Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2012, 10:16 AM   #2896
MICKEY88
if you keep falling off of the planet...
It might be time for a one piece
100% Male Disney nut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurse.darcy View Post
Hello my friends. Posting to you all from high in the friendly skies. On my way to San Antonio to see my son. Hope everyone has a great weekend.
have a safe trip

Pirate Rule #9: A pirate should always remove his hat in the presence of a bartender.
Pirate Rule #11: No pirate shall ever wear a “fanny pack”.
Pirate Rule # 17: Three-cornered hats, headbands and bandanas are the only acceptable headwear for pirates. Fedoras, bowler derbies, baseball caps, MICKEY EARS, top hats, sombreros, or anything with lace and flowers will be removed from the vessel– head included. A grace period of one minute is allowed for hats looted from a tailory.
Old 07-13-2012, 12:42 PM   #2897
LaLalovesWDW
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTooTall View Post
back! Glad to hear you are surviving. I think we can let you slide on not doing Hershey since you'll be...um....preoccupied.

As for the Party.... I'm up for it. I don't see why we couldn't do one while down there. As for the Just Ladies or "Jack and Jill" style.... Obviously the only way I could join in would be the "Jack and Jill" style.... but I think I'll let the rest of the group decide. Some Ladies/attendees may not feel real comfortable with our presence.... and I'm also not sure if any other guys would be interested in attending (In which case being the only guy could be hazardous to my health. )

Tara.... You're the official planner. Thoughts?
hehehe... yes, it will be a bit odd with just one XY there unless you will enjoy seeing the "boys" also... otherwise, we can just a little ladies thing if everyone says yes. Either way is fine, just want to know if I should bring my goodies or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenecaWolf View Post
I'm gonna be there the last week of August

Woohoo... maybe we can meet up! I will have DD with me so if your children are with you maybe we can share a ride or two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICKEY88 View Post
it is your obligated duty to represent the PA Men

hahahaha!!! I don't want him to blush..however, we could have a really fun game with trying to pry him out of the body tape

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctnurse View Post
Hi guys! I just returned from Europe last night. Had a fantastic time, managed to squeeze in the historic sites while going from one outdoor cafe to another, trying the local beer and wine. I am also in love with the food, had some of the best meals in my life. The food is so fresh, we were able to take a cooking class with a French chef. It truly was an amazing trip, one of the best weeks of my life. I can't wait to go back.

It's nice to see that the thread has been a bit busy! What does everyone have planned for the weekend. I have an important date with an 8 year old. As nice as FaceTime is, it doesn't replace being in the same spot. DS and I have something planned for tomorrow night. I hope everyone is staying cool!
Hey hon...wow that sounds like a fabulous trip! This is my only weekend off for the month and DD is with her Dad, so I will be getting myself into as much trouble as I can in these next two days...

Fun day trips - 1978 and 1986 * Offsite - 1990 * Offsite - 2002 * CBR - Christmas Week 2004 * CBR - December 2010* AKV - May 2011* WDW Dolphin Dec 2011* *CBR~Aug 2012* *CBR~Aug 2013*SSR ~ Dec 2013* *SSR ~ April/May 2014*

Just Me ,DD , and DK
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-13-2012, 12:49 PM   #2898
1Grumpy9
DIS Veteran

Can't wait for the weekend to start here in another hour and a half!!! I am then off to Baltimore for the Orioles game tonight. Tomorrow it is off to Branchburg NJ for a hockey jersey sale (I am addicted...LOL) and then Sunday it is back to Baltimore for the afternoon game against the Tigers...Super excited because I get to do this all with my DBFF!!! (she is actually dragging me to the baseball games...LOL)

We Can't Be Stuck on the Stairs Again TR

Old 07-13-2012, 01:09 PM   #2899
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Grumpy9 View Post
Can't wait for the weekend to start here in another hour and a half!!! I am then off to Baltimore for the Orioles game tonight. Tomorrow it is off to Branchburg NJ for a hockey jersey sale (I am addicted...LOL) and then Sunday it is back to Baltimore for the afternoon game against the Tigers...Super excited because I get to do this all with my DBFF!!! (she is actually dragging me to the baseball games...LOL)
Have fun at the games...I am going to the Brewers game on Sunday.
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 07-13-2012, 02:51 PM   #2900
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldstar97 View Post
Hello all . I'm a first-timer on this thread. Any meet ups in SoCal or at DLR?
to the group! We always love having new people join in the fun here, so go ahead, grab a stool, and order up a drink.

I know we were planning on doing a DLR regional meet, but the person who was going to organize it ended up having to leave the area due to his job situation.... so nothing is currently planned. I think we have a couple west-coast'ers around here though, so I'm sure something could be put together if someone wants to take the lead in getting it planned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctnurse View Post
Fair, I have had drinks at most of the countries in WS. I can't wait to try it again in August and then for the SSC meet in October.
Just to give you fair warning.... Attempting to Drink Around the World during Food and Wine is DANGEROUS!

(And even more expensive than normal)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurse.darcy View Post
Hello my friends. Posting to you all from high in the friendly skies. On my way to San Antonio to see my son. Hope everyone has a great weekend.
"If You had Wings! If You had Wings....."

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLalovesWDW View Post
hehehe... yes, it will be a bit odd with just one XY there unless you will enjoy seeing the "boys" also... otherwise, we can just a little ladies thing if everyone says yes. Either way is fine, just want to know if I should bring my goodies or not.
Sooooo....

Ladies? Should Lala bring the goodies for a fun little party during the meet?

And any Gents interested in going as well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLalovesWDW View Post

hahahaha!!! I don't want him to blush..however, we could have a really fun game with trying to pry him out of the body tape

That sounds like it could be fun.....

Old 07-13-2012, 05:20 PM   #2901
nurse.darcy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
have a safe trip
So far having a blast. Thankfully Ai don't have to navigate San Antonio. Thank you
8/2007 - ASMu, 5/2008 - Pop, 8/2008 - POR & BWI, 9/2008 - POFQ, 12/2008 - Offsite, 3/2009 POR, 5/2009 - Pop, 7/2009 AKL. 10/2009 AKV and SSR, 1/2010 Grand California Villas, 2/2010 BLT, 5/2010 BWV, 7/2010 Pop
Old 07-13-2012, 09:21 PM   #2902
SimbaChris
Earning My Ears

New:)

Long time lurker bit the bullet and just wanted to say Hi.

Just returned from the world yesterday and kinda bummed but October will be here soon.

So, with that said. Good to meet you all.
Old 07-13-2012, 09:29 PM   #2903
MICKEY88
100% Male Disney nut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTooTall View Post
And any Gents interested in going as well?

That sounds like it could be fun.....

I'd love to go, but I will be in PA,,, oh never mind yu said gents..

Pirate Rule #9: A pirate should always remove his hat in the presence of a bartender.
Pirate Rule # 17: Three-cornered hats, headbands and bandanas are the only acceptable headwear for pirates. Fedoras, bowler derbies, baseball caps, MICKEY EARS, top hats, sombreros, or anything with lace and flowers will be removed from the vessel– head included. A grace period of one minute is allowed for hats looted from a tailory.
Old 07-13-2012, 09:47 PM   #2904
SenecaWolf
I let my mind wander and it didn't come back!

Hope everyone has a safe and fun filled weekend, I am off to start my b-day week celebration.

The liver is evil and it must be punished!!

CBR - 4/18/12-4/24/12 - First Family Trip/ DD's Sweet 16POP - 8/25/12-8/30/12 - Mother/Son TripCBR - 8/24/13-9/1/13 - 2nd Family Trip
Old 07-14-2012, 07:04 PM   #2905
DefLepard
<3 Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenecaWolf View Post
The liver is evil and it must be punished!!
Happy B-Day "week"
Old 07-14-2012, 11:05 PM   #2906
katt789
DIS Veteran

Hi friends!! I figured I would drop in here and say hello and that Id love to be involved with any meets for singles! Seems like a fun time!

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

Old 07-14-2012, 11:42 PM   #2907
MICKEY88
100% Male Disney nut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katt789 View Post
Hi friends!! I figured I would drop in here and say hello and that Id love to be involved with any meets for singles! Seems like a fun time!
welcome, you will find this is a friendly crazy group...
meets that are planned at this point in time are listed on the first post of this thread

Old 07-16-2012, 01:06 PM   #2908
DCTooTall

Only a couple more days until the Hershey Meet! This should be interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimbaChris View Post
Long time lurker bit the bullet and just wanted to say Hi.

Just returned from the world yesterday and kinda bummed but October will be here soon.

So, with that said. Good to meet you all.
to the SSC! It's always fun getting new people to join us, so feel free to grab yourself a drink and jump into the conversations!

Quote:
I'd love to go, but I will be in PA,,, oh never mind yu said gents..

Quote:
Originally Posted by katt789 View Post

to the group! We currently have a meet planned for this Saturday at Hershey Park in Hershey, PA.... and then the big meet at WDW around Oct 13th. If you think you'll be interesting in joining either one, just let us know and we'll make sure you have the latest info.

In the meantime, pull up a chair, pour yourself a drink, and make yourself at home.
Old 07-16-2012, 01:47 PM   #2909
valree
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIS_MERI View Post
Just checking in to say that it finally rained in Indiana today, which was very welcome! It cooled things off enough for me to get out for a run tonight, for the first time in a *very* long time. It got me thinking, my November trip just happens to coincide with the Wine and Dine Half....I might have to seriously consider doing that. Right now the race is 82% full and I am a long way from 13.1 miles, but it is an intriguing idea, especially since I wasn't able to do the Princess back in February like I had wanted to....My kids will be there, but since it is a night race I can leave my oldest in charge with some food and electronic baby-sitters in the room with no worries....Any thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachphotog View Post
Also, it sounds like we'll be there at the same time. I'm there 11/9-11/13, what are your dates?
I'm planning on being there that same weekend with a group, but I'm considering a 1-2 solo days at the beginning of the trip before everyone gets there. I'd love to meet other people that are there!
Old 07-16-2012, 01:59 PM   #2910
DCTooTall

BTW,

did we ever decide if we are doing Drinks Friday night before Saturday's Hershey meet?
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: