Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-20-2011, 06:40 AM   #76
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
Ok....that' picture of Declan the first year is just too darn cute!!! I love how we can look back and watch our children grow up with a Disney backdrop!!

We are going to print some off from this year's stop at Crystal Palace and take some from the first Crystal Palace visit in 2004 and frame them. I try to get some similar shots each trip we take.

Hope to do another update tonight or tomorrow.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

Old 09-21-2011, 07:38 PM   #77
declansdad
DIS Dad#639

OK, In think there are two of you out there waiting to find out who these celebrities were. Well they were all females, fairly certain they were all single, and they all owned a sash.

The Miss America contestants were in the parks filming some promos for the pageant. We got to wait in line at Star Tours while they did some filming there. We were standing by C3PO when they all can running by and Declan decided that it would be a good idea to high five 52 fairly attractive young women (and one HUGE bodyguard). Pretty smart boy I think. Unfortunately, as you can see by that one picture) it was tough to get a picture of them moving by us with very little light to help out.

After they went by we started to move again and we soon boarding our flight. This redo is fantastic, if you haven't tried it in awhile, go back.

After the ride we went in search of Phineus and Ferb. Declan is a huge fan and this was on his must do list for the trip. We found them near the exit of Muppets and got in line. It was very hot and the line was about 30 minutes long. They took a couple of quick breaks during that time but they were gone no longer than 2 or 3 minutes each time.

Some pictures from around the queue and Declan with the boys:

There was a scary incident while we were in line. We were almost to the front when we heard a scream from behind us. A little girl was overcome by the heat and passed out. A couple of guests quickly came to the mothers aid and got her under some shade and started to cool her off. The CMs jumped into to help out and within about 5 minutes there were some EMTs there to help check her over.

After the pictures we decided that we would head back to the resort to see if our room was ready. They hadn't sent us a text yet but we thought we would chance it anyway. On the way to the front I found another view of ToT that I hadn't noticed before.

We made it to the bus and while we were waiting the family with the little girl that passed out got on the bus. They sat down next to us and I started chatting with the dad. The little girls was doing much better and they were getting her to drink as much water as they could. Turned out they were from the UK and we compared DL Paris with WDW. He told me it was actually cheaper for them to come to WDW for a couple of weeks than it was to spend 4 days in Paris. HE also said that 2 days was enough time to do spend at DL Paris.

Back at the resort there was still no room ready so we grabbed some lunch and waited and waited and waited. Finally around 4 pm I checked and the room was ready. We had booked a water view and were in building 6, room 6229.

our view

the room

Our luggage arrived around 5, Pooksma and Declan went for a quick swim while I relaxed a bit before we had to head back out for our Rose and Crown ADRs.

I'll be back in a few minutes to finish up the day.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-21-2011, 07:58 PM   #78
declansdad
DIS Dad#639

We made it over EPCOT around 6 and the skies were starting to darken. We checked out ride wait time but everything was too long. We decided to walk around WS, starting in Mexico because our ADR was 7:30.

Along the way, we had some showers and for the first time we got out the ponchos. When we got to the UK, it was about 7:30 so we went to check in. The counter told us we were suppose to be there at 6:55 and we were too late. They checked and told us they could get us in but it might be a 40 minute wait. No problem, took our buzzer and 20 minutes later, we were seated.

This was Declan's first trip on the adult dining plan so we weren't sure how this was going to go. He and Pooksma both ordered the shepherds pie with lamb and they loved it. I went with the steak and fish, very good. Before dessert it was time for Illuminations. This was the reason we booked this ADR; the UK patio is a great spot to watch.

After we went back in to finish the meal before heading back to POFQ.

Next up was a trip to MK for breakfast at Crystal Palace and an early problem for Declan.

me dw (pooksma) ds

Old 09-21-2011, 08:10 PM   #79
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post

Oh, look, it's one of those tweenage shows they play on Disney Channel 39 hours a day now! I want good Disney classic movies more often.

Pretty view from the room.

UK patio to eat and watch Illuminations - I'm writing that down.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 09-22-2011, 06:51 AM   #80
declansdad
DIS Dad#639

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
Oh, look, it's one of those tweenage shows they play on Disney Channel 39 hours a day now! I want good Disney classic movies more often.

Pretty view from the room.

UK patio to eat and watch Illuminations - I'm writing that down.
We get to see those shows many times when Declan is around. Soesn't matter how many times he watches teh same episode.

No guarantees on the patio but even if you are inside, they have a spot where you can go stand to watch..

me dw (pooksma) ds

Old 09-22-2011, 07:39 AM   #81
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
The Miss America contestants were in the parks filming some promos for the pageant. We got to wait in line at Star Tours while they did some filming there. We were standing by C3PO when they all can running by and Declan decided that it would be a good idea to high five 52 fairly attractive young women (and one HUGE bodyguard). Pretty smart boy I think. Unfortunately, as you can see by that one picture) it was tough to get a picture of them moving by us with very little light to help out.
Yeah, very smart of him! Too bad you couldn't get good pics... he'll never be able to prove it now.

So what was the deal with the ADR? Did you think it was the wrong time, or were they telling you that you were supposed to be there 35 min before your ADR?
Old 09-22-2011, 02:15 PM   #82
declansdad
DIS Dad#639

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
Yeah, very smart of him! Too bad you couldn't get good pics... he'll never be able to prove it now.

So what was the deal with the ADR? Did you think it was the wrong time, or were they telling you that you were supposed to be there 35 min before your ADR?

No it was our mess up. Our original asking time was 7:30 but when the ADRs were actually made that was the only one that we didn't get the time we asked for. Unfortunately we forgot about that but all was good in the end.

me dw (pooksma) ds

Old 09-22-2011, 08:35 PM   #83
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

I never would have guessed those were the celebrities that you saw...how cool for Declan!!

Great pictures of your room and what a view! Great shots around WS too...never seen Illuminations from Rose and Crown but I can see what a great viewing spot it is
Old 09-22-2011, 08:48 PM   #84
declansdad
DIS Dad#639

Quote:
I never would have guessed those were the celebrities that you saw...how cool for Declan!!

Great pictures of your room and what a view! Great shots around WS too...never seen Illuminations from Rose and Crown but I can see what a great viewing spot it is

We've been able to watch it from there 3 times now. A couple of year s ago we didn't even need to leave our table. The food is great and the view is an added bonus.

me dw (pooksma) ds

Old 09-27-2011, 08:31 PM   #85
declansdad
DIS Dad#639

Hello to our two or three readers; it's been a bit so I'm going to try to get a couple of updates in.

August 20 - Disappointment and Happiness!

So we are set to start our second day at WDW. Today the plan was to get up early and head to MK for our 8:10 ADR (I double checked the time) at Crystal Palace. CP is a tradition for us. We haven't eaten here on every trip that Declan has been with us. Usually it is breakfast or dinner but I think we have had one lunch.

We left POFQ for the bus at 7 am, thinking we may have to wait a few minutes but we didn't. The bus was there and we were at the gates of MK by 7:30. Before leaving the room, I took our usual "start-of-the-day" picture of Declan. This is an important picture for the purposes of this update.

We were let into the park and checked in at CP by 7:50 and seated by 8 am

Pooksma and Declan took a few pictures while I waited at the check-in.

We had a great server who went by the name Belinda (she was from Taiwan and her real name was AnYuh). Belinida was the name her English teacher gave her when she moved to Florida.

We didn't wait long for the characters to start coming by.

After breakfast we headed for Fantasyland. We wanted to ride Peter Pan as it had been a long time. We decided to grab FPs for PP and received a surprise.

We headed for BTMRR.

After BTMRR we thought why not head across the park to Space Mountain and along the way we stopped to chat with Pioneer Donald.

Notice anything different in this picture of Declan?

No pin lanyard! He had taken it off on BTMRR and left it in the pocket in the car. Declan is a pin trader and this lanyard had some pins he had brought with him to trade as well as some new keepers he (we) had just bought. The lanyard itself was a Year of a Million Dreams lanyard that we had got on a previous trip.

Pooksma and Declan continued on to SM while I went back to check for the pins. I talked to a CM who check a some trains while I waited but nothing was found. She suggested coming back in an hour or two.

They rode SM with as a walk-on and we also grabbed FP so we could ride it again later.

We started back to PP and saw this talking trash can.

We rode PP and walk into Philharmagic without needing the FPs. We checked on the pins again (still nothing) and went to Tom Sawyer Island. This was a first for us.

Continued next post.

me dw (pooksma) ds

Old 09-27-2011, 08:49 PM   #86
declansdad
DIS Dad#639

We grabbed more FPs for Splash and trucked back to SM. Efficient park touring is the way we roll.

Next up, one of our favourite rides, the People Mover.

After a relaxing ride we grabbed more FPs, this time for Buzz and headed for....you know it....Splash Mountain. Saw a parade along the way.

Reaching the top of Splash

On our way off, we grabbed FPs for Splash and headed to City Hall to see if anyone turned in the pins. No luck.

Next up was a trip on Buzz. We still haven't found that target that gives you the max score.

We caught that evil Zurg once again but I have to wonder, who keeps letting him out?

More later, time for bed.

me dw (pooksma) ds

Old 09-27-2011, 09:03 PM   #87
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

Great updates! We have never at breakfast at the CP and everytime I read a post about it, I think about booking it, but it always seems to never make it to our final ADR's!

Great pictures....where's that lanyard and who has it?????
Old 09-27-2011, 10:15 PM   #88
Tink2Day
Mouseketeer

Great pictures, loved the one of the castle reflecting in the water.

Did Declan also take his lanyard off at CP, noticed it missing there too....

Such suspense, I hope you found the pins etc! Waiting to hear the outcome.
Old 09-28-2011, 07:19 AM   #89
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

It looks like a fun day of hitting some headline attractions at the MK! I've never had breakfast at CP, but I look forward to our ADR before the park opens during our upcoming trip!

I hope Declan gets his pin lanyard back. I always try to avoid putting things in the pockets on the rides because I'm always afraid I'll walk off without something too.
Old 09-28-2011, 07:52 AM   #90
declansdad
DIS Dad#639

Quote:
Great updates! We have never at breakfast at the CP and everytime I read a post about it, I think about booking it, but it always seems to never make it to our final ADR's!

Great pictures....where's that lanyard and who has it?????
The best part of breakfast at CP is booking as early as you can and getting to walk up Main Street without a crowd. It is very easy top get some great pictures without any people in them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink2Day View Post
Great pictures, loved the one of the castle reflecting in the water.

Did Declan also take his lanyard off at CP, noticed it missing there too....

Such suspense, I hope you found the pins etc! Waiting to hear the outcome.

Yes he took it off at the restaurant but put it back on when we left so that he could trade pins with the CMs. I don't remeber if he did any trading before BTMRR or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
It looks like a fun day of hitting some headline attractions at the MK! I've never had breakfast at CP, but I look forward to our ADR before the park opens during our upcoming trip!

I hope Declan gets his pin lanyard back. I always try to avoid putting things in the pockets on the rides because I'm always afraid I'll walk off without something too.
The whole day was back and forth between the big rides. The crowds were pretty good and got better as the week went on.

I'll finish up the pin lanyard mystery tonight. I expect Declan to be wiped tonight so he should be asleep early. He has a cross country meet this afternoon, stop by football practice to complete is pass, run and kick drills, and finally head to his last basketball try-out. Heck maybe I will be asleep early too.

me dw (pooksma) ds

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: