Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2012, 11:49 PM   #3091
valree
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the welcome!

Weekend plans? I've got a cookout tomorrow night and then shopping on Saturday! I'm only allowing myself to stay at the mall for a little bit. Well, that’s what I keep telling myself. I need to come home and finish cleaning. My life feels like one never-ending project!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneydaveCT View Post
Hi Valree...I'm sorry to hear you are having a bad week...but having lived in Fairfax, I know how tough life in NOVA can be at times.
Hi ex-neighbor! Yes, living here can be tough. Weekday traffic has been great with kids out of school, people on vacation, and Congress on recess. Weekend traffic is still the nightmare that it's always been.

I can taste the weekend! It's almost here!
Old 08-10-2012, 06:32 AM   #3092
1Grumpy9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So what you are saying is that they should be done by January. Got it.

(Need to factor in the obligatory road construction delays that always seem to happen.)
No...From what he is saying, October is when they should be done with it...but don't be surprised if it will be under constuction again in about 3 or 4 yrs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdisneydork View Post
Better that it be built right than built fast!

Us engineers get cranky when we contract things out and people skimp on the job to save time/money. It usually ends fairly badly.

So, tell him thanks for keeping them honest!
Thanks!!! I hate that he is working these weird hours as a retiree (he retired from the PA Dept of Trans and now works as a consultant)...Going in at 5am, coming home at 3pm, then going back in at 8pm and working until 3am. Certainly not your normal 66 yr olds daily routine!!!

We Can't Be Stuck on the Stairs Again TR

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-10-2012, 11:35 AM   #3093
charliebrown
If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?

how is everyones Friday going?
im still on summer break, but just cant wait for my trip.

and i got my first real salary job.

and I will be the youngest person to ever hold this job, and they are changing company policy just to hire me.

Old 08-10-2012, 12:11 PM   #3094
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolyndianPrincessJes View Post
Haven't had much DIS time lately, so I thought I'd pop in tonight since I leave for my semi-solo on Saturday morning!! I'm so excited! I thought I'd be a little nervous, but I'm really looking forward to it. One more day of work, and we're just taking to campers out to a pizza buffet and community pool. Not a bad last day of work. After that, home to pack then a good night's sleep before I head to the airport around 6:30a (which is late for me!). Can't wait!
Why must everyone rub my face in the fact I don't get to go back for another couple months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by valree View Post
Thanks for the welcome!

Weekend plans? I've got a cookout tomorrow night and then shopping on Saturday! I'm only allowing myself to stay at the mall for a little bit. Well, that’s what I keep telling myself. I need to come home and finish cleaning. My life feels like one never-ending project!
My Weekend plans are more of the same. Head to NJ to see my GF.... and beyond that, play it by ear.
Old 08-10-2012, 12:46 PM   #3095
MICKEY88
if you keep falling off of the planet...
It might be time for a one piece
100% Male Disney nut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTooTall View Post
Why must everyone rub my face in the fact I don't get to go back for another couple months.

My Weekend plans are more of the same. Head to NJ to see my GF.... and beyond that, play it by ear.
at least you get to go back in a couple months..

Pirate Rule #9: A pirate should always remove his hat in the presence of a bartender.
Pirate Rule #11: No pirate shall ever wear a “fanny pack”.
Pirate Rule # 17: Three-cornered hats, headbands and bandanas are the only acceptable headwear for pirates. Fedoras, bowler derbies, baseball caps, MICKEY EARS, top hats, sombreros, or anything with lace and flowers will be removed from the vessel– head included. A grace period of one minute is allowed for hats looted from a tailory.
Old 08-10-2012, 12:56 PM   #3096
DCTooTall

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICKEY88 View Post
at least you get to go back in a couple months..
But you get to spend a lot more time down there than i when you do go....
Old 08-10-2012, 01:01 PM   #3097
MICKEY88
100% Male Disney nut!

Quote:
But you get to spend a lot more time down there than i when you do go....
if and when I get to go, but that is because I've done the work, raised a kid to love disney, and worked somewhere long enough to build up vacation time

Pirate Rule #9: A pirate should always remove his hat in the presence of a bartender.
Pirate Rule # 17: Three-cornered hats, headbands and bandanas are the only acceptable headwear for pirates. Fedoras, bowler derbies, baseball caps, MICKEY EARS, top hats, sombreros, or anything with lace and flowers will be removed from the vessel– head included. A grace period of one minute is allowed for hats looted from a tailory.
Old 08-10-2012, 01:10 PM   #3098
DCTooTall

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICKEY88 View Post
if and when I get to go, but that is because I've done the work, raised a kid to love disney, and worked somewhere long enough to build up vacation time
I've got the vacation time.... just need to work on that kid thing.
Old 08-10-2012, 01:33 PM   #3099
MICKEY88
100% Male Disney nut!

Quote:
well, hopefully your GF likes disney..

Old 08-10-2012, 08:11 PM   #3100
PolyndianPrincessJes
Alias: TotalSnowWhite
I'm a Snapfish/Shutterfly/Winkflash addict
Yes, you totally can do that, and I do!!!

Quote:
Well, if it makes it any better, my kid's been there with his grandparents since Tuesday, so I've been jealous of a seven year old. I plan to meet up with him a few times and have him over to BC to hang out at SAB, but other than that, it's his time with them and my grown-up time.
Old 08-11-2012, 02:31 AM   #3101
nurse.darcy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yeah, but it depends on the age of the "kid". My son became excellent and making sure dismem98 and I were well looked after. Of course, he was a teenager already and loved hanging out as well as going on rides, but I never threw a guy into the mix back then.

Now that I think about it, maybe a 2 bedroom unit is in order for this vacation. . .lol.
8/2007 - ASMu, 5/2008 - Pop, 8/2008 - POR & BWI, 9/2008 - POFQ, 12/2008 - Offsite, 3/2009 POR, 5/2009 - Pop, 7/2009 AKL. 10/2009 AKV and SSR, 1/2010 Grand California Villas, 2/2010 BLT, 5/2010 BWV, 7/2010 Pop
Old 08-11-2012, 04:16 PM   #3102
jagfanjosh3252
#1 fan of the Jacksonville Jaguars

Has anyone ever rented points from DVC members before? I am thinking of doing this. I have a $600 budget for hotel for the meet. Staying October 13th-17th.
Old 08-11-2012, 04:39 PM   #3103
valree
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagfanjosh3252 View Post
Has anyone ever rented points from DVC members before? I am thinking of doing this. I have a $600 budget for hotel for the meet. Staying October 13th-17th.
I have! In fact, I'm trying to do it again for my November trip, but the pickins are slim right now in terms of availability. It took me a little while to find a good seller though. I've rented from my seller twice, and I will continue to use her until I get my own contract. I've paid between $9 and $12 per point. Where are you in the process?
Old 08-11-2012, 06:46 PM   #3104
jagfanjosh3252
#1 fan of the Jacksonville Jaguars

No where other than the thinking about it stage. Lol.
Old 08-11-2012, 09:06 PM   #3105
charliebrown
If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?

I went to the post office today.....and they were out of stamps..... and were rude about it..... Excuse me for asking for an item, which is something that you should have. Then, they gave me a wrong form for my passport, and they said that the form " hasn't been used in 5 years" THEN WHY DID YOU GIVE ONE TO ME? Then they said they could not have possibly given it to me. Yes, USPS, I keep 5 year old passport forms on me, just to mess with you.

They also took my ORIGINAL birth certificate, and they mail it to philly. um, what happens if it gets lost, or stolen? Oh, i forgot that not a single piece of mail has every been misplaced.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: