Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 07:43 PM   #2131
ctnurse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTooTall View Post
Sorry for my disappearance everyone. I got a nasty bug sometime last week and spent most of the week sick. You know I'm not feeling well when I actually take a couple days off work because I'm sick.

Quite a few actually! to the SSC!

I do seem to get around a lot for someone who doesn't seem to have a reason to travel a lot....

There is just something wrong about your student coming back to school just bragging about how she got Lei'd at Disney! It's just TMI!

to the SSC! Pull up a chair, pour yourself a drink, and feel free to join in the fun here! We don't bite....hard.... (unless asked)...

We always love having people join us. I know our resident Bartender is a DL person, and we've had several other west-coaster's join us over the life of this group.

Hey! That reminds me.... How's the West Coast Regional Meet planning coming along?

Hey Darcy... I ment to hop on the other day, but since I was sick I didn't get the chance...

Happpy Belated B-day!
Hope you are feeling better! It is not fun not feeling good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by taramoz View Post
Hello friends (and new friends). I am back from my Spring Break trip with DD8 in Denver, we had a blast and I can now sort of snowboard! Rather than catch up I am just jumping back in, hope all is well. Watching the clock tick here, ready for my work day to end so I can enjoy a tasty beverage!!!

Welcome back! I just got back in town yesterday! It so good to hear you had a great time snowboarding. At least we can say we have a short work week.

Old 03-21-2012, 10:51 AM   #2132
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDilly View Post
OK that being said HI!!! lol

What's invisible and smells like carrots?

Bunny farts
(hey it's still a Dis thread lol)

-KD

You will quickly learn that we are not your "typical" DIS thread.

Which reminds me....

LaLa... if you are still lurking around here, are we doing a party at the October meet?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-21-2012, 10:53 AM   #2133
NJDiva
NJDiva Boo Boo

Quote:

Which reminds me....

LaLa... if you are still lurking around here, are we doing a party at the October meet?
do you mean "THAT party"....

Old 03-21-2012, 11:39 AM   #2134
DCTooTall

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDiva View Post
Well she mentioned she hosts party's now, so why not host one for all the wonderful people of the SSC who can make it to the big meet?

It'd be fun!
Old 03-21-2012, 11:52 AM   #2135
NJDiva
NJDiva Boo Boo

Quote:
Well she mentioned she hosts party's now, so why not host one for all the wonderful people of the SSC who can make it to the big meet?

It'd be fun!
with this group.....it would be "interesting"....we would have to have our resident bartender on standby for us...

Old 03-21-2012, 04:29 PM   #2136
DCTooTall

Quote:
with this group.....it would be "interesting"....we would have to have our resident bartender on standby for us...
Blue! Hear that?! You guys HAVE to come to WDW in October!

In other news.... I think I found out why the Princess is so popular.
http://bodyodd.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2...ym-study-shows

Old 03-21-2012, 05:19 PM   #2137
CamoMama
DIS Veteran

I just bought my Premium AP for Disneyland! I have my e-ticket!!! Just need to get down there to activate it. Planning for May 21st-23rd for the Veteran's Job Expo. Can't wait!!!!

Feb/Mar 2014 - DLR Diva Trip - GCH
Feb/Mar 2013 - DLR Diva Trip - HoJo's
July 2012 - DLR - Anaheim Carriage Inn (never again)
May 2012 - DLR - Motel 6 ~ Read my solo trip report here!
February 2012 - CBR
July 2010 - DLR - Embassy Suites
1978-1990 - DLR - multiple trips, all offsite
Old 03-21-2012, 08:35 PM   #2138
bluedevilinaz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Blue! Hear that?! You guys HAVE to come to WDW in October!
You know we wish we could guys. After having to pay for a wedding in September I doubt that's gonna happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamoMama View Post
I just bought my Premium AP for Disneyland! I have my e-ticket!!! Just need to get down there to activate it. Planning for May 21st-23rd for the Veteran's Job Expo. Can't wait!!!!
Woohooo! Have fun!
Old 03-22-2012, 05:23 AM   #2139
TheBigE
Change is inevitable, Growth is optional

Welcome to Thirsty Thursday... Anyone going for a tall adult beverage today?

Well I have been a bit busy lately, but it looks like travel will slow down a bit and I can sit back on my couch and relax for a while.

Spring is here in Europe and the weather is starting to become very nice, and perfect for sitting out and drinkiung some wine!!

Hope everyone has a great last two days of the week and let me know where we are meeting for drinks tonight, there is a nice little wine bar downtown that would work....CHEERS!!
Old 03-22-2012, 08:25 AM   #2140
NJDiva
NJDiva Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigE View Post

Well I have been a bit busy lately, but it looks like travel will slow down a bit and I can sit back on my couch and relax for a while.

Spring is here in Europe and the weather is starting to become very nice, and perfect for sitting out and drinkiung some wine!!

Hope everyone has a great last two days of the week and let me know where we are meeting for drinks tonight, there is a nice little wine bar downtown that would work....CHEERS!!
dude I am all for meeting you in Switzerland....although getting there may be a problem...
we've missed you buddy! so glad to see you back...so what exotic places have you been to lately?

Old 03-22-2012, 09:06 AM   #2141
LaLalovesWDW
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Which reminds me....

Quote:
Quote:

It'd be fun!
Quote:

I knew my ears were burning!! Oh boy... such a whirlwind my life has become since homeownership. I'm still here but everytime I come to the thread and try to reply I get lost in something else and forget. Yes yes YES! I would love to do a Co-Ed Passion Empowerment Party for October!! Yay, I get to bring toys and goodies!! I also have some fun games we can play also... Do I need the stripper pole? LOL.... Anyway, Im down for whatever. I booked a flight, but I actually think Im going to drive down.

NJDiva... whats up with May??? Ugh, Im not sure now I can go because I have to be a wedding in Orlando on may 13th and I icant take that many days off of work. I need to call you.

I hope everyone is good...blessed...thriving...and mostly staying out of trouble. Im trying to get back into the swing

Fun day trips - 1978 and 1986 * Offsite - 1990 * Offsite - 2002 * CBR - Christmas Week 2004 * CBR - December 2010* AKV - May 2011* WDW Dolphin Dec 2011* *CBR~Aug 2012* *CBR~Aug 2013*SSR ~ Dec 2013* *SSR ~ April/May 2014*

Just Me ,DD , and DK
Old 03-22-2012, 01:35 PM   #2142
NJDiva
NJDiva Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLalovesWDW View Post

I knew my ears were burning!! Oh boy... such a whirlwind my life has become since homeownership. I'm still here but everytime I come to the thread and try to reply I get lost in something else and forget. Yes yes YES! I would love to do a Co-Ed Passion Empowerment Party for October!! Yay, I get to bring toys and goodies!! I also have some fun games we can play also... Do I need the stripper pole? LOL.... Anyway, Im down for whatever. I booked a flight, but I actually think Im going to drive down.

NJDiva... whats up with May??? Ugh, Im not sure now I can go because I have to be a wedding in Orlando on may 13th and I icant take that many days off of work. I need to call you.

I hope everyone is good...blessed...thriving...and mostly staying out of trouble. Im trying to get back into the swing
I was thinking about you the other day...how was the housewarming?? I had to travel for work that week and didn't get back until late Friday. I'm still heading down and if you have other plans make them, I'm sure I'll catch you at some point. I'm there until the 5th so do what you need to, I totally understand.
and as for the *ahem* "party" depending on who the players are will tell you the direction it will go...which I'm guessing is south

Old 03-22-2012, 02:09 PM   #2143
DCTooTall

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilinaz View Post
You know we wish we could guys. After having to pay for a wedding in September I doubt that's gonna happen.

Woohooo! Have fun!
You better make it! We want our bartender!

Get the premier pass. consider it an investment and reason to make it to Florida.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigE View Post

i'm always up for a tall adult beverage... but sadly I doubt I'm going to get the chance to have one tonight. the parts for my new PC arrived today so I'll likely be building my new computer tonight when I get home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLalovesWDW View Post

Hmmmm.... Another question is who wants to play host for the party? Need to make sure we have the room for everyone, and if drinks can be easily obtained (or made), the better.

Quote:
I was thinking about you the other day...how was the housewarming?? I had to travel for work that week and didn't get back until late Friday. I'm still heading down and if you have other plans make them, I'm sure I'll catch you at some point. I'm there until the 5th so do what you need to, I totally understand.
and as for the *ahem* "party" depending on who the players are will tell you the direction it will go...which I'm guessing is south
Hmmm.... Think we might manage to get a to attend? I'm betting that would make things really interesting.
Old 03-22-2012, 08:16 PM   #2144
MICKEY88
if you keep falling off of the planet...
It might be time for a one piece
100% Male Disney nut!

Quote:
Hmmm.... Think we might manage to get a to attend? I'm betting that would make things really interesting.
Most definitely, the would be more than happy to attend

Pirate Rule #9: A pirate should always remove his hat in the presence of a bartender.
Pirate Rule #11: No pirate shall ever wear a “fanny pack”.
Pirate Rule # 17: Three-cornered hats, headbands and bandanas are the only acceptable headwear for pirates. Fedoras, bowler derbies, baseball caps, MICKEY EARS, top hats, sombreros, or anything with lace and flowers will be removed from the vessel– head included. A grace period of one minute is allowed for hats looted from a tailory.

Last edited by MICKEY88; 03-23-2012 at 12:09 AM.
Old 03-23-2012, 12:07 AM   #2145
Sfmarine
Disney is my second home

everyone. I'm new to the boards and wanted to introduce myself. I'm Mike from Pa and would move to FL just to be closer to Disney. Anyway..it seems like this is where all the cool people hang out so I wanted to say hi.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: