Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2012, 12:05 AM   #2116
NJDiva
NJDiva Boo Boo

wow! I go away for a weekend and I get new friends!! Hi-Ho to all of our new SSC-bers! so glad you found your way over here. we love meeting new people, as is always stated, please feel free to start up or add to any conversation...we tend to jump around a lot...but by all means, we love talking to new friends, especially ones we can have a drink or two (pick your poison, sprite to rum!) and just be entertained by us all. we've had a lot of people traveling to one place or another, I just got back from Washington, DC for a medical school graduation...the good thing is (actually great thing) is that the person I saw graduate is moving on to her residency is going to......wait for it......Orlando!!!!!! so I now have one more place to stay/visit when I go to Disney....I think this is sign that for the next 4 years I need to keep my AP!

NJDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 07:24 PM   #2117
nurse.darcy
DIS Veteran

Just stopping in to say hello to all the newbies. Pull up a barstool and fix a drink. . .the Bartender will be along in a day or two to help with any special requests. . .the Bar is always open here, because its always 5 O'Clock Somewhere.
8/2007 - ASMu, 5/2008 - Pop, 8/2008 - POR & BWI, 9/2008 - POFQ, 12/2008 - Offsite, 3/2009 POR, 5/2009 - Pop, 7/2009 AKL. 10/2009 AKV and SSR, 1/2010 Grand California Villas, 2/2010 BLT, 5/2010 BWV, 7/2010 Pop
nurse.darcy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-19-2012, 03:12 AM   #2118
ctnurse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurse.darcy View Post
Just stopping in to say hello to all the newbies. Pull up a barstool and fix a drink. . .the Bartender will be along in a day or two to help with any special requests. . .the Bar is always open here, because its always 5 O'Clock Somewhere.
Yes, I have to agree with Darcy no matter where you are in the world you can find someone to share a drink with....

ctnurse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 12:43 PM   #2119
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Sorry for my disappearance everyone. I got a nasty bug sometime last week and spent most of the week sick. You know I'm not feeling well when I actually take a couple days off work because I'm sick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfanatic485 View Post
Hello all semi new to the DISboards 27/m from Philly area here. Anyone else from the tristate area?
Quite a few actually! to the SSC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDiva View Post
Welcome to our happy world aka, SSC!! there are a few of use in the tri-state area....you have the PA boys (oops, sorry, pyrate and prince) the Jersey girls, our New Yorkers and everywhere around us. today is a quiet day for us, I just got back from a meeting with a customer so I needed some wind-down time since they irritated me so here I am. I actually have customers in that area and I believe our host and favorite prince has traveled in the area as well.
I do seem to get around a lot for someone who doesn't seem to have a reason to travel a lot....

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolyndianPrincessJes View Post
So, I posted a couple pages back about being jealous of one of my students who was at WDW. My jealousy had slightly subsided (even though I still love chatting with her about rides and restaurants), but today she comes hopping into school wearing her lei from the Poly, our Disney home. Sooooo wishing it was May!!!
There is just something wrong about your student coming back to school just bragging about how she got Lei'd at Disney! It's just TMI!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethannk511 View Post
Oh HI HI HI everyone!!

I may or may not have posted in here before but I was stalking, I mean BROWSING the boards and thought I'd post and say HELLOOO!!!

Jersey girl here. Love love love Disney. Trying to go the week of May 14th (which means I will, i just have to wait for the OK from work and then book it!). Probably a solo trip but I've got peeps in Orlando now so yay!!

Hope everyone's having a great night!!
to the SSC! Pull up a chair, pour yourself a drink, and feel free to join in the fun here! We don't bite....hard.... (unless asked)...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamoMama View Post
Hi! I've been posting on the DIS for a little while, before our trip to WDW in February. I'm not normally a solo tripper though, so just started coming here recently, mostly just lurking. I decided I might as well join in here as I am indeed single.

I'm 36, a divorced mom of a pair of teenaged girls and just got back from National Guard deployment to Afghanistan. So right now I'm unemployed and trying to finally finish my degree, while taking as many trips to Disney as possible.

In July I'm heading south to Disneyland with 7 adult family members and one 10 year old. I plan to ditch them all and spend most of the 5 park days on my own. I love my family, but I've been wanting to enjoy Disney without the kids or my parents for sooo long. I have a friend in Garden Grove who might just come hang out with me for a day or so, and I just can't wait. Is anyone else here closer to Disneyland?
We always love having people join us. I know our resident Bartender is a DL person, and we've had several other west-coaster's join us over the life of this group.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilinaz View Post
Finally another Californian! haha. I'm about an hour and a half from DL. I live in Palmdale with my fiance'.
Hey! That reminds me.... How's the West Coast Regional Meet planning coming along?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurse.darcy View Post
Hey Darcy... I ment to hop on the other day, but since I was sick I didn't get the chance...

Happpy Belated B-day!
DCTooTall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 08:04 PM   #2120
snitchesandmice
Mouseketeer

Tax Season, Hockey Season, and Boy Drama have all caused me to fall off the face of the earth. Just wanted to pop in to extend my apologies and make my presence known! Hi!

snitchesandmice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 09:00 PM   #2121
CamoMama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTooTall View Post
Hey! That reminds me.... How's the West Coast Regional Meet planning coming along?
Meet up? At Disneyland? Point me at the thread!

Feb/Mar 2014 - DLR Diva Trip - GCH
Feb/Mar 2013 - DLR Diva Trip - HoJo's
July 2012 - DLR - Anaheim Carriage Inn (never again)
May 2012 - DLR - Motel 6 ~ Read my solo trip report here!
February 2012 - CBR
July 2010 - DLR - Embassy Suites
1978-1990 - DLR - multiple trips, all offsite
CamoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 12:38 AM   #2122
MICKEY88
if you keep falling off of the planet...
It might be time for a one piece
100% Male Disney nut!

Quote:
Sorry for my disappearance everyone. I got a nasty bug sometime last week and spent most of the week sick. You know I'm not feeling well when I actually take a couple days off work because I'm sick.

Quite a few actually! to the SSC!

I do seem to get around a lot for someone who doesn't seem to have a reason to travel a lot....

There is just something wrong about your student coming back to school just bragging about how she got Lei'd at Disney! It's just TMI!

to the SSC! Pull up a chair, pour yourself a drink, and feel free to join in the fun here! We don't bite....hard.... (unless asked)...

We always love having people join us. I know our resident Bartender is a DL person, and we've had several other west-coaster's join us over the life of this group.

Hey Darcy... I ment to hop on the other day, but since I was sick I didn't get the chance...

Happpy Belated B-day!
I hope the Prince is feeling better ~!!

Pirate Rule #9: A pirate should always remove his hat in the presence of a bartender.
Pirate Rule #11: No pirate shall ever wear a “fanny pack”.
Pirate Rule # 17: Three-cornered hats, headbands and bandanas are the only acceptable headwear for pirates. Fedoras, bowler derbies, baseball caps, MICKEY EARS, top hats, sombreros, or anything with lace and flowers will be removed from the vessel– head included. A grace period of one minute is allowed for hats looted from a tailory.
MICKEY88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 10:45 AM   #2123
DCTooTall

Quote:
Originally Posted by snitchesandmice View Post
Tax Season, Hockey Season, and Boy Drama have all caused me to fall off the face of the earth. Just wanted to pop in to extend my apologies and make my presence known! Hi!
Don't feel too bad. a lot of us here seem to be dealing with the earth losing it's gravitational pull lately.

Quote:
Meet up? At Disneyland? Point me at the thread!
You are in it. We are planning on a couple SSC meets this year. Details are going to be put on the first post as they are decided upon, but after last year we decided to try and have a West Coast Regional meet (Disneyland.... I think Blue was thinking May timeframe since he's coordinating that one), an East Coast Regional meet (still undecided, but likely to be held at one of the many amusement parks up the the northeast area due to the high concentration of people in the region. Last year we ended up doing a Hershey Meet, so we may repeat that or do something different)... and then a "big" Disney Meet at WDW on (and around) October 13th. Still working on details, but I'm sure our 2 Houston 's who decided to plan that one will come thru with plans/ideas for the meetup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICKEY88 View Post
I hope the Prince is feeling better ~!!
Compared to last week....

Still feeling a bit... off... but I'm doing better.
Old 03-20-2012, 01:50 PM   #2124
disney-inspired

Disney on the brain 24/7/365!
*grumble* stupid cm *grumble*

Too much stuff going on in this thread, where do I begin!?

disney-inspired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 01:56 PM   #2125
DCTooTall

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney-inspired View Post
Too much stuff going on in this thread, where do I begin!?

Pretty much whereever you want to. We tend to have conversational ADD here and jump around quite a bit.
Old 03-20-2012, 02:40 PM   #2126
CamoMama
DIS Veteran

Quote:

You are in it. We are planning on a couple SSC meets this year. Details are going to be put on the first post as they are decided upon, but after last year we decided to try and have a West Coast Regional meet (Disneyland.... I think Blue was thinking May timeframe since he's coordinating that one), an East Coast Regional meet (still undecided, but likely to be held at one of the many amusement parks up the the northeast area due to the high concentration of people in the region. Last year we ended up doing a Hershey Meet, so we may repeat that or do something different)... and then a "big" Disney Meet at WDW on (and around) October 13th. Still working on details, but I'm sure our 2 Houston 's who decided to plan that one will come thru with plans/ideas for the meetup.
Sweet. My birthday is in May, but I already have a trip planned in July. There's also a Veteran's Job Expo in May that I've been toying with attending, if the timeframe is compatible I may have two reasons to be there and could justify it. I wouldn't be able to make it to WDW this year, as I'm planning two trips to Florida early next year, but I'm going to be buying a premier pass before those trips and plan to keep it up, so in future when I can take the time and have the money for airfare I'm totally down for that.

Feb/Mar 2014 - DLR Diva Trip - GCH
Feb/Mar 2013 - DLR Diva Trip - HoJo's
July 2012 - DLR - Anaheim Carriage Inn (never again)
May 2012 - DLR - Motel 6 ~ Read my solo trip report here!
February 2012 - CBR
July 2010 - DLR - Embassy Suites
1978-1990 - DLR - multiple trips, all offsite
CamoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 02:54 PM   #2127
taramoz
DIS Veteran

I am back!

Hello friends (and new friends). I am back from my Spring Break trip with DD8 in Denver, we had a blast and I can now sort of snowboard! Rather than catch up I am just jumping back in, hope all is well. Watching the clock tick here, ready for my work day to end so I can enjoy a tasty beverage!!!
Old 03-20-2012, 04:18 PM   #2128
SgtClaymore
Mouseketeer

Sipping on a nice 12 year reading the social hour. Hello there!
Old 03-20-2012, 05:51 PM   #2129
DCTooTall

Quote:
Sweet. My birthday is in May, but I already have a trip planned in July. There's also a Veteran's Job Expo in May that I've been toying with attending, if the timeframe is compatible I may have two reasons to be there and could justify it. I wouldn't be able to make it to WDW this year, as I'm planning two trips to Florida early next year, but I'm going to be buying a premier pass before those trips and plan to keep it up, so in future when I can take the time and have the money for airfare I'm totally down for that.
Sounds like you should just get the Premier pass at DisneyLand in May to cover your July DL trip, and your 2 planned WDW trips next year. Then if you can find a good airfare deal you can join us in October.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtClaymore View Post
Sipping on a nice 12 year reading the social hour. Hello there!
Old 03-20-2012, 05:59 PM   #2130
KDilly
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Pretty much whereever you want to. We tend to have conversational ADD here and jump around quite a bit.

OK that being said HI!!! lol

What's invisible and smells like carrots?

Bunny farts
(hey it's still a Dis thread lol)

-KD

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: