Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-31-2011, 09:00 AM   #181
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Great pictures! So you got to DHS at 9 at the first FP time was already 12:00? Yeesh. Sounds like Jedi Academy was pretty popular, too.

I'm glad to see you didn't let the surprise October snow stop you from having fun as well!
Old 11-02-2011, 07:21 PM   #182
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Great pictures! So you got to DHS at 9 at the first FP time was already 12:00? Yeesh. Sounds like Jedi Academy was pretty popular, too.

I'm glad to see you didn't let the surprise October snow stop you from having fun as well!

It still amazes me that TSM is still that popular.

October snow was terrible but at least we didn't lose our power. That would be a terrible way to spend the last week.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-02-2011, 07:54 PM   #183
declansdad
DIS Dad#639

More of August 24th

So we left on on our way to Sounds Dangerous to check in for the Jedi Academy. At one point, they ask for every one but one parent to head over to the stage area to get spots while one person stayed with the young Jedi trainee. I stayed with Declan and we were sent over about 10 minutes after Pooksma.

Shortly after getting into the stage area the younger group went to the stage while the older group stayed on the ground and received their robes.

Soon the instructors were out and the show started with a demonstration and the instruction.

Next you could feel the dark side approaching.

Then it was time for the battle.

The young Jedis managed to thwart the Dark Side and sent them packing...for now.

The funniest part of the show was a little guy on the stage fighting Vader. He thought it was real and the look on his face was so intense you go see him trying to put the light saber through Vader.

After Declan received his certificate we headed inside to ride Star Tours again. Declan thought he had the new system figured out and asked for the last row but it was a little more random than he thought.

We then used our FPs for TSM.

ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds

Old 11-02-2011, 08:20 PM   #184
declansdad
DIS Dad#639

After TSM we decided to do the art glass at the Animation Studio. We then rode TOT as a walk on in the middle of the afternoon before heading back to the Resort.

On the way back to POFQ it started to poor and I mean poor. The water coming off the tires of the vehicles was amazing. When we got back to the resort it was still raining but we needed to go to POR to get the string thing. Declan and grabbed some ponchos and started along the path to POR. The path was like wading a river, at least 2 inches of water.

There wasn't a problem making the exchange and they have one fantastic gift shop. It puts the one at POFQ to shame. We grabbed some lunch before heading back. We tried to get a boat but they shut them down just as we headed for the dock.

Around 6 pm we headed to AKL via an EPCOT bus and switched there to an AKL bus. Our good friends were waiting for us in the lobby. We were having dinner with some Dis friends for Winnipeg. We met them a couple of years ago and stayed in touch. Since our trips overlapped we decided ot meet for diner. You may know them as Queenofallthings, Purplepeg, Geodoc and their families.

We got there early enough to look around the Savannah, they showed us their DVC suites and then we checked in for dinner.

Here is a shot of our happy group.

After a great meal, we headed out to the pool and the kids all went for a swim and watched the movie while the adults sat around and chatted away.

To get back to the resort we hope a bus to DTD and then to POFQ, we managed to get back by midnight.

Next up our last full day and an entertaining breakfast.

me dw (pooksma) ds

Old 11-03-2011, 07:17 AM   #185
BrooklynnsMommy
DIS Veteran

Great update. Sadly we have never experienced the Jedi Academy. With 2 little girls we usually pause for a moment to watch and then walk on. I wouldn't have a clue what was going on anyway.
Old 11-03-2011, 07:38 AM   #186
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

The Jedi Academy looks like a lot of fun. I wish that would have been there when I was Declan's age. I'd do it when we later this month, but I assume they'd frown on a 30 year old trying to grab a light saber and go after Vader.
Old 11-03-2011, 09:19 AM   #187
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

Great update! Your pictures of the Jedi Training Academy are great! I love when the little ones think its real...you just see the magic!

I love that shot of all of us at dinner....it was a fantastic night! Here's to hoping we have a future trip that overlaps
Old 11-03-2011, 03:08 PM   #188
declansdad
DIS Dad#639

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynnsMommy View Post
Great update. Sadly we have never experienced the Jedi Academy. With 2 little girls we usually pause for a moment to watch and then walk on. I wouldn't have a clue what was going on anyway.
Maybe someday you'll get the chance. I'm sure Brooklynn would have a blast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
The Jedi Academy looks like a lot of fun. I wish that would have been there when I was Declan's age. I'd do it when we later this month, but I assume they'd frown on a 30 year old trying to grab a light saber and go after Vader.

I thought the same thing but the robes wouldn't fit me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
Great update! Your pictures of the Jedi Training Academy are great! I love when the little ones think its real...you just see the magic!

I love that shot of all of us at dinner....it was a fantastic night! Here's to hoping we have a future trip that overlaps

There is always that chance since we both like to go in the summer. You never know, one of these days I might have a meeting in Winnipeg or you can show your families your old stomping grounds on the East Coast.

me dw (pooksma) ds

Old 11-03-2011, 07:56 PM   #189
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post

After a great meal, we headed out to the pool and the kids all went for a swim and watched the movie while the adults sat around and chatted away.
Sounds like a very enjoyable evening.

Maybe when I get some grandsons I will be forced to learn about Star Wars things.

Oh, wait, I said forced.
I already know something, and I don't even have grandsons yet!
There is something about 'the force' in Star Wars, I am pretty sure. I am hoping it's a good force, but I make no guarantees.

Here is my synopsis of Star Wars people: The brown coats are good guys. I know that because Declan wouldof course be the good guy, right?!?!? The black covered guy is the bad guy, the white soldiers are bad guys....I think that is all correct. The little green guy - not sure if he is good or bad. The small robot = good. The gold robot = good. The huge brown hairy guy - not sure. Where they all live, I do not know. Somewhere in outer space.

And then there is a fun ride about this at Hollywood Studios. That, I know for a fact!
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 11-08-2011, 06:16 PM   #190
declansdad
DIS Dad#639

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
Sounds like a very enjoyable evening.

Maybe when I get some grandsons I will be forced to learn about Star Wars things.

Oh, wait, I said forced.
I already know something, and I don't even have grandsons yet!
There is something about 'the force' in Star Wars, I am pretty sure. I am hoping it's a good force, but I make no guarantees.

Here is my synopsis of Star Wars people: The brown coats are good guys. I know that because Declan wouldof course be the good guy, right?!?!? The black covered guy is the bad guy, the white soldiers are bad guys....I think that is all correct. The little green guy - not sure if he is good or bad. The small robot = good. The gold robot = good. The huge brown hairy guy - not sure. Where they all live, I do not know. Somewhere in outer space.

And then there is a fun ride about this at Hollywood Studios. That, I know for a fact!

I think you have the six movies down pat! You're grandsons will have no worries.

me dw (pooksma) ds

Old 11-08-2011, 06:34 PM   #191
declansdad
DIS Dad#639

OK I need to get a bit of an update in here. I will be away in Toronto for the next few days so I need to give all four of you something.

So on to August 25 - our last full day.

Today we were starting off with breakfast at Whispering Canyon. We have had dinner here before but never breakfast. We were hoping that it would be as fun and we weren't disappointed.

The ADR was for 9 am so we took the bus to MK and then hoped aboard a boat to Wilderness Lodge.

We were seated fairly quickly and were very surprised at how empty the restaurant was. I would guess half full at best. We had a fantastic server who was lots of fun.

Declan took part in the races.

Look how fast he is going!

Before leaving we asked for our traditional picture of Declan and our server. One of which is above. He then offered to take our picture.

That's us in the background. He did take our picture but he then proceeded around the restaurant taking random pictures of other guests

and other servers.

After the meal (the breakfast version of the Canyon Skillet), we made our way back to the boat dock and headed back to MK.

Continued in next post.

me dw (pooksma) ds

Old 11-08-2011, 06:57 PM   #192
declansdad
DIS Dad#639

We entered MK and headed for Space Mountain.

But first we found Mary Poppins. She is Pooksma all-time favourite character and we have only ran into her once (at the GF) and she was a bit of a disappointment. This one was bang on. She had a great conversation with Declan about his future career and wondered if had considered becoming a chimney sweep.

There is a picture with Pooksma as well but you all know the rules.

Space Mountain was a walk-on and when we exited we came out into a rain squall so we decided another ride into space would be a good call. Turned out is was. As we were loading our launch vehicle, there were FPs laying on each seat of the car. SCORE! So that would make it three rides in a row.

Next up we headed into the Laugh Floor.

It was now time to stroll across the park one last time for a ride on BTMRR. But not before some more Castle Shots.

The wait at BTMRR was about 30 minutes but we, along with another couple, entertained ourselves going through the line.

We decided on one more ride and it was POTC.

All that was left for us were Dole Whips and some shopping. While in the shops, these guys were playing on the street and they were fantastic.

We were back at the resort by 2 pm for a short rest before heading back out to EPCOT. Here is our last view of MK for the trip.

me dw (pooksma) ds

Old 11-08-2011, 08:12 PM   #193
ddluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

OMG those castle pics are beautiful. You are quite the photograher.
We all love BTMRR and are sad b/c it will be closed for refurb. on our next trip .
great update thanks!
February 2014*December 2013*October2013 F&W *September 2013*July 2013-Our condo.*April 2013- Our condo!!*April 2012- Sheraton Vistana*August 2011-Poly & HRH/CL Mom's 40th B-Day*November 2010- Bonnet Creek* August 2010-BC/CL & HRH/CL Mom's B-Day trip* April 2009- Orange Lake Resort* August 2008- GF/CL (Anniversary trip kid free)*April 2008- Orange Lake Resort* June 2007- Orange Lake Resort(2DS b-day trip)* April 2005- Orange Lake Resort* May 1995- CBR (honeymoon)* April 1988 off property* July 1978 off property
Old 11-09-2011, 04:33 AM   #194
MeMom
DIS Veteran

So many fun shots of Magic Kingdom! I wonder if the band guys are full-time employees or if they just come over to play at certain times as extra jobs. They always seem to be having such a good time.

So glad Ma got a good Mary Poppins this time.

You said Dole Whips and what???
'Fess up. What did you buy?
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 11-09-2011, 10:05 AM   #195
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

Great pics once again!

I think having an awesome server at WCC makes or breaks your meal....looks like you had a great one! I love the random pics he took.

Leaving the MK for the last time always chokes me up more than any other park!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: