Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2012, 05:35 AM   #3691
Disneyandphilliesfan
Mouseketeer

Wow I missed a party The Blond is superhot .Her man is one lucky guy.
Old 10-20-2012, 09:06 PM   #3692
valree
Mouseketeer

Congrats on the engagement, TooTall! That's excellent news!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-20-2012, 10:12 PM   #3693
Brocktoon
21st Century Schizoid Man

Finally just got back early this morning ... we were having such a great time we extended our trip by a day, and then I hitched a ride home with the parents in the RV for an 18 hour trip north.

I sorta feel like Ed Norton in the beginning of Fight Club entering into mundane reality again ... spent the day going food shopping, cleaning the house, and STILL doing laundry from the trip on a Saturday night (wine stains came out of my white shorts!)

I'll probably post some more tomorrow with some pics of my trip wins and overall summary ... hint - I got to meet John Lasseter on Tuesday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurse.darcy View Post
So enjoyed meeting everyone. Seriously the highlight meet was Brocktoon's parents. They were an absolute blast. If he tells you he is meeting you all and bringing his parents, go with it. They fit right in. . .awesome peeps.
Thanks again everyone for the kind words about my parents! I would never be a Disney nut if it wasn't for them, as our WDW vacations have been going for as long as I can remember. I know it sounds cheesy, but while my parents are still healthy and going strong I want to continue to build great memories with them without any regrets. 44th anniversary for them this year

While I spend plenty of solo time during my vacations, I also always enjoy keeping the family dynamic going. I really appreciate the DISers accepting my folks into fold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctnurse View Post
I don't think we took any pictures, we did get photopass, but didn't get any pictures from the meet. Hopefully someone did better than us.
Yep, how is it possible that with so many camera devices between everyone on Saturday (including a photopass) that there really weren't any pics floating around Although I'm quite pleased that I did not show up in any Friday evening pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigE View Post

For those that did not make the JellyRolls impromptu stop, a definite must for the entire group next DISMeet. Red cups, great music and Sister Christian. Sorta the perfect storm.
There's gotta be a DISers take 2 meet next October and Jellyrolls will need to be on the list. I think the song deck needs to stacked in favor of more 70s/80s power ballads!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTooTall View Post

Next year, We seriously need to try and arrange our F&W meet/trip for a Friday or Monday. It'll be MUCH easier to partake of the many options available to us without the crazy weekend crowds/lines. You know... First Sake Bar trip lines.... Not 2nd Sake Bar trip lines.

(damn! and I never did get a chance to collect on my Margarita Brocktoon promised us!)
CONGRATS again on the engagement, and it was a very cool treat to meet the complete Clan DC on Sat afternoon!

I have never seen crowds in the Sake bar like we did for round 2, and La Cava was insane on Saturday. They closed off any seating requests and it was take-out only from what I saw.

Thank God margaritas is the only thing an inebriated Brocktoon promised (that I know of), but if we can get some folks together next year, a La Cava stop needs to be in order so I can make good. I did get a few jalapeno margaritas from La Cava later in the week

Alrighty, need to get back to my fun Saturday night of post trip clean-up and laundry

Next Trip: Food & Wine Fest: 10/23 - 10/31 2014
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice

- Neil Peart
Old 10-20-2012, 10:19 PM   #3694
chiburple
Mouseketeer

Well, I've been wanting to jump in here but wasn't really sure what the etiquette on this thread is so... I decided to just go for it!

hi everyone!

Do you all ever meet on cruises or is at always at the parks? (Not that I don't love the parks of course!)
Old 10-21-2012, 05:55 AM   #3695
nurse.darcy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiburple View Post
Well, I've been wanting to jump in here but wasn't really sure what the etiquette on this thread is so... I decided to just go for it!

hi everyone!

Do you all ever meet on cruises or is at always at the parks? (Not that I don't love the parks of course!)

Jumping in is the way to join. LOL. Don't worry about topics. . .they can change quite fast on here.
8/2007 - ASMu, 5/2008 - Pop, 8/2008 - POR & BWI, 9/2008 - POFQ, 12/2008 - Offsite, 3/2009 POR, 5/2009 - Pop, 7/2009 AKL. 10/2009 AKV and SSR, 1/2010 Grand California Villas, 2/2010 BLT, 5/2010 BWV, 7/2010 Pop
Old 10-21-2012, 07:57 PM   #3696
nowater
Earning My Ears

Is anyone going to watch the new episode of Walking dead in a few minutes?
Old 10-21-2012, 08:38 PM   #3697
jagfanjosh3252
#1 fan of the Jacksonville Jaguars

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowater
Is anyone going to watch the new episode of Walking dead in a few minutes?
Of course
Old 10-21-2012, 08:45 PM   #3698
jnoble82
Mouseketeer

wow this thread is huge! that being said...

Hi!!

I'm making my 2nd trip to Disney and my first middle school (there was no AK when I went, HS was MGM, the Genie from Aladdin ended the MGM parade. I want to say it was 94, 95 the last time I went) to celebrate my 30th birthday!

I was originally going to go by myself (no BF, no DH, and no crazy close friends who could go with me) but my mom decided to join me!

I'm hoping to go sometime next year (though I do want to go to Boston in 2014 to see the US figure skating championships. yeah, I'm basically a dork) or 2014 either near the end of September or sometime in December (Mickey's Christmas!!). That will likely be alone! I wish I had seen this board before I booked! Glad to know I'm not alone in wanting to go to disney, well, ALONE!
Old 10-22-2012, 01:08 PM   #3699
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by valree View Post
Congrats on the engagement, TooTall! That's excellent news!
Thanks. From what I've been told, I've officially won the award for the most romantic proposal in her family.

Quote:

hi everyone!

Etiquette?! This thread?!!?

to the group. We always love having new people join us. As for the meets, This is the 2nd time we've had a WDW park meet (Last year for the 40th celebration), and we've also had 2 somewhat impromptu meets up at Hershey Park in the past 2 years. I won't say it's an "Always" do it this way thing, more like it's just been a this is what we've managed to get organized with our lack of orginaizational skills. There have also been a few meets outside of the "official" meets when people have just happened to be in the area around the same time. (or who live geographically not too far away and get together for something nearby).

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnoble82 View Post
wow this thread is huge! that being said...

Hi!!

I'm making my 2nd trip to Disney and my first middle school (there was no AK when I went, HS was MGM, the Genie from Aladdin ended the MGM parade. I want to say it was 94, 95 the last time I went) to celebrate my 30th birthday!

I was originally going to go by myself (no BF, no DH, and no crazy close friends who could go with me) but my mom decided to join me!

I'm hoping to go sometime next year (though I do want to go to Boston in 2014 to see the US figure skating championships. yeah, I'm basically a dork) or 2014 either near the end of September or sometime in December (Mickey's Christmas!!). That will likely be alone! I wish I had seen this board before I booked! Glad to know I'm not alone in wanting to go to disney, well, ALONE!

to the group. Would you believe this is actually our 4th or 5th thread.... and we are almost at the point of needing to create another one to migrate to.

It's been a slow year around here though. Still not sure what that's about.

Either way, We are glad to have you join us! Feel free to order up a drink from our resident bartender, and pull up a chair, and jump right into the conversations!
Old 10-22-2012, 08:36 PM   #3700
chiburple
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Etiquette?! This thread?!!?

Haha! Is it faire to put and 's around well placed emoticons because those really made me laugh

Thanks for the welcome!

It would be so cool to meet other people as disneyfied as I am! Hehe, perhaps it would help create the illusion of being normal at least for a little while... not that I've ever placed much value on being normal
Old 10-22-2012, 09:20 PM   #3701
jnoble82
Mouseketeer

Quote:
to the group. Would you believe this is actually our 4th or 5th thread.... and we are almost at the point of needing to create another one to migrate to.

It's been a slow year around here though. Still not sure what that's about.

Either way, We are glad to have you join us! Feel free to order up a drink from our resident bartender, and pull up a chair, and jump right into the conversations!
Thanks for the welcome! Good to know there's an awesome group of 'singles' who know how to make Disney fun solo!

I do have a couple questions and maybe you can link me to the right thread or site. Its about my KTTW Card (I think that's the right way to write it). Last time I went I was probably 12 so it was 1994/early 1995 ish. There was no Animal Kingdom, Hollywood Studios was MGM, there was a ride that was like a chair lift that took you across the park, I swear there were cars parked at MK, the MGM parade ended with Genie and a sign saying "I'm outta here" (which I remember because I hung that picture in my middle school locker), and our tickets were paper with our picture on it and when you used it, the machine stamped the date on it as well as punched a hole. Needless to say, its been a while!! So I have no idea what will be on my KTTW. I've read up on it on a few places but I've also read conflicting information as well. Is it just my room key and dining plan and my tickets are separate or are my park hopper tickets on the card? What time do the first buses leave for the parks? I want to make it to rope drop every day of whatever park I go to so i want to make sure I'm up in plenty of time. I know that stuff is on these forums somewhere but there are so many places to look. If someone could point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it. Thank you!

Im staying at All-Star Movies. I'm going to make side trips to AoA as well as the moderate hotels to see where I may want to stay next time. Leaning towards POR/POFQ personally but we'll see!
Old 10-23-2012, 06:13 AM   #3702
1Grumpy9
DIS Veteran

Glad to hear everyone had a great time last week at the meet!! Sorry I couldn't make it, but a 9 day trip in February to Daytona and Tampa is kind of killing my vacation leave here at work. Plus, I am trying to arrange a family Christmas at Disney with my parents in their camper.

We Can't Be Stuck on the Stairs Again TR

Old 10-23-2012, 07:35 AM   #3703
Brocktoon
21st Century Schizoid Man

Quote:

I do have a couple questions and maybe you can link me to the right thread or site. Its about my KTTW Card (I think that's the right way to write it ). Last time I went I was probably 12 so it was 1994/early 1995 ish. There was no Animal Kingdom, Hollywood Studios was MGM, there was a ride that was like a chair lift that took you across the park, I swear there were cars parked at MK, the MGM parade ended with Genie and a sign saying "I'm outta here" (which I remember because I hung that picture in my middle school locker), and our tickets were paper with our picture on it and when you used it, the machine stamped the date on it as well as punched a hole. Needless to say, its been a while!! So I have no idea what will be on my KTTW. I've read up on it on a few places but I've also read conflicting information as well. Is it just my room key and dining plan and my tickets are separate or are my park hopper tickets on the card? What time do the first buses leave for the parks? I want to make it to rope drop every day of whatever park I go to so i want to make sure I'm up in plenty of time. I know that stuff is on these forums somewhere but there are so many places to look. If someone could point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it. Thank you!

Im staying at All-Star Movies. I'm going to make side trips to AoA as well as the moderate hotels to see where I may want to stay next time. Leaning towards POR/POFQ personally but we'll see!
Looking at my KTTK card right now from last week's trip. It will be your one card for everything. It's your room key, dining plan (if applicable), park ticket with hopper, and you can add room charging so that it can also be used as a payment method on site to charge back to your room account. Basically one card for everything, although you should carry some cash around as some kiosks and non-disney locations won't take the Kingdom card. The card will list your name, length of stay, package information (such as # in party), and whether the card is valid for charging. The 1st time you enter a park with the card it will be synched with a finger scan so that only you can use that card. Just remember to use that same finger whenever entering any parks for the rest of the stay.

As for the buses, they should start running alteast an hour before park opening, but I've noticed them sometimes running earlier. Ropedrop is probably most important for HS and Toy Story. Last week they were letting people in 10-15 minutes before official opening. Head straight to Toy Story and Fast Pass immediately ... then get in the stand by line as it should still be very short.

Next Trip: Food & Wine Fest: 10/23 - 10/31 2014
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice

- Neil Peart
Old 10-23-2012, 01:06 PM   #3704
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Quote:
Haha! Is it faire to put and 's around well placed emoticons because those really made me laugh

Thanks for the welcome!

It would be so cool to meet other people as disneyfied as I am! Hehe, perhaps it would help create the illusion of being normal at least for a little while... not that I've ever placed much value on being normal
I'm not even sure with the crowd around here we would have any chance of selling a "normal" illusion to anyone. As i've said though for years, 'Normal is Relative....Just not one of mine.'

Quote:
Thanks for the welcome! Good to know there's an awesome group of 'singles' who know how to make Disney fun solo!

I do have a couple questions and maybe you can link me to the right thread or site. Its about my KTTW Card (I think that's the right way to write it). Last time I went I was probably 12 so it was 1994/early 1995 ish. There was no Animal Kingdom, Hollywood Studios was MGM, there was a ride that was like a chair lift that took you across the park, I swear there were cars parked at MK, the MGM parade ended with Genie and a sign saying "I'm outta here" (which I remember because I hung that picture in my middle school locker), and our tickets were paper with our picture on it and when you used it, the machine stamped the date on it as well as punched a hole. Needless to say, its been a while!! So I have no idea what will be on my KTTW. I've read up on it on a few places but I've also read conflicting information as well. Is it just my room key and dining plan and my tickets are separate or are my park hopper tickets on the card? What time do the first buses leave for the parks? I want to make it to rope drop every day of whatever park I go to so i want to make sure I'm up in plenty of time. I know that stuff is on these forums somewhere but there are so many places to look. If someone could point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it. Thank you!

The main Theme Park Planning and Strategies.... as well as maybe the Resorts forums would be the best for some of your questions.

Beyond that, As Brock mentioned, If you got a Disney package, Then everything will be on your Key To The World.... room key, Park Tickets, Dining Plan Credits, Room charge ability [if chosen/activated], etc.. The Resort's Concierge desk will also be able to answer some of your questions such as first bus departures.
Old 10-23-2012, 01:14 PM   #3705
jnoble82
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brocktoon View Post
Looking at my KTTK card right now from last week's trip. It will be your one card for everything. It's your room key, dining plan (if applicable), park ticket with hopper, and you can add room charging so that it can also be used as a payment method on site to charge back to your room account. Basically one card for everything, although you should carry some cash around as some kiosks and non-disney locations won't take the Kingdom card. The card will list your name, length of stay, package information (such as # in party), and whether the card is valid for charging. The 1st time you enter a park with the card it will be synched with a finger scan so that only you can use that card. Just remember to use that same finger whenever entering any parks for the rest of the stay.

As for the buses, they should start running alteast an hour before park opening, but I've noticed them sometimes running earlier. Ropedrop is probably most important for HS and Toy Story. Last week they were letting people in 10-15 minutes before official opening. Head straight to Toy Story and Fast Pass immediately ... then get in the stand by line as it should still be very short.
Quote:
The main Theme Park Planning and Strategies.... as well as maybe the Resorts forums would be the best for some of your questions.

Beyond that, As Brock mentioned, If you got a Disney package, Then everything will be on your Key To The World.... room key, Park Tickets, Dining Plan Credits, Room charge ability [if chosen/activated], etc.. The Resort's Concierge desk will also be able to answer some of your questions such as first bus departures.
Thanks for the info! I'll be sure to check out those forums. I found a good sticky on tickets the other night which helped a lot too. Thanks again
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: