Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-11-2011, 08:15 AM   #46
CanadianWDWfan
DIS Veteran

I'm making mental notes as I read your updates.

Arrive early for the dolphin feeding and watch out for birds.

Bring ponchos!

Avoid the food...LOL!

Don't expect it to be Disney...got it! LOL

It seems like I will need to bring some cash to pay for all the little extras at SeaWorld.

I bet the rescued manatee is much happier and will get nursed back to health.

Flamingos are so beautiful! Do I see and egg in the pic?

We havn't been to EoS either... changing that on this trip.
Old 09-11-2011, 09:06 AM   #47
Brownsfan317
Mouseketeer

Thank you for this wonderful trip report! I cannot wait to see more. We have Sea World on our list to do in the next couple of weeks. I have not been there in about 15 years and really looking forward to it. Now, I just have to figure out how to convince my DS to ride Manta...

Caribbean Beach/Yacht Club June 2013
Port Orleans Riverside January 2013
All Star Sports/AKL September/October 2011
Port Orleans French Quarter July 2009
Old Key West November 2006

Multiple trips starting in 1986-stayed off site at "Irene's Steakhouse" aka Best Grandparents in the World's Home!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-11-2011, 10:39 AM   #48
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplepeg View Post
Looks like I'm late to the party but I'll jump right in:cool1

I'm not a fan of the 4 AM wake up call but it does help when you know fun is in order...you just have to get there first.

Rude people, I keep saying "what goes around, comes around" I can only hope!

Geodoc may have something to say about you choosing the Mustang over the Sebringhe had a Sebring when we got married

Springhill Suites looks like an awesome place to stay. Too bad about the lightning, that's pretty scary. Love the pictures of Manta. It does look like a lot of fun, what does Queen know anyway

Loved your video of the pirate mime. He was quite funny

Keep up the great work! Looking forward to your next installment! I'll try not to spill my Tim's
We knew you would make it over eventually, glad you are here. Springhill Suites was a nice spot, I would be happy to stay there again if I wasn't doing to WDW.

Tell Geodoc that the we could have taken a Sebring convertible but the Mustang Convertible is a cooler car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
Getting soaked at a Park and you weren't even on a water ride Those pictures of the manatees are great...I always feel so bad about how many of them are injured or killed every year

I'm sure I looked pretty impressed standing there as the water dripped off my ball cap and ran down my back. You can still tell Declan's hair was a bit wet in the picture of him in front of te dolphin tank and that was at least 30 minutes later. His hair usually dries in about 10 minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianWDWfan View Post
I'm making mental notes as I read your updates.

Arrive early for the dolphin feeding and watch out for birds.

Bring ponchos!

Avoid the food...LOL!

Don't expect it to be Disney...got it! LOL

It seems like I will need to bring some cash to pay for all the little extras at SeaWorld.

I bet the rescued manatee is much happier and will get nursed back to health.

Flamingos are so beautiful! Do I see and egg in the pic?

We havn't been to EoS either... changing that on this trip.
Yes there was an nest with an egg in it. There was usually a flamingo sitting on it but I think I caught her as she stood up to adjust things. There was another young flamingo there as well. It was a light gray in colour as it hadn't developed the pink colouring yet.

You do need to have some cash with you for the feedings, not like staying on-site and charging things to your room.

The food was ok. There are a couple of sit-down restaurants that you can use on their all-day free dining plan so I can't really comment on those. The places we used were comparable to a quick service at WDW but there was usually something there you couldn't get on the plan. For example, at the restaurant we went to on the first day, you couldn't get the baby back ribs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownsfan317 View Post
Thank you for this wonderful trip report! I cannot wait to see more. We have Sea World on our list to do in the next couple of weeks. I have not been there in about 15 years and really looking forward to it. Now, I just have to figure out how to convince my DS to ride Manta...
Manta is a must do. If shame helps you can tell him we watched a woman that had to be in her late 60s ride it and she loved it.

Glad your enjoying the report.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

Old 09-11-2011, 11:11 AM   #49
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post

We ended up at DTD and had a nice meal at the Earl of Sandwich. First time we ate here and the first time we drove ourselves to DTD. It was weird being there and not actually be staying at disney. As we were eating, Pooksma recognized brookelizabeth and her family sitting at the next table so she introduced herself and said hello before we left.
How fun! Very coincidental to cross paths in such a huge place.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 09-11-2011, 12:39 PM   #50
21hearts
I <3 Walt Disney World

I'm subbing!

The underwater Dolphin viewing area is my son's favorite part of Sea World. He could stay in there for hours.

It looks like an awesome day at Sea World!

9/26 - MNSSHP with the BFF
10/10-10/11 - Celebrate my little sisters birthday

Old 09-11-2011, 05:56 PM   #51
declansdad
DIS Dad#639

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
How fun! Very coincidental to cross paths in such a huge place.

A couple of times we have had things like that happen. I have actually ran into people I know from here while at WDW. It really is a small world........................afterall.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds

Old 09-11-2011, 05:57 PM   #52
declansdad
DIS Dad#639

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21hearts View Post
I'm subbing!

The underwater Dolphin viewing area is my son's favorite part of Sea World. He could stay in there for hours.

It looks like an awesome day at Sea World!

Welcome! The viewing area was pretty cool. The dolphins are amazing to watch and they never stopped coming by that window.

me dw (pooksma) ds

Old 09-13-2011, 12:30 PM   #53
pooksma
Can't help it~there is something about Ed...kinda like the Gary Sinise thing...
Well I have laughed my posterior region until it almost removed itself from my body

Just a couple of "Mom's View" points:

(1) I was VERY impressed with the cleanliness of Springhill. (Always a worry when comparing to WDW resorts)

(2) Manta was SCARY I had to close my eyes at the climb every time. The rest was a rush though.

(3) Food was mheh. I am sure its because I was already imagining Boma and Marrakesh (amongst others)

More Mom's views later.
Old 09-13-2011, 07:31 PM   #54
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooksma View Post
Just a couple of "Mom's View" points:

(1) I was VERY impressed with the cleanliness of Springhill. (Always a worry when comparing to WDW resorts)

(2) Manta was SCARY I had to close my eyes at the climb every time. The rest was a rush though.

(3) Food was mheh. I am sure its because I was already imagining Boma and Marrakesh (amongst others)

More Mom's views later.
As mom's we sure do enjoy a nice clean resort don't we I can't wait to ride Manta...I may have to do that same though! I'm sure that's what it was with the food....we do love Boma after all

Can't wait for more views!
Old 09-13-2011, 09:26 PM   #55
declansdad
DIS Dad#639

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
As mom's we sure do enjoy a nice clean resort don't we I can't wait to ride Manta...I may have to do that same though! I'm sure that's what it was with the food....we do love Boma after all

Can't wait for more views!

Coming up!

Been a busy time here this past week. Declan is playing tackle football this year and that has taken up a lot of time recently. He had a jamboree on Saturday, attended two basketball try-outs on Sunday, football game on Monday and a practice tonight. We get a night off tomorrow before practice again on Thursday. Luckily I have a soccer game tomorrow night, just to make sure I don't get bored by sitting still too long.

Here are a few pictures of our gridiron warrior.

Now on to an update!

August 18 - SeaWorld Day 2

We were up around the same time, had breakfast without any table issues, had a nice talk with the Starbucks lady and made it back into the room without any key problems. Caught the shuttle and made our way to the park, got our front of the line bracelets and headed for............MANTA!!!

After another fantastic ride on Manta, we did a bit of sight-seeing.

Started with the turtle area near Manta.

This guy didn't move all day.

Checked out the flamingos again, including a couple of the younger ones.

Made our way to the dolphin nursery. They had 3 young ones and 5 females I think. Apparently the extra females act as baby-sitters.

We decide to go up in the Sky Tower. Usually you pay extra for this but it was included with the front-of-the-line passes. There are some amazing views from the tower.

A view of the Manta

Journey to Atlantis with Aquatica in the background.

Our hotel is the one of the left

Shamu warming up

A familiar sight

Part of Kracken

OK, need to get some rest. Next up is Shamu.

me dw (pooksma) ds

Old 09-13-2011, 10:22 PM   #56
Jazzabelle508
Live, Laugh, Love and Disney <3 :)

great pics of delcan playing football! You guys all sound like your super busy but it also sounds like everyone is enjoying themselves. What is delcan's favorite sport that he is currently playing or trying out to play? ok now for the update. Love all the pretty dolphin pictures. I got this amazing opportunity winter break when i was a sophmore in high school to swim with dolphins in mexico. It was so much fun and now i have this huge soft spot for anything dolphin-related. Love all the sky view pics. I saw disney in a few of those pics which seemed like a great display of the future of your trip. I also enjoyed getting a picture from up high of each roller coaster. we have a six flags that is about a hour from our house and they have this ride that goes up super high and it is great for getting pics of each land in the park. that is what the sky view reminded me of.

Can't wait for more
Pottermore: GoldThorn119 Twitter Page: Jazzyjen508

Old 09-13-2011, 11:14 PM   #57
CanadianWDWfan
DIS Veteran

Declan is so athletic! He just goes from one sport to another. I'm sure he will do great in football.

Wow, awesome views from the Skytower....you could even see Disney!!

Dolphins are so cute!

I don't think I have ever seen a young flamingo before...hope I can find one to show Lexi.

I'm not too picky about which resorts or hotels I stay in as long as they are CLEAN. Good to hear you were pleased with your stay at Springhill.
Old 09-14-2011, 04:45 AM   #58
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I have an observation/evaluation next week, and the book I happen to be using is about turtles. It would really help me out if this guy could come and visit my class next Wednesday. It would be a rockin' awesome visual aid, wouldn't you think?

Good luck to the mighty man and his team. Hope he enjoys the experience. I know you guys are having fun watching him. Drew played a little football, but he was more interested in basketball and soccer. The football coach tried to get Trent to play, but Trent's basketball coach was opposed to that idea, so he stuck with basketball and soccer. He really enjoyed having a sport where he could dress up crazy and be in the stands supporting his friends rather than always being in the game.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 09-14-2011, 07:05 AM   #59
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:
Caught the shuttle and made our way to the park, got our front of the line bracelets and headed for............MANTA!!!
Looks like a great gameplan to start the day with!

Quote:
This guy didn't move all day.
Um... did anybody check his pulse?

Quote:
A familiar sight

Wow! It looks like it is just sitting in the middle of nowhere from that angle. Nice pic!
Old 09-14-2011, 07:11 AM   #60
declansdad
DIS Dad#639

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzabelle508 View Post
great pics of delcan playing football! You guys all sound like your super busy but it also sounds like everyone is enjoying themselves. What is delcan's favorite sport that he is currently playing or trying out to play? ok now for the update. Love all the pretty dolphin pictures. I got this amazing opportunity winter break when i was a sophmore in high school to swim with dolphins in mexico. It was so much fun and now i have this huge soft spot for anything dolphin-related. Love all the sky view pics. I saw disney in a few of those pics which seemed like a great display of the future of your trip. I also enjoyed getting a picture from up high of each roller coaster. we have a six flags that is about a hour from our house and they have this ride that goes up super high and it is great for getting pics of each land in the park. that is what the sky view reminded me of.

Can't wait for more

Declan's favourite and best sport is soccer. He has been playing since he was 4 and has improved every year. After that he alsoplays basketball but this is his first year to try-ouot for a competitive travel team. This is is first year playing tackle football and he loves it so far. He is still gtting use to the contact but he hasn't completely shied away from it. He is a gamer but he is still trying to learn how to hit and tackle. Because he is so tall, he usually is paired up with the bigger kids who are a year older.

It was pretty cool to see Disney from the Tower. You can see the Characters in Flight Ballon if you look closely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianWDWfan View Post
Declan is so athletic! He just goes from one sport to another. I'm sure he will do great in football.

Wow, awesome views from the Skytower....you could even see Disney!!

Dolphins are so cute!

I don't think I have ever seen a young flamingo before...hope I can find one to show Lexi.

I'm not too picky about which resorts or hotels I stay in as long as they are CLEAN. Good to hear you were pleased with your stay at Springhill.

The young flamingo was pretty careful around the adults. They were surprisingly aggressive at times and the young one made sure to stay out of their way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
I have an observation/evaluation next week, and the book I happen to be using is about turtles. It would really help me out if this guy could come and visit my class next Wednesday. It would be a rockin' awesome visual aid, wouldn't you think?

Good luck to the mighty man and his team. Hope he enjoys the experience. I know you guys are having fun watching him. Drew played a little football, but he was more interested in basketball and soccer. The football coach tried to get Trent to play, but Trent's basketball coach was opposed to that idea, so he stuck with basketball and soccer. He really enjoyed having a sport where he could dress up crazy and be in the stands supporting his friends rather than always being in the game.

I'm sure if you all SeaWorld they will send him up. He was swimming around so maybe he is looking for a road trip.

me dw (pooksma) ds

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: