Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2012, 05:04 PM   #2881
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddee View Post
Im sorry.. Hershey

But if someone want to treat me to WDW in OCT Im all for it too!
I can even offer luggage carrying and possibly pillow fluffing services.
Foot massages for the fairer sex are extra!
LOL... I'll add you to the list and shoot you the message I sent to everyone with info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctnurse View Post
Hi guys! I just returned from Europe last night. Had a fantastic time, managed to squeeze in the historic sites while going from one outdoor cafe to another, trying the local beer and wine. I am also in love with the food, had some of the best meals in my life. The food is so fresh, we were able to take a cooking class with a French chef. It truly was an amazing trip, one of the best weeks of my life. I can't wait to go back.

It's nice to see that the thread has been a bit busy! What does everyone have planned for the weekend. I have an important date with an 8 year old. As nice as FaceTime is, it doesn't replace being in the same spot. DS and I have something planned for tomorrow night. I hope everyone is staying cool!
But....

Did you Drink around the world?
Old 07-12-2012, 05:15 PM   #2882
ctnurse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTooTall View Post
LOL... I'll add you to the list and shoot you the message I sent to everyone with info.

But....

Did you Drink around the world?
Not quite, I did manage to enjoy drinks in two countries, but I was thinking that I should get a world map and put flags on the countries that I have enjoyed an adult beverage. I had a Blue Moon at the Olive Garden, does that count as Italy?

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-12-2012, 05:30 PM   #2883
DCTooTall

Quote:
Not quite, I did manage to enjoy drinks in two countries, but I was thinking that I should get a world map and put flags on the countries that I have enjoyed an adult beverage. I had a Blue Moon at the Olive Garden, does that count as Italy?
Think you'd have better luck saying you had a drink at the Italy Pavilion at Disney. At least it's more authentic.
Old 07-12-2012, 07:20 PM   #2884
ortholablady
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi guys! I just returned from Europe last night. Had a fantastic time, managed to squeeze in the historic sites while going from one outdoor cafe to another, trying the local beer and wine. I am also in love with the food, had some of the best meals in my life. The food is so fresh, we were able to take a cooking class with a French chef. It truly was an amazing trip, one of the best weeks of my life. I can't wait to go back.

It's nice to see that the thread has been a bit busy! What does everyone have planned for the weekend. I have an important date with an 8 year old. As nice as FaceTime is, it doesn't replace being in the same spot. DS and I have something planned for tomorrow night. I hope everyone is staying cool!
Sounds like a great time! I really do need to get a passport and get out of the country one of these days.

Tomorrow night taking an ex coworker out with another friend from work for Mexican for her Birthday. The rest of the weekend lots of walking in the morning and then relaxing in the pool.
Have a great time with your son. My DS 19 was home for 2 months and is now back in Boston to work for 6 months before back to classes in Jan. It's very quiet around here! I may take a trip to Boston in the fall to visit. Thankfully it's only a 3 hour drive.
Where in CT are you? I'm under a half hour to Danbury.
Old 07-12-2012, 09:12 PM   #2885
flick
Some girls are just born with pixie dust in their veins!

Quote:
For which meet? Hershey Park? or the big October Meet at WDW?
Hi,

I am new to this board. When is the big meet at WDW? I am newly single and would love to meet up with everyone. I am a CM for the cruise line and I live 15 minutes from the parks.
Old 07-12-2012, 09:16 PM   #2886
MICKEY88
if you keep falling off of the planet...
It might be time for a one piece
100% Male Disney nut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flick View Post
Hi,

I am new to this board. When is the big meet at WDW? I am newly single and would love to meet up with everyone. I am a CM for the cruise line and I live 15 minutes from the parks.
welcome, pull up a chair and pour yourself a drink, the info on the WDW meet is on the first post of this thread

Pirate Rule #9: A pirate should always remove his hat in the presence of a bartender.
Pirate Rule #11: No pirate shall ever wear a “fanny pack”.
Pirate Rule # 17: Three-cornered hats, headbands and bandanas are the only acceptable headwear for pirates. Fedoras, bowler derbies, baseball caps, MICKEY EARS, top hats, sombreros, or anything with lace and flowers will be removed from the vessel– head included. A grace period of one minute is allowed for hats looted from a tailory.
Old 07-12-2012, 09:54 PM   #2887
DCTooTall

Quote:
Originally Posted by flick View Post
Hi,

As the resident mentioned, the details (as they stand) are currently on the first post. I try to keep it updated as we have more information available.

Also... to the SSC! Pull up a chair, pour yourself a drink, and feel free to join in all the fun around here! Don't be shy, we love meeting new people here.
Old 07-12-2012, 10:00 PM   #2888
beachphotog
Pass me a margarita

My weekend got started tonight! Pre-birthday beer and wings with my gym friends, treating myself to a pedicure tomorrow, and making everyone I come in contact with sing Happy Birthday to me. but no I hate them...

Follow me on twitter: @beachphotog
And on Instagram: smk31
Old 07-12-2012, 10:05 PM   #2889
SenecaWolf
I let my mind wander and it didn't come back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachphotog View Post
My weekend got started tonight! Pre-birthday beer and wings with my gym friends, treating myself to a pedicure tomorrow, and making everyone I come in contact with sing Happy Birthday to me. but no I hate them...
Happy Birthday!

My birthday is next Thursday but I'm gonna start celebrating tomorrow .

CBR - 4/18/12-4/24/12 - First Family Trip/ DD's Sweet 16POP - 8/25/12-8/30/12 - Mother/Son TripCBR - 8/24/13-9/1/13 - 2nd Family Trip
Old 07-12-2012, 10:09 PM   #2890
beachphotog
Pass me a margarita

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenecaWolf View Post
Happy Birthday!

Thanks! ok, so it's not actually till Sunday, but I can pre game for 3 days, right?

Happy early birthday! I love spreading out the celebrations!

Follow me on twitter: @beachphotog
And on Instagram: smk31
Old 07-12-2012, 10:11 PM   #2891
SenecaWolf
I let my mind wander and it didn't come back!

Pre-game, post-game, its all good!

CBR - 4/18/12-4/24/12 - First Family Trip/ DD's Sweet 16POP - 8/25/12-8/30/12 - Mother/Son TripCBR - 8/24/13-9/1/13 - 2nd Family Trip
Old 07-12-2012, 11:37 PM   #2892
goldstar97
Earning My Ears

Hello all . I'm a first-timer on this thread. Any meet ups in SoCal or at DLR?
Old 07-13-2012, 06:06 AM   #2893
ctnurse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Think you'd have better luck saying you had a drink at the Italy Pavilion at Disney. At least it's more authentic.
Fair, I have had drinks at most of the countries in WS. I can't wait to try it again in August and then for the SSC meet in October.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ortholablady View Post
Sounds like a great time! I really do need to get a passport and get out of the country one of these days.

Tomorrow night taking an ex coworker out with another friend from work for Mexican for her Birthday. The rest of the weekend lots of walking in the morning and then relaxing in the pool.
Have a great time with your son. My DS 19 was home for 2 months and is now back in Boston to work for 6 months before back to classes in Jan. It's very quiet around here! I may take a trip to Boston in the fall to visit. Thankfully it's only a 3 hour drive.
Where in CT are you? I'm under a half hour to Danbury.
It's important to have a passport, since you never know when you could get an invite to leave the country and have an experience of a lifetime.

Have fun tonight, Mexican always is yummy. The rest of your weekend sounds fun too, we might hit the beach tomorrow.

Danbury is about 1 and 1/2 hr from me, I am at the other end of the state, much closer to Rhode Island than New York.

Quote:
Happy Birthday! Have a great birthday weekend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenecaWolf View Post
Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday! I find nothing wrong with starting the celebrating a bit early! I always celebrate for an entire week when it is my birthday!

I actually was able to crash and join a surprise birthday when I was in Europe! It was a lot of fun, the only problem was I didn't bring a gift.

Happy Friday everyone!

Old 07-13-2012, 06:16 AM   #2894
nurse.darcy
DIS Veteran

Hello my friends. Posting to you all from high in the friendly skies. On my way to San Antonio to see my son. Hope everyone has a great weekend.
8/2007 - ASMu, 5/2008 - Pop, 8/2008 - POR & BWI, 9/2008 - POFQ, 12/2008 - Offsite, 3/2009 POR, 5/2009 - Pop, 7/2009 AKL. 10/2009 AKV and SSR, 1/2010 Grand California Villas, 2/2010 BLT, 5/2010 BWV, 7/2010 Pop
Old 07-13-2012, 06:27 AM   #2895
ortholablady
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Happy Birthday! Enjoy your your long birthday weekend! My birthday falls on a Thursday this year. I may have to start celebrating Thursday and continue till Sunday.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: