Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-2012, 05:36 PM   #166
Joluru
Mouseketeer

This thread was so helpful! I just booked our room in February at the Ramada Maingate for just $63 a night on Travelocity. Yippee!
Joluru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:01 PM   #167
disneyobsessed808
Mouseketeer

I once stayed at a hotel called Eden Roc, which is right across from BW Stovall's. I guess it says something about the resort as it is not even on the list. We stayed there because it was super cheap, but it was awful! The place was dirty, with trash on top of the TV cabinet when we checked in. No wifi.

Anderson
Headed to Tokyo and Tokyo Disney Resort November 10-24, 2012. Check out my Tokyo Trip Report
Tokyo Disney Resort May 2009, Nov 2012
Disneyland Resort May 2000 (Disneyland Hotel), Jan 2001, Mar 2004, Oct 2005, Nov 2006, Annual Passholder with Monthly trips, 2007 to 2012
Walt Disney World 1987 (I was 2) Mar 1997, Jul 2002 (All Star Movies), May 2007 (Pop Century) and hopefully Sept 2013
disneyobsessed808 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-03-2012, 06:29 PM   #168
DLmama
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyobsessed808
I once stayed at a hotel called Eden Roc, which is right across from BW Stovall's. I guess it says something about the resort as it is not even on the list. We stayed there because it was super cheap, but it was awful! The place was dirty, with trash on top of the TV cabinet when we checked in. No wifi.
We stayed there once too, before it was called Eden Roc. Never again! DH had bought a Pirates of the Caribbean Jersey at DL that was stolen by one of the housekeepers. Not to mention the place was nasty and loud.
Old 12-03-2012, 06:40 PM   #169
OnTheRoadAgain
DIS Veteran

Thanks for bumping our thread! I added links to all the hotels.

disneyobsessed808 and DLMama, thanks for the info on Eden Roc. I left it off the list because I had never read anything about it on the DIS board, among other things ...also it fall just over 1 km in walking distance.

I was just playing around on wikimapia measuring distance to make sure the closest corner of a hotel falls within 1 km. If you find one that I missed, or out of order, please let me know and I'll update the first post.
Old 12-03-2012, 07:07 PM   #170
bcla
DIS Veteran

I like the Hilton, and frankly it took us about 15 minutes to walk to the main gate. It's probably bit pricier and doesn't come with breakfast (save a pricey add-on option) but we got a good rate considering the type of accommodation. It's primarily a business hotel for convention goers, but they do a nice business with Disneyland visitors. They even have a Disneyland ticket counter near the front desk. They have a concierge (in fact a couple of concierge desks) who was very helpful. The one thing that works great with this type of hotel is that they don't have room A/C. I've stayed in quite a few hotels with room A/C where I either needed to put up with the excessive noise from the fan or ended up turning it off.

The things I would note about the hotel is that parking with in/out is $16 a day, and their spaces are tiny. However, one can park on the upper floors which were practically empty when we visited. The top floor is also a good place to watch the fireworks. They supposedly charge for Wi-Fi, but we found that we got a really good signals from "attwifi" without prompting for a password or user agreement approval. I believe that came from the Starbucks in the lobby. As far as I can recall, AT&T provides Wi-Fi service for McDonald's and Starbucks, and they are on record that one doesn't need to purchase anything to use their signal. I've heard of people parking outside a location and using the Wi-Fi; they don't care. We even got a strong signal on the upper floors of the hotel.

It should get a lot better once the front entrance is open. Hotel staff told us it should be done by the end of the year.
bcla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 07:35 PM   #171
OnTheRoadAgain
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcla View Post
I like the Hilton, and frankly it took us about 15 minutes to walk to the main gate.
True. But I had to make some tough decisions. If I ever get super-motivated I will add the following groups of hotels; walkable by many:
  • On Convention Way
  • Farther south on Harbor Blvd
  • Farther south on West St
  • Behind Garden Walk
  • Near the corners of Ball Rd and Disneyland Dr
Old 12-03-2012, 08:02 PM   #172
danlkrim
Mouseketeer

Thanks for this great thread

Lot's of good info here. I will have to read later. I booked DSI&S for Feb 2013 but might change since there has been a recent report of bed bugs. Just trying to get as much info as I can. Nothing like a crummy hotel experience to overshadow a Disney vacation.
Walt Disney World Feb 2012
Disneyland and California Adventure Feb 2013
WDW Nov 2013, Jan, Feb, April 2014,
danlkrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 04:50 PM   #173
OnTheRoadAgain
DIS Veteran

I removed the prices and star ratings (too confusing and variable). I added stars to the four "favorites" that consistently come up on other threads when people are asked for their favorite nearby hotel.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:35 PM   #174
danlkrim
Mouseketeer

Thanks for tip about Costco discount at Best Western

Thanks for the tip about a discount at Best Western through Costco.
I saved about $100 overall using Costco travel versus booking directly through Best Western website.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:38 AM   #175
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheRoadAgain View Post
I removed the prices and star ratings (too confusing and variable). I added stars to the four "favorites" that consistently come up on other threads when people are asked for their favorite nearby hotel.
Nice update to the first post!

By the way, the $8 parking fee for Best Western Park Place Inn is a nightly charge not a one-time charge, and they do call it a parking fee. From my reservation from earlier this year: "$8.00 per night parking fee applies. One car per room with no RV or trailer parking."

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:07 PM   #176
danaesacto
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarwash View Post
Nice update to the first post!

By the way, the $8 parking fee for Best Western Park Place Inn is a nightly charge not a one-time charge, and they do call it a parking fee. From my reservation from earlier this year: "$8.00 per night parking fee applies. One car per room with no RV or trailer parking."
and it goes to $10 in January....
Old 12-05-2012, 06:55 PM   #177
danlkrim
Mouseketeer

BWPPI parking rate increase in 2013 and discount rate

I had a few questions about the BWPPI so I called.
The person I spoke with confirmed that the parking rate is going to $10/day in 2013. They also confirmed that there is a discount available if you are not parking a car. The rate MUST be booked directly through the Stovall Best Western website not the corporate Best Western website or over the phone.
There is limited availability for it. The parking discount is not available for all of my dates or my room type. I did book a mini suite through Costco and saved almost $100 from the corporate BW website.
Moral of the story, book as early as you can and check multiple sources for the best rate keeping in mind cancellation policies.

http://www.parkplaceinnandminisuites.com/
Old 12-05-2012, 07:08 PM   #178
OnTheRoadAgain
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the recent updates everyone. I've made the changes in the first post.

Regarding Costco and BWPPI, I have read in another post that you can call them directly and mention that you are a Costco member to get that particular discount in addition to going through Costco Travel.

Thank you danlkrim! I had no idea Costco had a deal with Best Western and Hyatt where you could book a hotel only, I thought you had to do a whole vacation package. Here is the link I found if anyone is interested.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:33 PM   #179
danlkrim
Mouseketeer

It pays to keep reading the threads

Liz - I didn't realize you could book the partner hotels (BW and Hyatt) with Costco either. Glad I looked again after seeing your original post, otherwise BWPPI was not available for my dates.
Thanks so much to you and everyone else who has contributed information to update this thread. It really provides great information. I only wish I had seen it back in September when I started my hotel search.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:21 PM   #180
Kittyskyfish
Wee little ears...

Nice compilation!

We were just at the Fairfield last week and I do concur with the information provided with the exception of "No BF". Technically, they do offer breakfast but it's not free. It's a quasi-McDonald's style breakfast menu sold through the Pizza Hut Express/Marketplace on the 3rd floor. You might change the description to $BF. "No BF" is only partially informative. There is no free breakfast but it can also mean there is no food on site. $BF implies there is food on site and it is an extra cost.

And the beds are comfy-firm. Great for stomach sleepers like me!

thanks!
Kittyskyfish is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: