Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2012, 06:12 AM   #2146
ortholablady
DIS Veteran

TGIF!! Hope everyone in the northeast has been enjoying the awesome spring weather! Have a great weekend!
Old 03-23-2012, 09:39 AM   #2147
NJDiva
NJDiva Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sfmarine View Post
everyone. I'm new to the boards and wanted to introduce myself. I'm Mike from Pa and would move to FL just to be closer to Disney. Anyway..it seems like this is where all the cool people hang out so I wanted to say hi.
welcome to our world! it seems we are all coming back from various trips so you will see more of us on here. as always feel free to strike up any conversation or add to one already started. we'll talk about anything....one conversation we had dealt with shoes...and it wasn't started by one of the princesses!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-23-2012, 10:25 AM   #2148
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICKEY88 View Post
Most definitely, the would be more than happy to attend
Sweet! It's always good to have someone else around to distract all the Princesses and Diva's.

Quote:
everyone. I'm new to the boards and wanted to introduce myself. I'm Mike from Pa and would move to FL just to be closer to Disney. Anyway..it seems like this is where all the cool people hang out so I wanted to say hi.
to the SSC! We always love having more people join us, and it's also good to have another PA guy join the crew. (You hear that ladies? If you want a SSC Guy, your best odds come from a trip to PA. )

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDiva View Post
welcome to our world! it seems we are all coming back from various trips so you will see more of us on here. as always feel free to strike up any conversation or add to one already started. we'll talk about anything....one conversation we had dealt with shoes...and it wasn't started by one of the princesses!
Silly Diva. We've had much more than just ONE conversation about shoes in the history of this group. Somehow it seems like a reoccurring topic.

Speaking of which, I think it's about due for another appearance. Since weather is warming up it's that time of year when your footwear can start to move away from the practical into the more fun varieties.
Old 03-23-2012, 11:51 AM   #2149
NJDiva
NJDiva Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTooTall View Post
Sweet! It's always good to have someone else around to distract all the Princesses and Diva's.

to the SSC! We always love having more people join us, and it's also good to have another PA guy join the crew. (You hear that ladies? If you want a SSC Guy, your best odds come from a trip to PA. )

Silly Diva. We've had much more than just ONE conversation about shoes in the history of this group. Somehow it seems like a reoccurring topic.

Speaking of which, I think it's about due for another appearance. Since weather is warming up it's that time of year when your footwear can start to move away from the practical into the more fun varieties.
ok was trying not to scare all the newbies right off the bat with talks of shoes!
and yes I do believe it is time for new walking shoes before I go to FL next month.

Old 03-23-2012, 12:42 PM   #2150
LaLalovesWDW
DIS Veteran

hey everyone! Hope your day is going well!! Just finished eating my $4 grapefruit from Whole Foods... smh. LOL. Soooooo glad its FRIDAY!!!

Quote:
I was thinking about you the other day...how was the housewarming?? I had to travel for work that week and didn't get back until late Friday. I'm still heading down and if you have other plans make them, I'm sure I'll catch you at some point. I'm there until the 5th so do what you need to, I totally understand.
and as for the *ahem* "party" depending on who the players are will tell you the direction it will go...which I'm guessing is south
The housewarming was really fun..A lot more people came than I thought and a few ended up staying the night due to impairment of one sort or another...lol. Im sorry you couldn't come but hopefully one day you can come by for drinks and hang out. LOLOLOL on the "partay"...listen, usually my parties end up going south so I wont be surprised in the least. Its more fun that way usually, anyway... If I don't see you in May, I guess it will be October?? Do you know if the other Diva is going? I would hate to miss out on the fun while you are there! IM just going to head down a few days before the 13th to Disney, then do the wedding and then a couple days more at disney and come back on the 16th.

Quote:
Hmmmm.... Another question is who wants to play host for the party? Need to make sure we have the room for everyone, and if drinks can be easily obtained (or made), the better.

Hmmm.... Think we might manage to get a to attend? I'm betting that would make things really interesting.
I can host it, or if someone wants to try and earn some free stuff, they can host it. Im celebrating my b-day at the time also so I would love to get a suite of some sort. Actually Im real out of the loop for the Oct meetup so maybe I should the facts on that first, but worse case, I can host.

Fun day trips - 1978 and 1986 * Offsite - 1990 * Offsite - 2002 * CBR - Christmas Week 2004 * CBR - December 2010* AKV - May 2011* WDW Dolphin Dec 2011* *CBR~Aug 2012* *CBR~Aug 2013*SSR ~ Dec 2013* *SSR ~ April/May 2014*

Just Me ,DD , and DK
Old 03-23-2012, 01:51 PM   #2151
DCTooTall

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLalovesWDW View Post
I can host it, or if someone wants to try and earn some free stuff, they can host it. Im celebrating my b-day at the time also so I would love to get a suite of some sort. Actually Im real out of the loop for the Oct meetup so maybe I should the facts on that first, but worse case, I can host.
Don't worry... there isn't really a loop that extends outside the Houston area right now. The 2 Houston 's offered to plan the thing, so other then a date I don't even know much right now. (honestly, I'm kinda expecting to not hear a whole lot till the summer when 1/2 the duo get a little bit more breathing room in available time).

Anybody else thinking they may end up getting a suite someplace? (DVC anyone? ) I know I'll probably be getting a 1bdrm unit over at Bonnett Creek, but I'm pretty sure that wouldn't be a good location if nothing more than being really hard for those traveling via Disney Transport not having a good way to get there or back.
Old 03-23-2012, 01:52 PM   #2152
CoasterAddict
Queen of the Double Entendre

Quote:
ok was trying not to scare all the newbies right off the bat with talks of shoes!
and yes I do believe it is time for new walking shoes before I go to FL next month.
<perks up> shoes??
Marathon Relay 2012 2:51:33!! Team Time 6:00
WDW Full Marathon 2011 7:02:27 -who thought that was a good idea? Oh yeah, me...
WDW Half-Marathon 2008--3:08:13, 2009--3:07:02, 2010--3:13:52 (in sleet) 2012--3:14
DL Half-Marathon 2009--3:05:17
Old 03-23-2012, 04:58 PM   #2153
taramoz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Don't worry... there isn't really a loop that extends outside the Houston area right now. The 2 Houston 's offered to plan the thing, so other then a date I don't even know much right now. (honestly, I'm kinda expecting to not hear a whole lot till the summer when 1/2 the duo get a little bit more breathing room in available time).

Anybody else thinking they may end up getting a suite someplace? (DVC anyone? ) I know I'll probably be getting a 1bdrm unit over at Bonnett Creek, but I'm pretty sure that wouldn't be a good location if nothing more than being really hard for those traveling via Disney Transport not having a good way to get there or back.
We will be on the planning as we get a bit closer! I will probably rent a DVC room, I always do. I should probably start seeing what is available! How many of us will there be, do we have a tally anywhere on who is coming? I usually rent a studio, but if someone wanted to coordinate with me on the room the 1 bedrooms are a nice size and then we could host from there.
Old 03-23-2012, 05:10 PM   #2154
DCTooTall

Quote:
Originally Posted by taramoz View Post
We will be on the planning as we get a bit closer! I will probably rent a DVC room, I always do. I should probably start seeing what is available! How many of us will there be, do we have a tally anywhere on who is coming? I usually rent a studio, but if someone wanted to coordinate with me on the room the 1 bedrooms are a nice size and then we could host from there.
I know I'll be there... but I've got my timeshare to stay at. I'm also guessing the will be there.... but he's got his always available room. I don't think we've gotten anywhere close to a headcount yet on who's gonna be in attendance yet.
Old 03-24-2012, 04:11 AM   #2155
nurse.darcy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Uh, I just showed up to welcome all newbies. I can say that the Pyrate probably started the shoe conversation. As for the October trip, me and my SO will probably still be in town. Looking forward to meeting some new peeps.

Quote:

We are easily distracted.

Did someone mention Flip Flops?. . .I have a few (dozen) pair. . .

Quote:
Sweetie, you can show up in any shoe this time of year . . .but let me suggest flip flops. . .lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLalovesWDW View Post
hey everyone! Hope your day is going well!! Just finished eating my $4 grapefruit from Whole Foods... smh. LOL. Soooooo glad its FRIDAY!!!
The housewarming was really fun..A lot more people came than I thought and a few ended up staying the night due to impairment of one sort or another...lol. Im sorry you couldn't come but hopefully one day you can come by for drinks and hang out. LOLOLOL on the "partay"...listen, usually my parties end up going south so I wont be surprised in the least. Its more fun that way usually, anyway... If I don't see you in May, I guess it will be October?? Do you know if the other Diva is going? I would hate to miss out on the fun while you are there! IM just going to head down a few days before the 13th to Disney, then do the wedding and then a couple days more at disney and come back on the 16th.
I am meeting Dismem the middle of May and probabl a friend from the Pond. If you are here at that time, meet up with us. As for you LaLa. . .offer it up girlfriend. And congrats on getting the house.

Quote:

I will probably have a suite. I am going to be in Clearwater during the trip time so will come over on the weekend and have a suite and a car. Feel free to post and I will gladly accept crashers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoasterAddict View Post
<perks up> shoes??
CA, Shoe love will get you everywhere. . .lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by taramoz View Post
Quote:
I know I'll be there... but I've got my timeshare to stay at. I'm also guessing the will be there.... but he's got his always available room. I don't think we've gotten anywhere close to a headcount yet on who's gonna be in attendance yet.
A headcount on those even anticipating on coming would be good. That will help decide on who needs to book rooms. I am willing but I will be living on the gulf coast and need time to plan.

Oh and welcome to the newbies who have shown up as of late. . .We have meet planned for the middle of October. Please feel free to join up. We welcome all those wanting to meet new people. Oh and my BF can help with Starwood room discounts if anyone is interested.
8/2007 - ASMu, 5/2008 - Pop, 8/2008 - POR & BWI, 9/2008 - POFQ, 12/2008 - Offsite, 3/2009 POR, 5/2009 - Pop, 7/2009 AKL. 10/2009 AKV and SSR, 1/2010 Grand California Villas, 2/2010 BLT, 5/2010 BWV, 7/2010 Pop
Old 03-24-2012, 04:15 AM   #2156
nurse.darcy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
My US/IOA passport is burning a hole in my pocket. . .need friends willing to go. My BF is not into it. I go when I can but prefer to not do solo. Hopefully, some of the DISmeet crowd will want a day trip.
8/2007 - ASMu, 5/2008 - Pop, 8/2008 - POR & BWI, 9/2008 - POFQ, 12/2008 - Offsite, 3/2009 POR, 5/2009 - Pop, 7/2009 AKL. 10/2009 AKV and SSR, 1/2010 Grand California Villas, 2/2010 BLT, 5/2010 BWV, 7/2010 Pop
Old 03-24-2012, 05:53 AM   #2157
bluedevilinaz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You better make it! We want our bartender!

Get the premier pass. consider it an investment and reason to make it to Florida.

I'm always up for a tall adult beverage... but sadly I doubt I'm going to get the chance to have one tonight. the parts for my new PC arrived today so I'll likely be building my new computer tonight when I get home..
Man I would need to win the lotto or Britt would have to get a REALLY great paying job. haha. I don't see either of those happening so unless someone want's to volunteer to bankroll the trip as a wedding gift we won't be down until December 2012 or sometime next year.
Old 03-24-2012, 08:05 AM   #2158
ctnurse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Welcome, you are right this Is where all the cool people hang out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ortholablady View Post
TGIF!! Hope everyone in the northeast has
been enjoying the awesome spring weather! Have a great weekend!
I know it has been so warm, the flowers are blooming and the buds are on the trees. I have even be able to sit out and enjoy a glass of wine.

Quote:
I remember the shoes conversation. I actually bought the most fantastic spring shoes.

Quote:

I have the weekend marked off on my vacation calendar. I'm thinking about staying at the BW, maybe renting points?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilinaz View Post
Man I would need to win the lotto or Britt would have to get a REALLY great paying job. haha. I don't see either of those happening so unless someone want's to volunteer to bankroll the trip as a wedding gift we won't be down until December 2012 or sometime next year.
Hopefully you can make it.

Darcy, good news that you can make it. A trip to WDW isn't the same without meeting you for a drink or two.

As for the meet, I am looking forward to meeting everyone. It's going to be a blast. Hope everyone has a great weekend. What does everyone have planned?
I have a bit to do around my house, then help DS plan his birthday party. Tonight will be spent enjoying some wine. I might even open the bottle I brought back from my vacation last weekend. Hope everyone has a great day.

Old 03-24-2012, 08:32 AM   #2159
nurse.darcy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctnurse View Post
Welcome, you are right this Is where all the cool people hang out.

I know it has been so warm, the flowers are blooming and the buds are on the trees. I have even be able to sit out and enjoy a glass of wine.

I remember the shoes conversation. I actually bought the most fantastic spring shoes.

I have the weekend marked off on my vacation calendar. I'm thinking about staying at the BW, maybe renting points?

Darcy, good news that you can make it. A trip to WDW isn't the same without meeting you for a drink or two.

As for the meet, I am looking forward to meeting everyone. It's going to be a blast. Hope everyone has a great weekend. What does everyone have planned?
I have a bit to do around my house, then help DS plan his birthday party. Tonight will be spent enjoying some wine. I might even open the bottle I brought back from my vacation last weekend. Hope everyone has a great day.
Girl, you know I gotta be there with you. We need to have our glass or so of Wine to get the weekend going. . .lol.
Old 03-24-2012, 02:42 PM   #2160
bluedevilinaz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctnurse View Post
I'm definitely not holding my breath. Thing's aren't looking too good at the moment honestly. We'll see though I guess. Got some irons in the fire a bit further back east(Dallas/Ft. Worth and Houston to be specific) so we'll see what happens.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: