Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2011, 08:30 PM   #16
ForTheLoveOfDCL
A Dream is a wish your <3 makes........

Me here too!!!!

Glad to here the boarding times aren't being enforced. We used to arrive at 9:30...be in the terminal and done with everything by 10:30. I was first in line in 2009 and well it didn't get me anywhere or any prizes but it was fun...LOL

ForTheLoveOfDCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 08:35 PM   #17
ThereYouSeeHer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BorkBorkBork View Post
I'm here too! Your pics so far look great, can't wait to read more!
Quote:
Originally Posted by janabananas View Post
Your girls are so adorable! Can't wait for more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTheLoveOfDCL View Post
Me here too!!!!

Glad to here the boarding times aren't being enforced. We used to arrive at 9:30...be in the terminal and done with everything by 10:30. I was first in line in 2009 and well it didn't get me anywhere or any prizes but it was fun...LOL
Welcome everyone!

First in line sounds good to me!

Wow, it looks like at least a couple of you will be going on the Fantasy. The experience should be very similar to the Dream, but they do have some unique differences between the ships (not to mention the seven night itinerary)!

2003 May (Offsite), 2007 Dec (ASMo), 2008 Dec (POP), 2009 Dec (ASMu, CSR, and AKL), 2010 Dec (ASSp, SSR), 2011 Sep (Dream, POFQ), 2012 Sep (OKW, Dream), 2013 Aug (AoA, POR, ASMo), 2014 Nov (Poly, ASMu), 2015 Oct (Vero, Magic, FW Cabins)

Disney Bingo
Values left to try: None! (Done: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, POP, AOA)
Moderates left to try: CBR, FW (Done: POFQ, POR, CSR)
Deluxes & Villas left to try: GF, Poly, WL, YC, BC, BW, CR (Done: OKW, AKL, SSR)
Beach Resorts left to try: HHI, Vero
Cruise Ships left to try: Magic, Wonder, Fantasy (Done: Dream)
Months left to try: Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, Jun, Jul, Oct, Nov (Done: May, Aug, Sep, Dec)

Splish, Splash, the Dream was a Blast! 9/1/2011 Trip Report
ThereYouSeeHer is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-06-2011, 10:47 PM   #18
toy
Mouseketeer

I'm here! Great so far. I'm so looking forward to hearing all about your experinces.
Old 09-06-2011, 11:18 PM   #19
MamaJessie
DIS Veteran

Here! Great pics so far, can't wait for more
Old 09-06-2011, 11:55 PM   #20
Mom2Cody06
DIS Veteran

Subbing...great trip report so far !! Can't wait to hear all about the dream, DH and I want to go next year for our 10 year anniversary

DCL , 4 day cruise 9/7-9/11/2008
WDW All Star Sports 9/11-9/14/2008
WDW POR 9/11-9/18/2011
WDW POP 12/3-12/8/2012 (10th wedding anniversary)
WDW POR 9/22-9/28/2013

Mom2Cody06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 11:58 PM   #21
disneychic2
DIS Veteran

Finally here! I've been busy getting ready to leave on my trip, but was glad I couldn't sleep tonight and was able to sub in. I'm lovin' it!
Old 09-07-2011, 06:10 AM   #22
ThereYouSeeHer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by toy View Post
I'm here! Great so far. I'm so looking forward to hearing all about your experinces.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaJessie View Post
Here! Great pics so far, can't wait for more
Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychic2 View Post
Finally here! I've been busy getting ready to leave on my trip, but was glad I couldn't sleep tonight and was able to sub in. I'm lovin' it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Cody06 View Post
Subbing...great trip report so far !! Can't wait to hear all about the dream, DH and I want to go next year for our 10 year anniversary
Welcome everyone!

Mom2Cody06--This cruise was for our seven year anniversary. I was thinking our 10 year anniversary would be a good time to cruise again!

2003 May (Offsite), 2007 Dec (ASMo), 2008 Dec (POP), 2009 Dec (ASMu, CSR, and AKL), 2010 Dec (ASSp, SSR), 2011 Sep (Dream, POFQ), 2012 Sep (OKW, Dream), 2013 Aug (AoA, POR, ASMo), 2014 Nov (Poly, ASMu), 2015 Oct (Vero, Magic, FW Cabins)

Disney Bingo
Deluxes & Villas left to try: GF, Poly, WL, YC, BC, BW, CR (Done: OKW, AKL, SSR)
Months left to try: Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, Jun, Jul, Oct, Nov (Done: May, Aug, Sep, Dec)

Last edited by ThereYouSeeHer; 09-07-2011 at 08:23 AM.
Old 09-07-2011, 07:45 AM   #23
mickeymouseclubhouse
DIS Veteran

Hi! Joining your trip report!

The Dream looks lovely! I'm excited to read and see more about it!
Threepeat: Pop Century and Free Dining October 13-19, 2009 (We surprised our kids this trip!)
Bounced back in 2010: September 21-September 28, 2010, All Star Music/Free dining
Number 5: September 13 -September 20, 2011 at Pop Century/Beach Club
Trip Number 6: September 11-19, 2012 at BWV!

Up Next: September 8-17, 2014 split stay at BLT/BWV

mickeymouseclubhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 09:01 AM   #24
malacajo
Mouseketeer

Thereyouseeher,
We also live in NC and I was wondering if you drove straight through to Port Canaveral, or if you broke your trip up? We are sailing on Fantasy in exactly 366 days-it's our first ever cruise and our dream vacation! We really wanted to do a cruise, and many travel agents actually tried to steer us away from Disney (go figure!), but we are huge Disney fans and kept hearing other people say that Disney was the way to cruise..Anyway, we have been wondering if we should leave the day before the cruise, spend the night at more than the halfway point, then get up early and get to PC to board..Any opinions on this?? Can't wait to hear more about your trip!!! I also wonder if the Fantasy will be an exact replica of Dream???
malacajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 09:26 AM   #25
ThereYouSeeHer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeymouseclubhouse View Post
Hi! Joining your trip report!

The Dream looks lovely! I'm excited to read and see more about it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by malacajo View Post
Thereyouseeher,
We also live in NC and I was wondering if you drove straight through to Port Canaveral, or if you broke your trip up? We are sailing on Fantasy in exactly 366 days-it's our first ever cruise and our dream vacation! We really wanted to do a cruise, and many travel agents actually tried to steer us away from Disney (go figure!), but we are huge Disney fans and kept hearing other people say that Disney was the way to cruise..Anyway, we have been wondering if we should leave the day before the cruise, spend the night at more than the halfway point, then get up early and get to PC to board..Any opinions on this?? Can't wait to hear more about your trip!!! I also wonder if the Fantasy will be an exact replica of Dream???
Welcome everyone!

malacajo--We live in the Raleigh-Durham area, and yes, we broke the trip up by spending one night at a more-than-halfway point. We left Wednesday afternoon and stayed overnight in a hotel in southern GA. We woke up early Thursday morning (the day the ship departed) and drove straight to the port. The one thing we would have done differently is to arrive at port the day before departure, not the morning of departure. Thankfully, everything went smoothly for us, but it did not allow for any blips in travel. Arriving the day before departure gives you a buffer of one day to handle anything that may arise or to just relax before your cruise (I've read stories of guests forgetting important documents at home and having them overnighted to their port hotel, etc.). The last 24 hours prior to the cruise were hectic for us, as we tried to finish packing and get to the overnight hotel and the port on time. We were on a tight schedule and it didn't allow for any fluctuations. Even spending a night at Disney World prior to departure (which is only an hour from port), would have been more reasonable. Hope that helps!

As for differences between the Fantasy and the Dream, I was just reading a great article about that. There will be alot of similarities, but also enough differences to make the Fantasy unique. Here it is:

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...+Parks+Blog%29

Disney Bingo

Old 09-07-2011, 09:50 AM   #26
MomsOf2boys
Has obsessive finger chatter disorder

I'm here as well!

We drive to Jacksonville, Fl and then only have 2 1/2 hour drive to the port in the morning. Works great for us!
Grew up at Disneyland...Raised my kids at Disney World...Had a little Wonder in Oct 04, Had a Magical week with a great group of DISers in Oct 07! We enjoyed dreaming aboard the DREAM in '12! Why Not Have Halloween Weekend 2014 on the Dream?!!
MomsOf2boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 10:00 AM   #27
malacajo
Mouseketeer

First off, as a side note, we love Raleigh! Our daughter was born there, we lived there for about 7yrs...Now to us, it's the best shopping within 3 hrs! We are really torn about when to leave. Our daughter is homeschooled, so no worries there with missing school, but our son is not and he's already missing a full week of school-hate to take him out another day but we may really consider it. I get really nervous at the thought of traveling on departure day...Much to think about. Did you stay around the Savannah area? We were thinking that would probably be about half way for us..Can't wait to read more of your trip report and thanks for the link for both ships! Glad you enjoyed your trip!
Old 09-07-2011, 10:08 AM   #28
ThereYouSeeHer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomsOf2boys View Post
I'm here as well!

We drive to Jacksonville, Fl and then only have 2 1/2 hour drive to the port in the morning. Works great for us!
Welcome!

We had a 4 hour drive that morning, which was a little out of my comfort zone. We had to get our family of four out of bed, dressed, fed, and on the road by 6:30am. Plus, we didn't arrive at the hotel until about 11pm the night before and I didn't fall asleep until about 1 am. It was quite a morning!

But, you're right, it is a nice drive from Jacksonville!

Disney Bingo

Old 09-07-2011, 10:08 AM   #29
malacajo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomsOf2boys View Post
I'm here as well!

I was wondering if Savannah would be a good point for us, even though I'm still afraid we'll have a good long drive that day...Didn't realize that Jacksonvillle is only 2 1/2 hrs from PC...!
Old 09-07-2011, 10:19 AM   #30
ThereYouSeeHer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We are really torn about when to leave. Our daughter is homeschooled, so no worries there with missing school, but our son is not and he's already missing a full week of school-hate to take him out another day but we may really consider it. I get really nervous at the thought of traveling on departure day...Much to think about. Did you stay around the Savannah area? We were thinking that would probably be about half way for us..Can't wait to read more of your trip report and thanks for the link for both ships! Glad you enjoyed your trip!
Quote:
I was wondering if Savannah would be a good point for us, even though I'm still afraid we'll have a good long drive that day...Didn't realize that Jacksonvillle is only 2 1/2 hrs from PC...!
We usually stay in Savannah as our half-way point when going to Disney World. However, this time, we decided to stay about an hour further south of Savannah in Brunswick, GA. We wanted to give ourselves as short a drive as possible on departure day. We also didn't want our daughter to miss more school, which is why we didn't tack on an extra travel day. Personally, I think Savannah is still too far north, especially if you are trying to arrive at the port by 10:30am. If you aren't staying at the port or Disney World, I would recommend Brunswick, GA or Jacksonville, FL. Either way, you still have alot of time to think about it, so I would just keep your options open and make a decision as the trip gets closer.

Disney Bingo

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: