Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 12-27-2011, 10:34 PM   #1546
TexasDisneyBelle
Love the PRINCESS; appreciate the WENCH. ;)
 
TexasDisneyBelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 1,513

Quote:
Originally Posted by taramoz View Post
I have been away for a couple days, how many meets are planned? Southwest has a good fare sale now, bookings through August, I'd love to get something in the works....
If there are both east coast and west coast meets, does that mean us Texas people are supposed to go to both?
__________________
Louisa
Contemporary 1983 1990 Offsite 1992 Disneyland 1998 CSR 2001 Offsite 2007 CBR 2011 BW 2011
TexasDisneyBelle is offline  
Old 12-28-2011, 04:34 AM   #1547
bluedevilinaz
DIS Veteran
 
bluedevilinaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Henderson, Nv
Posts: 723

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasDisneyBelle View Post
If there are both east coast and west coast meets, does that mean us Texas people are supposed to go to both?
Only if you want to. ;-)
__________________
bluedevilinaz is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 12-28-2011, 08:49 AM   #1548
MICKEY88
if you keep falling off of the planet...
It might be time for a one piece
100% Male Disney nut!
 
MICKEY88's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Central Pennsylvania
Posts: 9,498

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDiva View Post
for a pyrate you're pretty smart!!
That's because I'm not just a Pyrate, I'm "The Pyrate"...
__________________



Pirate Rule #9: A pirate should always remove his hat in the presence of a bartender.
Pirate Rule #11: No pirate shall ever wear a “fanny pack”.
Pirate Rule # 17: Three-cornered hats, headbands and bandanas are the only acceptable headwear for pirates. Fedoras, bowler derbies, baseball caps, MICKEY EARS, top hats, sombreros, or anything with lace and flowers will be removed from the vessel– head included. A grace period of one minute is allowed for hats looted from a tailory.
MICKEY88 is offline  
Old 12-28-2011, 09:44 AM   #1549
disneypryncess
DIS Veteran
 
disneypryncess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 516

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTooTall View Post
Oh Wow....

Just got an announcement in my Email from Universal that the Jaws ride and the entire Amity section of the studio's will be closing on Jan 2nd.

I'm speechless....
Sorry, I'm so late on this....been out of the loop for a few wks! But I got a Passholder postcard thing in the mail & was just shocked! Jaws was classic!
__________________
2012-DCL Magic, Art of Animation
2011-WL & GF & DCL Dream & DL-Paradise Pier
2010-Poly & ASMo & Uni Royal Pac,2009-YC
2008-Poly & DCL Wonder & Uni Hard Rock, Royal Pac
2007-DCL Magic, 2006-AKL & Pop
2005-WL, 2004-Cont, 2003-CS & ASMu
2002-BC, 2001-POR, Uni Portofino Bay & Hard Rock
2000-Poly, 1999-POFQ
1998-Disney Institute, 1997-ASSp, 1996-CBR
disneypryncess is offline  
Old 12-28-2011, 09:50 AM   #1550
disneypryncess
DIS Veteran
 
disneypryncess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 516

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneydaveCT View Post
It has been quite some time since I popped into this thread, but I want to share some exciting news with people that I know on this thread.

For those who are connected with me on FB this will be old news. But at the end of December I will be moving to Tallahassee to begin a new job in early January. I can't wait to start the new job as well as being 4 hours away from WDW after I complete the move.
Congratulations!!!
__________________
2012-DCL Magic, Art of Animation
2011-WL & GF & DCL Dream & DL-Paradise Pier
2010-Poly & ASMo & Uni Royal Pac,2009-YC
2008-Poly & DCL Wonder & Uni Hard Rock, Royal Pac
2007-DCL Magic, 2006-AKL & Pop
2005-WL, 2004-Cont, 2003-CS & ASMu
2002-BC, 2001-POR, Uni Portofino Bay & Hard Rock
2000-Poly, 1999-POFQ
1998-Disney Institute, 1997-ASSp, 1996-CBR
disneypryncess is offline  
Old 12-28-2011, 10:01 AM   #1551
disneypryncess
DIS Veteran
 
disneypryncess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 516

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew015 View Post
Hey everyone!

Just checking in to wish everyone a happy Saturday. I'm happy to report that my Christmas tree is finally up, and the house is looking quite festive. I'm definitely on board with our resident Pirate / bartender in enjoying a rum & coke by the fire admiring all of my hard work.

In even better news, I learned this week that I will be the proud owner of a slice of DVC heaven at the Villas Wilderness Lodge! That should up my Disney singles "stock" ever so slightly

So it's definitely been a good week with reason to celebrate. Hope everyone is having an enjoyable weekend!
Congratulations!!!!
__________________
2012-DCL Magic, Art of Animation
2011-WL & GF & DCL Dream & DL-Paradise Pier
2010-Poly & ASMo & Uni Royal Pac,2009-YC
2008-Poly & DCL Wonder & Uni Hard Rock, Royal Pac
2007-DCL Magic, 2006-AKL & Pop
2005-WL, 2004-Cont, 2003-CS & ASMu
2002-BC, 2001-POR, Uni Portofino Bay & Hard Rock
2000-Poly, 1999-POFQ
1998-Disney Institute, 1997-ASSp, 1996-CBR
disneypryncess is offline  
Old 12-28-2011, 10:46 AM   #1552
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo
 
DCTooTall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: York, PA
Posts: 5,957

Quote:
Originally Posted by taramoz View Post
I have been away for a couple days, how many meets are planned? Southwest has a good fare sale now, bookings through August, I'd love to get something in the works....
Unfortunately, I don't think we have any dates planned yet. The Disney Meet in Florida wouldn't be until October most likely.

As for the east coast meet.... hey, we just decided to do the dual meet thing, give us time!

Any of the east coaster's have a preference for when this summer? or where? I think the current candidates are Cedar Park, Hershey, Dorney Park, I guess Kings Dominion (South of DC), or one of the Six Flags parks (Where are they? New Jersey and Baltimore/DC areas?)



Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilinaz View Post
I'm willing to plan the west coast meet if there's anyone interested in it. I'm definitely getting an annual pass when I can afford it(might be a few months though, haha) DF has never been to DL or WDW so I will definitely be converting her It's cheaper to stay off site right across harbor blvd than it is to stay on property at DL though that's for darn sure!
So we have a volunteer for the west coast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasDisneyBelle View Post
If there are both east coast and west coast meets, does that mean us Texas people are supposed to go to both?
if you can swing it and want too... why not? You get the meet everybody, and I hear those TX Princesses are pretty popular.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneypryncess View Post
Sorry, I'm so late on this....been out of the loop for a few wks! But I got a Passholder postcard thing in the mail & was just shocked! Jaws was classic!
It was an opening day attraction. i still remember the nightmare it was that first year with it always being closed due to technical difficulties.
DCTooTall is offline  
Old 12-28-2011, 11:22 AM   #1553
NJDiva
NJDiva Boo Boo
 
NJDiva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Central Jersey
Posts: 1,198

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTooTall View Post
Unfortunately, I don't think we have any dates planned yet. The Disney Meet in Florida wouldn't be until October most likely.

As for the east coast meet.... hey, we just decided to do the dual meet thing, give us time!

Any of the east coaster's have a preference for when this summer? or where? I think the current candidates are Cedar Park, Hershey, Dorney Park, I guess Kings Dominion (South of DC), or one of the Six Flags parks (Where are they? New Jersey and Baltimore/DC areas?)
Six Flags Great Adventure is in Jackson, NJ; Six Flags America is in the Baltimore/DC area. I am up for any of them although admittedly I live all of 20 minutes from Great Adventure and never go. as for time of year, yeah, it's gonna suck with regard to crowds no matter when you go unless it's a week day. I would say late July early August so that there's enough time between the FL meet and no one is over taxed on funds. Kings Dominion is outside of Richmond, Dorney Park is in Allentown, PA about 2+ hrs away from Hershey and of course Cedar Point is in Sandusky, OH (right on Lake Erie)...figured I would give everyone a point of reference to all of the parks suggested.
__________________
I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way...




Last edited by NJDiva; 12-28-2011 at 07:24 PM.
NJDiva is offline  
Old 12-28-2011, 11:50 AM   #1554
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo
 
DCTooTall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: York, PA
Posts: 5,957

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDiva View Post
Six Flags Great Adventure is in Jackson, NJ; Six Flags America is in the Baltimore/DC area. I am up for any of them although admittedly I live all of 20 minutes from Great Adventure and never go. as for time of year, yeah, it's gonna suck with regard to crowds no matter when you go unless it's a week day. I would say late July early August so that there's enough time between the FL meet and no one is over taxed on funds. Kings Dominion is outside of Richmond, Dorney Park is in Allentown, PA about 2+ hrs away from Hershey and of course Cedar Point is in Sandusky, OH (right on Lake Eric)...figured I would give everyone a point of reference to all of the parks suggested.
And depending upon people's time off availability, Considering with the exception of Cedar Park, the rest of the parks aren't too terribly far from each other, We could do something like a week long park-hopping kinda meet. the two parks furthest from each other are going to be either Dorney Park or Six Flags Great Adventure to the North, and Kings Dominion to the south, at about 5hrs driving time according to Google maps. So we could do a 4 or 5 park trip during the week, changing location each day.

Example itinerary could be something like for the 4 park trip:

Start in Jersey with Six Flags GA. (Out of Towners could fly into Philly, NYC, Newark, or Atlantic City).

Next day head over towards Dorney in Allentown PA.

After Dorney, We drive down to Hershey park. (about an hour or so away).

And then finish up in the DC area at Six Flags America. (and out of towners could then fly back from the DC area airports...Dulles, Reagan, or BWI)
DCTooTall is offline  
Old 12-28-2011, 11:55 AM   #1555
CoasterAddict
Queen of the Double Entendre
 
CoasterAddict's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Berlin, MA
Posts: 1,632

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTooTall View Post
And depending upon people's time off availability, Considering with the exception of Cedar Park, the rest of the parks aren't too terribly far from each other, We could do something like a week long park-hopping kinda meet. the two parks furthest from each other are going to be either Dorney Park or Six Flags Great Adventure to the North, and Kings Dominion to the south, at about 5hrs driving time according to Google maps. So we could do a 4 or 5 park trip during the week, changing location each day.

Example itinerary could be something like for the 4 park trip:

Start in Jersey with Six Flags GA. (Out of Towners could fly into Philly, NYC, Newark, or Atlantic City).

Next day head over towards Dorney in Allentown PA.

After Dorney, We drive down to Hershey park. (about an hour or so away).

And then finish up in the DC area at Six Flags America. (and out of towners could then fly back from the DC area airports...Dulles, Reagan, or BWI)
Gosh, you all could have done that with me last year...I missed Dorney though, because of the car-tastrophe.
__________________
DL Tinkerbell Halfmarathon 2013
Marathon Relay 2012 2:51:33!! Team Time 6:00
WDW Full Marathon 2011 7:02:27 -who thought that was a good idea? Oh yeah, me...
WDW Half-Marathon 2008--3:08:13, 2009--3:07:02, 2010--3:13:52 (in sleet) 2012--3:14
DL Half-Marathon 2009--3:05:17
CoasterAddict is offline  
Old 12-28-2011, 12:01 PM   #1556
MICKEY88
if you keep falling off of the planet...
It might be time for a one piece
100% Male Disney nut!
 
MICKEY88's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Central Pennsylvania
Posts: 9,498

don't forget Knoebels, the least expensive park, with great food and a few great coasters
__________________



Pirate Rule #9: A pirate should always remove his hat in the presence of a bartender.
Pirate Rule #11: No pirate shall ever wear a “fanny pack”.
Pirate Rule # 17: Three-cornered hats, headbands and bandanas are the only acceptable headwear for pirates. Fedoras, bowler derbies, baseball caps, MICKEY EARS, top hats, sombreros, or anything with lace and flowers will be removed from the vessel– head included. A grace period of one minute is allowed for hats looted from a tailory.
MICKEY88 is offline  
Old 12-28-2011, 05:23 PM   #1557
nurse.darcy
DIS Veteran
 
nurse.darcy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 6,810

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilinaz View Post
I'm willing to plan the west coast meet if there's anyone interested in it. I'm definitely getting an annual pass when I can afford it(might be a few months though, haha) DF has never been to DL or WDW so I will definitely be converting her It's cheaper to stay off site right across harbor blvd than it is to stay on property at DL though that's for darn sure!
Dude, HoJo's is the place to be. . .ya know. No one who routinely visits WDW will understand or appreciate the Offsite closeness and cheapness of the Good Neighbor Hotels next to Disneyland Resort. Seriously, since I grew up in the area, I just Priceline the 3 star and up hotels at a price I want to pay. The last time I got the Hilton at the Convention Center for 50 bucks a night. Cha Ching. . .walking distance (at least less walking than the DHS second fill parking lot) to the main gate and a deluxe hotel. Sweet - of course its been like 4 years for that. . .


Okay, I need an excuse for a West Coast Trip, so if you plan it, I will come, complete with that sweet man that I love. He needs a trip out west. . .
__________________
8/2007 - ASMu, 5/2008 - Pop, 8/2008 - POR & BWI, 9/2008 - POFQ, 12/2008 - Offsite, 3/2009 POR, 5/2009 - Pop, 7/2009 AKL. 10/2009 AKV and SSR, 1/2010 Grand California Villas, 2/2010 BLT, 5/2010 BWV, 7/2010 Pop
nurse.darcy is offline  
Old 12-28-2011, 07:34 PM   #1558
bluedevilinaz
DIS Veteran
 
bluedevilinaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Henderson, Nv
Posts: 723

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurse.darcy View Post
Dude, HoJo's is the place to be. . .ya know. No one who routinely visits WDW will understand or appreciate the Offsite closeness and cheapness of the Good Neighbor Hotels next to Disneyland Resort. Seriously, since I grew up in the area, I just Priceline the 3 star and up hotels at a price I want to pay. The last time I got the Hilton at the Convention Center for 50 bucks a night. Cha Ching. . .walking distance (at least less walking than the DHS second fill parking lot) to the main gate and a deluxe hotel. Sweet - of course its been like 4 years for that. . .


Okay, I need an excuse for a West Coast Trip, so if you plan it, I will come, complete with that sweet man that I love. He needs a trip out west. . .
I've done the Motel 6 maingate(which is over 1 mile away so I always drive) and the Anaheim Plaza. I loved the Plaza because it was like $65/night(with parking) and a 10 minute walk to DL.

Sweet! I'll get the ball rolling soon. Let's shoot for like May or early October.
__________________
bluedevilinaz is offline  
Old 12-28-2011, 09:22 PM   #1559
wdwgrl377
Earning My Ears
 
wdwgrl377's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 5

I'm new here, and just came across this thread. I'm single and love Disney, and am wanting to meet others. I am planning on moving to the Orlando area, after the New Year. I just thought I'd say "Hello" to everyone and look forward to meeting others!
__________________
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney

Me (34) - Been to WDW so many times, I've lost count!

Last trip: Oct 25 - Nov 8th - Pop Century
Next Up: Working on plans now
wdwgrl377 is offline  
Old 12-28-2011, 10:03 PM   #1560
DisneydaveCT
DIS Veteran
 
DisneydaveCT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Tallahassee, FL & Old Key West
Posts: 1,364

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgrl377 View Post
I'm new here, and just came across this thread. I'm single and love Disney, and am wanting to meet others. I am planning on moving to the Orlando area, after the New Year. I just thought I'd say "Hello" to everyone and look forward to meeting others!
Welcome to the thread. Good luck with your planned move to Orlando next year.
__________________
A Very Memorable Magical Moment: Scoring a Hole-in-One at Disney's LBV #7, 9/25/06


FUTURE TRIPS: November 18-25 at OKW & SSR. .
PREVIOUS TRIPS: 25+ trips to WDW since 1972 with stays at Animal Kingdom Lodge, Boardwalk, Carribean Beach, Contemporary; Dixie Landings, Grand Floridian, Old Key West, Polynesian, Port Orleans, Saratoga Springs Resort, & Villas at Wilderness Lodge.
DisneydaveCT is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:49 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.