Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-25-2012, 10:05 AM   #3226
bluedevilinaz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDiva View Post
sorry I was on a roll...you could do an ad on DISboards and everyone would see it! I like that better than a billboard.
Dunno that I could afford that even. I'm pretty well broke since I'm unemployed and have no income. Just surviving off the wifey's check's for the moment.

Well I'm headed back to Vegas tonight on Spirit airlines. I'm kinda worried about some of the reviews I've seen with them not having much leg room(I'm 6'2" after all). We'll see what happens I guess. I'm kinda happy to be heading home but it sucks that I have to fix the shower(only run cold) and a leaky shutoff valve on the bathroom sink. Gotta love older homes! *sigh*
Old 08-25-2012, 12:24 PM   #3227
Disney_Fanatic25
Mouseketeer

Hi everyone my name is Christina and I'm a 30 year old single mom who is addicted to all things Disney. I live about 2 hours away from WDW and have a AP the kids and I go a lot. I take some solo trips to. I just found this board. I usually am on the trip report board. Well I look forward to getting to know you all

Disney_Fanatic25 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-25-2012, 04:17 PM   #3228
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney_Fanatic25 View Post
Hi everyone my name is Christina and I'm a 30 year old single mom who is addicted to all things Disney. I live about 2 hours away from WDW and have a AP the kids and I go a lot. I take some solo trips to. I just found this board. I usually am on the trip report board. Well I look forward to getting to know you all
to the SSC Christina!! WE love it when new people join us, so pull up a chair, order up a drink from our resident bartender, and feel free to jump right into the randomness that is the SSC!

Hmmm... and since you have an AP and are 2 hours away, Think you'll be joining us for the meet in October?
DCTooTall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 06:59 PM   #3229
bluedevilinaz
DIS Veteran

Headed for the airport to go back to Vegas. See ya'll in a few hours!(barring any kind of mishap of course. XD)
Old 08-26-2012, 09:19 AM   #3230
Disney_Fanatic25
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTooTall

to the SSC Christina!! WE love it when new people join us, so pull up a chair, order up a drink from our resident bartender, and feel free to jump right into the randomness that is the SSC!

Hmmm... and since you have an AP and are 2 hours away, Think you'll be joining us for the meet in October?
I saw that there was a meetup and I would love to go. Is there someone I need to sign up with?

Old 08-26-2012, 06:20 PM   #3231
jillyb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICKEY88 View Post
I wanna tag you !!

When are you coming to Hershey to ride the Pirate again..
Well...that's a loaded question if I've ever seen one.

June 2008 @ Pop Century
Thanksgiving 2010 @ Pop Century

Will We Stay or Will We Go - Thanksgiving Pre Trip/Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2413919

It's Going to be a Capitol Vacation! Washington, D.C. August 13-18, 2009 Pre-Trip/Trip Report http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post32476006
jillyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 08:54 PM   #3232
MICKEY88
if you keep falling off of the planet...
It might be time for a one piece
100% Male Disney nut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillyb View Post
Well...that's a loaded question if I've ever seen one.

Pirate Rule #9: A pirate should always remove his hat in the presence of a bartender.
Pirate Rule #11: No pirate shall ever wear a “fanny pack”.
Pirate Rule # 17: Three-cornered hats, headbands and bandanas are the only acceptable headwear for pirates. Fedoras, bowler derbies, baseball caps, MICKEY EARS, top hats, sombreros, or anything with lace and flowers will be removed from the vessel– head included. A grace period of one minute is allowed for hats looted from a tailory.
MICKEY88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 09:08 PM   #3233
valree
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilinaz View Post
Dunno that I could afford that even. I'm pretty well broke since I'm unemployed and have no income. Just surviving off the wifey's check's for the moment.

Well I'm headed back to Vegas tonight on Spirit airlines. I'm kinda worried about some of the reviews I've seen with them not having much leg room(I'm 6'2" after all). We'll see what happens I guess. I'm kinda happy to be heading home but it sucks that I have to fix the shower(only run cold) and a leaky shutoff valve on the bathroom sink. Gotta love older homes! *sigh*
Have you unfolded yourself yet after your Spirit flight? I'm 5'4, and I had a problem with leg room on that airline!

Quote:
Welcome, Christina!!!
valree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 11:09 PM   #3234
DIS_MERI
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brocktoon View Post
I noticed that as well ... after looking over the menu I prefer the lunch options over any of the dinner choices
At least lunch costs less, lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTooTall View Post
I'm thinking you should do your trip as planned.... and then plan on squeezing another quicky down sometime early next year. (Maybe coinciding with the princess? ) That way you can do both the new FLE, as well as the refurbed TT that isn't due to open until after Thanksgiving...
I don't think funding any extra trips are going to be happening in the near future....I got this Saturday:

Which means I have largish expenses in my near future (like a wedding, and hopefully a very short honeymoon-sadly not Disney since my fiance doesn't have any vacation time until after the new year and we plan to marry in early December). He wants to go on a cruise sometime next year, so I suppose I could still end up at Disney then....

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachphotog View Post
Welcome to the group!

I would have chosen "interesting..." But, welcome all the same!
I am not sure interesting does much more than cover the very beginning of things lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTooTall View Post
I've been special for a LOOOOOONNNNGGGG Time....

...I have my own short bus to prove it.

Ohhhh, I think many of us here knew you were special before, DC

Quote:
I think I drank the last of my rum in my manic packing attempt last night...

Who had the bright idea to start packing 12 days before a move???

Oh right, this girl...
I packed in approximately 5 days last time I moved. I knew about it a month beforehand that I was moving, but I was house-sitting and then hanging out with my future step-daughter 100 miles away from my stuff for most of the time. I've been here a month and I've got a long way to go before I'm unpacked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDiva View Post
I feel your pain. I had to do the same thing in May. we had 3 bedrooms, living room, dining room, kitchen and the sunroom...and we had to move it all in 3 days without a moving company. I was the only one that could move anything heavy or load the truck.
just think when you're done packing you get to unpack it in a new place!!
I remember you talking about that, my future sister-in-law had a similar situation and I can't even imagine doing that. I have way too much stuff....
Old 08-27-2012, 12:50 AM   #3235
bluedevilinaz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by valree

Have you unfolded yourself yet after your Spirit flight? I'm 5'4, and I had a problem with leg room on that airline!

Haha yeah. Just before takeoff they moved me to an exit row for free which was NICE! Haha. Had a ton of leg room. The normal seats would've been brutal for 3 hours! If I ever take them again I will be upgrading to an exit row.
Old 08-27-2012, 05:21 AM   #3236
jillyb
DIS Veteran

Best Wished Missy!!! Your ring is gorgeous!

June 2008 @ Pop Century
Thanksgiving 2010 @ Pop Century

Will We Stay or Will We Go - Thanksgiving Pre Trip/Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2413919

It's Going to be a Capitol Vacation! Washington, D.C. August 13-18, 2009 Pre-Trip/Trip Report http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post32476006
jillyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 05:50 AM   #3237
beachphotog
Pass me a margarita

Congrats, girl!!!

Follow me on twitter: @beachphotog
And on Instagram: smk31
beachphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 06:17 AM   #3238
ctnurse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIS_MERI View Post
At least lunch costs less, lol

I don't think funding any extra trips are going to be happening in the near future....I got this Saturday:

Which means I have largish expenses in my near future (like a wedding, and hopefully a very short honeymoon-sadly not Disney since my fiance doesn't have any vacation time until after the new year and we plan to marry in early December). He wants to go on a cruise sometime next year, so I suppose I could still end up at Disney

Congrats! That is fantastic news! Were you surprised? How did he propose.? What are your plans? I am very happy for you.

I just returned from Disney last night and had a fantastic time. Was able to sneak in some adult time and explored EPCOT for places to enjoy adult beverages.

For now it is back to reality and work. School is starting this week and I haven't done anything to prepare.

I am getting ready for my long needed birthday week in a few weeks. I am getting away for a nice relaxing long weekend. I can't believe I soon will be 29.

I hope that anyone is in the path of the storm stays safe. Have a great Monday!

Last edited by ctnurse; 08-27-2012 at 07:48 AM.
ctnurse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 07:27 AM   #3239
Disney_Fanatic25
Mouseketeer

Woke up this morning to very little rain and even less wind LOL where is this tropical storm LOL looked on the news and my area pretty much got missed. I hope those that are getting hit will stay safe. Its off to school for me. My college is the only school open. Figures!

Old 08-27-2012, 07:59 AM   #3240
DIS_MERI
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillyb View Post
Best Wished Missy!!! Your ring is gorgeous!
Quote:
Congrats, girl!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctnurse View Post
Congrats! That is fantastic news! Were you surprised? How did he propose.? What are your plans? I am very happy for you.
Thank you, ladies

I was supposed to be surprised, lol, but I knew he bought the ring (just not exactly what it looked like) *and* as the big giveaway, my best friend was suddenly able to make the 2 hour trip to come visit me, when she hadn't been able to in the month since I moved up here. We had a get together with 5 couples, plus the hubby from another couple (the wife had their 3rd child Tuesday and couldn't make it, lol) and all the kids (a 7th couple was out celebrating their anniversary and stopped by later). We played charades, with the guy acting out and the girl guessing. Dennis, ignored his assigned charade, of course, and acted out "Will you marry me" and when I guessed correctly he said, "No, will you marry me."

We are looking at getting married the first weekend in December, and I'm shooting for as small a wedding as I can get away with, lol. He is a very social person, though, so paring down his side of the guest list could be difficult. There is a very small chance we might move it up to 10/11/12, but I am not sure we will be able to get everything set up quite that quick, so we will see

For those that haven't been around for ages, I used to dog PlentyOfFish and so, of course, that is how we met, lol. I posted on here before our first date that I didn't think I was going to go, because he seemed to be telling me what I wanted to hear...but then I decided to go ahead and meet him and here we are now

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctnurse View Post
I just returned from Disney last night and had a fantastic time. Was able to sneak in some adult time and explored EPCOT for places to enjoy adult beverages.

For now it is back to reality and work. School is starting this week and I haven't done anything to prepare.

I am getting ready for my long needed birthday week in a few weeks. I am getting away for a nice relaxing long weekend. I can't believe I will be 29 soon.
I hate coming back, but at least you have your birthday weekend to look forward to, and help with the post-Disney depression!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: