Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2012, 10:03 AM   #3256
ortholablady
DIS Veteran

Annual Pass discounts are out for October if anyone is waiting. I saved $136 off my original 5 nights at Pop Century with the AP price. Wish it could have been more but not bad.
Old 08-29-2012, 01:43 PM   #3257
Disney_Fanatic25
Mouseketeer

Is the Oct meeting only one day or the whole weekend? Trying to decide how many nights i should stay

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-29-2012, 01:45 PM   #3258
Disney_Fanatic25
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilinaz
So far so good with school. I've done a 5 paragraph essay for my English class(finished and submitted it yesterday in 2.5 hours and it's not due until tonight ), a reading assignment and practice test for Theater, and 3 section quizzes for math(which I aced! ). Let's see if I can keep up this pace all semester. If I can I should have no issues passing! *crosses fingers*
I wish I was ahead with my classes LOL I have 8 papers to write this semester. This will be the last time I take 2 classes together that are heavy on writing LOL

Old 08-29-2012, 04:42 PM   #3259
MICKEY88
if you keep falling off of the planet...
It might be time for a one piece
100% Male Disney nut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney_Fanatic25 View Post
Is the Oct meeting only one day or the whole weekend? Trying to decide how many nights i should stay
check out the first post in this thread, DC, tries to keep it up to date, at this point I think there is one day definite, and then a few days with optional plans, last OCtober , most of us met on the day of the big 40 celebration in MK, a few people came later, and people randomly hung out together

Pirate Rule #9: A pirate should always remove his hat in the presence of a bartender.
Pirate Rule #11: No pirate shall ever wear a “fanny pack”.
Pirate Rule # 17: Three-cornered hats, headbands and bandanas are the only acceptable headwear for pirates. Fedoras, bowler derbies, baseball caps, MICKEY EARS, top hats, sombreros, or anything with lace and flowers will be removed from the vessel– head included. A grace period of one minute is allowed for hats looted from a tailory.
Old 08-29-2012, 05:21 PM   #3260
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MICKEY88 View Post
check out the first post in this thread, DC, tries to keep it up to date, at this point I think there is one day definite, and then a few days with optional plans, last OCtober , most of us met on the day of the big 40 celebration in MK, a few people came later, and people randomly hung out together
What the said.

In part because of fact that people have different restrictions on when they can get away... either due to kids, work, school, etc... It's easier to shoot for a single "official" meet day, with the understanding that there may be other things happening over the weekend or people will be in town you can hang out with. With a crowd this big, It's easier to just say "be here this day", and then work around that. (I think there are some people flying in Friday night, and then out Sunday afternoon/evening).

That being said, I know I'm planning on hitting Halloween Horror nights on the Thursday prior at Universal, and people are welcome to join me if they want. There is also talk of getting together for some drinks or something Friday afternoon/evening.... possibly one of Lala's 'parties' that night or another.... and possibly a few people heading to MNSSHP Friday night as well.

I think Tara even mentioned a breakfast ADR for Sunday AM.

Somewhat related.... Do you guys want me to add the dates everyone will be in town to the first post? Now that hotels are starting to get locked in and flights booked, it might make it easier to arrange mini-meetups and shared ADR's outside of the big meet on the 13th if you know when everybody is in town.
Old 08-29-2012, 05:55 PM   #3261
Disney_Fanatic25
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTooTall

What the said.

In part because of fact that people have different restrictions on when they can get away... either due to kids, work, school, etc... It's easier to shoot for a single "official" meet day, with the understanding that there may be other things happening over the weekend or people will be in town you can hang out with. With a crowd this big, It's easier to just say "be here this day", and then work around that. (I think there are some people flying in Friday night, and then out Sunday afternoon/evening).

That being said, I know I'm planning on hitting Halloween Horror nights on the Thursday prior at Universal, and people are welcome to join me if they want. There is also talk of getting together for some drinks or something Friday afternoon/evening.... possibly one of Lala's 'parties' that night or another.... and possibly a few people heading to MNSSHP Friday night as well.

I think Tara even mentioned a breakfast ADR for Sunday AM.

Somewhat related.... Do you guys want me to add the dates everyone will be in town to the first post? Now that hotels are starting to get locked in and flights booked, it might make it easier to arrange mini-meetups and shared ADR's outside of the big meet on the 13th if you know when everybody is in town.
Thanks! I saw the post but didn't know if things had changed. I know ill be there Oct 12-14. I've never done Halloween horror nights. Although I love scary movies I don't do well with haunted houses. Anyone jumps out at me ill have a heart attack LOL

Old 08-29-2012, 05:59 PM   #3262
DCTooTall

Quote:
Thanks! I saw the post but didn't know if things had changed. I know ill be there Oct 12-14. I've never done Halloween horror nights. Although I love scary movies I don't do well with haunted houses. Anyone jumps out at me ill have a heart attack LOL
I'll tell you that HHN is AMAZING! I Think Darcy is planning on joining me on the 11th... but that's about it so far. They do have the obligatory jump out scares, but the event as a hole is so detailed and cool that it's more than just "a haunted house".

www.halloweenhorrornights.com for more info. They expect the rest of the details to be announced on the 30th.
Old 08-29-2012, 06:12 PM   #3263
Disney_Fanatic25
Mouseketeer

I've always wanted to try it but my kids are too young and I didn't want to brave it alone LOL

Old 08-29-2012, 06:35 PM   #3264
DCTooTall

Quote:
I've always wanted to try it but my kids are too young and I didn't want to brave it alone LOL
Perfect excuse to do it then. Assuming you don't have to worry about what to do with the kids while you play, You'd be able to tag along with a group.

There may also be some other DIS'ers going the same night.
Old 08-29-2012, 06:53 PM   #3265
Disney_Fanatic25
Mouseketeer

True I wont have the kids with me that weekend and if enough people go I can just hide in the middle of the group LOL

Old 08-29-2012, 07:00 PM   #3266
DCTooTall

Quote:
True I wont have the kids with me that weekend and if enough people go I can just hide in the middle of the group LOL
The houses you don't have to worry about that so much. It's pretty much a big conga line thru the house, so generally you'll have people before and after you anyways.
Old 08-29-2012, 07:24 PM   #3267
jagfanjosh3252
#1 fan of the Jacksonville Jaguars

Lol. I still curious about the 'parties.'
Old 08-29-2012, 07:28 PM   #3268
Disney_Fanatic25
Mouseketeer

I just hope I don't lash out and get arrested for hitting whoever jumps out at me LOL I did that when I was 8 ( lashed out not arrested)

Old 08-29-2012, 08:04 PM   #3269
Disney_Fanatic25
Mouseketeer

OK that sounded bad LOL I promise not to hit anyone in a moment of terror even if they deserve it for scaring me

Old 08-29-2012, 08:50 PM   #3270
bluedevilinaz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I wish I was ahead with my classes LOL I have 8 papers to write this semester. This will be the last time I take 2 classes together that are heavy on writing LOL
I'm taking 3 online classes, English 101, Theater 100, and Math 93. I dunno what I was thinking though since I haven't been in school since 2007 and that was a trade school(all hands on, very little book work and no gen ed). This online stuff is kinda nice but I do miss being able to go to a real class sometimes.

Although, I do like being able to relax with an adult beverage, dinner, and do class at the same time. Saves me a lot of gas money too. haha.

Speaking of adult beverages *passes out a round of Long Island's and a double shot of rum for the Pyrate* Enjoy!

Quote:
I just hope I don't lash out and get arrested for hitting whoever jumps out at me LOL I did that when I was 8 ( lashed out not arrested)
Hahaha I'm the same way! I HATE when things jump out at me but I love being on the giving end. haha. We used to do a haunted house in my parents garage each year and I used to scare the hell outta the neighborhood kids.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: