Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-2011, 12:06 PM   #16
OnTheRoadAgain
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyIL View Post
I don't know where you got your prices, but when checking rates for my Sept. 27-Oct. 1 trip, Candy Cane Inn was $139 and Red Lion Inn was $76.50 (AAA). I also briefly had the Best Western Park Place Inn booked at the AAA rate of $89.10.

I ended up booking a Disneyland package at the Sheraton Park Hotel. I stayed there in 2000 when it was the West Coast Anaheim, and it was very nice. It's pretty popular among Trip Advisor posters, as it's #8 in popularity: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...alifornia.html
I didn't include the Sheraton Park Hotel because the walk was a tiny bit farther than I wanted, across Katella, but it is closer to the entrance than some I included - I had to cut down somewhere. I tried to stick to the green-shaded hotels on this map: MAP

Last edited by OnTheRoadAgain; 09-10-2011 at 12:11 PM.
OnTheRoadAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 12:12 PM   #17
SuzanneSLO
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheRoadAgain View Post
I didn't include the Sheraton Park Hotel because the walk was a tiny bit farther than I wanted, across Katella, but it is closer to the entrance than some I included - I had to cut down somewhere.
The Sheraton Park is actually closer than the Red Lion you listed and you need only cross 1 major street, instead of 2. But, I agree, it gets hard to draw a line. -- Suzanne
SuzanneSLO is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-10-2011, 12:31 PM   #18
jernysgirl
I would say head to DL first to get you "in the mood"

I like the softening of the adjectives and the new additions. I think that this will definitely help others! Great idea.
Old 09-10-2011, 01:46 PM   #19
OnTheRoadAgain
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the info on the Sheraton. Someone tell me the price, star rating and their opinion and I'll add it to the first post later.
Old 09-10-2011, 01:47 PM   #20
starshine514
DIS Veteran

Quote:
$120 2.5 Quality Inn and Suites
$70 Desert Inn & Suites (Good for huge party though)
Yikes! We're staying at the Quality Inn (on Manchester) for 4 nights in early November - for $205 total! I haven't stayed there yet, but I'm hoping it's decent. Couldn't imagine paying $120 a night for it, though... When I've checked, it's normally is around $60 - $70 a night. I have it reserved for $265 for 4 nights mid-December. I guess it depends on how early you book, though.

Desert Inn and Suites is a 2 star and it starts at $59 for a standard room and goes up from there (based on availability, it can be almost double that. So the $70 is probably about right for an average). We stayed there in May and didn't have any complaints (other than parking - $8 a day and there wasn't enough of it. Had to have the valets park the truck on night and then it was pouring the next morning, and our ponchos were in the truck!). The walk from DI&S was awesome!
Disneyland Trips -1983, 1986, May 2011 - Desert Inn & Suites, August 2011 - Super 8 on Katella, November 2011 - Desert Inn & Suites, December 2011 - Quality Inn on Manchester, January 2012 - Desert Inn & Suites, March 2012 - Desert Inn & Suites, May 2012 - Del Sol Inn, September 2012 - Del Sol Inn, November 2012 - Del Sol Inn, January 2013 - Ramada Maingate, February 2013 - Quality Inn on Manchester, April 2013 - Del Sol Inn, May 2013 - Hojo, August 2013 - Del Sol Inn, September 2013 - Desert Inn & Suites, November 2013 (one day trip!) - Welk Resort San Diego, September 2014 - Halloween Party! - Welk Resort San Diego
Disney World Trips - July 1988, January 2010 - Sheraton Vistana Resort, November 2010 (work trip - no family along) - Coronado Springs Resort

Last edited by starshine514; 09-10-2011 at 02:08 PM.
starshine514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 01:56 PM   #21
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks for the info on the Sheraton. Someone tell me the price, star rating and their opinion and I'll add it to the first post later.
The Sheraton Park is considered a superior hotel when booking a Disneyland Good Neighbor Hotel Package. It's a 3.5 star hotel if bidding on Priceline. The price is much more variable - depending on the day of the week and time of year. The lowest refundable rate for my stay (Sept. 27-Oct. 1) is $139/night + tax, with a AAA rate of $125.10. As mentioned, I booked a 4-night Disneyland package that includes a 3-day park hopper. After subtracting the $199 value of the ticket from the package, the per night cost is $126.63 - including the 18% tax. I thought it was a very nice hotel when I stayed there in Sept. 2000, but it was owned by a different hotel chain then.
NancyIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 02:49 PM   #22
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyIL View Post
The Sheraton Park is considered a superior hotel when booking a Disneyland Good Neighbor Hotel Package. It's a 3.5 star hotel if bidding on Priceline.
This is a problem with listing ratings. They need to come from a consistent source and state how they earn ratings.
skiingfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 04:40 PM   #23
ukstitch
I'm not sure I'm quite your average, typical male
I think I need to eat some humble pie
I've got a few hours of DIS chatting ahead of me tonight

Not sure if you've included it or not, but HoJo's offer a DIS boards rate worth 15% per night, which would take the cost down to $127.50 a night and also offer free internet via wifi

The DIS rate is one that never seems to expire, so it's worth falling back to if you can't get entertainment / AP rate. Just need to use the LNDB code when booking to get it

Facebook | Flickr | 500px

ukstitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 04:59 PM   #24
shamrockshake
Mouseketeer

best western stovall's now charges for parking $8 a day. and you need to pay extended on check out day. We used to stay there, but once they added the parking charge, other hotels were a better deal.

really like the sheraton park. some rooms have balconys that face the fireworks. ( not sure if new car land blocks it though) nice landscaped pool. Not a bad walk, a bit farther than candy cane. I believe they charge for parking, but you do not need to pay more if you stay past check out.

We have been staying at candy cane lately. using our AAA rate and using a 10 off per night certificate they give you after each stay, our oct rate is 103 per night ( plus tax) ( had we booked a month earlier it would have been 93 , i blew it) good breakfast yogurt, pastries, toast, peanut butter , cereal, bagels and cream cheese, fruit, coffee cocoa. free parking. family owned, so very nice employees. free shuttle and free candy canes! Pool was kept warm for night swims. parking lot nice. not just cement. fairly quick walk if you miss the shuttle. ( every 30 minutes)
Old 09-10-2011, 05:06 PM   #25
Minnie Loves Mickey
We Love Disney!!!

The Sheraton Park IMO is Great! The beds and pillows are so comfy and I am very picky about beds. If you book a Disney vacation they also give you a gift card for $25.00 a night to use in there onsight restaurants or room service. A greAt added bonus and quite often you get the fourth night free.
Old 09-10-2011, 06:27 PM   #26
wannagoback
Broke them in before the trip
We were with Goofy and Donald on the Teacups ride

Quote:
I can say that Castle Inn should stay as a "place-of-last-resort" (but it is very inexpensive and close if that is all you are looking at).
I've seen a several DISers say this, but I've stayed there twice and thought it was just fine! Of course, the rate when I broke down the package was about $50/night... I probably wouldn't pay more to stay there. So, maybe it is my "last resort" also? I think it's good for a cheap stay...

My only other DL trip has been at the DLH. I guess this means that I will be pleasantly surprised by stays at any other Harbor Blvd hotel!
wannagoback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 07:14 PM   #27
spacemermaid
DIS Veteran

Re: Castle Inn...I'll speak up, in the interest of saving fellow Disboard-ers $ and grief

To put it bluntly, I wouldn't let my DOG stay there; the Castle Inn is the Captain Kidd's of hotels. It *used* to be a decent place to stay, about 10 years ago. The rooms were kept clean and there weren't any unsavory characters roaming the grounds/fighting outside the rooms then. In fact, for a few years, I'd rent one of the suites for my birthday party/Disneyland trip, in the late 90s. My last stay was 4 years ago. I was treated to a bed with bodily fluids in it & a, how shall I phrase this on a family friendly board?, "flashily dressed gentleman and his scantily dressed female employee" having a verbal/physical altercation outside my room.

Now, I am by no means a hotel snob; I am content to stay next door, at the Anaheim Plaza, even though it's about 20 years older and not the most fancy of lodgings. Usually, though, I'll pay a little more and stay at BWPPI or Stovall's, because I love the comfy beds & the newly remodeled rooms. But unless they gut the Castle Inn, spray it down with some heavy duty disinfectant, and put all new furniture in the newly remodeled rooms (and keep better tabs on who's hanging out in the parking lot/rooms), I won't be staying there ever again.

Just my $0.02.

Lifelong Disney fan!
spacemermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 07:56 PM   #28
jsoren11
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

We love Hotel Menage! Possibly too far to walk for some (10 minutes) but a 24 hour pool, cheap poolside food 5 bucks between 4-7, and the fireworks literally fall into the pool, (yes they are that close). 85 bucks a night, we will never stay anywhere else.
Offsite WDW July,1983 : Disneyland July,1991 : Tokyo Disneyland May,1993 : Tokyo Disneyland / Disney Sea Oct,2007 : POFQ Jan-Feb,2009 DL Travelodge on Harbor Sept, 2010 : DL Hotel Menage on Harbor Sept 2011, Aug 2012
jsoren11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 09:02 PM   #29
MillauFr
Buzz & Woody

Captain Kidds. Now there is something that we can all agree on. Stay away from Captain Kidds.
MillauFr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 02:11 AM   #30
OnTheRoadAgain
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillauFr View Post
Captain Kidds. Now there is something that we can all agree on. Stay away from Captain Kidds.
That's what everybody says... my family has been given the 411 on that restaurant.

Anyway, I tweaked the original post and added some the hotels' amenities. I'll do more later.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: