Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-28-2011, 08:06 AM   #91
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
I'll finish up the pin lanyard mystery tonight. I expect Declan to be wiped tonight so he should be asleep early. He has a cross country meet this afternoon, stop by football practice to complete is pass, run and kick drills, and finally head to his last basketball try-out. Heck maybe I will be asleep early too.
Wow, he's active! I'm glad he enjoys playing sports though. Much better to be out doing something than sitting around playing video games!
Old 09-28-2011, 08:17 AM   #92
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Hey, Darcy! Just found your TR and am heading back to catch up...
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-28-2011, 10:36 AM   #93
mikera329
Mouseketeer

What an amazing view for Illuminations!!! Looks like I may need to check out the Rose and Crown for our next trip...to have a picture without a lamp post in it would be wonderful

2009 AsSp DF 1st trip and engaged there
2010 AsSp Ian's 1st trip and our Disney Wedding
2012 Pop, CSR, POFQ, AsSp Adults Only/My Birthday trip
Kera(38):, Mom to Ian (DS13) Flynn and Ryder married to Michael(37):

Old 09-28-2011, 01:51 PM   #94
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
Wow, he's active! I'm glad he enjoys playing sports though. Much better to be out doing something than sitting around playing video games!

He certainly loves sports. This is his first year for tackle football and cross country. Soccer and basketball are his two big sports.

4th place finish this afternoon at the CC meet. That up 5 spots from last week. Must have been the nutritious lunch we had at Wendy's before the meet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Hey, Darcy! Just found your TR and am heading back to catch up...

Welcome to another from the DisDads Club. Glad to have a couple of you following along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikera329 View Post
What an amazing view for Illuminations!!! Looks like I may need to check out the Rose and Crown for our next trip...to have a picture without a lamp post in it would be wonderful
That is our favourite spot for Illuminations. Nobody is trying to push by you and and get some great food and drink to boot. Can't beat it!

Welcome to the TR!

------------------------

I'm planning on finishing up the day at MK later tonight. Take it easy everyone.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

Old 09-28-2011, 08:25 PM   #95
declansdad
DIS Dad#639

Continuing on with our day at MK......................

After finishing up with Buzz we headed back to Splash via POTC and had a few sites along the way.

We had no real wait for POTC and we got to see the new opening with Blackbeard. At Christmas there was nothing at the beginning except the fog.

Before we rode Splash again, we decide to check back at BTMRR one more time to see if the pins and lanyard had been found. No luck!

It was getting close to 3 so we decided to use the Splash FPs and head back to the resort. As we boarded our log, you could tell it was getting close to afternoon storm time. We had a bit of drizzle as we got to the end but as we made our way to the gift shop, the skies opened up. It started to rain like it had never rained before. We found a seat on the porch and started to wait it out, along with everyone else. No one left, even the people with ponchos (I left ours in the room). We waited for about an hour before we ventured out.

On the way out we decided to stop at City Hall to check one more time. We talked to a different CM (Molly was her name) this time and she check their lost and found and called back to BTMRR. As we waited, we chatted with her a bit and she was writing things down on a form. The CMs from BTMRR called back and told her there were no pins to be found. You could tell Declan was disappointed but he was doing his best not to show it. Molly ripped up the form she had been filling out and started filling out a few more. She sad she felt bad and gave Declan a form that let us all on the ride of our choice, another that would get us all a drink and another for a popcorn each. And there was one more form she gave Declan, it got him this:

It was a certificate that got him a new lanyard and starter pin set. He picked the Nerds set which worked out because he was looking for these pins while he was trading.

After finish up with our gifts from Molly we went back to thank her once again. If you ever get a chance to talk to Molly at City Hall, tell her Declan says hi.

We made it back to POFQ around 6 and ended our day.

Later all.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds

Last edited by declansdad; 10-04-2011 at 08:26 PM.
Old 09-29-2011, 05:31 AM   #96
MeMom
DIS Veteran

It was great to be able to start the day off with all of these great pictures! Buzz, Splash Mountain, and just being in Magic Kingdom -

Stitch is so cute. I really do wish they would give him a really neat attraction so that more people would enjoy him.

Too cool that Declan got so many 'prizes', including the lanyard and pins.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 09-29-2011, 07:51 AM   #98
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

That's what I love about Disney! That was great that you found a CM who went above and beyond what was necessary to make a bad day better.
Old 09-29-2011, 09:40 AM   #99
declansdad
DIS Dad#639

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
It was great to be able to start the day off with all of these great pictures! Buzz, Splash Mountain, and just being in Magic Kingdom -

Stitch is so cute. I really do wish they would give him a really neat attraction so that more people would enjoy him.

Too cool that Declan got so many 'prizes', including the lanyard and pins.
I think it made Declan's day; I know it made ours.

Hope you enjoy your day with your girls tomorrow MeMom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
Molly sure helped turn a bad situation upside down didn't she? She looks like a lovely young lady too!! I do love his new lanyard...I love all the Nerds stuff!!!
She was great! Not that the first CS we talked to wasn't helpful but he gave us nothing more than the standard call this number tomorrow and hopefully they will turn up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
That's what I love about Disney! That was great that you found a CM who went above and beyond what was necessary to make a bad day better.

NOt only did she make it better, she made it longer. We would have been back at the resort 2 hours earlier if she didn't give Declan all those certificates.

Seriously, Molly was a fantastic CM who obviously loved helping people. Hopefully she is still at City Hall helping other guests.

me dw (pooksma) ds

Old 10-01-2011, 07:18 AM   #100
pooksma
Can't help it~there is something about Ed...kinda like the Gary Sinise thing...
Well I have laughed my posterior region until it almost removed itself from my body

Molly really made our day! We really felt the Disney magic thanks to her!

And the *&*$@ who took the lanyard- you are for stealing from a little kid!

Loved the updated Pirates. Declan's first questions was- I wonder if Davey Jones will be working today. He was surprised to see Blackbeard!

Declan made the mini boys team he was trying out for!

Last edited by pooksma; 10-01-2011 at 07:25 AM.
Old 10-01-2011, 09:09 AM   #101
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooksma View Post
Molly really made our day! We really felt the Disney magic thanks to her!

And the *&*$@ who took the lanyard- you are for stealing from a little kid!

Loved the updated Pirates. Declan's first questions was- I wonder if Davey Jones will be working today. He was surprised to see Blackbeard!

Declan made the mini boys team he was trying out for!
It's absolutely disgusting that someone took it! I still can't believe how some people can do horrid things and still look themselves in the mirror! Makes me crazy!

I was shocked to see Blackbeard too! Hope you guys are enjoying a great weekend....we are going to have a sunny weekend with temperatures in the mid to high 20's....gonna be spending alot of time outdoors!!!
Old 10-01-2011, 06:35 PM   #102
declansdad
DIS Dad#639

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
It's absolutely disgusting that someone took it! I still can't believe how some people can do horrid things and still look themselves in the mirror! Makes me crazy!

I was shocked to see Blackbeard too! Hope you guys are enjoying a great weekend....we are going to have a sunny weekend with temperatures in the mid to high 20's....gonna be spending alot of time outdoors!!!
We thought we saw someone wearing it at EPCOT the next day but we could make sure. The Year of a Million Dreams lanyards were pretty rare, especially since they had to be given to you.

We are having a rainy weekend here, and luckily for us, we got to spend most of it outside.

me dw (pooksma) ds

Old 10-01-2011, 07:01 PM   #103
justakrazymom
DIS Veteran

I'm here..and all caught up!! Love you have a Declan too!!!

homeschooling mom,Disney freak and more
DxL '99, CBR '00, Pop '11
BWI '12,POFQ '12 , PORS '13

The SuperFamily vs. Silverware , Felons and The Little Mermaid Sept 2013 TR

No Distractions,Never say Never TR
Old 10-01-2011, 07:24 PM   #104
declansdad
DIS Dad#639

Quote:
Originally Posted by justakrazymom View Post
I'm here..and all caught up!! Love you have a Declan too!!!

There are not many Declan's around, at least around here.

Glad you are following along. Are dates were pretty similar I think.

me dw (pooksma) ds

Old 10-02-2011, 01:36 AM   #105
justakrazymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
There are not many Declan's around, at least around here.

Glad you are following along. Are dates were pretty similar I think.
yep our dates were very close! and nope.. he's one of only like 3 I've heard of in my city.. My youngest 2 we;ve never met or heard of any more with their names!

homeschooling mom,Disney freak and more
DxL '99, CBR '00, Pop '11
BWI '12,POFQ '12 , PORS '13

The SuperFamily vs. Silverware , Felons and The Little Mermaid Sept 2013 TR

No Distractions,Never say Never TR

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: