Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2012, 10:39 PM   #2926
superdisneydork
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTooTall View Post
to the group. As the thread title says, we are just a bunch of social singles.....plus a few ex-singles.
Hey there! Sorry for the delay, it's been crazy.

So, I know there's a big get together coming up in October, but my first solo trip is going to be this September. I'm really looking forward to the trip, but I certainly wouldn't turn down a get together with other single social people, especially in their mid-20s like me. Anybody know of anything going on in that regard?

Also, I saw there is a thread for people sharing Illuminations cruises, is there a get together of singles on Illuminations cruises? If not, maybe I will try organizing one...
Old 07-19-2012, 12:27 AM   #2927
PolyndianPrincessJes
Alias: TotalSnowWhite
I'm a Snapfish/Shutterfly/Winkflash addict
Yes, you totally can do that, and I do!!!

I booked hotels for a partial solo trip in August! So excited!! I have friends coming for part of the trip, and I'll be meeting up with some local friends, but I'm really excited to have complete freedom in what I want to do! It will be weird coming back to a hotel room by myself (once my friends have gone home) and not tripping over toys and dirty clothes.

DS will actually also be at WDW with his other grandparents, and he will probably come hang out at SAB with me a couple times, but other than that, I have no responsibilities. I'm coming in, heading over to SoG to get an AP voucher (nerdy excited about getting an AP!!), and I'll be ready for a week of me! I'm thinking I'll finally be paying a visit to the spas that WDW has to offer.

So, if anyone is around August 11-18, I'll be there and up for whatever. Definitely feels weird to say that. I'm such a planner.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-19-2012, 06:45 AM   #2928
DisneydaveCT
DIS Veteran

I will be in town for business the same time you are at WDW and I will be spending my evenings on property. Maybe we will run into each other that week. Enjoy your solo trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolyndianPrincessJes View Post
I booked hotels for a partial solo trip in August! So excited!! I have friends coming for part of the trip, and I'll be meeting up with some local friends, but I'm really excited to have complete freedom in what I want to do! It will be weird coming back to a hotel room by myself (once my friends have gone home) and not tripping over toys and dirty clothes.

DS will actually also be at WDW with his other grandparents, and he will probably come hang out at SAB with me a couple times, but other than that, I have no responsibilities. I'm coming in, heading over to SoG to get an AP voucher (nerdy excited about getting an AP!!), and I'll be ready for a week of me! I'm thinking I'll finally be paying a visit to the spas that WDW has to offer.

So, if anyone is around August 11-18, I'll be there and up for whatever. Definitely feels weird to say that. I'm such a planner.
A Very Memorable Magical Moment: Scoring a Hole-in-One at Disney's LBV #7, 9/25/06

FUTURE TRIPS: November 18-25 at OKW & SSR. .
PREVIOUS TRIPS: 25+ trips to WDW since 1972 with stays at Animal Kingdom Lodge, Boardwalk, Carribean Beach, Contemporary; Dixie Landings, Grand Floridian, Old Key West, Polynesian, Port Orleans, Saratoga Springs Resort, & Villas at Wilderness Lodge.
Old 07-19-2012, 10:35 AM   #2929
NJDiva
NJDiva Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICKEY88 View Post
hershey would be fine, otherwise, I was thinking capitol tour, then dockside willies for dinner and you can join us there for drinks, not as crazy as downtown harrisburg, depending on weather deck overlooking river is kinda cool, since I don't really drink much when out, I can be DD for the Diva
ok, so here's the million dollar question...actually it's not, it just sounded good.
what happens if it rains?? I know that we are all happy that the temperature has dropped, but it's supposed to rain Friday and Saturday. do we have a plan B for the park? oh and you know there will be a stop into Chocolate World....

Old 07-19-2012, 11:57 AM   #2930
MICKEY88
if you keep falling off of the planet...
It might be time for a one piece
100% Male Disney nut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDiva View Post
ok, so here's the million dollar question...actually it's not, it just sounded good.
what happens if it rains?? I know that we are all happy that the temperature has dropped, but it's supposed to rain Friday and Saturday. do we have a plan B for the park? oh and you know there will be a stop into Chocolate World....
only 30% chance for saturday, if it rains, we'll just party in your room,
The Diva, The Prince, & The Pyrate, now that would be epic, the story would live on forever..

Pirate Rule #9: A pirate should always remove his hat in the presence of a bartender.
Pirate Rule #11: No pirate shall ever wear a “fanny pack”.
Pirate Rule # 17: Three-cornered hats, headbands and bandanas are the only acceptable headwear for pirates. Fedoras, bowler derbies, baseball caps, MICKEY EARS, top hats, sombreros, or anything with lace and flowers will be removed from the vessel– head included. A grace period of one minute is allowed for hats looted from a tailory.
Old 07-19-2012, 12:56 PM   #2931
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdisneydork View Post
Hey there! Sorry for the delay, it's been crazy.

So, I know there's a big get together coming up in October, but my first solo trip is going to be this September. I'm really looking forward to the trip, but I certainly wouldn't turn down a get together with other single social people, especially in their mid-20s like me. Anybody know of anything going on in that regard?

Also, I saw there is a thread for people sharing Illuminations cruises, is there a get together of singles on Illuminations cruises? If not, maybe I will try organizing one...
I'm not aware of anything going on in September, or who else will be down there around that time, but it never hurts to ask. It might be worth posting a new thread in the Adults and Solo forum to see if anyone else will be in the area around the same time who wants to get together. I've actually met a few people there in the past from similar threads and just randomly met up and hung out with people who happened to be down there the same time as I was.

As for the Illuminations Cruises.... I did a fireworks cruise a couple years ago and managed to find someone else to share it with me and my friends. The problem with sharing a fireworks cruise is the intial cost you must pay, and then finding enough other people who want to go the same night as you who would be willing to share. If you limit yourself to other singles, it makes it more difficult since you are are effectively making the potential pool of people to join you a lot smaller. For my trip a few years ago, I was planning on me and a friend going, and then from my general "Anybody want to share" post got another couple who said they'd go, followed by another Single DISer' who wanted to bring their mom with them.

Out of those 2 other groups, one never showed, and since I had already told everyone the cost based off the split with all that had said they'd be there, I couldn't asked the other person w/ their mom to pay more so i ended up eating a much larger portion of the cost than I was originally planning. It was a blast though.

i guess my whole point with all this is that because of the cost, logistics, and limited availability of the cruise, It'd probably be easier/better to have another meet/gettogether planned with the cruise as an add-on to it, Than to try and plan the cruise and get people to join in. make sense?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDiva View Post
When I checked yesterday, it didn't look like rain was really expected on Saturday. If it does show up, it likely won't be crazy rain, so I'm sure we could find enough fun things to do out of the rain between indoor shows, Chocolate World, etc. Personally, I'm not afraid of getting a little wet either if it comes to that. Are you

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICKEY88 View Post
only 30% chance for saturday, if it rains, we'll just party in your room,
The Diva, The Prince, & The Pyrate, now that would be epic, the story would live on forever..

Oh god help us all!
Old 07-19-2012, 04:22 PM   #2932
MICKEY88
if you keep falling off of the planet...
It might be time for a one piece
100% Male Disney nut!

Quote:

Oh god help us all!

Pirate Rule #9: A pirate should always remove his hat in the presence of a bartender.
Pirate Rule #11: No pirate shall ever wear a “fanny pack”.
Pirate Rule # 17: Three-cornered hats, headbands and bandanas are the only acceptable headwear for pirates. Fedoras, bowler derbies, baseball caps, MICKEY EARS, top hats, sombreros, or anything with lace and flowers will be removed from the vessel– head included. A grace period of one minute is allowed for hats looted from a tailory.
Old 07-19-2012, 06:02 PM   #2933
PolyndianPrincessJes
Alias: TotalSnowWhite
I'm a Snapfish/Shutterfly/Winkflash addict
Yes, you totally can do that, and I do!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneydaveCT View Post
I will be in town for business the same time you are at WDW and I will be spending my evenings on property. Maybe we will run into each other that week. Enjoy your solo trip.
I'd tell you where I'll be, but I have no idea! And I'm getting to be ok with that. I'll be taking my laptop and checking the DIS periodically, though. I'm the tallest girl in my signature pics. If you happen to spot me, don't hesitate to say hey!
Old 07-20-2012, 02:29 PM   #2934
DCTooTall

Sooooo Looking forward to tomorrow!

Weather is looking like it should be nice (maybe a little rain, but that won't hurt anyone), and it's finally cooled down.

Hershey is going to be a blast!

Look forward to seeing everyone there!
Old 07-20-2012, 05:15 PM   #2935
DCTooTall

HAHA!

http://screen.yahoo.com/theme-park-o...-30033747.html

Poor Mr. Toad....
Old 07-20-2012, 05:26 PM   #2936
goldstar97
Earning My Ears

LOL...those were some funny ride names!!!
Old 07-20-2012, 05:30 PM   #2937
DCTooTall

I'm just wondering when I'll get to enjoy some of those promotions around here....

....then again..... Considering some of the outfits I've seen at some themeparks (not just Disney).... maybe it's a good thing we aren't seeing those promos around here.

Old 07-20-2012, 05:33 PM   #2938
goldstar97
Earning My Ears

Quote:
to the group! We always love having new people join in the fun here, so go ahead, grab a stool, and order up a drink.

I know we were planning on doing a DLR regional meet, but the person who was going to organize it ended up having to leave the area due to his job situation.... so nothing is currently planned. I think we have a couple west-coast'ers around here though, so I'm sure something could be put together if someone wants to take the lead in getting it planned.
Thank you and I'm happy to meet you and everyone else on this forum. Sounds like a real nice crowd. I look forward to hanging out at DLR with anyone who is wanting to go...
Old 07-20-2012, 07:50 PM   #2939
DCTooTall

Getting ready to head out of work to meet the Diva and Pirate for drinks before tomorrow's Hershey meet.

If anyone is local (or semi-local) and wants to join us, feel free. We should be there around 9pm until whenever.

Gilligans Bar and Grill
987 Eisenhower Blvd.
Harrisburg, PA 17111
Tel: 717-939-9575

I'm a tall guy and am wearing Jeans and a Halloween Horror Nights T-shirt from last year (Black shirt, Red writing on the front "The house Always Wins" w/ 'cards' for each of last year's houses on the back).

Also, if you'd like to come to the meet at Hershey Park tomorrow and you didn't get a PM from me with the details and my cell, feel free to post. I'll be checking this thread and my PM's tonight and tomorrow morning before heading out and will be happy to give you my information so you can meet up with us. (I'm thinking I'm going to wear my WDW 40'th shirt tomorrow at Hershey).

OH! Speaking of Halloween Horror Nights, If anybody wants to go to this year's event during the October Meet, Let me know. I'm planning on going both Sunday Oct 7th and Thursday October 11th. HHN is definately worth checking out if you enjoy Haunted attractions. (Both Silent Hill and Walking Dead have been announced already as 2 of the houses)
Old 07-20-2012, 09:46 PM   #2940
valree
Mouseketeer

Have fun tomorrow, Hershey People! Thought I could swing it, but I won't be able to. Have a great time!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: