Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2012, 08:01 PM   #2836
DisneydaveCT
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefLepard View Post
I was up in Palm Coast Fl visiting my buddy and he had a salt water boat, we left around 4am, went out St Augustine inlet around 5am and were going thru a tournament of boats, we went past guys that were drinking beer before sunrise ...omg
Years ago I played in an industry golf tournament with 3 guys I had never met before that conference. We tee'd off at 9AM. BY 9:05 the complimentary beverage cart made it to our foursome. I ordered coffee...need my coffee. My playing partners each took four beers a piece. When they saw my surprised look on my face, one of they said..."Dave did we tell you we came in last place last year?"

A Very Memorable Magical Moment: Scoring a Hole-in-One at Disney's LBV #7, 9/25/06

FUTURE TRIPS: November 18-25 at OKW & SSR. .
PREVIOUS TRIPS: 25+ trips to WDW since 1972 with stays at Animal Kingdom Lodge, Boardwalk, Carribean Beach, Contemporary; Dixie Landings, Grand Floridian, Old Key West, Polynesian, Port Orleans, Saratoga Springs Resort, & Villas at Wilderness Lodge.
Old 07-08-2012, 12:02 PM   #2837
MICKEY88
if you keep falling off of the planet...
It might be time for a one piece
100% Male Disney nut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettyann29 View Post
hello all.. I just found this post.. I have been on the boards for many years, but dont post alot.. I am somewhat newly solo (single)-- have a huge place in my heart for Disney and love sharing and talking about it with others.. Im looking forward to getting to know you guys here... and talking Disney of course.. Hope you dont mind if I join you..
Welcome, if you get thirsty while here, let me know, I have a Private Rum stash.

Pirate Rule #9: A pirate should always remove his hat in the presence of a bartender.
Pirate Rule #11: No pirate shall ever wear a “fanny pack”.
Pirate Rule # 17: Three-cornered hats, headbands and bandanas are the only acceptable headwear for pirates. Fedoras, bowler derbies, baseball caps, MICKEY EARS, top hats, sombreros, or anything with lace and flowers will be removed from the vessel– head included. A grace period of one minute is allowed for hats looted from a tailory.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-08-2012, 12:22 PM   #2838
SenecaWolf
I let my mind wander and it didn't come back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTooTall View Post
Not sure if it's the melting in the heat...

..or just the recovery from the holiday partying.
THIS!!!

I never realized how a midweek 4th of July translates into MANY days of celebrations and picnics. Add in the heat (we hit 90 here and thats SO not typical of this area) and the beach bars just down the road...my poor liver has been punished severly. I didn't even go out last night and I still don't quite feel right LOL.

CBR - 4/18/12-4/24/12 - First Family Trip/ DD's Sweet 16POP - 8/25/12-8/30/12 - Mother/Son TripCBR - 8/24/13-9/1/13 - 2nd Family Trip
Old 07-08-2012, 12:29 PM   #2839
Andrew015
WL Guru

Hey gang!

It's been a long while, for which I apologize. Sometimes, life just gets busy and priorities change. But I am looking forward to getting back on the DIS on a more regular basis. I'm glad to see the regular "crew" is still in tact!

In my few month absence, I've taken on some new responsibilities at work, done some traveling (as a result of said new responsbilities), purchased a new house (closing mid-August), and booked my first Disney Vacation Club trip I'm taking my parents and my brother for 10 days at the Wilderness Lodge Villas in May 2013. We're going to be meeting my cousin and his wife + 3 kids, who will be staying in the main lodge.

So that's the abbreviated version How's everyone doing, and what's new with the group?
Old 07-08-2012, 04:13 PM   #2840
stasijane
Crazed one

I cant answer very much of that, other then to say Hi! welcome.... back I guess. The only thing that I personally know of that you missed would be my arrivial Although not everyone finds that as important as I do.
Old 07-08-2012, 05:34 PM   #2841
Andrew015
WL Guru

Well pleasure to meet you! Tell me a little about yourself.
Old 07-08-2012, 05:47 PM   #2842
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Congrats Andrew! How exciting to finally have your first DVC trip booked. 10 days at the Wilderness Lodge Villas sounds awesome. But really I'd take 10 days at any Disney resort.
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 07-08-2012, 05:57 PM   #2843
Andrew015
WL Guru

Hey stranger! I agree, 10 days anywhere at Disney is a great thing! How have you been? Long time no talk!
Old 07-08-2012, 06:48 PM   #2844
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew015 View Post
Hey stranger! I agree, 10 days anywhere at Disney is a great thing! How have you been? Long time no talk!
I've been good. Went to Disney World in April (right after Easter) and stayed at the Boardwalk for a week which was AMAZING!!! We had a BW view so that was really cool. Now I'm teaching summer school and looking forward to going to Boston for a couple days later this summer. Sounds like you've been busy lately too!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 07-08-2012, 07:18 PM   #2845
DIS_MERI
Mouseketeer

Just checking in to say that it finally rained in Indiana today, which was very welcome! It cooled things off enough for me to get out for a run tonight, for the first time in a *very* long time. It got me thinking, my November trip just happens to coincide with the Wine and Dine Half....I might have to seriously consider doing that. Right now the race is 82% full and I am a long way from 13.1 miles, but it is an intriguing idea, especially since I wasn't able to do the Princess back in February like I had wanted to....My kids will be there, but since it is a night race I can leave my oldest in charge with some food and electronic baby-sitters in the room with no worries....Any thoughts?
Old 07-08-2012, 07:51 PM   #2846
beachphotog
Pass me a margarita

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIS_MERI View Post
Just checking in to say that it finally rained in Indiana today, which was very welcome! It cooled things off enough for me to get out for a run tonight, for the first time in a *very* long time. It got me thinking, my November trip just happens to coincide with the Wine and Dine Half....I might have to seriously consider doing that. Right now the race is 82% full and I am a long way from 13.1 miles, but it is an intriguing idea, especially since I wasn't able to do the Princess back in February like I had wanted to....My kids will be there, but since it is a night race I can leave my oldest in charge with some food and electronic baby-sitters in the room with no worries....Any thoughts?
I have no opinion to offer on the race other than, you should totally do it! You have plenty of time to train and get in your qualifying runs.
Also, it sounds like we'll be there at the same time. I'm there 11/9-11/13, what are your dates?

Follow me on twitter: @beachphotog
And on Instagram: smk31
Old 07-08-2012, 07:54 PM   #2847
beachphotog
Pass me a margarita

I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend! Mine was low key, trying to stay cool... I did spend the afternoon at the pool without sunscreen you would think that at almost 30 (for the 3rd time... next sunday) I would learn... Guess not.

Follow me on twitter: @beachphotog
And on Instagram: smk31
Old 07-08-2012, 08:21 PM   #2848
NJDiva
NJDiva Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew015 View Post
Hey gang!

It's been a long while, for which I apologize. Sometimes, life just gets busy and priorities change. But I am looking forward to getting back on the DIS on a more regular basis. I'm glad to see the regular "crew" is still in tact!

In my few month absence, I've taken on some new responsibilities at work, done some traveling (as a result of said new responsbilities), purchased a new house (closing mid-August), and booked my first Disney Vacation Club trip I'm taking my parents and my brother for 10 days at the Wilderness Lodge Villas in May 2013. We're going to be meeting my cousin and his wife + 3 kids, who will be staying in the main lodge.

So that's the abbreviated version How's everyone doing, and what's new with the group?
well hey sunshine!!! we missed you! so awesome about the house..where is the house located? so you are gonna be in WDW in May, what are your dates? I'm down there the first week of May for my birthday (of course staying in the Princess rooms in POR).
how is work going for you...new responsibilities...that equals more money and less time to yourself...

Old 07-08-2012, 08:26 PM   #2849
DIS_MERI
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachphotog View Post
I have no opinion to offer on the race other than, you should totally do it! You have plenty of time to train and get in your qualifying runs.
Also, it sounds like we'll be there at the same time. I'm there 11/9-11/13, what are your dates?
My biggest worry with the race itself (other than the 13.1 miles lol) is that it is a night race and I'd always done morning runs before. But, I went out this evening without issue, so I'm not as concerned. I'll have a little time before I *have* to make a decision, so I can try out evening running some more.

As for our dates, we will be there 11/7-11/13, so we will be there at the same time It's a great time to combine food and wine with christmas decorations, and as a bonus it is 2 weeks before my girls' birthdays
Old 07-08-2012, 08:43 PM   #2850
ahoff
DIS Veteran

Do the race! Running at night is pretty cool, especially through Disney.

I had a great week, saw Phish twice, toured some caverns, ran an 8K this morning and spent the rest of the day at the beach. The water was great, nice way to cool off. Sure had been hot here.

Have a good week, everyone!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: