Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-11-2011, 03:08 AM   #31
araes2102
Mouseketeer

Just want to say THANKS! for this thread! I pretty much have our stay planned for BWPPI or Park Vue, but always looking for more ideas!

P.S. Where is Hotel Menage??

araes2102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 05:33 AM   #32
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by araes2102 View Post
Just want to say THANKS! for this thread! I pretty much have our stay planned for BWPPI or Park Vue, but always looking for more ideas!

P.S. Where is Hotel Menage??
Hotel Manage is over I-5 north on Harbor. It gets mixed reviews though. It's a hip place for the young and partying. Not great for quiet families.

Some people don't like the noise of the 24 hour pools and the music played there most of the day that gives it a party atmosphere. Or of I-5 running behind it.

Others love the hip, boutique style hotel that it is.
skiingfast is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-11-2011, 09:41 AM   #33
MichelleVW
I call them "the people that live in my house"

Thanks for this thread!! We're going for a few days in March and I am driving myself crazy trying to figure out where to stay. Price vs further walk. Every time I decide on one I read a review that changes my mind.
Old 09-11-2011, 11:20 AM   #34
FlyingBelle
Official Tag Fairy Underwear Designer
"MacGyver's" her bras with duct tape and toilet paper
Frutty Pebbles doesn't taste the same with ranch dressing!

We're trying to find a place to stay for the end of Sept/begin of Oct this year (yes, I know - just a few weeks away!)

We're so used to staying at WDW, that trying to find a decent hotel without spending a fortune is killing me!

Any thoughts on the Carousel Inn??
Many times as a child | Fort Wilderness Campground 1996 | Off-Property Mar 1999 | CS May 1999 | ASSp Aug 1999 | Dixie Landings Jan 2000 | Dixie Landings Feb 2001| WL Feb 2002 | Disney Wonder Cruise Jan 2003 | WL Sep 2004 | Swan Feb 2005 |WL Oct 2005 | POR - Aug 2006 | WLV - Jan/Feb 2007 | WL Family Trip - Sep 2008! Bella's first trip to Disney! | Buena Vista Suites - Dec 08 | Disneyland - Nov 2009 | Disneyland - June 2010 | POP - July 2010 Disneyland - October 2010 | ASMu & Disney Wonder December 2010 | ASMu Jan 2011| Disneyland Sept 2011 | ASMu Jan 2012 | No Kids Trip! Pirate room at CB - Mar 2012| Disneyland - April 2012| Disneyland - July 2012| Disneyland - August 2012 | ASSp - September 2012| Disney Dream 3 night cruise - Nov 2012 | Split-Stay: AKL - Feb 2014/ASMo - March 2014
FlyingBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 08:32 AM   #35
nunzia
You can't top pigs with pigs, but you CAN top Toys with Toys

I didn't see the Jolly Roger on your list..stayed there for EXPO and it's right near the Convention Center and about 15 minute steady walk to park. Price was $70 a night through Hotels.com. Pros...price, rooms nicely remodeled. Cons, outside is kind of shabby, no breakfast of any kind, coffee maker is odd and makes 1 cup, no frig unless you pay extra and internet was sketchy.
Old 09-12-2011, 12:21 PM   #36
OnTheRoadAgain
DIS Veteran

Thanks all so far for the good feedback. :

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunzia View Post
I didn't see the Jolly Roger on your list..stayed there for EXPO and it's right near the Convention Center and about 15 minute steady walk to park. Price was $70 a night through Hotels.com. Pros...price, rooms nicely remodeled. Cons, outside is kind of shabby, no breakfast of any kind, coffee maker is odd and makes 1 cup, no frig unless you pay extra and internet was sketchy.
I'll add it to the list right now... for my family, I'll put it on the 2nd string list, but it's not an absolute no, IMO.
Old 09-12-2011, 01:19 PM   #37
DisneyMomma81
DIS Veteran

This Thanksgiving Weekend we're staying at Best Western Stovall's for $65 per night!! I got it through LMT I knew that I was getting that hotel *you bid without knowing till you've paid* cause I read this great tip!

Last edited by DisneyMomma81; 11-28-2011 at 03:17 PM.
DisneyMomma81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 01:27 PM   #38
OnTheRoadAgain
DIS Veteran

I just updated a bunch of the hotels' amenities, but not quite all yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMomma81 View Post
This Thanksgiving Weekend we're staying at Best Western Stovall's for $65 per night!! I got it through LMT I knew that I was getting that hotel *you bid with out knowing till you've paid* cause I read this great tip!
Thanks for the tip!!! I've used LMT before and liked it.
Old 09-12-2011, 02:00 PM   #39
oumagic
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsoren11 View Post
We love Hotel Menage! Possibly too far to walk for some (10 minutes) but a 24 hour pool, cheap poolside food 5 bucks between 4-7, and the fireworks literally fall into the pool, (yes they are that close). 85 bucks a night, we will never stay anywhere else.
We liked it and would possibly stay there again and posted a review. However, I think 10 minutes walking is faster than many with families will manage. My son and I did a one day trip in May and got this hotel through Hotwire and timed the walk there at 14 minutes; back it was a bit longer.
oumagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 04:22 PM   #40
marciemouse
Raised on Disney

We just stayed at the Ramada Maingate for $64.25 per night. It was great. Here's a link to my review with pics.

Cruisin' With Mickey! Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera March 2012 Trip Report

Double Dip on the Disney Wonder ~ September 2014 Trip Report

Ramada Maingate February 2014--First time as a family of five! Ramada Maingate July 2013--Last time as a family of four! Ramada Maingate December 2012--Club 33! Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera November 2012--We're addicted! Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera March 2012--First Cruise! Ramada Maingate September 2011--First Trip as a family of 4! Anaheim Hilton March 2011--Last Trip as a Family of 3! Marriott Anaheim December 2010--Grandpa Jim's First Trip Marriott Anaheim October 2010--Celebrating Our 1 Year Adoption Anniversary Marriott Anaheim July 2010--Isabel's 3rd Birthday Trip Marriott Anaheim May 2010--First Time at Disneyland & First Trip with Isabel! Off Site May 2009--Quick getaway with my two favorite guys, DH and Dad Pop Century September 2008--My first solo trip! Pop Century May 2008--Finally just DH and me again! All Star Sports September 2006--With Dad and The Otters All Star Movies October 2005--Pressed penny collecting trip on the heels of Hurricane Wilma! Off Site December 2004--One last trip with Mom...bittersweet memories Off Site April 2003--With Mom & Dad Off Site May 2000--First trip with DH! And way more trips than I can count while living in Florida and then visiting after we moved!
marciemouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 04:46 PM   #41
OnTheRoadAgain
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marciemouse View Post
We just stayed at the Ramada Maingate for $64.25 per night. It was great. Here's a link to my review with pics.
You really got a super deal! I couldn't book more than 1 1/2 months ahead for my stay due to our family's unknown schedule this fall... and I needed a refundable rate in case of emergency, so I had to pay a little more. I was able to reserve the deluxe two queen for $100.
Old 09-12-2011, 04:49 PM   #42
marciemouse
Raised on Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheRoadAgain View Post
You really got a super deal! I couldn't book more than 1 1/2 months ahead for my stay due to our family's unknown schedule this fall... and I needed a refundable rate in case of emergency, so I had to pay a little more. I was able to reserve the deluxe two queen for $100.
Be sure to call the hotel and ask to apply the tripadvisor $10 off per night coupon if you didn't already! And make sure you request a renovated room!

Cruisin' With Mickey! Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera March 2012 Trip Report

Double Dip on the Disney Wonder ~ September 2014 Trip Report

Ramada Maingate February 2014--First time as a family of five! Ramada Maingate July 2013--Last time as a family of four! Ramada Maingate December 2012--Club 33! Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera November 2012--We're addicted! Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera March 2012--First Cruise! Ramada Maingate September 2011--First Trip as a family of 4! Anaheim Hilton March 2011--Last Trip as a Family of 3! Marriott Anaheim December 2010--Grandpa Jim's First Trip Marriott Anaheim October 2010--Celebrating Our 1 Year Adoption Anniversary Marriott Anaheim July 2010--Isabel's 3rd Birthday Trip Marriott Anaheim May 2010--First Time at Disneyland & First Trip with Isabel! Off Site May 2009--Quick getaway with my two favorite guys, DH and Dad Pop Century September 2008--My first solo trip! Pop Century May 2008--Finally just DH and me again! All Star Sports September 2006--With Dad and The Otters All Star Movies October 2005--Pressed penny collecting trip on the heels of Hurricane Wilma! Off Site December 2004--One last trip with Mom...bittersweet memories Off Site April 2003--With Mom & Dad Off Site May 2000--First trip with DH! And way more trips than I can count while living in Florida and then visiting after we moved!
marciemouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 05:31 PM   #43
spacemermaid
DIS Veteran

Quote:
This Thanksgiving Weekend we're staying at Best Western Stovall's for $65 per night!! I got it through LMT I knew that I was getting that hotel *you bid with out knowing till you've paid* cause I read this great tip!
Please let us all know how it went when you get back! I went ahead and booked BWPPI via their own website for my December trip as I couldn't find any recent reviews of completed stays using LMT. I had read some very unfavorable reviews (of LMT hotel reservations, not of Stovall's) but they were all a couple of years old. If a fellow Disboard-er gives a good review, I won't hesitate next time to book my hotel through LMT. $65 is an AWESOME price for Stovall's!

Lifelong Disney fan!
spacemermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 06:57 PM   #44
mysteriouspnai
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I used it too to get Anaheim Quality Inn and Suites for $40 per night. We're broke college kids, so we want to do Disney on a super duper budget. Plus we've stayed there before so we know it's okay enough for our standards. Glad to know more people are using "the tip" xD.
mysteriouspnai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 01:40 AM   #45
ladylyons
Wishing I was closer to Disneyland

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingBelle View Post
We're trying to find a place to stay for the end of Sept/begin of Oct this year (yes, I know - just a few weeks away!)

We're so used to staying at WDW, that trying to find a decent hotel without spending a fortune is killing me!

Any thoughts on the Carousel Inn??
I loved the the Carousel. The walk was very, very short!! The only issue I had was the rooms were to small for our liking (the bathroom was huge though). The room also seemed to be crowded with furniture. There wasn't much room to walk around. We were in a King room right next door to the room where they have the continental breakfast and didn't have any issues with noise.

Wait this isn't the way to WDW! TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3346971
ladylyons is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: