Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2012, 05:30 PM   #226
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
Wow, didn't expect to see this report pop back up! Glad you enjoyed it.

We've never been to DL, do the two compare?
I loved it! But they are both so different that I kept telling myself not to compare them. The parks are literally minutes (walking) from each other. I hated not staying on property, but had a Disneyland view (of both parks) and was able to walk to both parks, Downtown Disney and watch fireworks from our balcony. It was great to do the "Walk in Walt's Footsteps Tour" at DL and walk literally where he walked. Because there are only two parks, it felt as though lots was missing, but at the same time, there was so much that didn't exist at WDW too. It was all good. But if you ever go, you have to try really hard NOT to compare them. I hear that most people, when they compare, they pick the first park they went to. They do things differently there too, like no EMH, but they do have Magic Mornings. On tickets 3 days or more, if you stay off park you get one Magic Morning. We got in at 7am (park opening at 8) and did 7 rights in Fantasyland before the park opened. It was great.

If you decide to go and have questions, let me know! It was worth it and I want to go back, when it's HOT!!!

Tina the F.I. Kindergarten Pop Century (06) Pop Century (07) POFQ (09) All Star Music (09) All Star Movies and Grand Floridian(10) DL HoJo Anaheim (12) Port Orleans Riverside (12) DL Carousel Inn (13) Art of Animation and Pop (13)

My Trip Reports:
Dorothy and Blanche: a tale of leftover shoes and lost things! My Club 33 Disneyland trip! July 2013A Blast from the Past (2009!)The trip to make up for the cold (WDW, July 2012) I'm never staying home for March Break again (Disneyland, March 2012) You little sneak, a TR with lies and pictures (WDW, July/Aug 2010)
Old 04-01-2012, 06:29 PM   #227
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFreak06 View Post
I loved it! But they are both so different that I kept telling myself not to compare them. The parks are literally minutes (walking) from each other. I hated not staying on property, but had a Disneyland view (of both parks) and was able to walk to both parks, Downtown Disney and watch fireworks from our balcony. It was great to do the "Walk in Walt's Footsteps Tour" at DL and walk literally where he walked. Because there are only two parks, it felt as though lots was missing, but at the same time, there was so much that didn't exist at WDW too. It was all good. But if you ever go, you have to try really hard NOT to compare them. I hear that most people, when they compare, they pick the first park they went to. They do things differently there too, like no EMH, but they do have Magic Mornings. On tickets 3 days or more, if you stay off park you get one Magic Morning. We got in at 7am (park opening at 8) and did 7 rights in Fantasyland before the park opened. It was great.

If you decide to go and have questions, let me know! It was worth it and I want to go back, when it's HOT!!!

Thanks. We always thought it would be cool to visit all the Disney parks...but we haven't won the lottery yet.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-01-2012, 06:55 PM   #228
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks. We always thought it would be cool to visit all the Disney parks...but we haven't won the lottery yet.
I hear ya! We stayed at the Howard Johnson across the road, and I've heard people can get way cheaper rooms than we got. (Getting the Disney view, we had the most expensive room, but it was still not too bad.) We were happy with the deal, but seeing as we were two friends travelling together, we split the room, so that helps!

Tina the F.I. Kindergarten Pop Century (06) Pop Century (07) POFQ (09) All Star Music (09) All Star Movies and Grand Floridian(10) DL HoJo Anaheim (12) Port Orleans Riverside (12) DL Carousel Inn (13) Art of Animation and Pop (13)

My Trip Reports:
Dorothy and Blanche: a tale of leftover shoes and lost things! My Club 33 Disneyland trip! July 2013A Blast from the Past (2009!)The trip to make up for the cold (WDW, July 2012) I'm never staying home for March Break again (Disneyland, March 2012) You little sneak, a TR with lies and pictures (WDW, July/Aug 2010)
Old 04-01-2012, 08:31 PM   #229
JolllyHoliday
Mouseketeer

Kind of new to posting and I found your trip report. I am enjoying it very much. You all look like you are having so much fun together.
Old 04-01-2012, 08:57 PM   #230
declansdad
DIS Dad#639

Quote:
Originally Posted by JolllyHoliday View Post
Kind of new to posting and I found your trip report. I am enjoying it very much. You all look like you are having so much fun together.

Thanks, glad you are enjoying it.

We have a great time together. We have spent quite a bit of time at WDW by ourselves and we have started to add cruises to our trips. We just came back from a 5 day cruise in early March and we are looking at a Disney cruise for next year.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds

Old 04-02-2012, 07:12 AM   #231
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:

We have a great time together. We have spent quite a bit of time at WDW by ourselves and we have started to add cruises to our trips. We just came back from a 5 day cruise in early March and we are looking at a Disney cruise for next year.
Awesome!
What month are you thinking of doing this?
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 04-02-2012, 03:45 PM   #232
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks, glad you are enjoying it.

Great! Can't wait to read that TR too! I would love to go on a cruise. Need a babysitter for Declan?

My Trip Reports:
Old 04-02-2012, 07:13 PM   #233
declansdad
DIS Dad#639

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
Awesome!
What month are you thinking of doing this?

March again. The only problem with that is it will probably be our Disney trip for the year. We may get a day or to after the cruise if we're lucky.

me dw (pooksma) ds

Old 04-02-2012, 07:17 PM   #234
declansdad
DIS Dad#639

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFreak06 View Post
Great! Can't wait to read that TR too! I would love to go on a cruise. Need a babysitter for Declan?

I think the kid clubs will take care of that and I don't think we can keep another Disney trip a secret from Declan. He still hasn't found out about the 2008 trip.

me dw (pooksma) ds

Old 04-03-2012, 05:33 AM   #235
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
March again. The only problem with that is it will probably be our Disney trip for the year. We may get a day or to after the cruise if we're lucky.
I hope you get some Disney park time along with the cruise, especially if that ends up being your only trip for the year. If Declan could only do two parks for one day each, which ones would he pick?
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 04-03-2012, 06:47 AM   #236
declansdad
DIS Dad#639

Quote:
I hope you get some Disney park time along with the cruise, especially if that ends up being your only trip for the year. If Declan could only do two parks for one day each, which ones would he pick?
Good question, I will have to ask him. I would guess MK and DHS.

me dw (pooksma) ds

Old 04-13-2012, 11:14 AM   #237
TCKK
DIS Veteran

Hi Declansdad and Pooksma and Declan:

I just completed reading your report. It sounds like you guys had a wonderful trip. We were there just a couple of days after you left. We had a great time too.

I have so enjoyed seeing all your pictures. POFQ looks like a beautiful resort. We may have to go over and check it out when we go back this fall. Our plans are to check out several of the resorts we've never been to before.

You asked on Memom's report if there would be free dining on our trip and the answer is yes. We also got it last year for most of the trip. We thoroughly enjoyed it and were so glad to get it again. Our oldest daughter goes to college about 30-45 minutes south of Disney and we will be taking her back to school and then we'll be spending 11 nights at Disney. We're hoping she'll be able to come and spend at least one day with us as she did last year.

Again, this has been a wonderful report. It was fun seeing Declan "growing up" in front of the wrecker. You and ma look good (well I mean what few times we were allowed to see her ).

You guys take care and maybe someday we can meet up again and take another ride on POTC!
Old 04-13-2012, 01:38 PM   #238
declansdad
DIS Dad#639

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCKK View Post

I just completed reading your report. It sounds like you guys had a wonderful trip. We were there just a couple of days after you left. We had a great time too.

I have so enjoyed seeing all your pictures. POFQ looks like a beautiful resort. We may have to go over and check it out when we go back this fall. Our plans are to check out several of the resorts we've never been to before.

You asked on Memom's report if there would be free dining on our trip and the answer is yes. We also got it last year for most of the trip. We thoroughly enjoyed it and were so glad to get it again. Our oldest daughter goes to college about 30-45 minutes south of Disney and we will be taking her back to school and then we'll be spending 11 nights at Disney. We're hoping she'll be able to come and spend at least one day with us as she did last year.

Again, this has been a wonderful report. It was fun seeing Declan "growing up" in front of the wrecker. You and ma look good (well I mean what few times we were allowed to see her ).

You guys take care and maybe someday we can meet up again and take another ride on POTC!
I guess having your daughter going to school near WDW is a great excuse for a trip.

That was our second time at POFQ and it is a great spot. It is nice and small so it is easy to get around and it is close to everything. EPCOT and DHS take no time at all, the drivers use the back way by Fort Wilderness to get to MK so that is pretty quick and AK takes maybe 15 minutes.

We had free dining last summer as well for for the entire trip. It is a nice incentive to take a trip. We even had free dining one day at SeaWorld, although the options are much fewer.

As you tell by my signature, we booked a 4 day cruise on the Dream. It is still a long ways away but we are pretty excited about our first Disney cruise. We will have a couple of days in Orlando at the end but I think we may have to do the unthinkable and finally go to Universal. Pooksma's brother will be in Orlando and Declan wants to ride the big coasters with him.

me dw (pooksma) ds

Old 04-13-2012, 05:43 PM   #239
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCKK View Post

Totally not fair if you guys get to cross paths again before we get to meet either one of you once!

But I do hope it works for you to meet again.

I hope your daughter gets to come over and share some magic with you. You are staying for a good long time. Very nice!

Quote:

That was our second time at POFQ and it is a great spot. It is nice and small so it is easy to get around and it is close to everything.

As you tell by my signature, we booked a 4 day cruise on the Dream. It is still a long ways away but we are pretty excited about our first Disney cruise. We will have a couple of days in Orlando at the end but I think we may have to do the unthinkable and finally go to Universal. Pooksma's brother will be in Orlando and Declan wants to ride the big coasters with him.
A trip on the Dream will be incredible!

POFQ is nice, isn't it? Quaint is the words that comes to mind. Definitely a different atmosphere than Pop.

Universal? I guess it's okay for visiting, but don't let him go completely over to the dark side.

Old 04-13-2012, 08:27 PM   #240
declansdad
DIS Dad#639

Quote:
A trip on the Dream will be incredible!

POFQ is nice, isn't it? Quaint is the words that comes to mind. Definitely a different atmosphere than Pop.

Universal? I guess it's okay for visiting, but don't let him go completely over to the dark side.

No worries there, there is the new Fantasyland to visit.

me dw (pooksma) ds

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: