Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2012, 03:38 AM   #2221
nurse.darcy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lthiesfeld07 View Post
Thanks for the welcome!
I've been in and out of a complicated relationship and have been out of it for a while...
Looking to make some friends on the DIS.

I'll be in Walt Disney World April 26-28 for some job interviews. Will anyone be up for a meet?
I am usually the first one to say yes, but I am down in Clearwater now and won't know my schedule for a bit. This board tends to be a bit slower on the weekends so give it time and someone will respond. . .
8/2007 - ASMu, 5/2008 - Pop, 8/2008 - POR & BWI, 9/2008 - POFQ, 12/2008 - Offsite, 3/2009 POR, 5/2009 - Pop, 7/2009 AKL. 10/2009 AKV and SSR, 1/2010 Grand California Villas, 2/2010 BLT, 5/2010 BWV, 7/2010 Pop
Old 04-01-2012, 08:20 AM   #2222
NJDiva
NJDiva Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brocktoon View Post
Nothing wrong with fostering someone into a creative field. The world needs a balance of creativity and logic. As an engineer, I still shudder at the idea of a world filled only with logic driven nutcases like myself

EHS / Regulatory is a great field to work in ... especially for long term job security it's a great skill set to have. No one wants to be on the receiving end of fines or penalties from a government audit. I work with our IH folks all the time in my line of work
ok I am floored that someone knew what that was! not that we aren't intelligent bunch but most people give me the deer in headlights look when I say that. other than being the resident Diva, I guess I'm the health and safety manager by default. and if I remember correctly, we got into a discussion on the thread that my expertise came in handy. I guess knowing how to get rid of hazardous waste can be an interesting thing in real life as well as professional. I will say I love my job, I celebrated my 9th anniversary in Feb. in the department so I guess I'm doing something right. and that fact that I work with all men isn't so bad either....and I'm in charge!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-02-2012, 01:00 AM   #2223
MICKEY88
if you keep falling off of the planet...
It might be time for a one piece
100% Male Disney nut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTooTall View Post

Don't forget the 's in the group. They are Navy related.....sort of. (Boats.... and they are sometimes chased by the Navy. )
true indeed, but they never catch us

Pirate Rule #9: A pirate should always remove his hat in the presence of a bartender.
Pirate Rule #11: No pirate shall ever wear a “fanny pack”.
Pirate Rule # 17: Three-cornered hats, headbands and bandanas are the only acceptable headwear for pirates. Fedoras, bowler derbies, baseball caps, MICKEY EARS, top hats, sombreros, or anything with lace and flowers will be removed from the vessel– head included. A grace period of one minute is allowed for hats looted from a tailory.
Old 04-02-2012, 11:34 AM   #2224
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDiva View Post
ok I am floored that someone knew what that was! not that we aren't intelligent bunch but most people give me the deer in headlights look when I say that. other than being the resident Diva, I guess I'm the health and safety manager by default. and if I remember correctly, we got into a discussion on the thread that my expertise came in handy. I guess knowing how to get rid of hazardous waste can be an interesting thing in real life as well as professional. I will say I love my job, I celebrated my 9th anniversary in Feb. in the department so I guess I'm doing something right. and that fact that I work with all men isn't so bad either....and I'm in charge!
You are the Diva (Notice.. THE... not "A")... of course you are in charge!

And if my memory serves me correctly, I think the conversation had to do with how to dispose of a body so that they'll never find it.
Old 04-02-2012, 02:25 PM   #2225
DefLepard
<3 Disney

Quote:
And if my memory serves me correctly, I think the conversation had to do with how to dispose of a body so that they'll never find it.
Curiosity killed the cat

What was the best way ?
Old 04-02-2012, 02:37 PM   #2226
DCTooTall

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefLepard View Post
Curiosity killed the cat

What was the best way ?
I don't remember details, beyond something about a 50gal drum sealed and marked as containing a certain toxic substance that prevents it being unsealed/opened for over 50yrs.
Old 04-02-2012, 03:52 PM   #2227
Sfmarine
Disney is my second home

Are talking about Hoffa now?...
Old 04-02-2012, 04:29 PM   #2228
NJDiva
NJDiva Boo Boo

Quote:
You are the Diva (Notice.. THE... not "A")... of course you are in charge!

Quote:
I don't remember details, beyond something about a 50gal drum sealed and marked as containing a certain toxic substance that prevents it being unsealed/opened for over 50yrs.
Ok first, I do not advocate the disposal of bodies other than the natural way...second, DC I believe that particular conversation was at Hershey. I think it was disposal of something (not a body!)

Old 04-02-2012, 04:36 PM   #2229
DCTooTall

Quote:
Ok first, I do not advocate the disposal of bodies other than the natural way...second, DC I believe that particular conversation was at Hershey. I think it was disposal of something (not a body!)
No... It was definately a body. Though you may be right about it being a Hershey conversation. I think you may have chimed in with another potential way to dump TDB's body besides the "dumping her in a Centralia Coal Mine" suggestion that the had come up with on our trip to Knoebels.

Old 04-02-2012, 04:51 PM   #2230
NJDiva
NJDiva Boo Boo

Quote:
No... It was definately a body. Though you may be right about it being a Hershey conversation. I think you may have chimed in with another potential way to dump TDB's body besides the "dumping her in a Centralia Coal Mine" suggestion that the had come up with on our trip to Knoebels.

were we talking about her ex? that might have been the reason the conversation started at Hershey....
at any rate, we probably should start thinking about our local meet up since the summer will soon be upon us....

Old 04-02-2012, 05:03 PM   #2231
DCTooTall

Quote:
were we talking about her ex? that might have been the reason the conversation started at Hershey....
at any rate, we probably should start thinking about our local meet up since the summer will soon be upon us....
Don't think it was an Ex conversation. Probably more like TDB mentioning how the was joking about killing her and dumping her body when we were in the middle of nowhere going to Knoebels, and then your pointing out there were much better ways of disposing of the evidence.

Hershey was too much fun to worry about bringing up Ex's.

Well.... What would you guys like to do this summer? Hershey again? or maybe one of the many other parks in this part of the country?
Old 04-02-2012, 05:06 PM   #2232
MICKEY88
100% Male Disney nut!

Quote:
we could do Hershey N knoebels again maybe more people could make it for both parks
and if we get really lucky maybe even dole whips at knoebels

Pirate Rule #9: A pirate should always remove his hat in the presence of a bartender.
Pirate Rule # 17: Three-cornered hats, headbands and bandanas are the only acceptable headwear for pirates. Fedoras, bowler derbies, baseball caps, MICKEY EARS, top hats, sombreros, or anything with lace and flowers will be removed from the vessel– head included. A grace period of one minute is allowed for hats looted from a tailory.
Old 04-02-2012, 05:44 PM   #2233
DIS_MERI
Mouseketeer

It's a shame Indiana isn't a little closer to PA, I doubt I'll be able to make any of the DISmeets. Some friends and I are already planning to go to King's Island at the end of June, so I'm a bit booked up on my ability to hit amusement parks....
Old 04-02-2012, 05:58 PM   #2234
MICKEY88
100% Male Disney nut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIS_MERI View Post
It's a shame Indiana isn't a little closer to PA, I doubt I'll be able to make any of the DISmeets. Some friends and I are already planning to go to King's Island at the end of June, so I'm a bit booked up on my ability to hit amusement parks....
TDB, flew in from Texas for the HErsheymeet last year

Old 04-02-2012, 06:00 PM   #2235
MICKEY88
100% Male Disney nut!

Quote:
Don't think it was an Ex conversation. Probably more like TDB mentioning how the was joking about killing her and dumping her body when we were in the middle of nowhere going to Knoebels, and then your pointing out there were much better ways of disposing of the evidence.

Hershey was too much fun to worry about bringing up Ex's.

Well.... What would you guys like to do this summer? Hershey again? or maybe one of the many other parks in this part of the country?
we should also do a Ren FAire meet in August or Sept.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: