Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-22-2011, 01:30 AM   #106
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Great new update!

The fireworks at sea are pretty nice and I always look out for other cruise ships nearby - just look for them and I am almost certain there will be one closeby. A friend told me to look for other ships watching "our" fireworks and so far EVERY trip I noticed at least ONE ship!
BUT - I liked Pirate night and Mickey flying from one funnel to the other more than the show on the DREAM. We watched it the first time around, but then didn't bother any more, just went for the fireworks!
And one day I will be able to skip dinner and just indulge in the dessert buffet - one day .........
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

Old 10-25-2011, 05:14 PM   #107
melmar136
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Great new update!

The fireworks at sea are pretty nice and I always look out for other cruise ships nearby - just look for them and I am almost certain there will be one closeby. A friend told me to look for other ships watching "our" fireworks and so far EVERY trip I noticed at least ONE ship!
BUT - I liked Pirate night and Mickey flying from one funnel to the other more than the show on the DREAM. We watched it the first time around, but then didn't bother any more, just went for the fireworks!
And one day I will be able to skip dinner and just indulge in the dessert buffet - one day .........
Hmm, I'll have to look next time to see if we can see another cruise ship out there! They must be jealous that they have to watch the DCL fireworks!
I really wish we weren't so full, and could have at least tried a few things at the Pirate Night buffet!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-25-2011, 05:40 PM   #108
melmar136
DIS Veteran

Enchanted Garden Breakfast

Meg and I woke up around 8, and got ready for breakfast. I talked her into going to Enchanted Garden. She hadn't wanted to, because she wanted to be "surprised" when we went there on our dinner rotation that night. But I convinced her by saying that if she went during the day, she would see the room in a different way than it would be at night. The flower light fixtures open, and then close at night, and during the day, the walls go from looking like a sunny day outside in a garden, to dark at dinner time.

So, she agreed, and off we went.

581 by mlm313, on Flickr

After stopping for that picture, we arrived at the Enchanted Garden.

592 by mlm313, on Flickr

I was excited because they have a buffet breakfast there, which I guess is somewhat similar to the buffet at Cabanas, but much less crowded and with servers for everything else, like juice, coffee/tea, etc.

We went up to get a plate of food. Meg got eggs, bacon, home fries, and a Mickey waffle, and a bowl of fruit.

582 by mlm313, on Flickr

583 by mlm313, on Flickr

I got the same thing as Meg, but I got a Krispy Kreme! and a little biscuit.

584 by mlm313, on Flickr

585 by mlm313, on Flickr

Can you tell I was excited about the donut? I took a big bite before remembering to take a picture of it!

Our server, Estewar, came over and did some very cool magic tricks, and napkin designs for us.

587 by mlm313, on Flickr

588 by mlm313, on Flickr

589 by mlm313, on Flickr

He was very nice, and his magic tricks were great. Breakfast was really good, except for the Mickey waffles. They were pretty hard. When we were leaving, we overheard a guy yelling at a manager about how awful, and hard the waffles were. Really? You need to yell about waffles? When there is a TON of other food to eat? I guess he had his heart set on those waffles!

We looked around the restaurant, before leaving, with Meg snapping more pictures.

586 by mlm313, on Flickr

590 by mlm313, on Flickr

591 by mlm313, on Flickr

Then, we were off to meet some characters!
Old 10-25-2011, 07:42 PM   #109
BerrysGirl
Waiting for the Lights

What a pretty breakfast! Your napkin pictures cracked me up because in college, my BFF use to cater and they'd fold the napkins all fancy for the events. If they had linen napkins when we would go out to eat, she'd always insist on making all the different shapes she learned at work. Although hers weren't nearly as fancy!

(87) Offsite (91) Disney Inn (95) Port Orleans (99) Dixie Landings (02) Contemporary (05) Wilderness Lodge (08) Boardwalk (09) All Star Movies (10) Dolphin (11) Bay Lake Towers (11) Caribbean Beach (11) Coronado Springs (11) Boardwalk Villas
Old 10-26-2011, 12:11 AM   #110
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Hi! I caught up over the weekend, but didn't get a chance to post. I'm really enjoying your trip, and your great pics of the Dream! It looks like you had a wonderful time together - especially your mixology class!

The Enchanted Garden looks so beautiful - makes me want to book, just to eat dinner in there! Do the lights change from daylight to stars?
Old 10-26-2011, 12:43 AM   #111
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Breakfast looks great. It was good you talked your DD into it!

Those servers know a lot of fun magic tricks. On our first cruise on the DREAM this summer we had a young couple and she fell for the tricks every time. Cracked the rest of us up.

There is something seriously wrong with Mickey Waffles on the Disney ships I need yet to find a really good one too. Maybe they are just out too long?
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

Old 10-28-2011, 08:52 PM   #112
melmar136
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerrysGirl View Post
What a pretty breakfast! Your napkin pictures cracked me up because in college, my BFF use to cater and they'd fold the napkins all fancy for the events. If they had linen napkins when we would go out to eat, she'd always insist on making all the different shapes she learned at work. Although hers weren't nearly as fancy!
The Enchanted Garden was my favorite place of breakfast. And yes, the napkins were pretty cool. Better than the towel animals!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
Hi! I caught up over the weekend, but didn't get a chance to post. I'm really enjoying your trip, and your great pics of the Dream! It looks like you had a wonderful time together - especially your mixology class!
The Enchanted Garden looks so beautiful - makes me want to book, just to eat dinner in there! Do the lights change from daylight to stars?
Glad you're all caught up! The Dream really was so nice. The pictures don't do it justice. And the mixology class was great! Next time, maybe I'll do the champagne one!
The flower lights in the Enchanted Garden close up, and the "sky" went from looking like sunset to dark. Not sure if there were stars. I'll have to pay better attention!

Quote:
Breakfast looks great. It was good you talked your DD into it!

Those servers know a lot of fun magic tricks. On our first cruise on the DREAM this summer we had a young couple and she fell for the tricks every time. Cracked the rest of us up.

There is something seriously wrong with Mickey Waffles on the Disney ships I need yet to find a really good one too. Maybe they are just out too long?
I fell for the magic tricks too! I never can figure out how they do them! Which makes me very easy to impress!

Yes, there was a problem with the Mickey waffles, but I was good, since I had the Krispy Kreme donuts instead!
Old 10-29-2011, 07:11 PM   #113
melmar136
DIS Veteran

Pumpkins and Snowstorms!

Thought we'd throw in a real life update since it IS Disney related.

Meg found some Disney pumpkin carving templates online here. So, she picked one, and got to work.

BEFORE:

096 by mlm313, on Flickr

DURING:

099 by mlm313, on Flickr

100 by mlm313, on Flickr

103 by mlm313, on Flickr

AFTER:

104 by mlm313, on Flickr

105 by mlm313, on Flickr

106 by mlm313, on Flickr

It's Jack Skellington!

We are stuck in the house tonite, as we are having a very freak Nor'easter in MA. We rarely get snow in October, and if we DO, it is usually a dusting. But tonite, we are getting over a foot. Luckily, we still have power. A lot of people don't, because there are still many trees with all their leaves and the heavy snow is weighing them down, causing the branches to fall and take out power lines!

Let's hope we don't need to huddle around the table with our newly carved pumpkin for light!
Old 10-29-2011, 09:52 PM   #114
BerrysGirl
Waiting for the Lights

I love your pumpkin!!! I tried to do Jack a few years ago and it looked nothing like yours (aka not like Jack). But he's the pumpkin king so it's so appropriate!

And you can keep that snow where it is! It's chillier here but nowhere near snow cold... and I like it that way!

(87) Offsite (91) Disney Inn (95) Port Orleans (99) Dixie Landings (02) Contemporary (05) Wilderness Lodge (08) Boardwalk (09) All Star Movies (10) Dolphin (11) Bay Lake Towers (11) Caribbean Beach (11) Coronado Springs (11) Boardwalk Villas
Old 10-30-2011, 12:13 AM   #115
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Cool pumpkins! I hope your power stays on, and you keep warm this weekend.
Old 10-30-2011, 02:18 AM   #116
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

That's one great pumpkin!!!!!!!! I love those Family Fun templates - they always have the most fun ones!

Hope you still have power!

Old 10-30-2011, 03:10 AM   #117
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

I just found your TR and your trip is almost over! Love all of your pics I have to go on a Disney cruise one day - love how you and your daughter are enjoying your together and alone times.

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney
Old 10-31-2011, 10:28 PM   #118
Disneydragonfly
Earning My Ears

Loving your TR!! The Dream seems so beautiful and lots of fun!! We are in MA too. We live in central ma and ended up with around a foot of snow. We are still without power. They are saying Thursday, at the earliest! Can't wait for your next update!! Thank goodness for phones that connect to the Internet! Hope your staying warm! It's way too cold!
Old 11-01-2011, 01:26 AM   #119
LisaKeys
Mouseketeer

Well, needed to find a new TR to read, and came upon yours. What a lucky pick!!! I am enjoying it immensely!

I had never heard of an FE before your report, so I learned something new. What a great way to interact with fellow DISers while on a Disney Cruise - pixie dust all around.

I enjoyed your TR in the parks, and am enjoying your ship TR. I especially like your candor as to your opinions on food, rides, interactions, etc.

Looking forward to reading more...

Someone please stop the Mango, Garlic and DxDP!!! Jan 10-23, 2011

July 1973 - MK one day/off site; November 1991 - WDW Villa's; February 1993 WDW off site; November 1999 - WDW offsite; December 2001 - WDW BWLBV-DTD; Jan 10-23, 2011 - Coronado Springs Resort and Best Western DTD
Old 11-02-2011, 01:40 PM   #120
melmar136
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerrysGirl View Post
I love your pumpkin!!! I tried to do Jack a few years ago and it looked nothing like yours (aka not like Jack). But he's the pumpkin king so it's so appropriate!

And you can keep that snow where it is! It's chillier here but nowhere near snow cold... and I like it that way!
Thanks! Meg did a great job on it. And free templates are always good!
We wound up with a foot of snow! Trick-or-treating was cancelled for lots of towns! How sad is that?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
Cool pumpkins! I hope your power stays on, and you keep warm this weekend.
Thanks! We actually lost power for three looonnnngggg days! Very cold, and boring! Luckily we showered at friends' houses, and they had us over for dinner!

Quote:
That's one great pumpkin!!!!!!!! I love those Family Fun templates - they always have the most fun ones!

Hope you still have power!
Thanks Karin! Our power is back now. Really makes you appreciate it when you don't have it.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: