Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2012, 06:03 PM   #3466
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellymonster23 View Post
Hey Everybody!! I've been lurking around this thread for a little while now. It gives me some hope to hear of successful online dating outcomes. I work at a high school and pretty much the whole staff is married already so not a lot of possibilities there for me. Maybe this is the place to find Prince Charming
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razz View Post
Hi Everyone!

I'm a single mom of two, son is 17 and daughter is 13. We'll be in Disney 12/10-12/18, so excited!

Good to see so many other singles who share the passion!
to the SSC! We always love it when new people join us! Feel free to pull up a chair, order a drink from our resident bartender, And hop right into the random conversations we have around here.
Old 09-21-2012, 05:47 AM   #3467
ortholablady
DIS Veteran

A question for those of you who have tried the online dating thing. I've been contacted by someone who hides their profile. I was able to see it with the first email but in the second one he says his profile is hidden and gives me his email address and phone number. I can't figure out how you would even do that. Maybe I'm missing something in the profile settings. But why would someone do this? There were probably 7 or 8 pictures. Why bother if you're going to hide it?
Register to remove

Old 09-21-2012, 06:22 AM   #3468
ZoeisMommy
ºoº Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ortholablady
A question for those of you who have tried the online dating thing. I've been contacted by someone who hides their profile. I was able to see it with the first email but in the second one he says his profile is hidden and gives me his email address and phone number. I can't figure out how you would even do that. Maybe I'm missing something in the profile settings. But why would someone do this? There were probably 7 or 8 pictures. Why bother if you're going to hide it?
Well if they aren't willing to share than I'm not willing to care. Sounds a bit fishy to me. But that's just my honest opinion from previous experiences.
Old 09-21-2012, 07:06 AM   #3469
Razz
Earning My Ears

Oh I have to agree with ZoiesMommy on this one, if they're not willing to share their profile don't waste your time.
Old 09-21-2012, 07:09 AM   #3470
ortholablady
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoeisMommy View Post
Well if they aren't willing to share than I'm not willing to care. Sounds a bit fishy to me. But that's just my honest opinion from previous experiences.
Yeah something just isn't right. And his screen name is 2fun4email. But he says he does the same work that I do and seemed to know alot about it. But I'm thinking did he research it? Would someone go that far? He was cute but I'm not calling him or emailing him outside of Match.
Old 09-21-2012, 08:39 AM   #3471
Disney_Fanatic25
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ortholablady

Yeah something just isn't right. And his screen name is 2fun4email. But he says he does the same work that I do and seemed to know alot about it. But I'm thinking did he research it? Would someone go that far? He was cute but I'm not calling him or emailing him outside of Match.
The fact that he hid his profile would be a huge red flag to me. I would move on.

Old 09-21-2012, 10:36 AM   #3472
hawaiian mickey
hawaiian flyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ortholablady View Post
aloha,
I would be wary about anyone who hides their profile. They probably don't want their soon to be ex spouse (LOL) see it. May because he/she hasn't told their spouse he/she is leaving or they are looking for something on the side.

aloha,
hawaiian mickey
Old 09-21-2012, 11:03 AM   #3473
MICKEY88
if you keep falling off of the planet...
It might be time for a one piece
100% Male Disney nut!

Quote:
a scammer, don't give your personal email address to this persson

Pirate Rule #9: A pirate should always remove his hat in the presence of a bartender.
Pirate Rule #11: No pirate shall ever wear a “fanny pack”.
Pirate Rule # 17: Three-cornered hats, headbands and bandanas are the only acceptable headwear for pirates. Fedoras, bowler derbies, baseball caps, MICKEY EARS, top hats, sombreros, or anything with lace and flowers will be removed from the vessel– head included. A grace period of one minute is allowed for hats looted from a tailory.
Old 09-21-2012, 12:40 PM   #3474
godolphin123
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTooTall View Post
I've added you to the list. Sometime in the next 2 weeks Tara will probably send out a PM to everyone on the list with contact info and a basic plan. Since we'll probably be moving around, you can text one of us when you arrive and we'll tell you where we are so you can meet up with the group.
Grazi, I'll keep an eye out for that. Guess it's a good thing I updated my fl res weekday ap to include weekends. lol
Old 09-21-2012, 02:58 PM   #3475
bluedevilinaz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
As with everyone else I would run the other way. The other thing you can do is search his email address on Facebook(I used to do that all the time). Sometimes they make an email address just for dating sites but most cheaters aren't that smart.
Old 09-21-2012, 03:10 PM   #3476
DCTooTall

Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_05FMWP-22E

(had to find another way to say it since the boring normal ways had been taken.)
Old 09-21-2012, 03:18 PM   #3477
MICKEY88
100% Male Disney nut!

Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_05FMWP-22E

(had to find another way to say it since the boring normal ways had been taken.)
good grief, you get a smart phone and now you think you are special..

Pirate Rule #9: A pirate should always remove his hat in the presence of a bartender.
Pirate Rule # 17: Three-cornered hats, headbands and bandanas are the only acceptable headwear for pirates. Fedoras, bowler derbies, baseball caps, MICKEY EARS, top hats, sombreros, or anything with lace and flowers will be removed from the vessel– head included. A grace period of one minute is allowed for hats looted from a tailory.
Old 09-21-2012, 03:25 PM   #3478
DCTooTall

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICKEY88 View Post
good grief, you get a smart phone and now you think you are special..
Who are you kidding? This has nothing to do with my new toy. I've been this kinda 'special' for a LONG time.
Old 09-21-2012, 03:31 PM   #3479
MICKEY88
100% Male Disney nut!

Quote:
Who are you kidding? This has nothing to do with my new toy. I've been this kinda 'special' for a LONG time.
I was trying to be nice and assign blame elsewhere,

Old 09-21-2012, 05:48 PM   #3480
ortholablady
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilinaz View Post
As with everyone else I would run the other way. The other thing you can do is search his email address on Facebook(I used to do that all the time). Sometimes they make an email address just for dating sites but most cheaters aren't that smart.
Interesting! I didn't know you could do that.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: