Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-07-2011, 01:17 PM   #1
2Pirates2Princesses
DIS Veteran

Looking for a nice offsite suite hotel with a children's pool/water play area

We are planning on a Sea World/Lego Land trip for the end of next summer and we are looking for a nice off site suite hotel for our family of six (1 or 2 separate bedrooms) that has a children's pool and/or water play area (wading pool or zero entry pool, sprinklers, fountains, etc.). We have ruled out the Nickelodeon hotel because we are already spending $$ on both Sea World and Lego Land park tickets and the Nick hotel has a lot of extra costs such as the resort fees and having to pay extra for some of the activities like the arcade, 4D movies, character breakfast, etc. Plus, I heard the water park/pool area there gets crowded and chaotic and that kind of atmosphere would make me very nervous with my little ones and my older son who has special needs. We like hotel suites that offer a separate living room, kitchen/kitchenette, and free breakfast is always a bonus. DH doesn't want to rent a condo or house since we are only planning on a 5 night trip, plus we like having the free breakfast and housekeeping services hotels offer as well. I was looking into Buena Vista Suites, Staybridge Suites (Lake Buena Vista), and Residence Inn (Lake Buena Vista) which all have great reviews; but they don't look like they offer play areas for children or any type of children's pool. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you
2Pirates2Princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 01:02 AM   #2
sarmat1
Mouseketeer

While it doesn't have a separate kiddie pool either, if you're looking for suites, you can add to your possible list Embassy Suites - LBV. Bedroom (with extra sink which was suprisingly useful) with separate living room and kitchenette w/fridge and microwave. Great free breakfast buffet and great managers reception each night with free drinks (including alcohol) and slushies for the kids plus snacks (popcorn, etc). We were there Aug 23-30 and would go back in a heartbeat.
sarmat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-20-2011, 05:03 PM   #3
Letterhead
Mouseketeer

You can't go wrong with Sheraton Vistana Resort (several pools and a playground) or Vistana Villages (which has a new pirate themed pool).

Both offer two bedroom apartments with 3 double beds and 2 bathrooms, and they are both located at the Disney end of International Drive, which is much quieter.
Letterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 07:53 AM   #4
newmouse2008
Bigger is not always better
In my next life, I'm coming back as a man. I need the restExercise Exercise, Red Panties, Red Panties

Quote:
Originally Posted by Letterhead View Post
You can't go wrong with Sheraton Vistana Resort (several pools and a playground) or Vistana Villages (which has a new pirate themed pool).

Both offer two bedroom apartments with 3 double beds and 2 bathrooms, and they are both located at the Disney end of International Drive, which is much quieter.
I have to agree 100% with this.. Just check out what they have to offer and the great rates thru Dreams.......

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/Resor...ana/index.html
Old 09-21-2011, 12:32 PM   #5
2Pirates2Princesses
DIS Veteran

Thank you! I will definitely look into Vistana Villages.
Old 09-22-2011, 08:50 AM   #6
jeff968
DIS Veteran

You need to look at Marriott's harbor Lake. This resort would be perfect for you. It is almost within walking distance to Seaworld. The highway/Rt 4 to get to Legoland is nearby. But the resorts themeing is what you'll like best. great pools and environment that your kids will love.

Check it out.

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...s-harbour-lake

they have a pirate ship pool, slide pool, water park, and mini-golf, lots of activities. You won't want to leave.

14 Hilton Parc Soleil (DW, DD, MIL)
13, 12, 11 Hilton Parc Soleil (DW, DD with us, 2 in college)
10 Marriott Newport beach villas, California (DW, 3 kids)
09 Marriott Horizons (DW, 2 kids, MIL)
08 Marriott Cypress Harbor/Grand Vista (2 kids)
07 Marriott Cypress Harbor (3 kids)
06 Marriott Imperial Palm (DW, 3 kids, MIL, cousin)
05 Marriott Cypress Harbor (3 kids)
04 Vistana Villages/Marriott Cypress Harbor (3 kids)
03 AKL/Orange Lake (3 kids)
02 HGVC Seaworld (3 kids)
01 Vistana Resort (3 kids)
00 Radisson Resort Pkwy (3 kids)
97 Radisson Resort Pkwy (2 kids)
95 Sheraton Resort Pkwy (2 kids)
93 Dixie Landings (2 kids)
92 Port Orleans (1 child)
86 Sheraton world (the wife & I)
73 Can't remember (M&D&B&S&GM)
jeff968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 02:35 PM   #7
crazelion
Form feet and legs...form arms and body...and I'll form...THE HEAD!
Why did the monsters at the end of "Voltron" always get killed by the Blazing Sword?

Have checked the Springhill Suites and FairField by marriott near Sea World. Because I remember is a kids play area at the pool.

Thank You GumpyPirate
crazelion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 10:06 PM   #8
2Pirates2Princesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff968 View Post
You need to look at Marriott's harbor Lake. This resort would be perfect for you. It is almost within walking distance to Seaworld. The highway/Rt 4 to get to Legoland is nearby. But the resorts themeing is what you'll like best. great pools and environment that your kids will love.

Check it out.

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...s-harbour-lake

they have a pirate ship pool, slide pool, water park, and mini-golf, lots of activities. You won't want to leave.

Yes, I have looked into Marriott's Harbour Lake, but it seemed very pricey for us. All the rates that came up on the website were over $240/night for a 2 bedroom. We would definitely need to come across some sort of deal or discount for this place. The pirate ship pool area does look awesome for kids
Old 09-28-2011, 10:12 PM   #9
2Pirates2Princesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazelion View Post
Have checked the Springhill Suites and FairField by marriott near Sea World. Because I remember is a kids play area at the pool.
Thank you for this. I just looked into the SpringHill Suites by Sea World and it does have a cute Shamu themed spray/splash area for kids in the pool. The hotel suites are only studios though so I am concerned what our comfort level would be with us all in one room. We could probably handle that for a day or two at the most. Thanks for the suggestion though.
Old 09-29-2011, 12:53 AM   #10
Upatnoon
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Pirates2Princesses View Post
Yes, I have looked into Marriott's Harbour Lake, but it seemed very pricey for us. All the rates that came up on the website were over $240/night for a 2 bedroom. We would definitely need to come across some sort of deal or discount for this place. The pirate ship pool area does look awesome for kids
Harbour Lake is a timeshare resort. To get a deal there, you find someone to rent it to you. It goes for around $150 a night on Redweek.com for a 2BR, but prices vary.
Upatnoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 09:01 AM   #11
shalom
DIS Veteran

The Fountains has a nice (but not themed) children's area, however it's attached to the bigger pool. Like Sheraton Vistana it's a Timeshare resort, so you won't have daily housekeeping if that matters to you. The keen thing about the Fountains is that it's on a lake, so you can take a paddle boat or a canoe out. I've seen people fishing there, too, but I don't remember if that's something the resort supports or if they brought their own gear.
shalom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 10:49 AM   #12
tinkerbellmichelle
Mouseketeer

What about Caribe Royale? We'll be staying there on our next trip and have heard great reviews from friends and family....
Disneyland - offsite - 1985
Disneyworld - offsite - 1988
WDW - Polynesian - January 3 - 9 2009
WDW - Jan 3 - 8 2010 - Boardwalk Inn
Pre-Trip Report: The How Many Times Can We Change Our Mind Pre-Trip Report - Jan 3 - 8 2010
Disneyland - July 20 to 22 2011 Desert Palms
LegoLand, Sea World and SD zoo -July 23-27 2010
WDW and other Orlando Attractions - Jan. 11-17 - 2011 offsite (Regal Palms)
POR - 1 Night in January - 2013
Disneyland - Desert Inn - November 2014
Disneyworld - January 2015
tinkerbellmichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 12:17 PM   #13
Seeker615
DIS Veteran

Holiday Inn and Suites Maingate Universal has a cute little water play area for kids. Kind of a mini splash park. Nothing big or fancy but the kids that were using it seemed to like it.

We were in a one room suite and it was big and roomy. We had a Microwave, full size fridge and stove top. Plus there is a TGIF resturant on the premisis.
Seeker615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 07:43 PM   #14
2Pirates2Princesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker615 View Post
Holiday Inn and Suites Maingate Universal has a cute little water play area for kids. Kind of a mini splash park. Nothing big or fancy but the kids that were using it seemed to like it.

We were in a one room suite and it was big and roomy. We had a Microwave, full size fridge and stove top. Plus there is a TGIF resturant on the premisis.

I will have to look into this place too. We don't plan on going to Universal though, but who knows, we may change our minds