Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2012, 07:08 PM   #2866
nurse.darcy
DIS Veteran

Hey everyone, just thought I would post an update. So good to see oldtimers coming back and newbies coming on board. Welcome to all (sorry DC, I know I have been lack in my welcoming duties). I will be at the October meet. A few of you I am meeting during August. Life is great. I have the most awesome life here in Clearwater, FL. I have great friends in the Orlando Area and I am just happy. Its awesome.

Enjoy hanging out here even if you can't make the meets. The regulars are really great people. I have met many of them and can only say, love you all and welcome newbies.
8/2007 - ASMu, 5/2008 - Pop, 8/2008 - POR & BWI, 9/2008 - POFQ, 12/2008 - Offsite, 3/2009 POR, 5/2009 - Pop, 7/2009 AKL. 10/2009 AKV and SSR, 1/2010 Grand California Villas, 2/2010 BLT, 5/2010 BWV, 7/2010 Pop
Old 07-11-2012, 07:09 PM   #2867
nurse.darcy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLalovesWDW View Post
Hey ladies, gents, pirates, and princesses!! You know I gotta make my bimonthly presence! LOL Things are cool with me and the little . They haven't kicked me out of my new house yet, so I guess that means giving me the loan wasn't a fluke. Now, I just gotta learn how to do all the crap around there that Im being forced to do now... change lightbulbs, water grass, paint, fix stuff... its too much! LOL.

I can't wait to see you all in October! I see you are doing your Hershey day next weekend and I wish I could go, but Im packed with my "fun" parties next weekend so I wouldn't be able to meet up with you. You actually crossed my mind a couple of weeks ago, I took the little one to Dutch Wonderland and we did the whole Amish thing. Went to Hershey world, it was a cool weekend, but as we spent the day at Dutch Wonderland, I was trying to picture you all on these rides... jeez, my stomach was doing flips after 3 or 4 of them. They all go in a circle! My daugther loved it though...

Im sure I missed it probably 100 pages ago, but did you all want to do one of my parties while we are down there?? If so, just ladies or a "Jack and Jill" style... I think it would be super fun.

If anyone will be at WDW last week of August, I will be there... then October, then 2nd week of December. Smooches!
Awesome, girlie. . .glad you are still kicking and planning on doing October. Can't wait to see you.
8/2007 - ASMu, 5/2008 - Pop, 8/2008 - POR & BWI, 9/2008 - POFQ, 12/2008 - Offsite, 3/2009 POR, 5/2009 - Pop, 7/2009 AKL. 10/2009 AKV and SSR, 1/2010 Grand California Villas, 2/2010 BLT, 5/2010 BWV, 7/2010 Pop
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-11-2012, 09:08 PM   #2868
LaLalovesWDW
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurse.darcy View Post
Awesome, girlie. . .glad you are still kicking and planning on doing October. Can't wait to see you.

Hey mamacita!! You going to be around end of August? I will be in the big "O" for a few days... would love to catch up.

Fun day trips - 1978 and 1986 * Offsite - 1990 * Offsite - 2002 * CBR - Christmas Week 2004 * CBR - December 2010* AKV - May 2011* WDW Dolphin Dec 2011* *CBR~Aug 2012* *CBR~Aug 2013*SSR ~ Dec 2013* *SSR ~ April/May 2014*

Just Me ,DD , and DK
Old 07-12-2012, 03:09 PM   #2869
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Quote:

Im sure I missed it probably 100 pages ago, but did you all want to do one of my parties while we are down there?? If so, just ladies or a "Jack and Jill" style... I think it would be super fun.

If anyone will be at WDW last week of August, I will be there... then October, then 2nd week of December. Smooches!

back! Glad to hear you are surviving. I think we can let you slide on not doing Hershey since you'll be...um....preoccupied.

As for the Party.... I'm up for it. I don't see why we couldn't do one while down there. As for the Just Ladies or "Jack and Jill" style.... Obviously the only way I could join in would be the "Jack and Jill" style.... but I think I'll let the rest of the group decide. Some Ladies/attendees may not feel real comfortable with our presence.... and I'm also not sure if any other guys would be interested in attending (In which case being the only guy could be hazardous to my health. )

Tara.... You're the official planner. Thoughts?
Old 07-12-2012, 03:13 PM   #2870
MICKEY88
if you keep falling off of the planet...
It might be time for a one piece
100% Male Disney nut!

[QUOTE=DCTooTall;45461841(In which case being the only guy could be hazardous to my health. )
[/QUOTE]

1st time you've ever voiced concern about being the only guy.
i thought you were used to being the HArem MAster..

Pirate Rule #9: A pirate should always remove his hat in the presence of a bartender.
Pirate Rule #11: No pirate shall ever wear a “fanny pack”.
Pirate Rule # 17: Three-cornered hats, headbands and bandanas are the only acceptable headwear for pirates. Fedoras, bowler derbies, baseball caps, MICKEY EARS, top hats, sombreros, or anything with lace and flowers will be removed from the vessel– head included. A grace period of one minute is allowed for hats looted from a tailory.
Old 07-12-2012, 03:37 PM   #2871
DCTooTall

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICKEY88 View Post
1st time you've ever voiced concern about being the only guy.
i thought you were used to being the HArem MAster..
In normal situations, not that difficult a situation. Lala's "party" however could be an entirely different situation that could make it much more difficult to predict.
Old 07-12-2012, 03:38 PM   #2872
DCTooTall

FYI People...

Sorry for the Delay, but I just sent out a PM with meet up details and my cell # for the Hershey meet to everyone who indicated they either plan to attend, or might be able to make it. If you are interested in joining us at the Hershey Meet on 7/21 (week from Saturday), and didn't get the PM, please feel free to let me know and I'll be happy to add you to the list and make sure you get a copy.
Old 07-12-2012, 04:08 PM   #2873
SenecaWolf
I let my mind wander and it didn't come back!

Quote:
Hey ladies, gents, pirates, and princesses!! You know I gotta make my bimonthly presence! LOL Things are cool with me and the little . They haven't kicked me out of my new house yet, so I guess that means giving me the loan wasn't a fluke. Now, I just gotta learn how to do all the crap around there that Im being forced to do now... change lightbulbs, water grass, paint, fix stuff... its too much! LOL.

I can't wait to see you all in October! I see you are doing your Hershey day next weekend and I wish I could go, but Im packed with my "fun" parties next weekend so I wouldn't be able to meet up with you. You actually crossed my mind a couple of weeks ago, I took the little one to Dutch Wonderland and we did the whole Amish thing. Went to Hershey world, it was a cool weekend, but as we spent the day at Dutch Wonderland, I was trying to picture you all on these rides... jeez, my stomach was doing flips after 3 or 4 of them. They all go in a circle! My daugther loved it though...

I'm gonna be there the last week of August

CBR - 4/18/12-4/24/12 - First Family Trip/ DD's Sweet 16POP - 8/25/12-8/30/12 - Mother/Son TripCBR - 8/24/13-9/1/13 - 2nd Family Trip
Old 07-12-2012, 04:08 PM   #2874
MICKEY88
100% Male Disney nut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTooTall View Post
In normal situations, not that difficult a situation. Lala's "party" however could be an entirely different situation that could make it much more difficult to predict.
it is your obligated duty to represent the PA Men

Pirate Rule #9: A pirate should always remove his hat in the presence of a bartender.
Pirate Rule # 17: Three-cornered hats, headbands and bandanas are the only acceptable headwear for pirates. Fedoras, bowler derbies, baseball caps, MICKEY EARS, top hats, sombreros, or anything with lace and flowers will be removed from the vessel– head included. A grace period of one minute is allowed for hats looted from a tailory.
Old 07-12-2012, 04:09 PM   #2875
MICKEY88
100% Male Disney nut!

Quote:
FYI People...

Sorry for the Delay, but I just sent out a PM with meet up details and my cell # for the Hershey meet to everyone who indicated they either plan to attend, or might be able to make it. If you are interested in joining us at the Hershey Meet on 7/21 (week from Saturday), and didn't get the PM, please feel free to let me know and I'll be happy to add you to the list and make sure you get a copy.
there is a singles disney group on facebook, should I share the info there to see if anyone would like to join us

Old 07-12-2012, 04:28 PM   #2876
DCTooTall

Quote:
it is your obligated duty to represent the PA Men
Yes Sir!

Quote:
there is a singles disney group on facebook, should I share the info there to see if anyone would like to join us
I don't have any problems with it.

Also, Anybody want to get together for Drinks Friday night before Hershey on Saturday?
Old 07-12-2012, 05:17 PM   #2877
Daddee
Mouseketeer

Toss me into the maybe pile. 95% sure I'll be there. I haven't done a park with out my kid in 11.5 years.

4/09 ASMo
Old 07-12-2012, 05:48 PM   #2878
DCTooTall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddee View Post
Toss me into the maybe pile. 95% sure I'll be there. I haven't done a park with out my kid in 11.5 years.
For which meet? Hershey Park? or the big October Meet at WDW?
Old 07-12-2012, 05:54 PM   #2879
Daddee
Mouseketeer

Quote:
For which meet? Hershey Park? or the big October Meet at WDW?

Im sorry.. Hershey

But if someone want to treat me to WDW in OCT Im all for it too!
I can even offer luggage carrying and possibly pillow fluffing services.
Foot massages for the fairer sex are extra!

4/09 ASMo
Old 07-12-2012, 05:59 PM   #2880
ctnurse
DIS Veteran

Hi guys! I just returned from Europe last night. Had a fantastic time, managed to squeeze in the historic sites while going from one outdoor cafe to another, trying the local beer and wine. I am also in love with the food, had some of the best meals in my life. The food is so fresh, we were able to take a cooking class with a French chef. It truly was an amazing trip, one of the best weeks of my life. I can't wait to go back.

It's nice to see that the thread has been a bit busy! What does everyone have planned for the weekend. I have an important date with an 8 year old. As nice as FaceTime is, it doesn't replace being in the same spot. DS and I have something planned for tomorrow night. I hope everyone is staying cool!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: