Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-08-2011, 10:30 AM   #1
Enchanted88
A dream is a wish your heart makes

Smile 401 days 'till Disney!!! But who's counting?!?! 07/18

Welcome, welcome everyone!!! Welcome to my 400(ish) days until Disney countdown!! I am so very pleased to have you along for the ride!
I was trying to hold off until the big "365" rolled around to start my PTR....but let's be real here...
I'm WAAAY too excited!!
And I know I am certainly in good company around here! I am also quite certain that you all can agree with me when I say that once one books a Disney trip, your brain is already there. My brain is currently roaming the wonderful, magical Main Street USA!
So, needless to say, I can't wait until my DH and I return to my most favorite place on earth, WDW! This is my first PTR, so hang in there and be patient with me
And now, without further adieu, It's time for...
401 wonderful days of wishing I was at Disney!!!

Any good story needs a cast, and here's ours:

This is ME:
Hello, there! I'm Brandilyn, pleased to meet you! I'm a 23 year old college graduate, and complete Disney freak!! I'm married to my best friend (you'll meet him later) and we went to WDW on our honeymoon this past Feb! Totally changed me life!(marriage and WDW) haha
Favorite park: EPCOT and MK! (but it's really hard to choose..love them all!)
Favorite ride: Exp. Everest, Space Mountain, or Tea Cups!
Favorite movie: Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, and Meet the Robinsons!
That's all I've got for myself right now...you'll get to learn a lot more about me in the next 400 days! haha

This is my DH:
This is my hubby, Ben!! I just love him! He's 24 and we've been together for almost 6 years, but married for less than 1! He had a blast on our honeymoon at WDW, but he's not as big of a freak as I am! lol That's okay though, he'll come around! He likes sports and video games!
Favorite park: EPCOT..for the food. heehee
Favorite ride: Exp. Everest
Favorite movie: Robin Hood!
I'm sure you'll be hearing about all the times he just rolls his eyes at my excitement about all of this! lol

Okay, now for the trip details..(for now):
WHEN: Oct. 14-21 2012 (F&W AND MNSSHP!)
WHERE: WDW (of course!!) We'll be staying at POP for the first time, super excited!
WHY: Because I don't think I can ever go very long without a WDW trip ever again!

Well, that's all for the introductions! I'll have my first "official" post probably tomorrow!! I hope you all enjoy it! Have a wonderful day!

401 days 'till Disney!!! But who's counting?!?! --A PTR

Last edited by Enchanted88; 07-18-2012 at 08:25 AM.
Enchanted88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 12:09 PM   #2
newmommy_2010
Mouseketeer

YAY! Glad you started a PTR also. I caved in early and started mine too! Can't wait to hear more..GREAT start and we may see each other as we are there the same days and BOTH at POP!!!
Discovery Toys Independent Consultant www.discoverytoyslink.com/ashleysdtoys2011

newmommy_2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-08-2011, 01:23 PM   #3
Melora
Who are these children and why are they calling me mom?
Outranks ants in the food chain
Never be clever Grasshopper...
Smooches TF's when they're not looking

I started my trip report just a little over the year mark. Now I'm just a little under the year mark!!!

SO EXCITED!!!
Port Orleans French Quarter (Sister Trip) ~~ Dec 2005, Disney Magic Western/Cat 4 ~~ April 2006, Disney Wonder/Cat 3 ~~ January 2011

Melora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 09:15 PM   #4
Enchanted88

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmommy_2010 View Post
YAY! Glad you started a PTR also. I caved in early and started mine too! Can't wait to hear more..GREAT start and we may see each other as we are there the same days and BOTH at POP!!!
Aww yay! That's soo cool we'll be there the same time!! Maybe we will see each other!! I couldn't stand not starting my PTR...the excitement was killing me! haha I'll definately be reading your PTR as well! Have a great night!

Old 09-08-2011, 09:17 PM   #5
Enchanted88

Thanks for reading!! Just under a year for you?! That IS exciting! I can't wait until it's a year for me!! haha I know without a doubt I will be bouncing off the walls that day...my poor DH! haha
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melora View Post
I started my trip report just a little over the year mark. Now I'm just a little under the year mark!!!

SO EXCITED!!!

Old 09-09-2011, 03:45 AM   #6
gallmcduck
Gallmcduck

Hi, we too are October 2012 travellers to the world Today is the 391 day mark for us. I'm joining in on your ptr what an exciting 12 months plus it will be

Aug 1997 Offsite I Drive 14 Nights (ME & DH), Sept 1998 Offsite Kissimmee 14 Nights (ME & DH our engagement), Sept 1999 Offsite Kissimmee 14 Nights (ME & DH), Nov 2000 Poly & 4 Night Disney Wonder Eastern Cruise 14 Nights (ME & DH our Honeymoon), June 2001 Offsite Davenport Villa 14 Nights (ME, DH & family members), Sept 2002 Offsite Gulf Coast Clearwater 14 Nights (ME, DH & family members), June 2004 Offsite Kissimmee Villa 14 Nights (ME, DH, DS & family members), Sept 2005 Offsite & 7 Night Disney Magic Western Cruise 14 Nights (ME, DH, DS & family members), Sept 2006 Offsite I Drive (ME, DH, DS, DD & family members),October 2008 Offsite Vista Cay Condo 14 Nights (ME, DH, DS, DD & family members), July 2010 POR 17 Days (ME, DH, DS, DD1, DD2 & family members) October 2012 17 days Pop, Fantasy, OKW (ME, DH, DS, DD1, DD2 & family members July 2014 Gulfcoast Clearwater 3 nights, OKW 14 Nights (ME, DH, DS, DD1, DD2 & family members
gallmcduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 07:54 AM   #7
Enchanted88

Quote:
Originally Posted by gallmcduck View Post
Hi, we too are October 2012 travellers to the world Today is the 391 day mark for us. I'm joining in on your ptr what an exciting 12 months plus it will be
Thanks for joining in! I am excited to share my year long journey with everyone!! That's so exciting you are going in October too!! I've heard it's a very fun time to go! I have never been during this time, so it will be a very memorable experience!
I hope you have a great day!

Old 09-09-2011, 10:00 AM   #8
jenny105
DIS Veteran

I'm here! I love Pop Century. I've stayed there numerous times, it's a fun resort. Plenty of photo ops Looking forward to reading more about your trip.

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu/DCL ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
jenny105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 10:30 AM   #9
HeatherLassell
Queen of the PTR

I'm here too!

Sept 29-Oct 10, 2012 POR, Jan 6-15th, 2014 POR, Oct 2-6th, 2014 BCV, October 6-10th, 2014 DCL Wonder
*Heather & Melissa's Epic Adventure PTR October 2014*
*395 days of planning all lead up to this! Sept/Oct 2012*
HeatherLassell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 09:27 PM   #10
Enchanted88

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
I'm here! I love Pop Century. I've stayed there numerous times, it's a fun resort. Plenty of photo ops Looking forward to reading more about your trip.
Welcome!! Thanks for joining in!! I'm pretty excited about staying at Pop, I've heard nothing but good things about it! I love to take pics. so I'll definately be taking advantage of all the photo ops. there! lol

Old 09-09-2011, 09:28 PM   #11
Enchanted88

YAY! Glad you're here!! Maybe out PTR's will make the next year fly by!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherLassell View Post
I'm here too!

Old 09-09-2011, 11:16 PM   #12
Enchanted88

Update 9/9

Well today is the day....400 DAYS LEFT UNTIL DISNEY!! This is a big milestone for me! haha
Not only that, but that means only 35 more days until our trip is one year away! ahhh!

I can barely contain myself! lol I let my co-workers know daily how many days I have left! They are excited for us! I work at a bank as a lead teller, and even my customers ask me how many days I have left! I guess you can say I let my freak flag fly! haha

I have decided that since it's such a happy occasion, being the big 400, I would let you know a little bit more about me, and how I came to love DW!

It all started with honeymoon planning! I had always wanted to go to Disney, but I had never been. I haven't been very many places, actually. We didn't travel much when I was little, but Disney has always been the top of my list!
So, when we talked about places to go on our honeymoon, the destination was a no-brainer! Once the trip was booked, I planned, replanned and planned some more!

Here is an engagement picture of us (during the trip planning time lol)

I love that pic!!
Anywho, I planned everything I could think of, and thankfully I am very obsessive compulsive about most things, because it turns out, I did a pretty great job for a newbie trying to plan a Disney trip in 2 months! haha
I bought a DW travel book and read it everyday, and wrote iteneraries for each day and made ADRs. This was before I even knew about the DIS, so I'm quite proud of my self for being almost completley clueless and planning the trip! (this makes me even more excited for this trip, because I have even MORE knowledge!) I know I probably drove dh crazy, but thankfully he was patient and loving haha
The day finally arrived and I became a bride!!!

Excuse my closed eyes...and Ben's cheese! lol

My wedding was WONDERFUL! And what tops off a wonderful wedding??? A MAGICAL honeymoon! And when you have a honeymood at DW (disneymoon), what else could it be but magical?!!

this is about the time I fell in love....haha

this pretty much captures our personalities! haha

so pretty!

It was Feb. and I was freeeezing! But still had a blassst!

married mice!

Ahhh..I can't wait to go back! The memories are so awesome! I can't wait to go back with my dh and experience it all again!

Can't forget the food! hahaha

Well that's all I have for now... I just wanted to show you guys a little bit of what made me fall in love with DW! Best honeymoon ever! And I can't wait to make more memories in Oct. 2012!! Happy 400 days!

Old 09-10-2011, 09:46 AM   #13
jenny105
DIS Veteran

I can't see your pictures Stupid work computer blocks all the good stuff!

I have 20 days until my one year mark so that puts me at 385 days.

I want to get married in WDW but I don't think we'd be able to afford it. I'd love to honeymoon there but my DBf has a picture of Aulani tacked up & says that's where we should have our honeymoon. We're not even engaged yet but I'll take it as a good sign!

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu/DCL ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
Old 09-10-2011, 09:55 AM   #14
Enchanted88

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
I can't see your pictures Stupid work computer blocks all the good stuff!

I have 20 days until my one year mark so that puts me at 385 days.

I want to get married in WDW but I don't think we'd be able to afford it. I'd love to honeymoon there but my DBf has a picture of Aulani tacked up & says that's where we should have our honeymoon. We're not even engaged yet but I'll take it as a good sign!
Sorry you can't see the pics!! It's probably a pretty boring post without them! haha Yes, a disneymoon is absolutely amaaazing!! I highly reccommend it! But Aulani I bet is pretty awesome too!! I would love to go there some day as well! And good luck on getting that engagement ring, girl! I'm rooting for you! lol

Old 09-10-2011, 10:07 AM   #15
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enchanted88 View Post
Sorry you can't see the pics!! It's probably a pretty boring post without them! haha Yes, a disneymoon is absolutely amaaazing!! I highly reccommend it! But Aulani I bet is pretty awesome too!! I would love to go there some day as well! And good luck on getting that engagement ring, girl! I'm rooting for you! lol
lol thanks! I'll keep you posted on that development!

Me DBf Kris Mitzu

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: