Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2012, 01:03 PM   #2101
NJDiva
NJDiva Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfanatic485 View Post
Hello all semi new to the DISboards 27/m from Philly area here. Anyone else from the tristate area?
Welcome to our happy world aka, SSC!! there are a few of use in the tri-state area....you have the PA boys (oops, sorry, pyrate and prince) the Jersey girls, our New Yorkers and everywhere around us. today is a quiet day for us, I just got back from a meeting with a customer so I needed some wind-down time since they irritated me so here I am. I actually have customers in that area and I believe our host and favorite prince has traveled in the area as well.

Old 03-13-2012, 01:16 PM   #2102
disneyfanatic485
Earning My Ears

Don't you love customers who irritate you and ruin the day? Similar issues here but nothing so far today knock on wood! I do have a meeting in the next hour so that should be interesting hopefully they're in a good mood.

Glad to see there are some people relatively close to my area. What part of Jersey are you from?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-13-2012, 01:25 PM   #2103
PolyndianPrincessJes
Alias: TotalSnowWhite
I'm a Snapfish/Shutterfly/Winkflash addict
Yes, you totally can do that, and I do!!!

So, I posted a couple pages back about being jealous of one of my students who was at WDW. My jealousy had slightly subsided (even though I still love chatting with her about rides and restaurants), but today she comes hopping into school wearing her lei from the Poly, our Disney home. Sooooo wishing it was May!!!
Old 03-13-2012, 03:23 PM   #2104
bluedevilinaz
DIS Veteran

Well after 2 weeks off I got the go ahead yesterday to go back to work! Didn't feel too bad after a 10 hour shift. 3 more to go though so we'll see how my knee holds out. I may or may not work OT this weekend depending on how bad my knee gets.

In other news I got my taxes done and I'm actually getting money back! woohoo! haha. More money to put towards my wedding and AP's for DL. XD

Welcome to all our newbies! Feel free to pull up a stool and join in the conversation and enjoy some libations!
Old 03-13-2012, 05:09 PM   #2105
MICKEY88
if you keep falling off of the planet...
It might be time for a one piece
100% Male Disney nut!

The walks into the room, hangs a sign above his recliner picks up his favorite bottle of Calico Jack, and sits down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTooTall View Post
Oh!! ! FYI.... looks like the first outdoor drum circle at the river is scheduled for Tomorrow based off a facebook invite email I got this weekend. Just thought I'd pass along the info.
thanks, I joined the meetup group so I get all their emails, was planning on going to get pics, but as always work is getting in the way

Pirate Rule #9: A pirate should always remove his hat in the presence of a bartender.
Pirate Rule #11: No pirate shall ever wear a “fanny pack”.
Pirate Rule # 17: Three-cornered hats, headbands and bandanas are the only acceptable headwear for pirates. Fedoras, bowler derbies, baseball caps, MICKEY EARS, top hats, sombreros, or anything with lace and flowers will be removed from the vessel– head included. A grace period of one minute is allowed for hats looted from a tailory.

Last edited by MICKEY88; 03-13-2012 at 05:43 PM.
Old 03-14-2012, 09:54 AM   #2106
ahoff
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyWorldTraveller View Post
When I registered I was asked about expected time and I stuffed up and put 2.5hrs. If u think it'll take less than 2 hours u need proof from a prior timed official run... Then u get put in the 1st corral so yes sounds like they've amended that. I stuffed up though... Wonder if I can change it. Though this will be my first run for an event so I have no proof time yet.
I haven't registered yet, so didn't see that. I do have a room and airfare already though! It is normal for disney races though in asking for a time. My first race I used my ToT time and they moved me up, so you will just have to do a 10K sometime in the next few months!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDiva View Post
Today is a quiet day for us, I just got back from a meeting with a customer so I needed some wind-down time since they irritated me so here I am.
Quote:
Don't you love customers who irritate you and ruin the day?

Ha, reminds me of the scene from Clerks, where a customer asks what the cat's (who is walking on the counter in the store) name is and the clerk replys "annoying customer".
Old 03-14-2012, 11:13 AM   #2107
NJDiva
NJDiva Boo Boo

Quote:
Don't you love customers who irritate you and ruin the day? Similar issues here but nothing so far today knock on wood! I do have a meeting in the next hour so that should be interesting hopefully they're in a good mood.

Glad to see there are some people relatively close to my area. What part of Jersey are you from?
I live right outside of Princeton but work in Edison. it didn't just end there, once I got back to the office, my other office called and needed me to come down TODAY and do training for a project that starts on Monday...nothing like waiting until the last minute. so last night I drove south and here I am...just out of 5 hrs of training and now I have to do my paperwork. I think they do this just to irritate me (especially my own office) because they know I will eventually start screaming.....that's when I know it's time for me to head to the Mouse! 45 days and I'm outta here!! I just found out I have to travel the next 2 weeks out of state (Williamsport, PA, Newburgh, NY, Albany, NY and Bristol, CT) all for training. so glad I love my job!

Old 03-14-2012, 05:25 PM   #2108
MICKEY88
if you keep falling off of the planet...
It might be time for a one piece
100% Male Disney nut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDiva View Post
I live right outside of Princeton but work in Edison. it didn't just end there, once I got back to the office, my other office called and needed me to come down TODAY and do training for a project that starts on Monday...nothing like waiting until the last minute. so last night I drove south and here I am...just out of 5 hrs of training and now I have to do my paperwork. I think they do this just to irritate me (especially my own office) because they know I will eventually start screaming.....that's when I know it's time for me to head to the Mouse! 45 days and I'm outta here!! I just found out I have to travel the next 2 weeks out of state (Williamsport, PA, Newburgh, NY, Albany, NY and Bristol, CT) all for training. so glad I love my job!
welcome back to PA..LOL

Pirate Rule #9: A pirate should always remove his hat in the presence of a bartender.
Pirate Rule #11: No pirate shall ever wear a “fanny pack”.
Pirate Rule # 17: Three-cornered hats, headbands and bandanas are the only acceptable headwear for pirates. Fedoras, bowler derbies, baseball caps, MICKEY EARS, top hats, sombreros, or anything with lace and flowers will be removed from the vessel– head included. A grace period of one minute is allowed for hats looted from a tailory.
Old 03-14-2012, 05:29 PM   #2109
Rhongepooh
I must ponder this news

Anyone here around New Orleans? I SERIOUSLY need to find a special someone and that WILL include someone who already loves disney!
Old 03-15-2012, 08:19 PM   #2110
ortholablady
DIS Veteran

Hey singles social club people! Just wanted to say hi and I think I actually figured out how to post a link to my TR if anyone is interested. I have fallen behind a bit. One of my coworkers decided to leave and we had to hire someone else. All hell has broken loose since she left. Yeah we hired a replacement but it means training and me being pulled away to work with patients and not doing my main job (if you ever had braces and had to wear a retainer, that's what I do, I make the retainers) which is not really such a bad thing as an hourly worker. I am still interested in the October meet. I may actually be bringing my coworker that left. She is actually a good friend even though she is only 20 and I am 51. She's never been to Disney and really wants to so I would love for her to come with me. Her mom and I are the same age and also work in the same office and are good friends. I'm trying to get mom to come in Oct. also. Mom is basically a single also. (long story)

Dont know what the H*** is going on with DH as far as the big D. He told me he wanted this on Jan 25th and other than a couple days later wanting some financial info has not mentioned it again. So, in the mean time I need to get a life, and enjoy it and meet new people. So, as soon as Jetblue has some decent fares I will be booking airfare so I can be there on Oct 13th! I really am looking forward to meeting some of you crazy DISboard peeps! haha!
Old 03-15-2012, 08:54 PM   #2111
Bethannk511
Mouseketeer

Oh HI HI HI everyone!!

I may or may not have posted in here before but I was stalking, I mean BROWSING the boards and thought I'd post and say HELLOOO!!!

Jersey girl here. Love love love Disney. Trying to go the week of May 14th (which means I will, i just have to wait for the OK from work and then book it!). Probably a solo trip but I've got peeps in Orlando now so yay!!

Hope everyone's having a great night!!
Old 03-15-2012, 10:04 PM   #2112
CamoMama
DIS Veteran

Hi! I've been posting on the DIS for a little while, before our trip to WDW in February. I'm not normally a solo tripper though, so just started coming here recently, mostly just lurking. I decided I might as well join in here as I am indeed single.

I'm 36, a divorced mom of a pair of teenaged girls and just got back from National Guard deployment to Afghanistan. So right now I'm unemployed and trying to finally finish my degree, while taking as many trips to Disney as possible.

In July I'm heading south to Disneyland with 7 adult family members and one 10 year old. I plan to ditch them all and spend most of the 5 park days on my own. I love my family, but I've been wanting to enjoy Disney without the kids or my parents for sooo long. I have a friend in Garden Grove who might just come hang out with me for a day or so, and I just can't wait. Is anyone else here closer to Disneyland?

Feb/Mar 2014 - DLR Diva Trip - GCH
Feb/Mar 2013 - DLR Diva Trip - HoJo's
July 2012 - DLR - Anaheim Carriage Inn (never again)
May 2012 - DLR - Motel 6 ~ Read my solo trip report here!
February 2012 - CBR
July 2010 - DLR - Embassy Suites
1978-1990 - DLR - multiple trips, all offsite
Old 03-16-2012, 02:25 AM   #2113
bfost87
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethannk511 View Post
Oh HI HI HI everyone!!

I may or may not have posted in here before but I was stalking, I mean BROWSING the boards and thought I'd post and say HELLOOO!!!

Jersey girl here. Love love love Disney. Trying to go the week of May 14th (which means I will, i just have to wait for the OK from work and then book it!). Probably a solo trip but I've got peeps in Orlando now so yay!!

Hope everyone's having a great night!!
I'll be in WDW for three months starting May 6th!
Old 03-16-2012, 07:46 AM   #2114
bluedevilinaz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamoMama View Post
Hi! I've been posting on the DIS for a little while, before our trip to WDW in February. I'm not normally a solo tripper though, so just started coming here recently, mostly just lurking. I decided I might as well join in here as I am indeed single.

I'm 36, a divorced mom of a pair of teenaged girls and just got back from National Guard deployment to Afghanistan. So right now I'm unemployed and trying to finally finish my degree, while taking as many trips to Disney as possible.

In July I'm heading south to Disneyland with 7 adult family members and one 10 year old. I plan to ditch them all and spend most of the 5 park days on my own. I love my family, but I've been wanting to enjoy Disney without the kids or my parents for sooo long. I have a friend in Garden Grove who might just come hang out with me for a day or so, and I just can't wait. Is anyone else here closer to Disneyland?
Finally another Californian! haha. I'm about an hour and a half from DL. I live in Palmdale with my fiance'.
Old 03-16-2012, 10:31 PM   #2115
CamoMama
DIS Veteran

Yay! We're not close to DL really, it's about an 8-10 hour drive depending on traffic, but at least we can drive and don't have to fly.

I may have just added 2 more adults to our July trip. A friend of mine and his GF may join me and we'll take my car, that makes 11 of us! Ack!

Feb/Mar 2014 - DLR Diva Trip - GCH
Feb/Mar 2013 - DLR Diva Trip - HoJo's
July 2012 - DLR - Anaheim Carriage Inn (never again)
May 2012 - DLR - Motel 6 ~ Read my solo trip report here!
February 2012 - CBR
July 2010 - DLR - Embassy Suites
1978-1990 - DLR - multiple trips, all offsite
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: