Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2012, 09:48 PM   #3286
taramoz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTooTall View Post
Just off the top of my head, We have a pirate, a Prince, A Diva, and several princesses.....

I think we qualify, don't you?
I don't consider myself a princess, always was more of a tinkerbell. Does that make me a fairy?
Old 08-30-2012, 10:27 PM   #3287
DIS_MERI
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilinaz View Post
*sigh* I just lost another friend. She passed away last night. I'm gonna go dig myself a hole and go lay in it for awhile...
*hugs* it is always rough to go through. I lost a friend just before high school graduation (which was a while ago *cough*), and now there is a guy at my church with the same name....it's still a bit like a punch in the gut every time I hear it. I'll be praying for you!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-31-2012, 02:15 AM   #3288
MICKEY88
if you keep falling off of the planet...
It might be time for a one piece
100% Male Disney nut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by taramoz View Post
I don't consider myself a princess, always was more of a tinkerbell. Does that make me a fairy?
you can obviously call yourself whatever you want, however I do have photo evidence that you are a Pirate

Pirate Rule #9: A pirate should always remove his hat in the presence of a bartender.
Pirate Rule #11: No pirate shall ever wear a “fanny pack”.
Pirate Rule # 17: Three-cornered hats, headbands and bandanas are the only acceptable headwear for pirates. Fedoras, bowler derbies, baseball caps, MICKEY EARS, top hats, sombreros, or anything with lace and flowers will be removed from the vessel– head included. A grace period of one minute is allowed for hats looted from a tailory.
Old 08-31-2012, 08:21 AM   #3289
DefLepard
<3 Disney

Quote:
*sigh* I just lost another friend. She passed away last night. I'm gonna go dig myself a hole and go lay in it for awhile...
You have my condolences
Old 08-31-2012, 11:47 AM   #3290
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctnurse View Post
DC, My dates for October are the 11th- 15th. I am not sure about the time since I do not have a flight yet.
So does this mean you guys think it'd be a good idea to add the dates to the first post for everyone?

Quote:
While I princess can be dressed in everything from a big ball room gown to a simple tshirt and jeans (or shorts).... I do believe Fairy's have a bit more restrictive costuming requirement.

Therefore.... In order to qualify as a fairy, We must see the photographic proof.

Old 08-31-2012, 12:30 PM   #3291
NJDiva
NJDiva Boo Boo

Quote:
Done. I'll expect you there.

FYI, I got an express pass for HHN since I've heard lines can get pretty long pretty fast (like, 2hr lines into the houses), and since it's further in the month than I went last year, I'm not taking any chances.

PM me and I may be able to hook you up on the actual HHN ticket itself.

And as for the Party.... LALA!! You got peeps wanting to know details and if we are doing this thing. (Diva, Don't know how often Lala gets over here, so you may want to ping her and have her check the thread.)
I'll hit her up!

Old 08-31-2012, 06:15 PM   #3292
taramoz
DIS Veteran

Quote:

So does this mean you guys think it'd be a good idea to add the dates to the first post for everyone?

While I princess can be dressed in everything from a big ball room gown to a simple tshirt and jeans (or shorts).... I do believe Fairy's have a bit more restrictive costuming requirement.

Therefore.... In order to qualify as a fairy, We must see the photographic proof.

Dates would probably be good. I am looking at Friday-Sunday for me, waiting to book on miles (too expensive otherwise, they usually have miles deals closer to the trip dates) so I may flip it around a bit based on what is available. If I had more vacation time I'd extend my trip from prior weekend, but not gonna happen, need good miles deal instead!!!
Old 08-31-2012, 06:44 PM   #3293
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Quote:
Dates would probably be good. I am looking at Friday-Sunday for me, waiting to book on miles (too expensive otherwise, they usually have miles deals closer to the trip dates) so I may flip it around a bit based on what is available. If I had more vacation time I'd extend my trip from prior weekend, but not gonna happen, need good miles deal instead!!!
Ok, I'll start adding the trip dates.

If everyone wants to let me know their dates again I'll update the first post.
Old 08-31-2012, 07:04 PM   #3294
Disney_Fanatic25
Mouseketeer

10/11-10/14

Old 08-31-2012, 07:56 PM   #3295
bluedevilinaz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIS_MERI View Post
*hugs* it is always rough to go through. I lost a friend just before high school graduation (which was a while ago *cough*), and now there is a guy at my church with the same name....it's still a bit like a punch in the gut every time I hear it. I'll be praying for you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctnurse View Post
Sorry for your loss, it is never easy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney_Fanatic25 View Post
I'm so sorry to hear that. Losing someone is always hard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefLepard View Post
You have my condolences
Quote:
Thanks guys. I'm doing better today.

I just did my good deed for the day. Found a lost dog and walked her around the neighborhood, turns out she belonged to the people 2 doors down. haha. They were happy to see her that's for sure! I guess that's one way to meet the new neighbors.
Old 08-31-2012, 08:20 PM   #3296
NJDiva
NJDiva Boo Boo

Quote:
I just did my good deed for the day. Found a lost dog and walked her around the neighborhood, turns out she belonged to the people 2 doors down. haha. They were happy to see her that's for sure! I guess that's one way to meet the new neighbors.
good karma is coming your way....

Old 09-01-2012, 07:05 AM   #3297
nurse.darcy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Ok, I'll start adding the trip dates.

If everyone wants to let me know their dates again I'll update the first post.
Wednesday night the 10th to Sunday the 14th. . .staying 4 nights. . .driving home on Sunday.

Tony's sister's wedding is on the 11th so no plans for me that day other than wedding.

Free after that.
8/2007 - ASMu, 5/2008 - Pop, 8/2008 - POR & BWI, 9/2008 - POFQ, 12/2008 - Offsite, 3/2009 POR, 5/2009 - Pop, 7/2009 AKL. 10/2009 AKV and SSR, 1/2010 Grand California Villas, 2/2010 BLT, 5/2010 BWV, 7/2010 Pop
Old 09-02-2012, 09:14 PM   #3298
jagfanjosh3252
#1 fan of the Jacksonville Jaguars

Dates for me are October 10th-16th.

I went to IoA/USF today. I haven't been to IoA in a good 10 years, and I never went to Universal. I have to say that they have some REALLY good rides. Simpson, Mummy, Spider-Man, Rip Ride Rocket, and HPatFJ. WOW. HP was AMAZING
Old 09-02-2012, 11:24 PM   #3299
DIS_MERI
Mouseketeer

Just finished submitting everything that was due for classes this week, barely in time....going to have to work on making sure I get things done *early* instead of last minute, from now on.....

Might have to admit that homeschooling 3 kiddos, taking 12 credit hours *and* planning a wedding, all while trying to fit in regular life *could* be a bit much. But, I'm not willing to drop any of it....well, except maybe the Disney trip in November I am hammering out the final details to rent out my DVC reservation and our flights are on southwest, mostly booked on points, so not a huge difficulty to cancel those. I think that between the money saved from not going (food and ticket upgrades) and what I will get from renting out my reservation, I will come close to paying for the wedding, at least We are still planning to do a trip in June, all 7 of us, when his kids are out of school; the 3 of them haven't been to Disney before
Old 09-03-2012, 09:17 AM   #3300
Disney_Fanatic25
Mouseketeer

Wow full time school, homeschooling and planning a wedding. Your going to be busy for a while but you can do it! I just learned that taking a timed quiz with my kids around is not the best way to get a good score LOL luckily I was able to take it twice. Have you decided on a wedding date?

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: