Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2012, 11:02 PM   #2941
jagfanjosh3252
#1 fan of the Jacksonville Jaguars

DC, if I go down there during the meet. I will be doing HHN. I really don't know when I'm going yet. Depends on how my car is. Gotta get a new one soon. I want to go down for EPCOTs 30th also. So it's a HUGE toss up right now.
Old 07-20-2012, 11:04 PM   #2942
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagfanjosh3252 View Post
DC, if I go down there during the meet. I will be doing HHN. I really don't know when I'm going yet. Depends on how my car is. Gotta get a new one soon. I want to go down for EPCOTs 30th also. So it's a HUGE toss up right now.
I really kinda wish I could pull off EPCOT's 30th.... if nothing more because This guy is going to be there...

http://horizonsresurrected.com/
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-21-2012, 05:23 AM   #2943
TheBigE
Change is inevitable, Growth is optional

Hiyall,

Back for a moment, have been lurking on the boards keeping up with the activities. It sounds if everyone summers has been very exciting. Mine has been busy, but I have enjoyed it all...and had some chances to play tourist a bit in Europe along with checking a few list in the process. The bucket list seems to get longer by the day.

Hope everyone has a great weekend at Hershey. Just to confirm, I am still planning on the WDW meet in October. I also hope to have a little Soiree on Friday night in my room, so keep that on the agenda.

Looking forward to October. I hope everyone has a great weekend.

E
Old 07-21-2012, 11:00 AM   #2944
MICKEY88
if you keep falling off of the planet...
It might be time for a one piece
100% Male Disney nut!

HersheyPark update: perfect weather,low crowds, minimal wait time for rides,
Shame more people didn't show, we are having a blast

PS
The Diva rode the Pyrate, and was screaming the whole time !!!

Last edited by MICKEY88; 07-22-2012 at 10:22 AM.
Old 07-21-2012, 11:48 PM   #2945
DCTooTall

FINALLY home from Hershey. Now I feel it. Good warmup for Disney though. I still have yet to figure out how someone builds an amusement park that manages to be Uphill both ways.

I'm guessing the will be updating the thread with quotes from today's outing later.

Also....Holy Crap! Skyrush was amazing. CoasterAddict... You gotta ride this sucker.
Old 07-22-2012, 09:30 AM   #2946
unbrelievable
Mouseketeer

Hope you guys don't mind somebody barely encroaching on "adulthood" at twenty and not technically single (but hey, I'm young, who knows what'll happen) joining in, but you all seem like a fun bunch and I'd love to get to know some more Disney fans and maybe even someday hit up the parks with some of you guys! :)
Old 07-23-2012, 10:58 AM   #2947
DCTooTall

Quote:
Originally Posted by unbrelievable View Post
Hope you guys don't mind somebody barely encroaching on "adulthood" at twenty and not technically single (but hey, I'm young, who knows what'll happen) joining in, but you all seem like a fun bunch and I'd love to get to know some more Disney fans and maybe even someday hit up the parks with some of you guys!
to the SSC! We always love it when new people come and join us. Plus.... We could probably use a DD in the group.

If you aren't married, Then you are Single and Qualify..... and if you are cool enough, if you happen to get married, you may continue to be included as an honorary member....sorta like our resident Bartender.

As for being too young.... NEVER! That would imply there was also a Too Old. As long as you are of legal age, you know, to protect us from being charged in contributing to the deliquency of a minor, I don't think any of us have a problem with you joining the group.

Sooooo... Pull up a chair, and feel free to join in the fun!
Old 07-23-2012, 12:39 PM   #2948
LaLalovesWDW
DIS Veteran

checking-in

Afternoon folks! just wanted to check in and say "haaaaaaaaaaay". I was glad to read that the meetup went well.. I thought of all of you each time I whipped out a nice little toy to show... lol. I actually did pretty well... $700 cash in my pocket and almost $2g in sales, so not so bad. I gotta make this money for our October shindig!! I can't wait!

Fun day trips - 1978 and 1986 * Offsite - 1990 * Offsite - 2002 * CBR - Christmas Week 2004 * CBR - December 2010* AKV - May 2011* WDW Dolphin Dec 2011* *CBR~Aug 2012* *CBR~Aug 2013*SSR ~ Dec 2013* *SSR ~ April/May 2014*

Just Me ,DD , and DK
Old 07-23-2012, 12:49 PM   #2949
DCTooTall

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLalovesWDW View Post
Afternoon folks! just wanted to check in and say "haaaaaaaaaaay". I was glad to read that the meetup went well.. I thought of all of you each time I whipped out a nice little toy to show... lol. I actually did pretty well... $700 cash in my pocket and almost $2g in sales, so not so bad. I gotta make this money for our October shindig!! I can't wait!
Not sure what to think about your thinking about us when you whipped out a toy.....
Old 07-23-2012, 12:54 PM   #2950
MICKEY88
100% Male Disney nut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTooTall View Post
Not sure what to think about your thinking about us when you whipped out a toy.....
considering a lot of our conversations Saturday, it all makes sense

Pirate Rule #9: A pirate should always remove his hat in the presence of a bartender.
Pirate Rule #11: No pirate shall ever wear a “fanny pack”.
Pirate Rule # 17: Three-cornered hats, headbands and bandanas are the only acceptable headwear for pirates. Fedoras, bowler derbies, baseball caps, MICKEY EARS, top hats, sombreros, or anything with lace and flowers will be removed from the vessel– head included. A grace period of one minute is allowed for hats looted from a tailory.
Old 07-23-2012, 01:06 PM   #2951
1Grumpy9
DIS Veteran

I am sorry I couldn't make it to the Hershey meet (originally was to go, but "lifes" responsiblities got in the way). It sounds like you had a great time. I know when I rode Skyrush on July 1, I was scared (and I LOVE coasters).

I have to agree with ya that I can't believe how much of a hill that park has!!!!!!!!

We Can't Be Stuck on the Stairs Again TR
Old 07-23-2012, 01:29 PM   #2952
MICKEY88
100% Male Disney nut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Grumpy9 View Post
I am sorry I couldn't make it to the Hershey meet (originally was to go, but "lifes" responsiblities got in the way). It sounds like you had a great time. I know when I rode Skyrush on July 1, I was scared (and I LOVE coasters).

I have to agree with ya that I can't believe how much of a hill that park has!!!!!!!!
you missed a lot of fun, there were some awesome quotes from Saturday..

Pirate Rule #9: A pirate should always remove his hat in the presence of a bartender.
Pirate Rule #11: No pirate shall ever wear a “fanny pack”.
Pirate Rule # 17: Three-cornered hats, headbands and bandanas are the only acceptable headwear for pirates. Fedoras, bowler derbies, baseball caps, MICKEY EARS, top hats, sombreros, or anything with lace and flowers will be removed from the vessel– head included. A grace period of one minute is allowed for hats looted from a tailory.
Old 07-23-2012, 04:35 PM   #2953
DCTooTall

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICKEY88 View Post
you missed a lot of fun, there were some awesome quotes from Saturday..
Still waiting on the "Best of" quote post.....

"Thank you for Riding the Pirate!"
Old 07-23-2012, 08:50 PM   #2954
beachphotog
Pass me a margarita

I'm bummed that I had to miss out, too! Budgeting has not been my friend and it, unfortunately, came down to cost...

Follow me on twitter: @beachphotog
And on Instagram: smk31
Old 07-23-2012, 10:05 PM   #2955
taramoz
DIS Veteran

Hello all, I feel like I have been MIA, but it's not intentional, I think it's summer. I went to Dallas his weekend and visited Six Flags, wish I could have swung the Hershey meet, but Dallas is closer and my sister lives there. It was fun visiting, I don't think I've been to a park besides Disney in years. DD8 and I agree, Disney is the way to go (but we did love the thrill rides, top coaster was the Texas Giant for us both, followed by Superman. If my kid weren't so skinny the Titan may have been up there in ranking, but the restraints wouldn't hold her in so we bailed - SCARY mommy moment asking to be let off a ride after it was locked).

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: