Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2011, 11:14 AM   #1
TroyFamily
Earning My Ears

Disney Princess Coronation Ceremony and Princess Storytelling Schedule

Does anyone know the current Disney Princess Coronation Ceremony and Princess Storytelling Schedule? Is it pretty consistent, or very random from week to week? We will be visiting for only a few days the third week in November 2011 for our little princess' birthday and this would be a must see for the visit if at all possible. Any information about this event would be helpful and greatly appreciated. Thank you.
TroyFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 01:55 PM   #2
Disneyland 1951
Mouseketeer

]
Disneyland 1951 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-13-2011, 02:15 PM   #3
TroyFamily
Earning My Ears

Thank you so much this is very helpful.
I had no idea it was so often.
Seems hard to believe the Princesses have time to greet anyone at the PFF with this busy schedule
Was this today's (a weekday) schedule? Or a weekend schedule?
I know sometimes they have more shows on weekends than weekdays.
Thank you again so much for the information.
Old 09-15-2011, 10:08 PM   #4
Sleepless Knight
Jedi Knight Seeking His Jedi Princess
There's a time and a place for each

Depending on when the Royal Walk portion of the PFF closes, there may be additional shows for storytelling and coronation. I've seen the last coronation happen at 5:15pm and storytelling around 4:45pm. Check that day's times guide.

Be aware that there is no opportunity for individual photos and autographs during Storytelling. One boy in the audience will get to dance with the princess though. It's still worth seeing, but people should be aware of that.

After the coronation ends, be sure to stick around for 5-10 minutes to see if the princesses come out for a brief meet and greet. A lot of people leave right after the show either not knowing or caring that the princesses may come out for a meet and greet. The show itself offers no opportunities for individual photos, autographs, etc. Because time is limited, choose wisely as you may not be able to see all 3 princesses. I have seen CMs close down the line for a specific princess and turn guests away.
Sleepless Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 11:08 PM   #5
azdoughboy
Mouseketeer

Can you tell me which princesses this involves? Same three or rotating?

BC
azdoughboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 11:28 PM   #6
Sleepless Knight

Every time I've watched the coronation ceremony, it's always been Snow White, Cinderella, and Aurora.

I've heard that it rotates, but there have been times when the royal walk CMs announce that the only way to see those 3 is at the show because they won't be in the royal walk that day.

In fact whenever I've done the royal walk and one of those 3 is there, the other 2 are there also.
Old 09-16-2011, 12:05 AM   #7
TroyFamily
Earning My Ears

Rumor has it that I will miss all of these events anyway, as in November they only do the Coronation and Storytelling Friday thru Sunday
Can anyone verify this horrible fact?
Old 09-17-2011, 01:45 PM   #8
Sleepless Knight

While I cannot verify that per se, I did notice on the September 2 through September 8 daily times guide available at the parks, the coronation and storytelling were not listed on the times guide after Labor Day.
Old 09-17-2011, 10:18 PM   #9
YellowMickeyPonchos
Remember when everyone had one?
Podcasting from the West Coast

The Female "Bob"
Queen of Solutions

Here's the blog on this site for this activity!

http://www.disunplugged.com/2011/03/...fantasy-faire/
DVC since '93 - DL "local" and P-AP holder since '99 - Me Ian Zoe 8 and Lily 6

YellowMickeyPonchos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 02:34 AM   #10
Armadillo4
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepless Knight View Post
While I cannot verify that per se, I did notice on the September 2 through September 8 daily times guide available at the parks, the coronation and storytelling were not listed on the times guide after Labor Day.
And it's similar for the start of the Halloween season too. I was at the park today (Sept. 17) and neither the Coronation Ceremony nor the Princess Storytelling were in the Times Guide for the week of Sept. 16-22. The meet and greet "Royal Walk" is listed though for every day. I wonder if the Coronation Ceremony or Storytelling are just off the schedule temporarily or if they will come back in October or November.
Armadillo4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 04:38 PM   #11
Eeee-va
Happiest robot on Earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armadillo4 View Post
And it's similar for the start of the Halloween season too. I was at the park today (Sept. 17) and neither the Coronation Ceremony nor the Princess Storytelling were in the Times Guide for the week of Sept. 16-22. The meet and greet "Royal Walk" is listed though for every day. I wonder if the Coronation Ceremony or Storytelling are just off the schedule temporarily or if they will come back in October or November.
In previous years, IF I recall correctly, the coronation ceremony and storytelling just came back for the summer or peak seasons. But with all the changes coming to PFF with its eventual move to the Carnation Gardens area, who knows?
Eeee-va is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 06:48 PM   #12
marciemouse
Raised on Disney

The coronation ceremony and storytelling were NOT offered on our most recent trip (Sept. 8-11) despite it being a weekend. Thankfully, our DD's got their princess fix with the parade, which we saw twice. Good luck!

Cruisin' With Mickey! Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera March 2012 Trip Report

Double Dip on the Disney Wonder ~ September 2014 Trip Report

Ramada Maingate February 2014--First time as a family of five! Ramada Maingate July 2013--Last time as a family of four! Ramada Maingate December 2012--Club 33! Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera November 2012--We're addicted! Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera March 2012--First Cruise! Ramada Maingate September 2011--First Trip as a family of 4! Anaheim Hilton March 2011--Last Trip as a Family of 3! Marriott Anaheim December 2010--Grandpa Jim's First Trip Marriott Anaheim October 2010--Celebrating Our 1 Year Adoption Anniversary Marriott Anaheim July 2010--Isabel's 3rd Birthday Trip Marriott Anaheim May 2010--First Time at Disneyland & First Trip with Isabel! Off Site May 2009--Quick getaway with my two favorite guys, DH and Dad Pop Century September 2008--My first solo trip! Pop Century May 2008--Finally just DH and me again! All Star Sports September 2006--With Dad and The Otters All Star Movies October 2005--Pressed penny collecting trip on the heels of Hurricane Wilma! Off Site December 2004--One last trip with Mom...bittersweet memories Off Site April 2003--With Mom & Dad Off Site May 2000--First trip with DH! And way more trips than I can count while living in Florida and then visiting after we moved!
marciemouse is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coronation, princess, storytelling

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: