Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2012, 06:26 PM   #3676
nurse.darcy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctnurse View Post
Right now I'm in BW lobby waiting for the ME to pick me up. Erik left this morning for his long trip home. We had a great time and can't wait to do it again.
Awe, its so sad that you have to leave without Erik. We love hanging with you two and have to plan a get-together in Germany next time. . .miss you two already.

So enjoyed meeting everyone. Seriously the highlight meet was Brocktoon's parents. They were an absolute blast. If he tells you he is meeting you all and bringing his parents, go with it. They fit right in. . .awesome peeps.
8/2007 - ASMu, 5/2008 - Pop, 8/2008 - POR & BWI, 9/2008 - POFQ, 12/2008 - Offsite, 3/2009 POR, 5/2009 - Pop, 7/2009 AKL. 10/2009 AKV and SSR, 1/2010 Grand California Villas, 2/2010 BLT, 5/2010 BWV, 7/2010 Pop
Old 10-16-2012, 09:06 AM   #3677
NJDiva
NJDiva Boo Boo

so glad you all such a great time! the party looked like a blast! so wish I was there. just have a minute to post, I have a ton of work to do before I leave on Saturday. I probably won't be posting from Europe since it will mostlikely cost a fortune. to everyone traveling, hope you enjoy your travels...

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-16-2012, 04:22 PM   #3678
ctnurse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurse.darcy View Post
Awe, its so sad that you have to leave without Erik. We love hanging with you two and have to plan a get-together in Germany next time. . .miss you two already.

So enjoyed meeting everyone. Seriously the highlight meet was Brocktoon's parents. They were an absolute blast. If he tells you he is meeting you all and bringing his parents, go with it. They fit right in. . .awesome peeps.
Miss you guys too, of course you will be invited to our next get-together!

We so enjoyed Brocktoon and his parents. They all were a lot of fun...great peeps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDiva View Post
so glad you all such a great time! the party looked like a blast! so wish I was there. just have a minute to post, I have a ton of work to do before I leave on Saturday. I probably won't be posting from Europe since it will mostlikely cost a fortune. to everyone traveling, hope you enjoy your travels...
You missed a great time, hopefully you will be able to join us next time!

Not sure where you will be in Europe, but you can call and have your carrier add a data or text plan which is reasonably priced. I did it this summer when I was there and it was $30. I don't remember what texting was, I think it was maybe $10 for 50 for 100 texts. I think texting from the States is free. I didn't use it because everyone that I usually text, I am able to iMessage so I just used my data. Have a great time, Europe is unbelievable.

I am back home and back to reality. We had such a great time and can't wait to do it again, the SSC peeps rock!
Old 10-17-2012, 08:47 AM   #3679
NJDiva
NJDiva Boo Boo

Quote:
Miss you guys too, of course you will be invited to our next get-together!

We so enjoyed Brocktoon and his parents. They all were a lot of fun...great peeps!

You missed a great time, hopefully you will be able to join us next time!

Not sure where you will be in Europe, but you can call and have your carrier add a data or text plan which is reasonably priced. I did it this summer when I was there and it was $30. I don't remember what texting was, I think it was maybe $10 for 50 for 100 texts. I think texting from the States is free. I didn't use it because everyone that I usually text, I am able to iMessage so I just used my data. Have a great time, Europe is unbelievable.

I am back home and back to reality. We had such a great time and can't wait to do it again, the SSC peeps rock!
I am actually taking a cruise from the UK to the Canary Islands, Spain and Portugal for 2 weeks. I was going over today to talk to my carrier to see what the cost was and all that. I also have to go to the bank to make sure I have no drama there as well....so much to do and not enough time to do it...oh well!

Old 10-17-2012, 09:08 AM   #3680
ctnurse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDiva

I am actually taking a cruise from the UK to the Canary Islands, Spain and Portugal for 2 weeks. I was going over today to talk to my carrier to see what the cost was and all that. I also have to go to the bank to make sure I have no drama there as well....so much to do and not enough time to do it...oh well!
That sounds like so much fun! I can't wait to hear about your adventures in Europe! Are you going solo?
Old 10-17-2012, 09:20 AM   #3681
NJDiva
NJDiva Boo Boo

Quote:
That sounds like so much fun! I can't wait to hear about your adventures in Europe! Are you going solo?
surprisingly I'm not. my bestfriend's other bestfriend (her college roommate) and I are going. both of us like to travel and do it often solo so we thought it would be cool to go together. it's the best of both worlds, since we're used to being alone, we don't have to be with each other 24/7 and when we want to hang with someone, we have each other. it should be fun, I haven't been on a cruise in about 3 years so I'm due.

Old 10-17-2012, 02:18 PM   #3682
nurse.darcy
DIS Veteran

Well, where is everyone? I know this slows down after a trip but ya know. Thought others would post some pix.
8/2007 - ASMu, 5/2008 - Pop, 8/2008 - POR & BWI, 9/2008 - POFQ, 12/2008 - Offsite, 3/2009 POR, 5/2009 - Pop, 7/2009 AKL. 10/2009 AKV and SSR, 1/2010 Grand California Villas, 2/2010 BLT, 5/2010 BWV, 7/2010 Pop
Old 10-17-2012, 05:06 PM   #3683
ZoeisMommy
ºoº Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurse.darcy
Well, where is everyone? I know this slows down after a trip but ya know. Thought others would post some pix.
Yes....those of us who were not able to join in can see what we missed.
Old 10-17-2012, 05:52 PM   #3684
ctnurse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I don't think we took any pictures, we did get photopass, but didn't get any pictures from the meet. Hopefully someone did better than us.
Old 10-18-2012, 03:10 AM   #3685
nurse.darcy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I don't think we took any pictures, we did get photopass, but didn't get any pictures from the meet. Hopefully someone did better than us.
We seriously only took pics at your cocktail party. We should have done a group pic EARLY during Saturday's Food and Wine trek. We all broke off too early. At least a Red Cup was posted from JRs. But I think that was on Facecrack. No faces there though.

DC is still driving home after the long and productive vacation. When he gets back I am sure there will be something posted here.
Old 10-18-2012, 09:43 AM   #3686
TheBigE
Change is inevitable, Growth is optional

Back to reality......

All,

I have made it back to Geneve, well I made it back Tuesday Morning and was a little slow for a couple of days but finally back in stride.

Great time was had by all...we really appreciate the attendance at the Cocktail Hour. It was a great time and the pictures prove it. The lady at the BW General Store knew me by name after three, yes, three runs for additional beverages. Some great memories there and I hope everyone had fun...well we know that Brooktoon had a great time.

Food and Wine - This is my first time in many years. Great people, food and weather made for a most excellent time. How many times did we hit the Sake Bar?

For those that did not make the JellyRolls impromptu stop, a definite must for the entire group next DISMeet. Red cups, great music and Sister Christian. Sorta the perfect storm.

I hope everyone has made it back safely or is still enjoying WDW.

Take Care
Erik
Old 10-18-2012, 10:27 AM   #3687
TheBigE
Change is inevitable, Growth is optional

Back to reality......

All,

I have made it back to Geneve, well I made it back Tuesday Morning and was a little slow for a couple of days but finally back in stride.

Great time was had by all...we really appreciate the attendance at the Cocktail Hour. It was a great time and the pictures prove it. The lady at the BW General Store knew me by name after three, yes, three runs for additional beverages. Some great memories there and I hope everyone had fun...well we know that Brooktoon had a great time.

Food and Wine - This is my first time in many years. Great people, food and weather made for a most excellent time. How many times did we hit the Sake Bar?

For those that did not make the JellyRolls impromptu stop, a definite must for the entire group next DISMeet. Red cups, great music and Sister Christian. Sorta the perfect storm.

Take Care
Erik
Old 10-19-2012, 11:04 AM   #3688
ahoff
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We seriously only took pics at your cocktail party. We should have done a group pic EARLY during Saturday's Food and Wine trek. We all broke off too early.
Or to keep with tradition, a stop at the blue bus!

Sounds like you all had a great time, hopefully next year my schedule will coincide. And would love to trade Geneve tales!
Old 10-19-2012, 06:50 PM   #3689
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

And.... I'm back.

Finally arrived back home yesterday afternoon. Ended up taking 3 days on the return trip. Spent my departure day at the Universal parks doing what we missed our previous days. Finally left town around 7pm to head to Atlanta.

Spent 1/2 the next day in Atlanta meeting up with some friends before hitting the road again....

and then finished up my drive yesterday.....promptly taking a nice nap after 2 weeks of going virtually nonstop.

The meet was a blast. The overall trip was a blast.

Oh.... And for those not at the meet.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by taramoz View Post
Thanks DCTooTall, I didn't see this until now, I thought I did it right, but apparently I missed people, but the key is them having a number to reach us for the meet!

I am at WDW now, got here today after missing a flight and being delayed (accident - not me- closed the freeway on the way to airport), but we got here in time for MNSSHP and for the sky to open up on us. We had a blast!!!

FYI- I am staying at POP for the first time ever, have always rented DVC or stayed at Deluxe. Wow, I kinda love POP already. I will see how the rest of the week goes, but great price, great buses, great food court, nice theme to walk the kiddo through. I am pleased...
Spent the first night in Orlando at the AllStar Music. It wasn't too bad, but still much prefer my timeshare. I actually ended up purchasing the back 1/2 of my contract while I was down there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneydaveCT View Post
As I sit here enjoying a cup of coffee on my porch, I realized it has been quite some time since I have posted anything on this thread. So I will wish everyone a good morning, and hope that your weekend has a sprinkling of . Although the resident pyrate may want a splash of rum.
back!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyMuse View Post
I wasn't there last year for MK's 40th but was determined to be there for epcot's 30th (my favvy fav park!) plus D23 was holding a big ol birthday party at World Showplace with all kinds of fun presentations.

The merch line in the morning was disastrous, but actually getting the merch in the store was easy peasy. The birthday celebration at America Gardens theater was pathetic (the VP of Epcot & VP of disney parks are terrible speakers; not one audio or video clip of Walt either) but the fireworks show was wonderful. All in all, not too bad. They also did a special park map & had buttons.
Yup! Sounds EXACTLY like last year's MK 40th

Quote:
Party Pictures. . .lol.

This is from the Cocktail Party with TheBigE and ctnurse. It was a blast. . .A few peeps missing but the guys wanted pics of the girls. It was funny. Me, Melissa and Tara in all pictures. Wild.
For the record... It wasn't that the guys wanted pics of the girls... It's that the girls decided to take group shots of the 3 of them together, with 2 of the girls already well on their way to high levels of intoxication. While the (sober) guys where either dealing with other things, or just finding themselves amused at the energy and shenanigans of the intoxicated people in the room.

Quote:
Just got back. don't look at me. I still have to dig myself out of my bags, and my catching up from work.

Not to mention survey the damage done to my finances the past 2 weeks.

Quote:
We seriously only took pics at your cocktail party. We should have done a group pic EARLY during Saturday's Food and Wine trek. We all broke off too early. At least a Red Cup was posted from JRs. But I think that was on Facecrack. No faces there though.

DC is still driving home after the long and productive vacation. When he gets back I am sure there will be something posted here.
I don't think I got any pictures of the meet. Sorry I had to peel off as early as I did peeps. Other priorities and all, I'm sure you understand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigE View Post
All,

Take Care
Erik
Jellyrolls sounds like it would've been fun. After our San Angel dinner we decided to head out and go over to DTD to do some quick shopping (burn the rest of the Snack credits at the Candy Cauldron before they expired), followed by the hottub and pool back at the resort.

Next year, We seriously need to try and arrange our F&W meet/trip for a Friday or Monday. It'll be MUCH easier to partake of the many options available to us without the crazy weekend crowds/lines. You know... First Sake Bar trip lines.... Not 2nd Sake Bar trip lines.

(damn! and I never did get a chance to collect on my Margarita Brocktoon promised us!)
Old 10-19-2012, 07:26 PM   #3690
nurse.darcy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahoff View Post
Or to keep with tradition, a stop at the blue bus!

Sounds like you all had a great time, hopefully next year my schedule will coincide. And would love to trade Geneve tales!
Augie, we never made it to the Blue Bus. I only went to US and Epcot the entire trip. Tony and I were having too much fun with friends and family.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: