Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-17-2011, 12:41 PM   #76
SoCaOC-Mom
DIS Veteran

Love the report, I can't wait to hear more.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
SoCaOC-Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 02:48 PM   #77
ThereYouSeeHer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by alliebelle3 View Post
I just found your trip report and I'm really enjoying it! I'm doing a 3 night on the Dream in November and can't wait!

Keep the updates coming!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstevens View Post
This is scary, my family was on the same cruise. We also stayed on the back of the ship on the 7th level, room 7069 (i believe).
Quote:
We also are still awaiting our post cards. The person in the Post Office didn't seem to be very alert so i'm hoping they were handled properly.
Quote:
I had to go back and look at some pictures to see what our state room number really was. We were 7690, the deck below you. We loved the view. The boat movement and engine noise did not really bother us. I could understand it bothering some people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by basketkat View Post
Sounds like a very relaxing day on CC! I love the idea of sending out post cards!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCaOC-Mom View Post
Love the report, I can't wait to hear more.
Thanks everyone, and welcome new readers!

dstevens--Hello! We were on the September 1st thread with you, although I never realized we were only a deck away from each other! I believe we saw the post office worker stamp and process our cards, so I'm sure they were handled ok. But I wonder if I should make a ticker to count the days until their return!

2003 May (Offsite), 2007 Dec (ASMo), 2008 Dec (POP), 2009 Dec (ASMu, CSR, and AKL), 2010 Dec (ASSp, SSR), 2011 Sep (Dream, POFQ), 2012 Sep (OKW, Dream), 2013 Aug (AoA, POR, ASMo), 2014 Nov (Poly, ASMu), 2015 Oct (Vero, Magic, FW Cabins)

Disney Bingo
Values left to try: None! (Done: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, POP, AOA)
Moderates left to try: CBR, FW (Done: POFQ, POR, CSR)
Deluxes & Villas left to try: GF, Poly, WL, YC, BC, BW, CR (Done: OKW, AKL, SSR)
Beach Resorts left to try: HHI, Vero
Cruise Ships left to try: Magic, Wonder, Fantasy (Done: Dream)
Months left to try: Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, Jun, Jul, Oct, Nov (Done: May, Aug, Sep, Dec)

Splish, Splash, the Dream was a Blast! 9/1/2011 Trip Report
ThereYouSeeHer is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-18-2011, 03:43 PM   #78
princesscinderella
Mouseketeer

The postcards take about 6 weeks we sailed on the four night 7/29 dream sailing and the post office was closed on castaway cay because it was a Sunday when we were there. I was able to buy stamps from guest services and they mailed them when they stopped at cc the sailing. We just got ours last week.
Disney Dream cruise on 7/29/2011, 1/26/12, 7/21/13
Disney Fantasy on 7/28/12 and 3/30/2013
Epocot F&W 1/2 marathon 2012
Aulani 6/13
princesscinderella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 04:15 PM   #79
ThereYouSeeHer
DIS Veteran

Our Final Night!

Saturday, September 3rd

4pm-11pm

After mailing our postcards at Castaway Cay, we took a few more pictures outside the ship and then boarded the Dream around 4pm. We went straight to our stateroom to shower and get dressed for dinner at 5:45pm.

View of the Aquaduck Extending Over the Ship's Side

Dinner tonight was at the Royal Palace, which was another great dining experience. It was so nice to have a relaxing sit-down dinner every night. It was one the highlights of each day, as it gave us time to unwind and meet-up with the rest of our travel party. Our servers, Mario and Viola, were so warm and friendly throughout the vacation. On this night, Viola made bows out of the children's napkins for them to wear. And, as she did every night, she placed ketchup in the shape of a Mickey head on our children's plate. For this final dinner rotation, Mario recruited my oldest daughter for a magic trick that capped off our evening!

View of Our Child's Fashionable Napkin Bow

View of the Children's Cuisine

After dinner, it suddenly dawned on us that this was our LAST NIGHT! It somehow slipped our minds that we would be waking up early to attend breakfast and would need to leave the ship immediately afterwards. Virtually, that meant we wouldn't have time to pack or tour the ship tomorrow. So, after dinner, daddy and the girls went on some last minute escapades around the ship while mommy started packing our suitcases. We then met up at 8:30pm for the last show of the night, Disney's Believe. After the show, we decided to skip the See Ya' Real Soon event at 10:15pm in the Atrium, so that we could finish packing. Based on the event's description in the Personal Navigator, we thought it was just a meet and greet, and we would have been more interested in a "good-bye" deck party. However, after the fact, we discovered the Atrium event was a cute send-off that would have been nice to attend. As it was, the rest of the night found us busily sorting dirty laundry, folding clean clothes back into the suitcases, hanging wet clothes in the shower, and making sure all of our passports and debarkation documents were in order. It was around 11pm when we called it a night and took a picture of the little "Bahama Mama" that we brought with us on the cruise. This little lady was purchased on our honeymoon in the Bahamas seven years ago, and we thought it was fitting for her to travel with us on our return to the Bahamas for our seventh wedding anniversary. What a great way to end the last night of our first Disney cruise!

View of Our Bahama Mama

2003 May (Offsite), 2007 Dec (ASMo), 2008 Dec (POP), 2009 Dec (ASMu, CSR, and AKL), 2010 Dec (ASSp, SSR), 2011 Sep (Dream, POFQ), 2012 Sep (OKW, Dream), 2013 Aug (AoA, POR, ASMo), 2014 Nov (Poly, ASMu), 2015 Oct (Vero, Magic, FW Cabins)

Disney Bingo
Deluxes & Villas left to try: GF, Poly, WL, YC, BC, BW, CR (Done: OKW, AKL, SSR)
Months left to try: Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, Jun, Jul, Oct, Nov (Done: May, Aug, Sep, Dec)

Last edited by ThereYouSeeHer; 09-18-2011 at 04:26 PM.
Old 09-18-2011, 05:58 PM   #80
ThereYouSeeHer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesscinderella View Post
The postcards take about 6 weeks we sailed on the four night 7/29 dream sailing and the post office was closed on castaway cay because it was a Sunday when we were there. I was able to buy stamps from guest services and they mailed them when they stopped at cc the sailing. We just got ours last week.
Thanks for the info! I didn't even think of the Post Office being closed on certain days. That was nice of Guest Services to mail it for you!

Disney Bingo

Old 09-23-2011, 02:09 PM   #81
ThereYouSeeHer
DIS Veteran

Saturday's Personal Navigator

Saturday, September 3rd

View of Page 1

View of Page 2

View of Page 3

View of Page 4

Disney Bingo

Old 09-30-2011, 08:11 PM   #82
ThereYouSeeHer
DIS Veteran

Castaway Cay Event Schedule & Map

Saturday, September 3rd

View of the Event Schedule

View of a Map of Castaway Cay

Disney Bingo

Old 10-04-2011, 11:38 PM   #83
Ssamara28
Mouseketeer

Ok more questions I am doing a journal that I will have bound together. How many papers are given that you would consider keepsake. Are the navigators 8x11? How many pages are provided each night? Are they front and back copied? What about Castaway Cay? Is that 1 page or 2? Is it back to back pages? Thank you in advance. I know it sounds strange to ask but I am thinking about having my book bound ahead of time and trying to figure out how many extrablank pages to put in the book.
Ssamara28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 07:02 AM   #84
ThereYouSeeHer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssamara28 View Post
Ok more questions I am doing a journal that I will have bound together. How many papers are given that you would consider keepsake. Are the navigators 8x11? How many pages are provided each night? Are they front and back copied? What about Castaway Cay? Is that 1 page or 2? Is it back to back pages? Thank you in advance. I know it sounds strange to ask but I am thinking about having my book bound ahead of time and trying to figure out how many extrablank pages to put in the book.
That's a really interesting question!

For our 3-night cruise, we received 3 Navigators. They are 2 pages each, front and back, so a total of 4 pages per day. The Navigators are actually a 17x11 inch paper that have been folded in half, so the pages are not stapled together nor loose. The Castaway Cay page was 1 page, double-sided, so another 2 pages. We also received a 1-page, double sided, Welcome Home debarkation paper on our last night. Other documents we received were a 6-page, double-sided, hard cardstock 8.5x11 booklet that had itineraries for 2011 and 2012, so that guests could re-book while onboard. On average, I would say we received an additional 8.5x11 "letter" each day, with some additional information (for example, one night we received a letter telling us about the Pirate Party that night). We also received other smaller sized "cards" telling us about DVC or that night's entertainment. We also had a larger, legal size paper, that provided us a map of the ship.

In total, counting all the 8.5x11 documents, the Navigators, the Castaway Cay page, the Itinerary Booklet, the Welcome Home page, and an average of 1 additional 8.5x11 paper per night, that would be: 17 actual pages, but double-sided, so about 34 pages of information total?

This does not include smaller cards, larger maps, or other documents that you may acquire along the way (such as documents needed for Mickey's Midship Detective Agency, documents about the children's nursery, port excursions lists that you can pick up, etc.). Also, although the restaurant menus are not for keeping, if you were to take pictures of them each day, that would increase your overall amount (note that the dinner menus are large, so it may be difficult to get the entire menu in one picture).

If you have your book bound in advance, how would you insert your cruise documents? Will you cut and paste them onto the extra blank pages or are you inserting them into pockets or by some other means?

Thanks for the question! Let me know if you need more information!

Disney Bingo

Old 10-05-2011, 11:33 AM   #85
Goldeelox9
Our Disney Cruise Line Wedding ~ November 4, 2008

I was on this cruise! I miss it so much! I need to work on my trip report!!

I enjoyed your trip report so much. Your girls are adorable!
*-:¦:-Lisa -:¦:-*Click to read about my wedding :Our Disney Cruise Wedding, Don't miss my B2B on the Dream Trip Report. My newest trip report is Disneyland - DCL, Hawaii, Aulani & Disneyland Still a work in progress!

February 1982 - Off Site; June 1995 - Offsite; February 1998 - AllStar Music; February 2000 - Disney Magic; January 2002 - Carribean Beach Resort & Disney Wonder; January 2004 - Port Orleans Riverside & Disney Wonder; January 2006 - Pop Century; February 2007 - Pop Century; November 2008 - Disney Wonder Wedding & Animal Kingdom Lodge; November 2009 - All Star Movies, Treehouse Villas & Disney Wonder; December 2009 - All Star Music ; January 2011 - POFQ, BLT & Disney Magic Cruise;
September 2011, AKL & B2B - Disney Dream & Wilderness Lodge; January 2012 - Boardwalk; October 2012 - Grand Californian at Disneyland; October 2012 - Disney Wonder to Hawaii; October 2012 - Candy Cane Inn at Disneyland; February 2013 - BLT & Disney Dream & Beach Club Resort; May 2013 - Animal Kingdom Lodge; September 2013 - Polynesian & Fantasy; October 2013 - Art of Animation; December 2013 - Old Key West
Goldeelox9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 11:44 AM   #86
ThereYouSeeHer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldeelox9 View Post
I was on this cruise! I miss it so much! I need to work on my trip report!!

I enjoyed your trip report so much. Your girls are adorable!
Thanks! I miss the cruise, too!

I believe I remember you from the Dream Weavers thread. Welcome to my trip report!

Disney Bingo

Old 10-05-2011, 02:10 PM   #87
msucooper
Earning My Ears

I really enjoyed your trip report...thanks for sharing.
msucooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 02:32 PM   #88
ThereYouSeeHer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by msucooper View Post
I really enjoyed your trip report...thanks for sharing.
Thanks for reading along!

I have one more day to write about, and then I'll start posting the Fish Extender gifts I made. Saving the best for last!

Disney Bingo

Last edited by ThereYouSeeHer; 10-05-2011 at 09:24 PM.
Old 10-05-2011, 09:06 PM   #89
Ssamara28
Mouseketeer

I know crazy questions. I laughed myself. I am torn about a pre bound book that is why I am gathering info. I do not want it to be pre bound but it would make it easier to carry around in Florida and on the cruise. I was going to cut and paste the navigators when I thought they were 8.5X11. Thanks for the idea of inserting them into pockets that is exactly what I am going to do. THANK YOU. You and your report are awesome. Sending a BIG midwest hug your way. With 17 pages I could bound just those together.
Ssamara28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 09:21 PM   #90
ThereYouSeeHer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssamara28 View Post
I know crazy questions. I laughed myself. I am torn about a pre bound book that is why I am gathering info. I do not want it to be pre bound but it would make it easier to carry around in Florida and on the cruise. I was going to cut and paste the navigators when I thought they were 8.5X11. Thanks for the idea of inserting them into pockets that is exactly what I am going to do. THANK YOU. You and your report are awesome. Sending a BIG midwest hug your way. With 17 pages I could bound just those together.
Sure, glad I could help!

Whenever we go to Disney, I carry our documents in a poly/plastic/vinyl envelope. Here is an example, although the one I use has a velcro closure:

http://www.staples.com/Staples-Poly-...product_906380

I think it would be good to find a basic way to carry your documents while on vacation, and then consider a more permanent home for them when you return home. I know alot of people use binders on vacation, with various folders and pockets in them. Whatever you choose, I would suggest something that is flexible and can be added to or modified as needed!

Disney Bingo

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: