Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2012, 09:47 PM   #2851
superdisneydork
Mouseketeer

Hey all, new guy here!

So, is this just a thread for us awesome solo-ers (to be) to hang around, chat and plan interesting get togethers? Cause I'd love that :-)
Is there a newbie guy, should I stand up and say my name, occupation and blood type? ;-)

I'm in the beginning stages of planning a solo visit in mid-September, I'm looking forward to the experience, but I'd be a bit less apprehensive if I made some friends before or during the trip!
Old 07-08-2012, 09:59 PM   #2852
Andrew015
WL Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
I've been good. Went to Disney World in April (right after Easter) and stayed at the Boardwalk for a week which was AMAZING!!! We had a BW view so that was really cool. Now I'm teaching summer school and looking forward to going to Boston for a couple days later this summer. Sounds like you've been busy lately too!
Awesome! I recall reading a thread of yours telling us about your then planned trip for April. Sounds like it was a great time! BWV was my second choice for home resort. I'm actually contemplating adding on some additional points at BWV in the near future. Once I get settled into the house, that may be something that I look at a little more seriously next year.

I've been quite busy, but things will hopefully be settling down for the duration of the summer.

Boston sounds like a really good time. Are you visiting friends or family, or just sight seeing? Hope that you enjoy it either way!
Register to remove

Old 07-08-2012, 10:04 PM   #2853
Andrew015
WL Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDiva View Post
well hey sunshine!!! we missed you! so awesome about the house..where is the house located? so you are gonna be in WDW in May, what are your dates? I'm down there the first week of May for my birthday (of course staying in the Princess rooms in POR).
how is work going for you...new responsibilities...that equals more money and less time to yourself...
Hey Diva! Good to hear from you! The house is located in the subarbs of Cleveland. I'm right on Lake Erie, which is important to me because I'm into the boating thing and need to be close to the water.

I'll be down first week of May as well (beginning on the 3rd for 10 days). If I can break away from the family for an evening, maybe we can grab a bite to eat or a beer! Keep me posted.
Old 07-09-2012, 07:11 AM   #2854
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew015 View Post
Awesome! I recall reading a thread of yours telling us about your then planned trip for April. Sounds like it was a great time! BWV was my second choice for home resort. I'm actually contemplating adding on some additional points at BWV in the near future. Once I get settled into the house, that may be something that I look at a little more seriously next year.

I've been quite busy, but things will hopefully be settling down for the duration of the summer.

Boston sounds like a really good time. Are you visiting friends or family, or just sight seeing? Hope that you enjoy it either way!
Yes, it was definitely a great trip. I am still working on that trip report. I am glad I finally got to check the BWV off my list of DVC resorts (I want to try BLT on my next trip though that may be a tough one to get). My dad and I also did the Keys to the Kingdom tour which we both loved. I would recommend that to anyone-I had so much fun I didn't want it to end.

We're just planning on doing some sightseeing in Boston-some of the historical stuff and hopefully a Red Sox game. I've never been there before so it should be fun!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIP: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 07-09-2012, 09:04 AM   #2855
TampaRobert
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIS_MERI View Post
Just checking in to say that it finally rained in Indiana today, which was very welcome! It cooled things off enough for me to get out for a run tonight, for the first time in a *very* long time. It got me thinking, my November trip just happens to coincide with the Wine and Dine Half....I might have to seriously consider doing that. Right now the race is 82% full and I am a long way from 13.1 miles, but it is an intriguing idea, especially since I wasn't able to do the Princess back in February like I had wanted to....My kids will be there, but since it is a night race I can leave my oldest in charge with some food and electronic baby-sitters in the room with no worries....Any thoughts?
Go for it! You only regret the things you didn't do. I haven't signed up for it yet, but I'm going to. Don't worry about being a long way from 13.1 miles. Alternate walking and running and you'll do great. There's so many people that stop and wait in line for pictures with the characters during the race, that I think the 16 minute/mile must be pretty hard not to be able to do. When I walk during a cool down, my GPS watch says I'm walking a 3.1 mph pace...a 16 minute mile is 3.75 mph....so if you can walk a little faster than me, you're good!! :-)
Old 07-09-2012, 01:17 PM   #2856
NJDiva
NJDiva Boo Boo

Quote:
Hey Diva! Good to hear from you! The house is located in the subarbs of Cleveland. I'm right on Lake Erie, which is important to me because I'm into the boating thing and need to be close to the water.

I'll be down first week of May as well (beginning on the 3rd for 10 days). If I can break away from the family for an evening, maybe we can grab a bite to eat or a beer! Keep me posted.
sweet!! does that mean you're coming back to the states??
I am so up for meeting up while you're down there. I'm sure your parents will want to take a night to relax.

Old 07-09-2012, 08:11 PM   #2857
beachphotog
Pass me a margarita

*begin soapbox rant* I know I can be catty, but I'm not a b(word you can't say here) unless you push me. There is no reason to strut into the gym like you own the place, be rude to those of us who are there all the time, and not take direction from the coach.
3 minutes in the ring, I will knock you out.

I'm really not all the tough, just don't push me... *climbing off soapbox.*

Phew, I feel better now.

Follow me on twitter: @beachphotog
And on Instagram: smk31
Old 07-09-2012, 09:23 PM   #2858
jagfanjosh3252
#1 fan of the Jacksonville Jaguars

You ok there beachphotog?
Old 07-09-2012, 09:28 PM   #2859
PlutoPatrol
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachphotog View Post
*begin soapbox rant* I know I can be catty, but I'm not a b(word you can't say here) unless you push me. There is no reason to strut into the gym like you own the place, be rude to those of us who are there all the time, and not take direction from the coach.

Phew, I feel better now.
Wow what did I miss? LOL

I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse." -Walt Disney
Old 07-09-2012, 10:51 PM   #2860
beachphotog
Pass me a margarita

I encountered a very rude person at the gym tonight. Rude to the coach, who's this 62 yr old ex-boxer, and wouldn't talk to any of us except to snap that she was there to learn from the coach... Not me, even though I have been Going there for 7 months... But, what do I know?

I just needed to go on a little rant about rude people... No need for it.

Follow me on twitter: @beachphotog
And on Instagram: smk31
Old 07-10-2012, 01:03 AM   #2861
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Been a long weekend. sorry i haven't been around. now lets try and do some catching up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICKEY88 View Post
Welcome, if you get thirsty while here, let me know, I have a Private Rum stash.
Did the just offer to share his rum??!

Quote:
Hey gang!

It's been a long while, for which I apologize. Sometimes, life just gets busy and priorities change. But I am looking forward to getting back on the DIS on a more regular basis. I'm glad to see the regular "crew" is still in tact!

In my few month absence, I've taken on some new responsibilities at work, done some traveling (as a result of said new responsbilities), purchased a new house (closing mid-August), and booked my first Disney Vacation Club trip I'm taking my parents and my brother for 10 days at the Wilderness Lodge Villas in May 2013. We're going to be meeting my cousin and his wife + 3 kids, who will be staying in the main lodge.

So that's the abbreviated version How's everyone doing, and what's new with the group?
back! I'm sure others can give you their updates, but group wise, lots of cool new people joining us...and a Hershey park meet planned in a couple weeks followed by the big WDW meet planned for Oct 13th. details for both are on the first post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stasijane View Post
I cant answer very much of that, other then to say Hi! welcome.... back I guess. The only thing that I personally know of that you missed would be my arrivial Although not everyone finds that as important as I do.
What are you talking about? It's always important when a new joins the group!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIS_MERI View Post
Just checking in to say that it finally rained in Indiana today, which was very welcome! It cooled things off enough for me to get out for a run tonight, for the first time in a *very* long time. It got me thinking, my November trip just happens to coincide with the Wine and Dine Half....I might have to seriously consider doing that. Right now the race is 82% full and I am a long way from 13.1 miles, but it is an intriguing idea, especially since I wasn't able to do the Princess back in February like I had wanted to....My kids will be there, but since it is a night race I can leave my oldest in charge with some food and electronic baby-sitters in the room with no worries....Any thoughts?
Do EET!!

Quote:
I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend! Mine was low key, trying to stay cool... I did spend the afternoon at the pool without sunscreen you would think that at almost 30 (for the 3rd time... next sunday) I would learn... Guess not.
I had a sunburn so bad last year where the only part of me that didn't look like a lobster was where my suit was.

falling asleep at an evening pool party/bonfire and then spending the next day in the pool was not the brightest move i ever made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdisneydork View Post
Hey all, new guy here!

So, is this just a thread for us awesome solo-ers (to be) to hang around, chat and plan interesting get togethers? Cause I'd love that :-)
Is there a newbie guy, should I stand up and say my name, occupation and blood type? ;-)

I'm in the beginning stages of planning a solo visit in mid-September, I'm looking forward to the experience, but I'd be a bit less apprehensive if I made some friends before or during the trip!
to the group. As the thread title says, we are just a bunch of social singles.....plus a few ex-singles.

Quote:

Phew, I feel better now.
"I pick things up and put them down."

Old 07-10-2012, 09:39 AM   #2862
MICKEY88
if you keep falling off of the planet...
It might be time for a one piece
100% Male Disney nut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTooTall View Post
Did the just offer to share his rum??!
Hmm that could only mean one of two things,
either he was talking to a very pretty lady,
or he had too much Rum to drink.
since we know that the Pyrate doesn't believe there is such a thing as TOO MUCH RUM,
that leaves us to conclude that he must have been talking to a very pretty Lady.

Pirate Rule #9: A pirate should always remove his hat in the presence of a bartender.
Pirate Rule #11: No pirate shall ever wear a “fanny pack”.
Pirate Rule # 17: Three-cornered hats, headbands and bandanas are the only acceptable headwear for pirates. Fedoras, bowler derbies, baseball caps, MICKEY EARS, top hats, sombreros, or anything with lace and flowers will be removed from the vessel– head included. A grace period of one minute is allowed for hats looted from a tailory.

Last edited by MICKEY88; 07-10-2012 at 09:50 AM.
Old 07-10-2012, 05:04 PM   #2863
DIS_MERI
Mouseketeer

For anyone else looking at the Wine and Dine half marathon, it jumped today from 82% full to 86% full, so it looks like it could fill up pretty quick!

And, it is now possible that I won't be there during that time....my girlfriend and her hubby (and their 5 kids) might be able to make their first trip to Disney since they were a family of 4....but they want us to come and can't make it the same week we are currently booked for. And, my boyfriend and his 2 kids can't be there then, either. But, they might be able to come a couple of weeks earlier (but still not during the SSC meet ). So, plans in flux again, yay me, lol. If we all go together it will totally change my touring style....they seem to think vacations should be relaxing and not involve things like rope drop....
Old 07-11-2012, 06:45 AM   #2864
magnyseb
Earning My Ears

I'm currently in Orlando for 2 weeks, from France. Would love to meet people to have a chat and share a few rides.
A bientot!
Old 07-11-2012, 08:54 AM   #2865
LaLalovesWDW
DIS Veteran

Still kickin...

Hey ladies, gents, pirates, and princesses!! You know I gotta make my bimonthly presence! LOL Things are cool with me and the little . They haven't kicked me out of my new house yet, so I guess that means giving me the loan wasn't a fluke. Now, I just gotta learn how to do all the crap around there that Im being forced to do now... change lightbulbs, water grass, paint, fix stuff... its too much! LOL.

I can't wait to see you all in October! I see you are doing your Hershey day next weekend and I wish I could go, but Im packed with my "fun" parties next weekend so I wouldn't be able to meet up with you. You actually crossed my mind a couple of weeks ago, I took the little one to Dutch Wonderland and we did the whole Amish thing. Went to Hershey world, it was a cool weekend, but as we spent the day at Dutch Wonderland, I was trying to picture you all on these rides... jeez, my stomach was doing flips after 3 or 4 of them. They all go in a circle! My daugther loved it though...

Im sure I missed it probably 100 pages ago, but did you all want to do one of my parties while we are down there?? If so, just ladies or a "Jack and Jill" style... I think it would be super fun.

If anyone will be at WDW last week of August, I will be there... then October, then 2nd week of December. Smooches!

Fun day trips - 1978 and 1986 * Offsite - 1990 * Offsite - 2002 * CBR - Christmas Week 2004 * CBR - December 2010* AKV - May 2011* WDW Dolphin Dec 2011* *CBR~Aug 2012* *CBR~Aug 2013*SSR ~ Dec 2013* *SSR ~ April/May 2014*

Just Me ,DD , and DK
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: