot swing four trips. But I could find a way....

DC, have fun planning your friends trip, I seem to get a lot of questions at work about Disney.
After the announcement, I'm more inclined to run the W&D half. It's too much of a hassle to travel from for a 10 mile race for me, and the new W&D date should work out well for my personal schedule. It was getting too expensive to travel for marathon weekend next month, so I could try this race for fun.

Also, I have relatives from Jersey and they don't fall into the stereotype we are all aware of on tv. They're good people and I'm certain I'd have a good time meeting people from New Jersey.
Old 12-21-2011, 10:45 PM   #1480
bluedevilinaz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
OMG OMG OMG!! Congrats to you both!! (I know Im probably mad late) Sorry about the jobs, but at least you get to move closer to Disney!!

Thanks! Better late than never! Eh, it happens. I should've listened to a few people who told me not to do it. Oh well. Such is life. hah yup!
Old 12-22-2011, 11:09 AM   #1481
NJDiva
NJDiva Boo Boo

hi ho my little elves...
so I know everyone is probably doing that last minute "OMG I forgot this person" gift shopping now and I hope you get it done. but in the spirit of Christmas I pose these two questions to you all:
If you have done something "nice" for someone (not just the gift/giftcard thing) what was it?
If you have been "naughty" what did you do? (remember we are on a public board that's monitored )

Old 12-22-2011, 12:05 PM   #1482
DCTooTall

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDiva View Post
hi ho my little elves...
so I know everyone is probably doing that last minute "OMG I forgot this person" gift shopping now and I hope you get it done. but in the spirit of Christmas I pose these two questions to you all:
If you have done something "nice" for someone (not just the gift/giftcard thing) what was it?
If you have been "naughty" what did you do? (remember we are on a public board that's monitored )

Does starting this thread and helping to arrange the Meets this past year count as something Nice?

As For Naughty..... I think at this juncture I'm just going to claim the 5th.
Old 12-22-2011, 12:13 PM   #1483
CoasterAddict
Queen of the Double Entendre

Quote:
Yeah, if you claim the whole fifth and don't share it I would call that naughty.
Marathon Relay 2012 2:51:33!! Team Time 6:00
WDW Full Marathon 2011 7:02:27 -who thought that was a good idea? Oh yeah, me...
WDW Half-Marathon 2008--3:08:13, 2009--3:07:02, 2010--3:13:52 (in sleet) 2012--3:14
DL Half-Marathon 2009--3:05:17
Old 12-22-2011, 12:29 PM   #1484
DisneydaveCT
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoasterAddict View Post
Yeah, if you claim the whole fifth and don't share it I would call that naughty.
I agree CA...claiming the 5th to himself is definitely naughty.

Another major milestone in my move to Florida today. I turned in my computer and keys to my now former employer.
A Very Memorable Magical Moment: Scoring a Hole-in-One at Disney's LBV #7, 9/25/06

FUTURE TRIPS: November 18-25 at OKW & SSR. .
PREVIOUS TRIPS: 25+ trips to WDW since 1972 with stays at Animal Kingdom Lodge, Boardwalk, Carribean Beach, Contemporary; Dixie Landings, Grand Floridian, Old Key West, Polynesian, Port Orleans, Saratoga Springs Resort, & Villas at Wilderness Lodge.
Old 12-22-2011, 12:32 PM   #1485
NJDiva
NJDiva Boo Boo

Quote:
Does starting this thread and helping to arrange the Meets this past year count as something Nice?

Why yes! Starting this thread does count as something nice...and bonus for finding your !

As for pleading the 5th....I think there will be a lot of that occurring on this answer.

I can tell you my nice and naughty stories:
My nice was a joint effort, my bff from home and I took our friend's daughters out to find and cut down a Christmas tree this weekend. she's been working like mad hrs (75+ a week) and hasn't spent any time getting ready for Christmas much less time with her kids. so we got her tree (first time I ever cut down a tree by the way ) got it in the house and put the lights on and cleaned the house for her. when she got home the first thing she smelled was the tree and she just cried. we made her week. we even took her kids shopping for ingredients to bake cookies and finish their Christmas shopping....just call us Santa's elves!

my naughty was more funny than naughty...I spent the day with my bff for her birthday, a spa day to be exact. afterwards we went out for a few adult beverages and then home. unfortunately I had not eaten all day and when I went home I decided to "hang the outside lights" and lawn decorations. while I didn't fall hanging the lights I was leaning over to place the deer and ....well let's just say you should never decorate after drinking cosmos....

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: