Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2011, 11:24 AM   #1561
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilinaz View Post
I've done the Motel 6 maingate(which is over 1 mile away so I always drive) and the Anaheim Plaza. I loved the Plaza because it was like $65/night(with parking) and a 10 minute walk to DL.

Sweet! I'll get the ball rolling soon. Let's shoot for like May or early October.
Just a reminder.... We are looking at Early October for the big WDW meet for F&W, so if you want to maybe try and get there, or don't want to be competing for the likes of Darcy or people who wanted to attend both, the May (or mid-summer) idea might be best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgrl377 View Post
I'm new here, and just came across this thread. I'm single and love Disney, and am wanting to meet others. I am planning on moving to the Orlando area, after the New Year. I just thought I'd say "Hello" to everyone and look forward to meeting others!
to the group!
Old 12-29-2011, 02:01 PM   #1562
taramoz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasDisneyBelle View Post
If there are both east coast and west coast meets, does that mean us Texas people are supposed to go to both?
Why is there no Texas meet?
Register to remove

Old 12-29-2011, 02:04 PM   #1563
MICKEY88
if you keep falling off of the planet...
It might be time for a one piece
100% Male Disney nut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by taramoz View Post
Why is there no Texas meet?
ummm because none of the Texas members have offered to plan one..??

Pirate Rule #9: A pirate should always remove his hat in the presence of a bartender.
Pirate Rule #11: No pirate shall ever wear a “fanny pack”.
Pirate Rule # 17: Three-cornered hats, headbands and bandanas are the only acceptable headwear for pirates. Fedoras, bowler derbies, baseball caps, MICKEY EARS, top hats, sombreros, or anything with lace and flowers will be removed from the vessel– head included. A grace period of one minute is allowed for hats looted from a tailory.
Old 12-29-2011, 02:13 PM   #1564
DisneyDee27
Disney fanatic since '75

I was crossing my fingers for an Oct. 20-27 meet

i'll be there for the F & W with 2 newbies
I was hoping to restore my honorary Diva title

Merry Belated Christmas
and Happy New Year!
Honorary Diva
Dee

DL 1975, WDW 1998, Tokyo DL/DS 2006, 2007 & 2013, Paris DL 2009, DCL Dream B2B 2011, 2013 & 2014, DCL Fantasy 2012 & 2014, HKDL 2013, DCL Magic 2014
Old 12-29-2011, 02:38 PM   #1565
MICKEY88
100% Male Disney nut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDee27 View Post

Merry Belated Christmas
and Happy New Year!
Honorary Diva
Dee
Hmm you have a pirate beside your name, are you a pirate or a Diva ??

Pirate Rule #9: A pirate should always remove his hat in the presence of a bartender.
Pirate Rule # 17: Three-cornered hats, headbands and bandanas are the only acceptable headwear for pirates. Fedoras, bowler derbies, baseball caps, MICKEY EARS, top hats, sombreros, or anything with lace and flowers will be removed from the vessel– head included. A grace period of one minute is allowed for hats looted from a tailory.
Old 12-29-2011, 02:49 PM   #1566
DCTooTall

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICKEY88 View Post
Hmm you have a pirate beside your name, are you a pirate or a Diva ??
Maybe a pirate who stole the Diva crown, earning the title honorary Diva?

Old 12-29-2011, 03:05 PM   #1567
MICKEY88
100% Male Disney nut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTooTall View Post

nah, stealing just makes one a good pirate

Old 12-29-2011, 04:27 PM   #1568
NJDiva
NJDiva Boo Boo

Quote:

OK there will be no crown stealing here! all Divas must come with their own crown. we all know what happens when a Diva is upset.....

Old 12-29-2011, 07:33 PM   #1569
MICKEY88
100% Male Disney nut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDiva View Post
OK there will be no crown stealing here! all Divas must come with their own crown. we all know what happens when a Diva is upset.....
trust me , if anyone even tries to steal your crown, or that of any of the Princesses in here, they will be keelhauled.

Old 12-30-2011, 12:34 PM   #1570
bluedevilinaz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Just a reminder.... We are looking at Early October for the big WDW meet for F&W, so if you want to maybe try and get there, or don't want to be competing for the likes of Darcy or people who wanted to attend both, the May (or mid-summer) idea might be best.
Mid summer won't happen. Too crowded and hot. I'm definitely shooting for April/May.

On another note, I was SUPPOSED to leave for Cali today buuuuuut my damn car failed emissions for a 5th consecutive time!! I really want to put a brick of c4 in the car and blow the thing to kingdom come!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I have to go spend $75 just for diagnostic plus whatever time and parts it takes to get the damn thing fixed and HOPEFULLY the shop can fix it. Otherwise I'm screwed 6 ways from Sunday. I'm at my wit's end with this damn car....
Old 12-30-2011, 12:49 PM   #1571
DCTooTall

Quote:
Mid summer won't happen. Too crowded and hot. I'm definitely shooting for April/May.

On another note, I was SUPPOSED to leave for Cali today buuuuuut my damn car failed emissions for a 5th consecutive time!! I really want to put a brick of c4 in the car and blow the thing to kingdom come!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I have to go spend $75 just for diagnostic plus whatever time and parts it takes to get the damn thing fixed and HOPEFULLY the shop can fix it. Otherwise I'm screwed 6 ways from Sunday. I'm at my wit's end with this damn car....
Hmmm....

I know in areas i've lived in there has usually been a way around the failed emissions.... Basically, if you spend $XXX in repairs to pass emissions but still fail, you can get a waiver due to the attempts to fix the car. Anything like that out there?

And also for everyone else.... I hate to get a bit political, but I thought this was something everyone should see.

http://vimeo.com/31100268

It's basically a cliff-notes explanation of the problems with the SOPA and Protect-IP laws currently being pushed thru Washington. There are some other reasons from a technical/geek standpoint as well as some scary slippery slope concerns (not to mention abuse concerns)... but this video doesn't really get into all those and I'll spare you the details. I would highly recommend watching this.

In all honesty.... these laws actually have the potential to effectively kill the DISBoards due to all the videos and images posted on the forums and liability it places on Pete and co.
Old 12-30-2011, 12:51 PM   #1572
LaLalovesWDW
DIS Veteran

Hey folks... back in West Palm Beach after wrapping up three hellish days at WDW for the young princess' belated birthday drive-by... www.NEVERAGAIN.com is all Im saying about going to WDW the week between Christmas and New Years. By noon I wanted to karate chop every child in there and smack the next person to run over my heel with their stroller...smh. 90 minutes wait average a ride... not I. The highlights were that we stayed at the Dolphin which was surprisingly nice, and got upgraded because our room wasn't ready. Also, got to see my my CM friend that I met last May when I was at WDW. It was funny trying to find him clothes to put on over his "costume" so he wouldn't be recognized. Im ready for Feb!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDee27 View Post
You can restore it the first week of May at WDW during the Diva Days at Disney... or the Triple D's LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDiva View Post

Fun day trips - 1978 and 1986 * Offsite - 1990 * Offsite - 2002 * CBR - Christmas Week 2004 * CBR - December 2010* AKV - May 2011* WDW Dolphin Dec 2011* *CBR~Aug 2012* *CBR~Aug 2013*SSR ~ Dec 2013* *SSR ~ April/May 2014*

Just Me ,DD , and DK
Old 12-30-2011, 01:21 PM   #1573
DCTooTall

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLalovesWDW View Post
Hey folks... back in West Palm Beach after wrapping up three hellish days at WDW for the young princess' belated birthday drive-by... www.NEVERAGAIN.com is all Im saying about going to WDW the week between Christmas and New Years. By noon I wanted to karate chop every child in there and smack the next person to run over my heel with their stroller...smh. 90 minutes wait average a ride... not I. The highlights were that we stayed at the Dolphin which was surprisingly nice, and got upgraded because our room wasn't ready. Also, got to see my my CM friend that I met last May when I was at WDW. It was funny trying to find him clothes to put on over his "costume" so he wouldn't be recognized. Im ready for Feb!
Jersey week was crazy enough for me.... Definitely don't think I could handle the crowds from this week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLalovesWDW View Post
You can restore it the first week of May at WDW during the Diva Days at Disney... or the Triple D's LOL.
Wow.... I Know about D's... and Double-D's.... But Triple-D's?! Those must be dangerous!

Old 12-30-2011, 01:32 PM   #1574
taramoz
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Sorry to hear, on the car note, my car broke down the day I was trying to leave for Christmas, yes, again. I hate it, just got it back today, it's not even fun to drive because I am constantly in fear it will break down.

I may sell it...
Old 12-30-2011, 01:40 PM   #1575
TexasDisneyBelle
Love the PRINCESS; appreciate the WENCH. ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by taramoz View Post
Sorry to hear, on the car note, my car broke down the day I was trying to leave for Christmas, yes, again. I hate it, just got it back today, it's not even fun to drive because I am constantly in fear it will break down.

I may sell it...
I just bought a new car in October and it is wonderful. I actually look forward to driving the four miles to work. Have you had your car a long time? Maybe it's time for a change.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: