Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2011, 03:49 PM   #31
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

All caught up!

I LOVE your tripreport. Can't wait for the DREAM part to start!
TR Summer 2014: We're out of it! A MAGICal Med adventure TR 2013: Get off the ship .....
Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

Old 09-22-2011, 04:22 PM   #32
melmar136
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
All caught up!

I LOVE your tripreport. Can't wait for the DREAM part to start!
Hi Karin! Thanks so much! Excited to hear the rest of your TR as well!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-22-2011, 04:24 PM   #33
melmar136
DIS Veteran

Illuminations and the Lost Pearl

We met up with a family from Canada, a mom and dad with 2 girls, and another single mom, with her daughter and son. They were surprising their kids with the cruise. Meg knew about it the day I booked it. I am so not good at keeping exciting surprises, and don't think I could EVER do a surprise trip to WDW!

We checked in at 8pm, and got a nice surprise! They are now giving a discount for DVC and AP! Nice! Each family got back $17!

323 by mlm313, on Flickr

We got Katie for our driver/captain. She was very nice. There were lots of drinks (cans of soda and bottles of water) and bags of chips for everyone. We munched while we cruised in the rain. Yep, it started again, just in time for our boat ride!
We took a little ride around the area of the Boardwalk, the Swan, and the Dolphin (or the Fish, as Meg calls it, because it looks nothing like a dolphin!) Katie told us some stories about when they were building those 2 hotels, they made a mistake and put the statues on the wrong buildings. Also, they thought they might connect them to the monorail, and have it go right through them, like at CR. Hmmm...I wonder!

Then, we headed towards EPCOT and parked under the bridge near the International Gateway. There were 5 other boats also parked there. Thankfully, the rain had stopped by then, and we got to watch Illuminations.

326 by mlm313, on Flickr

327 by mlm313, on Flickr

039 by mlm313, on Flickr

042 by mlm313, on Flickr

We didn't get the best pictures, and one of the camera batteries died at this point. It was a great experience to see Illuminations this way, but I didn't think you could see everything as well as watching from one of the countries in WS. We felt close, but also far away at the same time, if that makes sense. You couldn't see all the countries light up from where we were, and we probably wouldn't do one of these cruises again. But, it was fun nonetheless.

After Illuminations was over, Katie cruised us back over to the Yacht Club. We hopped on a boat to head back to EPCOT. There was EMH that night until midnight. When we got to the gate though, Meg realized she didn't have her KTTW card. The CM let us in anyways, but Meg couldn't go on any rides, so we bought a cookie and made our way to the exit.

044 by mlm313, on Flickr

We got our bus back to the hotel, and started unpacking our backpacks when we got to the room.

I asked Meg to see her ring. She looked in her backpack, and told me she had given it to me because she didn't have it. I told her no, because I had my pearl in it's little bag, but I had nothing of hers. (Sure, blame the mother!) I checked and double checked our bags, but her ring, in its bag was nowhere to be found.

I called Lost & Found and got a CM who told me to check back the next day after noon, because they bring all of the lost items to one place. But, she looked at the Lost & Found at EPCOT and said they had nothing like a ring.

I tried to retrace our steps, wondering where it got lost, and could only think that Meg had left the bag hanging in the ladies room in the American Adventure pavilion when she took off her poncho earlier that day. (pretty much about 10 minutes after we picked it up!)
We did call Lost & Found the next day, but they didn't have the ring! Some lucky person got a nice new ring that trip, but it wasn't Meg!
She wants to try again next year, and I will make sure they send the bag right to our hotel!

Weather: started out sunny and hot, but there were thunderstorms and then rain that lasted much of the day
Best thing: Via Napoli! Meg is now a pizza snob, and compares all pizza to there.
Worst thing: Meg losing her ring!
Old 09-22-2011, 05:01 PM   #34
debfen
Earning My Ears

I love reading your TR! What a bummer that Meg lost her ring. Can't wait to read more.

Old 09-22-2011, 05:34 PM   #35
BerrysGirl
Waiting for the Lights

What I sweet way to remember your mom! Sorry to hear about Meg's ring though

(87) Offsite (91) Disney Inn (95) Port Orleans (99) Dixie Landings (02) Contemporary (05) Wilderness Lodge (08) Boardwalk (09) All Star Movies (10) Dolphin (11) Bay Lake Towers (11) Caribbean Beach (11) Coronado Springs (11) Boardwalk Villas
Old 09-22-2011, 06:33 PM   #36
melmar136
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by debfen View Post
I love reading your TR! What a bummer that Meg lost her ring. Can't wait to read more.
Thank you, and to our TR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerrysGirl View Post
What I sweet way to remember your mom! Sorry to hear about Meg's ring though
I needed to do something to remember my mom at Disney, especially since she is responsible for our Disney love and now our DVC!

I know, Meg and I were so disappointed about her ring.
Old 09-23-2011, 08:50 PM   #37
melmar136
DIS Veteran

MK Morning

The day began with bagels in our room. Gotta love Garden Grocer! I can't find the same kind of bagels here at home, and they were so yummy!

We left to get the bus to Magic Kingdom, and there were more people waiting in line for that bus than we had seen all week, waiting for any of the buses, and one of the crowd calendars said it would be the least crowded at MK that day...

We arrived at what seemed to be our usual time for the parks, 9:15. Somehow, we were always 15 minutes late for RD!

329 by mlm313, on Flickr

We headed to get FPs for Space Mountain, after walking up Main Street, of course.

330 by mlm313, on Flickr

331 by mlm313, on Flickr

Meg was wearing the shirt I made her just for our ADR that day!

We got to Tomorrowland...

332 by mlm313, on Flickr

333 by mlm313, on Flickr

We got our FPs. Meg was happy. I don't love Space Mountain, so up until this year, I have always told her the wait is too long. I have done the same for Splash Mountain. She had always just accepted that answer, until this year, she finally figured out that I was just telling her that because I didn't really want to go on. So, I told her, fine, we'd go on both this time.

We went to Carousel of Progress. I love this. Such a classic! "There's a great big beautiful tomorrow shining at the end of everyday...."

335 by mlm313, on Flickr

After this, we went to Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor. Funny, as always.

336 by mlm313, on Flickr

Meg thinks we went on Space Mountain after this, but I'm not so sure. She has a picture of it, so maybe...

337 by mlm313, on Flickr

We walked right on. That we do agree on. But somehow, the CM split us up into 2 different cars, so Meg was the car after me. Whatever. I like the ride ok, but it is so jerky. Meg didn't like it for that reason. She felt like she was going to fall out of her seat. I guess she is used to the smooth upside-downness of RnRc!

We walked over to Liberty Square

338 by mlm313, on Flickr

and we went on...

339 by mlm313, on Flickr

The wait, going through the new queue was about 15 minutes. We went that way since we hadn't seen it yet.

340 by mlm313, on Flickr

341 by mlm313, on Flickr

343 by mlm313, on Flickr

We liked it. You could "play" an instrument on one part, and push books in and out on a bookshelf. There was a big tomb that squirted water. It was cute, and nice to be doing something while waiting in line.
We really liked the new hitch-hiking ghosts at the end. They switched our heads, and sat on top of the doom buggy, stretching our heads!

We walked out of Liberty Square, and headed towards the castle. Meg didn't want to go into the Hall of Presidents. She said she was on summer vacation, and so shouldn't be doing any learning!

345 by mlm313, on Flickr

347 by mlm313, on Flickr

Then we went to our lunch destination. Can you guess where?

348 by mlm313, on Flickr
Old 09-23-2011, 11:12 PM   #38
dizney chick
Mouseketeer

What a small world. We stayed in the same room 7901 at KV from 9/1 - 9/11. It really was a great location.

I am really enjoying reading about your trip. I can't wait to hear more.
Old 09-24-2011, 12:47 AM   #39
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Great new updates!
Such a shame about Meg's ring. ..... and not having her KTTW card for EMHs.
Love you MK day so far. That new queue area at the HM is so much fun. I could have done with a slower moving line to try out more of the interactive things.

Can't wait for more!
TR Summer 2014: We're out of it! A MAGICal Med adventure TR 2013: Get off the ship .....
Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

Old 09-24-2011, 08:23 AM   #40
melmar136
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizney chick View Post
What a small world. We stayed in the same room 7901 at KV from 9/1 - 9/11. It really was a great location.

I am really enjoying reading about your trip. I can't wait to hear more.
Hi! Thanks for joining in! Wasn't that a great room and location at Kidani? One question though, did you have any issues with the TV? Not that we watched it much, but we tried to get updates on the upcoming hurricane, Irene, and it kept freezing! That was our only issue there though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Great new updates!
Such a shame about Meg's ring. ..... and not having her KTTW card for EMHs.
Love you MK day so far. That new queue area at the HM is so much fun. I could have done with a slower moving line to try out more of the interactive things.

Can't wait for more!
Yeah, our Epcot day did not end so well, with no KTTW card for Meg and then the discovery of the missing ring!
We did like the queue at HM, and it was fun to "play" with stuff!
Old 09-24-2011, 09:13 AM   #41
MelMel11
Mouseketeer

Count me in!!! That is terrible about meg's ring!!!That would have made me sick...
Old 09-24-2011, 06:42 PM   #42
melmar136
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelMel11 View Post
Count me in!!! That is terrible about meg's ring!!!That would have made me sick...
Hi! Thanks for joining in!

I was so upset that night about Meg's ring, and mad at her for not being more careful with it. But, she spent her own $ on it, and losing it was punishment enough. And, I knew she didn't lose it on purpose. But, it was a definite bummer! Also, I wished the person who found it had turned it in.
She wants to try for a black pearl next time! Those are gorgeous!
Old 09-24-2011, 07:50 PM   #43
BerrysGirl
Waiting for the Lights

Ok for the record Meg's sunglasses crack me up!

I feel the same way about Space Mountain... especially after the "upgrade." They made it darker and now it's just unbearable.

And my guess for lunch will be... hmmm... maybe Crystal Palace

(87) Offsite (91) Disney Inn (95) Port Orleans (99) Dixie Landings (02) Contemporary (05) Wilderness Lodge (08) Boardwalk (09) All Star Movies (10) Dolphin (11) Bay Lake Towers (11) Caribbean Beach (11) Coronado Springs (11) Boardwalk Villas
Old 09-24-2011, 08:09 PM   #44
melmar136
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerrysGirl View Post
Ok for the record Meg's sunglasses crack me up!

I feel the same way about Space Mountain... especially after the "upgrade." They made it darker and now it's just unbearable.

And my guess for lunch will be... hmmm... maybe Crystal Palace
Yes, Meg thinks she is quite cool in those sunglasses! She even has pants that match, although I don't think she has worn them with the glasses together yet. Here they are:

785 by mlm313, on Flickr

Kinda blurry, but you get the idea!
She actually gets a lot of looks, points, and stares with those glasses. And on the cruise, one of the waiters outside kept calling her Cruella!

And yes, you guessed it! The Crystal Palace!
Old 09-24-2011, 08:46 PM   #45
melmar136
DIS Veteran

Pooh the Poop :)

Ok, so before we begin our Lunch ADR, I have to share a real life story. Meg and I went to the mall today, and of course had to pop into the Disney Store. She went off browsing, and came running over to me with a huge smile on her face! Look what she found!

002 by mlm313, on Flickr

Yippeee! A Pascal plush! I have been looking for one forever. They didn't even have anything Pascal that I could find at WDW. I was so happy she found him! Of course I bought him, and if you have a Disney Store near you, all the plush are buy one, get one free, so I got a Christmas gift too!

Ok, back to our TR!

We went to check in at the Crystal Palace.

350 by mlm313, on Flickr

We always go here for breakfast, so we thought we'd change things up, and try lunch. Meg always has to come here because she is a big fan of Pooh. We checked in, and waited about 5 minutes. It was hot while we were waiting, so I was glad they had water and cups outside! Meg took this picture while we waited:

351 by mlm313, on Flickr

We were seated, on the right as we always seem to be. I don't think I have ever been in the other half of that place! We waited a few minutes, as Pooh was close, but I convinced Meg we had time to get some food.

353 by mlm313, on Flickr

We went up for our first plate.

354 by mlm313, on Flickr

Meg got seafood chowder (really good, she says), mixed veggies, vegetarian pasta, and mashed potatoes. She likes everything except for the pasta. The sauce tasted odd.

My first plate:

355 by mlm313, on Flickr

I got chicken, mashed potatoes, mixed veggies and a roll. All of it was pretty good.

While we started to eat, Pooh came over.

356 by mlm313, on Flickr

He didn't interact that much. Maybe because Meg is older? I don't know, but he kind of waved at us, took that one picture and was off. I said he was a poop. It's what we say when people are in a bad mood, or grumpy. He really was a poop. Pooh the poop. Too bad, cause he is Meg's fave. I told her he's gotten too big for his britches, now that he has a new movie out! We got a good laugh out of that.

We must have eaten quickly, because we went up for our second plates:

357 by mlm313, on Flickr

I got ham, more mashed potatoes, another roll (those were yummy), a chicken nugget, a little mac & chesse, some rice, a little potato salad, and more veggies. The chicken nuggets are sooo good there! If I remember right, they were with the kids section.

Meg got:

358 by mlm313, on Flickr

chicken nuggets, mashed potatoes, a roll, some pasta salad, and some sort of mexican chicken bean type salad.

Then Tigger came to join us!

359 by mlm313, on Flickr

He was much better than Pooh, sorry to say. He was dancing with Meg, and she was cracking up laughing. He pointed to me, and I got a picture too.

360 by mlm313, on Flickr

Then, we got dessert.

361 by mlm313, on Flickr

362 by mlm313, on Flickr

I got a key lime pie, a fruit tart thing, and a German chocolate cake, and ice cream of course. I didn't really like the tart or the cake, and the key lime pie was okay. The ice cream was the best!

363 by mlm313, on Flickr

Meg got some ice cream and a little cannoli. She didn't like the cannoli. Of course, she liked the ice cream.

Piglet came to see us during dessert:

364 by mlm313, on Flickr

365 by mlm313, on Flickr

Piglet was so cute. I love him. He was pointing to Meg's shirt and acting embarrassed that he was on it. He was better than Pooh too!

Eeyore came next, but something happened to our camera, and the 2 pictures we have with him disappeared somehow. He was better than Pooh as well! Pooh was having a bad day or something...he must have run out of hunny!

We took some pictures around the CP after we paid our bill.

366 by mlm313, on Flickr

368 by mlm313, on Flickr

373 by mlm313, on Flickr

We always have to get pictures of Meg in front of these topiaries.

370 by mlm313, on Flickr

372 by mlm313, on Flickr

We enjoyed our lunch here, but I think I like breakfast better. Tigger was the best I thought, out of the 4 characters. We were watching him with little kids, and he was so good with them. He had a baby patting his snout for the longest time. So cute.
We give the CP lunch a 3.5 out of 5. Next time, we'll be back for breakfast.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: