Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2012, 10:00 AM   #3241
kellymonster23
Earning My Ears

HI Everyone!!! I thought I would join in on the fun. I'm a 33yo female living near Louisville KY. I LOVE disney, will be making another trip in Jan 2013. My family tries to make a trip every year. Just wanted to say Hi and hope to meet some other disney fanatics!!!!!

Previous trips

October 1992 - offsite (Days Suites)
December 2002 - Paradise Pier (DisneyLand)
April 2003 - offsite (Kingstown Reef)
January 2006 - offsite (Vacation home)
November 2006 - AllStar Music Family Suite (1st time onsite)
June 2007 - Disneyland
January 2008 - AllStar Music Family Suite
January 7-15, 2009 - SSR 2 bedroom villa
December 2-10, 2011 - AKL Kidani Village 2 bedroom villa
January 5-12, 2013 - Old Key West 2 bedroom villa
January 10-17, 2014 - OKW Grand Villa
Old 08-27-2012, 10:02 AM   #3242
MICKEY88
if you keep falling off of the planet...
It might be time for a one piece
100% Male Disney nut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIS_MERI View Post
For those that haven't been around for ages, I used to dog PlentyOfFish and so, of course, that is how we met, lol. I posted on here before our first date that I didn't think I was going to go, because he seemed to be telling me what I wanted to hear...but then I decided to go ahead and meet him and here we are now
Congrats,
and thanks for the background story, I was just about to ask, I was kind of remembering the hesitation

Pirate Rule #9: A pirate should always remove his hat in the presence of a bartender.
Pirate Rule #11: No pirate shall ever wear a “fanny pack”.
Pirate Rule # 17: Three-cornered hats, headbands and bandanas are the only acceptable headwear for pirates. Fedoras, bowler derbies, baseball caps, MICKEY EARS, top hats, sombreros, or anything with lace and flowers will be removed from the vessel– head included. A grace period of one minute is allowed for hats looted from a tailory.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-27-2012, 10:09 AM   #3243
NJDiva
NJDiva Boo Boo

Quote:
At least lunch costs less, lol

I don't think funding any extra trips are going to be happening in the near future....I got this Saturday:

Which means I have largish expenses in my near future (like a wedding, and hopefully a very short honeymoon-sadly not Disney since my fiance doesn't have any vacation time until after the new year and we plan to marry in early December). He wants to go on a cruise sometime next year, so I suppose I could still end up at Disney then....
Congrats dear...I know you must be beyond Disney happy!

Old 08-27-2012, 10:45 AM   #3244
DIS_MERI
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellymonster23 View Post
HI Everyone!!! I thought I would join in on the fun. I'm a 33yo female living near Louisville KY. I LOVE disney, will be making another trip in Jan 2013. My family tries to make a trip every year. Just wanted to say Hi and hope to meet some other disney fanatics!!!!!
Welcome! It's a great group, we even have a few no-longer singles who refuse to leave Don't worry about trying to follow a conversation, just jump in at any time

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICKEY88 View Post
Congrats,
and thanks for the background story, I was just about to ask, I was kind of remembering the hesitation
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDiva View Post
Congrats dear...I know you must be beyond Disney happy!
Thanks, everyone And, yes, beyond Disney happy is a good description
Old 08-27-2012, 07:22 PM   #3245
ortholablady
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you, ladies

I was supposed to be surprised, lol, but I knew he bought the ring (just not exactly what it looked like) *and* as the big giveaway, my best friend was suddenly able to make the 2 hour trip to come visit me, when she hadn't been able to in the month since I moved up here. We had a get together with 5 couples, plus the hubby from another couple (the wife had their 3rd child Tuesday and couldn't make it, lol) and all the kids (a 7th couple was out celebrating their anniversary and stopped by later). We played charades, with the guy acting out and the girl guessing. Dennis, ignored his assigned charade, of course, and acted out "Will you marry me" and when I guessed correctly he said, "No, will you marry me."

We are looking at getting married the first weekend in December, and I'm shooting for as small a wedding as I can get away with, lol. He is a very social person, though, so paring down his side of the guest list could be difficult. There is a very small chance we might move it up to 10/11/12, but I am not sure we will be able to get everything set up quite that quick, so we will see

For those that haven't been around for ages, I used to dog PlentyOfFish and so, of course, that is how we met, lol. I posted on here before our first date that I didn't think I was going to go, because he seemed to be telling me what I wanted to hear...but then I decided to go ahead and meet him and here we are now

I hate coming back, but at least you have your birthday weekend to look forward to, and help with the post-Disney depression!
Congratulations! Plentyof Fish huh? Never heard of that one but I think I may have to take a look!
Old 08-27-2012, 07:23 PM   #3246
nurse.darcy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctnurse View Post
Congrats! That is fantastic news! Were you surprised? How did he propose.? What are your plans? I am very happy for you.

I just returned from Disney last night and had a fantastic time. Was able to sneak in some adult time and explored EPCOT for places to enjoy adult beverages.

For now it is back to reality and work. School is starting this week and I haven't done anything to prepare.

I am getting ready for my long needed birthday week in a few weeks. I am getting away for a nice relaxing long weekend. I can't believe I soon will be 29.

I hope that anyone is in the path of the storm stays safe. Have a great Monday!
CT, it was great seeing you on Friday. Wish we could have gotten together some more. Your mom is a riot. You are just a younger version of her. LOL. Had a great time at the wine bar. Can't wait to see you in October.
8/2007 - ASMu, 5/2008 - Pop, 8/2008 - POR & BWI, 9/2008 - POFQ, 12/2008 - Offsite, 3/2009 POR, 5/2009 - Pop, 7/2009 AKL. 10/2009 AKV and SSR, 1/2010 Grand California Villas, 2/2010 BLT, 5/2010 BWV, 7/2010 Pop
Old 08-27-2012, 07:28 PM   #3247
bluedevilinaz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Welcome! It's a great group, we even have a few no-longer singles who refuse to leave Don't worry about trying to follow a conversation, just jump in at any time

Thanks, everyone And, yes, beyond Disney happy is a good description
I ain't leavin unless ya'll don't want a bartender anymore haha

Congratulations! I'm happy for ya!
Old 08-27-2012, 08:44 PM   #3248
MICKEY88
100% Male Disney nut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilinaz View Post
I ain't leavin unless ya'll don't want a bartender anymore haha
I personally don't need a bartender, since I have my Private stash of Rum
however I think you should stick around because you're cool, plus as long as you're here serving up drinks, people stay away from me rum

Pirate Rule #9: A pirate should always remove his hat in the presence of a bartender.
Pirate Rule # 17: Three-cornered hats, headbands and bandanas are the only acceptable headwear for pirates. Fedoras, bowler derbies, baseball caps, MICKEY EARS, top hats, sombreros, or anything with lace and flowers will be removed from the vessel– head included. A grace period of one minute is allowed for hats looted from a tailory.
Old 08-27-2012, 09:46 PM   #3249
beachphotog
Pass me a margarita

Something that makes packing more tolerable? Beer.

Something that make packing more difficult? Beer...

And I still managed to wrap and pack dishes... Although that was before I finished the first one.

I'm saving the 2 bottles of unopened wine for after the move... I think I'll need it.

Also, for those of you that live out near Lancaster, I went to spend the day with one of my best friends from college... Here's my question, why is it such a tourist hub? Having lived so close my whole life, I just don't get it...

Follow me on twitter: @beachphotog
And on Instagram: smk31

Last edited by beachphotog; 08-27-2012 at 09:46 PM. Reason: Stinkin autocorrect!
Old 08-27-2012, 09:54 PM   #3250
bluedevilinaz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICKEY88 View Post
I personally don't need a bartender, since I have my Private stash of Rum
however I think you should stick around because you're cool, plus as long as you're here serving up drinks, people stay away from me rum
Touche' my good sir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachphotog View Post

And I still managed to wrap and pack dishes... Although that was before I finished the first one.

I'm saving the 2 bottles of unopened wine for after the move... I think I'll need it.

Also, for those of you that live out near Lancaster, I went to spend the day with one of my best friends from college... Here's my question, why is it such a tourist hub? Having lived so close my whole life, I just don't get it...

*replaces packing with school and beer with cake vodka *

Yes, I am drinking while doing my classes! haha. I need to after spending $290 on books! One of them was an E-Book for $90! UGH!!!! Highway robbery if you ask me!
Old 08-27-2012, 10:37 PM   #3251
ctnurse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you, ladies

I was supposed to be surprised, lol, but I knew he bought the ring (just not exactly what it looked like) *and* as the big giveaway, my best friend was suddenly able to make the 2 hour trip to come visit me, when she hadn't been able to in the month since I moved up here. We had a get together with 5 couples, plus the hubby from another couple (the wife had their 3rd child Tuesday and couldn't make it, lol) and all the kids (a 7th couple was out celebrating their anniversary and stopped by later). We played charades, with the guy acting out and the girl guessing. Dennis, ignored his assigned charade, of course, and acted out "Will you marry me" and when I guessed correctly he said, "No, will you marry me."

We are looking at getting married the first weekend in December, and I'm shooting for as small a wedding as I can get away with, lol. He is a very social person, though, so paring down his side of the guest list could be difficult. There is a very small chance we might move it up to 10/11/12, but I am not sure we will be able to get everything set up quite that quick, so we will see

I hate coming back, but at least you have your birthday weekend to look forward to, and help with the post-Disney depression!
Thanks for sharing your story. It put a smile on my face. I wish you the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurse.darcy View Post
CT, it was great seeing you on Friday. Wish we could have gotten together some more. Your mom is a riot. You are just a younger version of her. LOL. Had a great time at the wine bar. Can't wait to see you in October.
We did have a great time. In October we will have more time to hang out. The wine bar is a great place to hang out, even though it was pouring. It was so good to see the both of you!

Old 08-28-2012, 12:19 AM   #3252
valree
Mouseketeer

Quote:
At least lunch costs less, lol

I don't think funding any extra trips are going to be happening in the near future....I got this Saturday:

Which means I have largish expenses in my near future (like a wedding, and hopefully a very short honeymoon-sadly not Disney since my fiance doesn't have any vacation time until after the new year and we plan to marry in early December). He wants to go on a cruise sometime next year, so I suppose I could still end up at Disney then....
Congratulations! Do you think you'll do a Disney wedding? That would be cool!

Welcome, kellymonster!
Old 08-28-2012, 04:32 PM   #3253
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney_Fanatic25 View Post
I saw that there was a meetup and I would love to go. Is there someone I need to sign up with?
Consider yourself "signed up". I'll add your name to the list keeping track of everyone on the first post. You can always reference that post if you get lost around here for a bit since I'm trying ot keep it updated with any details as they are decided upon.

Beyond that.... We'll be using that list to PM details and contact info closer to the date so that we can actually meet up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillyb View Post
Well...that's a loaded question if I've ever seen one.
Well... he IS the afterall. It would be much more out of character for him to not have his questions loaded.

Quote:

Congrats! Guess that means We'll have to change you from a to a now, doesn't it?

And I THINK we can excuse your lack of Disney trips with this news.

Quote:
Ohhhh, I think many of us here knew you were special before, DC
But we have so much fresh blood around here I thought it wouldn't hurt to mention it again.

Quote:
Thank you, ladies

So I'm thinking the SSC can take credit for this successful hookup as well. If I recall correctly, we were the ones who helped push you to actually take a shot when you were talking about blowing off the date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellymonster23 View Post
to the SSC! Always love having new people join us. Go ahead, pull up a chair, and order a drink and our bartender will be right with you. In the meantime, feel free to jump into the conversation around here. We can be pretty random, but it can be a TON of fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachphotog View Post

It's the Amish. People seem to think those backward black-wearing people are interesting enough to go and see and buy their stuff.

Beyond that, There are the outlets. That's about all I can figure.
Old 08-28-2012, 07:51 PM   #3254
MICKEY88
100% Male Disney nut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTooTall View Post
Well... he IS the afterall. It would be much more out of character for him to not have his questions loaded.
well the saying is, Load the Cannons, then the Crew
so I figured why not load the questions as well

Old 08-29-2012, 06:20 AM   #3255
bluedevilinaz
DIS Veteran

So far so good with school. I've done a 5 paragraph essay for my English class(finished and submitted it yesterday in 2.5 hours and it's not due until tonight ), a reading assignment and practice test for Theater, and 3 section quizzes for math(which I aced! ). Let's see if I can keep up this pace all semester. If I can I should have no issues passing! *crosses fingers*

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: