Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2012, 08:02 PM   #3481
IheartMickey
I have not been blessed by the tag fairy!

Hi all! I didn't see this thread before I posted a new one, don't know how I was that blind! I'm Jennifer, almost 27, and I live in Saint Cloud, FL. I'm looking for fellow WDW lover friends, or hey Prince Charming would be nice too! Anyone live in the area?
Old 09-21-2012, 08:20 PM   #3482
IheartMickey
I have not been blessed by the tag fairy!

Oh and if anyone wants to friend me, I'm on FB ALL DAY and would love friends to talk about WDW with! Facebook.com/JenTravelsFar
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-22-2012, 01:49 AM   #3483
bluedevilinaz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ortholablady View Post
Interesting! I didn't know you could do that.
Yup. haha. Just type it into the search field at the top of the page and hit enter. If their profile doesn't come up they obviously gave you an email that isn't associated with their fb page or thy just plain don't have one,
Old 09-22-2012, 02:38 PM   #3484
nurse.darcy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ortholablady View Post
A question for those of you who have tried the online dating thing. I've been contacted by someone who hides their profile. I was able to see it with the first email but in the second one he says his profile is hidden and gives me his email address and phone number. I can't figure out how you would even do that. Maybe I'm missing something in the profile settings. But why would someone do this? There were probably 7 or 8 pictures. Why bother if you're going to hide it?
If its hidden its because they don't want someone finding out they are on a dating site. I met two people through match.com. One was married still and not an honest person at all. The other I have been with for more than a year. He is awesome and wonderful. My rule of thumb was if the profile seems too good to be true, it probably is. Walk away from that one.
8/2007 - ASMu, 5/2008 - Pop, 8/2008 - POR & BWI, 9/2008 - POFQ, 12/2008 - Offsite, 3/2009 POR, 5/2009 - Pop, 7/2009 AKL. 10/2009 AKV and SSR, 1/2010 Grand California Villas, 2/2010 BLT, 5/2010 BWV, 7/2010 Pop
Old 09-22-2012, 06:01 PM   #3485
jillyb
DIS Veteran

Just because I feel like beating a dead horse...I agree with everybody else...if he's hiding his profile run!! LOL

I really haven't had much luck with the online dating thing...other than the guy I mentioned previously. And even that is iffy. We talk on the phone and text but I've yet to meet him in person. He gave me some crap about how busy it's been at work (ummm...you don't work weekends so ?????) and dealing with getting ready to close on a house he's buying. I don't care if his Daddy does work for Disney...at some point we need to meet face-to-face or I'm done! LOL

June 2008 @ Pop Century
Thanksgiving 2010 @ Pop Century

Will We Stay or Will We Go - Thanksgiving Pre Trip/Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2413919

It's Going to be a Capitol Vacation! Washington, D.C. August 13-18, 2009 Pre-Trip/Trip Report http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post32476006
Old 09-22-2012, 07:16 PM   #3486
MICKEY88
if you keep falling off of the planet...
It might be time for a one piece
100% Male Disney nut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillyb View Post
Just because I feel like beating a dead horse...I agree with everybody else...if he's hiding his profile run!! LOL

I really haven't had much luck with the online dating thing...other than the guy I mentioned previously. And even that is iffy. We talk on the phone and text but I've yet to meet him in person. He gave me some crap about how busy it's been at work (ummm...you don't work weekends so ?????) and dealing with getting ready to close on a house he's buying. I don't care if his Daddy does work for Disney...at some point we need to meet face-to-face or I'm done! LOL
if he is seriously interested in you, he would make the time to meet you

Pirate Rule #9: A pirate should always remove his hat in the presence of a bartender.
Pirate Rule #11: No pirate shall ever wear a “fanny pack”.
Pirate Rule # 17: Three-cornered hats, headbands and bandanas are the only acceptable headwear for pirates. Fedoras, bowler derbies, baseball caps, MICKEY EARS, top hats, sombreros, or anything with lace and flowers will be removed from the vessel– head included. A grace period of one minute is allowed for hats looted from a tailory.
Old 09-22-2012, 08:22 PM   #3487
thumbalyna
DIS Veteran

I seem to only get replies from guys that are old enough to be my dad. I dont understand it. And i agree the amount of time it takes to weed through all the crazies is enough to make you crazy. Like i said to my best friend last night i hope my prince charming has a GPS so he can find me when im not in WDW. By the way prince if you are reading this ill be there starting Sept 29th lol
Past Trips:1981 Off Site -1987 Off Site - 1996 AS Sports - 1997 Howard Johnson Enchanted Land - 1998 Celebrity Resorts - 2001 Westgate Towers and HRH - 2007 Sheraton Vistana and HRH - 2008 Parkway International and RPR - 2009 AS Sports - 2010 Westgate Vacation Villas
Old 09-22-2012, 08:48 PM   #3488
jillyb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICKEY88 View Post
if he is seriously interested in you, he would make the time to meet you
Totally agree

June 2008 @ Pop Century
Thanksgiving 2010 @ Pop Century

Will We Stay or Will We Go - Thanksgiving Pre Trip/Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2413919

It's Going to be a Capitol Vacation! Washington, D.C. August 13-18, 2009 Pre-Trip/Trip Report http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post32476006
Old 09-23-2012, 09:02 AM   #3489
ortholablady
DIS Veteran

okay so....after at least a dozen emails back and forth and against the good advice of everyone here I decided to meet this guy for dinner. He is an orthodontic lab tech like me only he has his own business with 8 employees and I do the work in two orthodontist's offices just for them. He was a really sweet guy and we had alot of other things in common. He also paid for dinner. I had a really nice time and am planning to go see his lab next week. So could I still possibly be fooled? Possibly but no harm done so far and we'll see how it goes. Not rushing into anything.
Old 09-23-2012, 09:07 AM   #3490
ortholablady
DIS Veteran

Oh and it is a legit business. I checked. And he knows what he's talking about as far as the work goes. As far as hiding the profile, he says he has friends and his employees bugging him all the time about going on match and doesn't want them to see it. Sounded reasonable enough. I know even though I was separated for 4 years and the divorce papers have been filed and I certainly have every right to see anyone I want, I didn't want to have dinner close to home and wind up being seen by some gossipy neighbors.
Old 09-23-2012, 09:12 AM   #3491
jagfanjosh3252
#1 fan of the Jacksonville Jaguars

Take it slow at first. Don't jump into anything. Of he wants to get serious. Make sure he is single.
Old 09-23-2012, 11:57 AM   #3492
ortholablady
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagfanjosh3252 View Post
Take it slow at first. Don't jump into anything. Of he wants to get serious. Make sure he is single.
Absolutely!
Old 09-23-2012, 03:08 PM   #3493
valree
Mouseketeer

Sounds good so far! Let us know how things progress!

I'm definitely nervous about going back online, but maybe I'll try something different next time. I did eHarmony before, but I'm thinking about Match. I wonder if the Crazy Quotient is higher on Match than it is on eHarmony? I've heard plenty of crazy Match stories! I should say that eHarmony wasn't bad, I think I just wasn't feeling it at the time.
Old 09-23-2012, 04:45 PM   #3494
ortholablady
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by valree View Post
Sounds good so far! Let us know how things progress!

I'm definitely nervous about going back online, but maybe I'll try something different next time. I did eHarmony before, but I'm thinking about Match. I wonder if the Crazy Quotient is higher on Match than it is on eHarmony? I've heard plenty of crazy Match stories! I should say that eHarmony wasn't bad, I think I just wasn't feeling it at the time.
I don't know if any one is better than the other. When I tried to sign up at eHarmony I filled out their questionnaire and was a little disappointed when at the end it said because I checked currently separated I couldn't join. Then I went back after signing the divorce papers and tried again and now they want the number from the final divorce which I have not gotten yet. So maybe they are a little more selective but we all know people just lie so who knows. Guess it's just up to us to weed out the crazies.
Old 09-23-2012, 04:53 PM   #3495
EvoldicA
Mouseketeer

Jilly: He will find time if he REALLY cares about you.

When is the SSC meet @ WDW? :b

~Bill

MK for MNSSHP 10/7/11, MK for MNSSHP 10/16/11, EPCOT for Sugar Ray 10/19/11, MK on 11/10/11, MK for MVMCP 12/13/11, MK for fireworks 12/31/11.
Leaping around MK for 24h of madness 2/29/12 !
[First Disney Hotel!] POP on 3/10/12, All Star Music from 4/30-5/2/12
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: