Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2012, 12:22 PM   #3511
ahoff
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurse.darcy View Post
So many of my long time friends in town this coming weekend that I am headed out just for fun. Hoping to meet up with a few of them.

Then back again in two weeks for Lizzy's wedding and fun with the SSC gang. . .woo hoo.

Doing the race there this weekend. Seems a lot of the old-time dissers will be there.
Old 09-26-2012, 12:41 PM   #3512
Graeme
DIS Veteran

I'm getting itchy feet reading about this meetup! I think flights are a bit expensive from the UK at the minute, but you never know, last minute might turn something up!!

Oh, and I'm a profile hider! But I've got an excuse!! I'm a cop so I don't want to hear from any 'clients'.
Register to remove

Old 09-26-2012, 02:57 PM   #3513
IheartMickey
I have not been blessed by the tag fairy!

Wish I could make the Meet and Greet but 10/13 is my birthday. I'm going to Kouzzina with my mom and just sent out an invite for my family to join up with us at Jellyrolls. Money is tight for everyone so I'm not sure who will actually make it.
Old 09-26-2012, 05:19 PM   #3514
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graeme View Post
I'm getting itchy feet reading about this meetup! I think flights are a bit expensive from the UK at the minute, but you never know, last minute might turn something up!!

Oh, and I'm a profile hider! But I've got an excuse!! I'm a cop so I don't want to hear from any 'clients'.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartMickey View Post
Wish I could make the Meet and Greet but 10/13 is my birthday. I'm going to Kouzzina with my mom and just sent out an invite for my family to join up with us at Jellyrolls. Money is tight for everyone so I'm not sure who will actually make it.
heh....

Would either of you like me to put you on the "Maybe" list so you can get the contact info 'just in case'?
Old 09-26-2012, 06:58 PM   #3515
taramoz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTooTall View Post
Just a reminder people....

If you are interested or planning on attending the meet, PLEASE check the first post ( http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...73&postcount=1 ) and verify that we have your name listed.

I'd hate for someone to be forgotten and end up not getting the mass PM with the meet details and contact info.
I will be sending out info about this time next week to everyone who is coming or maybe coming! It's getting close now...
Old 09-26-2012, 09:52 PM   #3516
MyMuse
From here...to there!

Location: North NJ (I don't know any Sopranos! or Real Housewives!)

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkTink78 View Post
We will be there this weekend. Leaving Thursday night. We are cheering on a friend running the ToT 10 miler!!!!
Yes, alot of people in my twitter feed are running, but alas, I am not. I'm headed to Jellrolls that night.

Quote:
It happens... we can move pretty fast around here... but this year have been surprisingly slow. we haven't even had to create a new thread in the past year.

I think I remember Ahoff mentioning he'll also be down this coming weekend for the race.
Your text actually got me back here. Either I'm on DIS alot or none at all. Feast or Famine, it seems.

This weekend, besides, Epcot's birthday, happens to be my best friend's birthday as well (we have been friends for 25 years), so she comes before racing or cheering on runners.

I'm also very excited to be doing 2 D23 events, Wild Africa Trek and the new Epcot Segway tour. Outside of Disney, doing a safari ranch tour! yeeee-ahhhh!
Old 09-27-2012, 02:39 AM   #3517
nurse.darcy
DIS Veteran

Quote:

And see, that makes perfect sense to "hide" your profile then. Of course, I know you though.

And ya know, it would be nice if you just turned up like that for the meetup.
8/2007 - ASMu, 5/2008 - Pop, 8/2008 - POR & BWI, 9/2008 - POFQ, 12/2008 - Offsite, 3/2009 POR, 5/2009 - Pop, 7/2009 AKL. 10/2009 AKV and SSR, 1/2010 Grand California Villas, 2/2010 BLT, 5/2010 BWV, 7/2010 Pop
Old 09-27-2012, 06:53 AM   #3518
ctnurse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So many of my long time friends in town this coming weekend that I am headed out just for fun. Hoping to meet up with a few of them.

Then back again in two weeks for Lizzy's wedding and fun with the SSC gang. . .woo hoo.

Can't wait, two weeks from today I will be on the plane to MCO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefLepard View Post
I also can't wait for F&W Festival on Oct 17th nom nom nom

Oh wait ... Extra Magic Hours that night.. extra nom nom nom

2 beers I am looking forward to trying

1st = Florida Beer Company’s Devil’s Triangle, Florida, just cuz it's named the Devil's Triangle

2nd = Schöfferhofer Grapefruit, I have recently got into a grapefruit juice habit, so I am curious about this beer

Enjoy your trip and the Oct 13th Dis meet & greet
I am looking forward to trying the beers too. I have been enjoying lemon German beer, wait I have been enjoying all the German beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by taramoz View Post
I will be sending out info about this time next week to everyone who is coming or maybe coming! It's getting close now...
Yes it is! Have you booked your room yet? Glad you will be able to join in on the Friday activities.
Old 09-27-2012, 08:03 AM   #3519
taramoz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctnurse View Post
Yes it is! Have you booked your room yet? Glad you will be able to join in on the Friday activities.
Hey, I am excited to be down for friday too! Is anyone doing anything in the later part of the evening? I need to decide what to do with myself!

I decided to go cheap on my room. It allowed me to be budget friendly and to knock off a resort (my goal is to eventually have stayed at all the resorts), so I am staying at All Star Sports! I think you knew I am going Oct 4-9 with DD8, then turning around and heading back for the meet, so I wanted to save money, that way I have more for food and wine!

I am getting so excited, 1 week and the I have my back to back trips!!!
Old 09-27-2012, 08:06 AM   #3520
Graeme
DIS Veteran

Quote:
heh....

Would either of you like me to put you on the "Maybe" list so you can get the contact info 'just in case'?
Quote:
And ya know, it would be nice if you just turned up like that for the meetup.
I'm a long shot 'maybe' at this stage. Very tempted!
Old 09-27-2012, 08:08 AM   #3521
Graeme
DIS Veteran

Quote:
that way I have more for food and wine!
My kind of thinking!
Old 09-27-2012, 08:22 AM   #3522
taramoz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
My kind of thinking!
Need money for the important stuff!

OK, so I got to thinking on Friday. After the drinks I know a few are off to MNSSHP, for those that aren't, I am thinking of dinner. I am going to try to book a Ressie, I want to go somewhere I don't get to go when I am with DD, who is in?????

Oh, and I have a TIW card for the discount...
Old 09-27-2012, 08:53 AM   #3523
Brocktoon
21st Century Schizoid Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefLepard View Post
I also can't wait for F&W Festival on Oct 17th nom nom nom

Oh wait ... Extra Magic Hours that night.. extra nom nom nom

2 beers I am looking forward to trying

1st = Florida Beer Company’s Devil’s Triangle, Florida, just cuz it's named the Devil's Triangle

2nd = Schöfferhofer Grapefruit, I have recently got into a grapefruit juice habit, so I am curious about this beer

Enjoy your trip and the Oct 13th Dis meet & greet
I've had the Schoffer Grapefruit before (don't know why Disney Parks Blog is saying only available in the US at WDW) and it's interesting. Tasted much more like a grapefruit malt beverage than beer ... think Mike's Hard Grapefruit. I'm not saying it was terrible, but it didn't remind me of beer much.

I'm looking forward to the Sam Adams Chocolate Bock. I haven't had any in few years. Pretty unique in that it actually has a strong cocoa flavor, not just choc malts. The downside is that usually after one pint, the cocoa sweetness does get a bit cloying.

Also, hopefully someone on the DIS will post on this by the end of weekend ... Is the Unibroue back at the Canadian beer cart for the F&W? I need my Ephemere fix while hitting the kiosks

Quote:

OK, so I got to thinking on Friday. After the drinks I know a few are off to MNSSHP, for those that aren't, I am thinking of dinner. I am going to try to book a Ressie, I want to go somewhere I don't get to go when I am with DD, who is in?????

I've got the Swolphin Classic for dinner on Friday. If folks are interested there'll probably be tickets still available on the day of event. They're around $80, but that includes all you can eat and drink of high end food and liquor. You might end up spending just as much after all the courses at a decent WDW restaurant. Just an option

Next Trip: Food & Wine Fest: 10/23 - 10/31 2014
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice

- Neil Peart
Old 09-27-2012, 11:15 AM   #3524
ctnurse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hey, I am excited to be down for friday too! Is anyone doing anything in the later part of the evening? I need to decide what to do with myself!

I decided to go cheap on my room. It allowed me to be budget friendly and to knock off a resort (my goal is to eventually have stayed at all the resorts), so I am staying at All Star Sports! I think you knew I am going Oct 4-9 with DD8, then turning around and heading back for the meet, so I wanted to save money, that way I have more for food and wine!

I am getting so excited, 1 week and the I have my back to back trips!!!

DS and I stayed at PoP last year and loved it. My bucket list includes staying at all the WDW resorts too. And having the extra cash for food and wine is a win-win situation.

I'm planning to hit MNSSHP after drinks.

Quote:

So where are you thinking for dinner? I checked the other day and there are plenty of ADRs left for the weekend. I really like Raglan Road downtown. Any of the Signature restaurants are great and all the countries in EPCOT are good possibilities.
Old 09-27-2012, 11:45 AM   #3525
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyMuse View Post
Your text actually got me back here. Either I'm on DIS alot or none at all. Feast or Famine, it seems.

This weekend, besides, Epcot's birthday, happens to be my best friend's birthday as well (we have been friends for 25 years), so she comes before racing or cheering on runners.

I'm also very excited to be doing 2 D23 events, Wild Africa Trek and the new Epcot Segway tour. Outside of Disney, doing a safari ranch tour! yeeee-ahhhh!
Glad I could hhelp bring you back to the DIS.

Have fun on the Anniversary. I did the MK 40th's last year and it was a blast... crowded and nuts... but fun. Let us know how EPCOT Center's birthday is. [And let us know what you think of the HorizonsResurrected guy's setup. That's one thing I REALLY wish i could experience]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctnurse View Post
Can't wait, two weeks from today I will be on the plane to MCO.
In one week from today, I'll be packing up my car for an early morning Departure to drive down to Disney.

Quote:
I'm a long shot 'maybe' at this stage. Very tempted!
Consider yourself added!

Quote:

Hmmmm.... Tempting. I'm not sure what our plans will be, so consider me and the Girl a tentative maybe. I'll have to check with her to see if she wants to do it or has other plans.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: