Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-06-2011, 06:19 AM   #16
baseballmickey
DDC #644
 
baseballmickey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 3,971

a little late, but joining in!
__________________
DW - Lisa, DD(7) - Isabella, DS(3) - Jackson

.
Numerous Trips as a kid from 1974-1993. WDWCP MK Custodial Spring '94. Off Property, 1995, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001. Land/Sea @ ASMR/Wonder 2002. CBR 2003. POR 2006. Off Property 2007. DVC @ SSR since 2007.. SSR 2008, 2009.. BWV March 2010. SSR December 2010.
BLT/DCL Dream/BCV July/August 2012. AKL/Vero July 2013. runDisney OKW Jan 2014. SSR/Vero/Pop July 2014. runDisney AoA Nov 2014.
DISDad #644
I'm Going Away... FOREVER! Oh, Great! Could You Get Me a Sandwich? A TR Interrupted
.
My First Trip Report - Escape from New York, Dec 26, 2010 - Jan 1, 2011 - COMPLETED!
.
Our Disney Blog: "Home is Where the Mouse is"

Treguna Mekoides and Trecorum Satis Dee
baseballmickey is offline  
Old 09-06-2011, 08:22 AM   #17
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?
Shocking, isn't it. Oh, wait, thats a taser
 
FreezinRafiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Racine, WI
Posts: 6,054

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
First we have our DS, Declan. Declan is 10 and this made his sixth trip to WDW. He enjoys most rides but refuses to go Small World. The last time we went on this ride, we forced him and he wasn't happy.
Smart kid you've got there!

As a rule, I try to follow any TR with a picture of monkey on a guy's head. So far, you're the first!
__________________
FreezinRafiki is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-06-2011, 08:36 AM   #18
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it
 
afwdwfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Indiana
Posts: 10,351

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
A business woman who was very impatient tried to jump the line and then when that didn't work tried to push people through.

We made it through security and had about 15 minutes before boarding. Can someone tell me why people rush the gate and not follow the zone boarding announcements? This is a pet peeve of mine and it will really get me going on the way back.

We had a short delay leaving again, people rushed the gate once again, people took up all the overhead bin space, AGAIN!!.
Pretty good description of why I HATE flying. If I could just jump on a plane and go without all the other people, that would be fantastic!

I'm glad you guys made it to Orlando safely and you avoided the lightning dangers.
afwdwfan is online now  
Old 09-06-2011, 08:50 AM   #19
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran
 
Queenofallthings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Posts: 4,812

Certain Winnipegger chiming in...to not stop at Tim Horton's is just wrong on so many levels Mmmm, I can just taste it now....will have to stop when I drop Jasmine off at work this morning

We both had "crazy" people at the airport when we were trying to depart....I will be starting my TR later today to fill you in. I have no idea why people storm the gate ... that too makes me crazy!!! I found people for the most part on this trip didn't follow rules that we all learned in kindergarten... I thought last years trip was bad for rude people, boy was I wrong...this one far surpassed last.

Great hotel room....not great about that lightning That would have scared the beejeebees outta me too!!!

Queenofallthings is offline  
Old 09-06-2011, 07:51 PM   #20
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one
 
declansdad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: New Brunswick, Canada
Posts: 20,640

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzabelle508 View Post
I'm in

Tim hortons sounds great I am from the northern part of the U.S but i'm too far south to have a Tim Hortons near me

cute car!

your hotel pics are pretty! where was the hotel?

Scary about the lightening!!!! glad everyone was ok

Love Fridays that was my very first restaraunt i ever ate at

can't wait to hear about discovery cove
You never know there may be a timmies coming to a town near you. Personally I not a big fan, I think there are better places for coffee but they do in a pinch and up here they are everywhere.

The hotel was called Springhill Suites Orlando at SeaWorld. It is located on International Drive, between SeaWorld and Aquatica.

We didn't go to Discovery Cove, sorry. Just did 2 days at SeaWorld.
__________________
Darcy
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr




declansdad is offline  
Old 09-06-2011, 07:55 PM   #21
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one
 
declansdad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: New Brunswick, Canada
Posts: 20,640

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
Since they're both just 'cute as buttons',
(not sure where that phrase came from - I'll have to research)
and since Declan is soon going to be taller than Ma and they won't look like this much longer,
and since we won't see her in many pictures,
I just had to put this one up again.
This is a great picture of your two favorite people, Dad.

I just had a parent at school ask me about SeaWorld, and I told her I had not been in many years. I'd love to hear your quick answer now so I can share with her. They have five children from 1st grade through about 8th. They are going to Orlando, doing possibly one Disney day, but are thinking about SeaWorld and some other things. What's your opinion of SW for the value for them?


That's scary. Florida lightning can be frightening, for sure!

Thanks MeMom, I think they are pretty cute too!


I think your friend would enjoy SeaWorld. There was lots for all ages and the Shows we saw were good. If they were willing to put in a full day they could do it in a day for sure. My favorites were Shamu (simply amazing), the Manta coaster and the dolphin and ray feedings.

The other good thing about SeaWorld is they always seem to be offering the 2nd day free so that does help with the planning.
__________________
Darcy
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr




declansdad is offline  
Old 09-06-2011, 07:58 PM   #22
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one
 
declansdad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: New Brunswick, Canada
Posts: 20,640

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballmickey View Post
a little late, but joining in!
Not too late, we're just getting started, Welcome aboard!
__________________
Darcy
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr




declansdad is offline  
Old 09-06-2011, 07:59 PM   #23
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one
 
declansdad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: New Brunswick, Canada
Posts: 20,640

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
Smart kid you've got there!

As a rule, I try to follow any TR with a picture of monkey on a guy's head. So far, you're the first!

Shhhs, don't tell him about the smart thing.

I should point out the monkey is also wearing a diaper, that must get me extra points.
__________________
Darcy
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr




declansdad is offline  
Old 09-06-2011, 08:01 PM   #24
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one
 
declansdad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: New Brunswick, Canada
Posts: 20,640

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
Pretty good description of why I HATE flying. If I could just jump on a plane and go without all the other people, that would be fantastic!

I'm glad you guys made it to Orlando safely and you avoided the lightning dangers.

Thanks. I wish more gate agents would enforce the zone seating assignments. It is always fun to watch the ones that do. The other thing is the airlines need to enforce their carry-on rules. Leaving Orlando was ridiculous.
__________________
Darcy
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr




declansdad is offline  
Old 09-06-2011, 08:07 PM   #25
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one
 
declansdad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: New Brunswick, Canada
Posts: 20,640

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
Certain Winnipegger chiming in...to not stop at Tim Horton's is just wrong on so many levels Mmmm, I can just taste it now....will have to stop when I drop Jasmine off at work this morning

We both had "crazy" people at the airport when we were trying to depart....I will be starting my TR later today to fill you in. I have no idea why people storm the gate ... that too makes me crazy!!! I found people for the most part on this trip didn't follow rules that we all learned in kindergarten... I thought last years trip was bad for rude people, boy was I wrong...this one far surpassed last.

Great hotel room....not great about that lightning That would have scared the beejeebees outta me too!!!


So did you stop and get your "fix" this morning? The lightning was pretty scary, especially since I was in the pool at the time.

__________________
Darcy
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr




declansdad is offline  
Old 09-06-2011, 09:35 PM   #26
Happy Elf
DIS Veteran
 
Happy Elf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,501

I'm here and ready to hear about your adventure! Awesome car!
__________________
Janell DH-Ben DD-Hannah (9) DS-Owen (5)

Our July 2011 TR: Surf, Sun, and Big Family FUN! Our July 2011 PTR: Big Family Fun...Hopefully!
Our 2009 PTR: Twice the Excitement, Twice the Fun Our 2009 TR:Plans Change with a 4 year old!

Honeymoon-Yacht Club July 2001 All Star Movies July 2003 Hannah's First Trip-All Star Movies September 2006 Owen's First Trip-Pop Century June 2009 Our 10 year Anniversary - Caribbean Beach July 2011
Happy Elf is offline  
Old 09-07-2011, 10:33 AM   #27
CanadianWDWfan
DIS Veteran
 
CanadianWDWfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 2,069

Off to a great start!

Pooksma you look lovely!

I would be game for putting a monkey on my head too.

Love the car! Declan looks very happy...wishing he could drive it!

I was tempted to book the convertible but I picked a cheaper one instead.
You just reminded me I have to call them to add on an extra day.

I havn't flown in a long while...I'm hoping we have a better airport experience.

I'm hoping you have time to get the SeaWorld part of the trip done in the next week.
Pretty please! (I know you are busy. )
I'd love to see your pics and hear any tips you have for us.
I think I'm most excitted about seeing Shamu.
Lexi is most excitted about getting a stuffed Shamu.
I am curious where you would recommend to eat at SW...you had the free dining, right?
__________________
CanadianWDWfan is offline  
Old 09-07-2011, 12:00 PM   #28
Jazzabelle508
Live, Laugh, Love and Disney <3 :)
 
Jazzabelle508's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Not close enough to Disney
Posts: 822

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
You never know there may be a timmies coming to a town near you. Personally I not a big fan, I think there are better places for coffee but they do in a pinch and up here they are everywhere.

The hotel was called Springhill Suites Orlando at SeaWorld. It is located on International Drive, between SeaWorld and Aquatica.

We didn't go to Discovery Cove, sorry. Just did 2 days at SeaWorld.
I live in the general chicago area so there isn't alot of room for a timmies near here. I just think it sounds good. I love starbucks and caribou and it sounds like those places. We have a bigby's coffee that is good 2. I just have heard so many good things about timmies that i just want to see what all the fuss is about.

ok, thanks I don't think we will ever stay off disney property but we will look into it if necessary.

i meant sea world but i accidentally typed discovery cove. opps!
__________________
12-POP Century, 11-POP Century,'09-POP Century,'08-POP Century,'07-A.S.Mu and POP Century,'06-Wilderness Lodge,'05-Carribean Beach, '05-A.S.Sp, '04-Wilderness Lodge,'03-A.S.Sp, and Many More
DM: DD: DB 27: DB 25: DSIL 24: Me 21:
CURRENT THREAD: "Good Morning! No Sleeping!"- A Mother Daughter January Get Away
Pottermore: GoldThorn119 Twitter Page: Jazzyjen508

Jazzabelle508 is offline  
Old 09-07-2011, 04:07 PM   #29
jenneth79
DIS Veteran
 
jenneth79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,283

I'm in going back to read...who *wouldn't* pick a Mustang? I figure my DH would manage to make it the "only choice" in a lot full of cars, tho!
jenneth79 is offline  
Old 09-07-2011, 04:15 PM   #30
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one
 
declansdad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: New Brunswick, Canada
Posts: 20,640

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Elf View Post
I'm here and ready to hear about your adventure! Awesome car!
Welcome back. The car was pretty cool to drive around. I have never had a convertible and mustangs are one of my favourite cars.



Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianWDWfan View Post
Off to a great start!

Pooksma you look lovely!

I would be game for putting a monkey on my head too.

Love the car! Declan looks very happy...wishing he could drive it!

I was tempted to book the convertible but I picked a cheaper one instead.
You just reminded me I have to call them to add on an extra day.

I havn't flown in a long while...I'm hoping we have a better airport experience.

I'm hoping you have time to get the SeaWorld part of the trip done in the next week.
Pretty please! (I know you are busy. )
I'd love to see your pics and hear any tips you have for us.
I think I'm most excitted about seeing Shamu.
Lexi is most excitted about getting a stuffed Shamu.
I am curious where you would recommend to eat at SW...you had the free dining, right?
I plan on getting some of the Seaworld stuff up tomorrow. Tonight Declan has a football practice and I have a soccer game so tonight is a bust. All the SeaWorld pictures are in the Disney 2011 folder on Photobucket if you want to see all them.

We did have free dining on the first day at SeaWorld but to be honest there isn't a lot of choice. We ate at the Voyageur Smokehouse on the first day. It was comparable to a counter service at Disney. One good thing was that you could go back and get water and snacks but you couldn't get it everywhere and some employees didn't seem to know where you could use it. The other problem is nothing was open until noon except for one spot at the very front of the park.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzabelle508 View Post
I live in the general chicago area so there isn't alot of room for a timmies near here. I just think it sounds good. I love starbucks and caribou and it sounds like those places. We have a bigby's coffee that is good 2. I just have heard so many good things about timmies that i just want to see what all the fuss is about.

ok, thanks I don't think we will ever stay off disney property but we will look into it if necessary.

i meant sea world but i accidentally typed discovery cove. opps!

If you like strong coffee (like me) Timmies is not the place; it is pretty middle of the road in my opinion. Great donuts and sandwiches though.
__________________
Darcy
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr




declansdad is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:56 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: