Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-05-2011, 05:14 PM   #16
MelissaFromRI
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow , shining at the end of everyday

Subscribing
Can't wait to read all about your trip
Old 09-05-2011, 05:47 PM   #17
BerrysGirl
Waiting for the Lights

Oh my so many awesome posts! I LOVE your report so far... you and Meg seem to be having so much fun! When my parents took the DVC tour they decided they liked the layout of the Kidani Villas but the aesthetics / location of Bay Lake Tower. I think Kidani looks super cute though! I do love me some Contemporary / Monorail though...

And we have another Dole Whip lover! I cannot wait to try it in October. Which type did you try?

(87) Offsite (91) Disney Inn (95) Port Orleans (99) Dixie Landings (02) Contemporary (05) Wilderness Lodge (08) Boardwalk (09) All Star Movies (10) Dolphin (11) Bay Lake Towers (11) Caribbean Beach (11) Coronado Springs (11) Boardwalk Villas
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-05-2011, 07:34 PM   #18
melmar136
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerrysGirl View Post
Oh my so many awesome posts! I LOVE your report so far... you and Meg seem to be having so much fun! When my parents took the DVC tour they decided they liked the layout of the Kidani Villas but the aesthetics / location of Bay Lake Tower. I think Kidani looks super cute though! I do love me some Contemporary / Monorail though...

And we have another Dole Whip lover! I cannot wait to try it in October. Which type did you try?
At the Poly, they only have vanilla, pineapple, or swirl. We both got the swirl. I'm going to have to try the orange at MK next time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelissaFromRI View Post
Subscribing
Can't wait to read all about your trip
Hey tablemate! Glad you are joining in!!!
Old 09-05-2011, 08:06 PM   #19
melmar136
DIS Veteran

Yee haw! HDDR!

We caught a bus back to DTD, and then another to get to the Wilderness Lodge. Kind of a roundabout way to get to someplace that was practically right next door really! We could have walked faster!
We had to walk around the Wilderness Lodge of course, as this IS our home resort. We have stayed here before, but Meg doesn't remember because I guess she was too little at the time. We are going to stay here next year for sure!

140 by mlm313, on Flickr

So many butterflies all over the flowers. It was so pretty!

143 by mlm313, on Flickr

146 by mlm313, on Flickr

I have a picture of Meg next to this when she was little. I wish I could figure out how to get scanned pictures posted on here. We could compare then and now!

149 by mlm313, on Flickr

We didn't have much time here, as we had to catch the boat over to Fort Wilderness. So, we went out to do that! Here we are on the boat!

150 by mlm313, on Flickr

First stop was the Contemporary. The drivers were switching shifts, and so we waited a little bit. Then the new guy got on, asked where we were headed, and when we told him FW, he told us it was the wrong boat! We got up and started to get off, and he got a big laugh out of that, telling us he was kidding. HAHA. We did have the whole boat to ourselves though!

We went past what used to be Discovery Island. I had been there many times as a kid, and showed Meg where it was. You could still see the dock, and stuff. There were a ton of big birds circling around it, and a bunch of pelicans sitting in a tree!

152 by mlm313, on Flickr

I had never seen that before!

Then, we got a great view of a rainbow!

153 by mlm313, on Flickr

The picture didn't come out the best, but it was so pretty. I told Meg it was her Grammy, saying "hi, have a great trip!" That's because we were at the very spot where my favorite Disney memory took place. On Meg's first visit, at 2 1/2, we were on a boat very similar, leaving from the HDDR, headed to MK maybe. The fireworks had started over at MK, and the driver asked if anyone minded if we stopped for a bit to watch them. It was a great view! Meg looked at my mom and said, "oh Grammy, thank you!!!" Like she thought my mom had planned it just for her. She knew that my mom sure would have!

We arrived at Fort Wilderness in plenty of time for our 7:30 dinner.

154 by mlm313, on Flickr

155 by mlm313, on Flickr

We had to wait in line for the obligatory picture (which they brought over to the table later, and cost $30 so we didn't get it!) and then waited in line some more. Once the doors finally opened, we were led to our seats. I got category 1 when I booked, right at 180 days. It was worth it!

158 by mlm313, on Flickr

Here we are, right next to the stage. Front and center. We sat here the last time we came too! Meg thinks it must be the only 2 person table in the category. I don't know, but we sure love "our" table!

Meg took a couple of pictures while we waited:

156 by mlm313, on Flickr

157 by mlm313, on Flickr

Our waiter brought over the salad and cornbread for us to get started on. Yummy! I LOVE the cornbread! I ordered a sangria, but also asked for a Sprite. I was so thirsty after standing outside in the heat, I needed something to drink quickly. I didn't think it would be good to do that with the sangria!

159 by mlm313, on Flickr

Meg's half-eaten salad. We were hungry! She started eating before she remembered the camera! Shocking!

160 by mlm313, on Flickr

And the heavenly cornbread! Mmmm Mmmm!

161 by mlm313, on Flickr

The show had begun, but we'll get to that after a picture of this lovely plate of food!
Old 09-07-2011, 05:48 PM   #20
melmar136
DIS Veteran

HDDR Part 2

When we left off, we were enjoying our food...the salad, and cornbread, and then the ribs, chicken, baked beans, mashed potatoes, and corn. We just love this down-home cookin'! Yee haw!

The show had started, and is as corny and as funny as ever. Although the beginning song was somewhat different...

162 by mlm313, on Flickr

The blonde was a riot! I love that character!

164 by mlm313, on Flickr

170 by mlm313, on Flickr

Meg was choo-chooing like a train. Her half of the room was doing that, and my half had to whistle.

Then, it was time for dessert! Strawberry shortcake!

171 by mlm313, on Flickr

We were so full at that point that we didn't have too much of it. But it was good.

Then it came time for the washboards!

173 by mlm313, on Flickr

Meg sure likes to play it! Her hand is a blur in the picture since she is swinging the spoon around so fast!

Before we knew it, the show was almost over. They had the 4 people from the audience come up to play their parts. (We saw 2 of them of them on the bus when we left and everyone gave them a big cheer! The bus driver came on, from outside to tell us we were having way too much fun!)

174 by mlm313, on Flickr

176 by mlm313, on Flickr

We had a great time at the show and thought dinner was tasty. We give it a 5 out of 5. I surprised Meg with this for her 6th grade graduation because she really loves it so much! She was so glad to be going again.

We headed back on the bus and changed when we got to the room, and went to bed. It was a long day!

Thoughts for today:

Weather: Sunny, and very hot!
Best thing for today: HDDR!
Worst thing today: Camera Drama!
Old 09-07-2011, 06:22 PM   #21
melmar136
DIS Veteran

Naughty Little Brats at DHS

We woke up early, and had breakfast in our room again: Cheerios, bananas, tea for me, and juice for Meg.

We left our room, and had to check if there were any animals out:

179 by mlm313, on Flickr

I was HOPING to see at least one giraffe. Wasn't happening. I don't think they like it when it's so hot!

We got on the bus, headed here for the day:

181 by mlm313, on Flickr

We went right to get fast passes for Toy Story Mania. I'm not sure why that ride gets such long waits? I mean, it's a great ride, and we like it, but I would never wait as long as some people do for it. We got there at 9:15, and the park opened at 9. By then, there was already an hour wait, and fast passes were already up to 1:30 to 2:30!

After getting those, we checked out One Man's Dream. We had never gone to this before. Maybe Meg was too young to really want to see it before

182 by mlm313, on Flickr

It was interesting, and we really liked it.

After this, we headed to another place we hadn't been at DHS:

190 by mlm313, on Flickr

I don't know why, but I guess I never realized until recently the animation classes they hold here. I knew that was something Meg would like, being into art as she is. Our class was drawing Sorcerer Mickey. Here is her drawing:

188 by mlm313, on Flickr

and mine:

189 by mlm313, on Flickr

Not bad! Then, we just HAD to go wait in line, because Meg's very favorite character was in the building:

186 by mlm313, on Flickr

Pooh was in the house! Meg gave him a big hug! She was so happy to see him.

191 by mlm313, on Flickr

We were on our way over to the 50's Prime Time Cafe, and saw Pooh's sidekick! I love him, but Meg took a picture with him:

192 by mlm313, on Flickr

Cute!

We always have to go to the 50's PTC, but this time, we were meeting friends here too. They had never been, and when we found out they were going to be at WDW the same time as us, we decided we'd all meet for lunch.

195 by mlm313, on Flickr

From left to right: Ben (Scooter), Madison (the Princess), and Meg (Honey Bunny). Those were the names our waiter gave to the kids, and boy, was he ever right with Madie!

Ben (Scooter) was wondering why you'd want to go to a place where they could yell at you, and tell you what to do. Madie (the Princess) just kept trying to get caught doing stuff, like leaving her elbows on the table, so that she COULD get yelled at!

Our waiter, Loukili, asked the kids if they washed their hands. Of course when they said yes, he asked, "what color was the soap?" and when they didn't know, he sent them all in to wash up. When they came out, they were ready with the answer, but instead, he asked what color the wall was!

Meg ordered the fish sandwich with a side caesar salad:

197 by mlm313, on Flickr

She loved it, and gave it a 5 out of 5.

I ordered the fried chicken. (Guess I didn't get enough fried chicken at the HDDR the night before?) It came with mashed potatoes, and instead of the collard greens, I got green beans. There were a few carrots thrown in too.

198 by mlm313, on Flickr

I gave it a 5 out of 5 also. Very tasty, even though there was sooo much chicken! I gave some to Scooter.

While we were eating, the Princess was still trying to get in trouble. She was talking with her mouth open while eating. When Loukili said something to her, she totally threw her mom and I under the bus, saying we were doing it too! So, Loukili had the whole room chant "naughty little brats" at us!
Real nice.
We did see someone who had to do the "airplane" to eat his veggies, and another girl who had to stand up and sing the Little Teapot song. I would love to work there!

We decided to get dessert even though we were pretty full, because after all, "it's vacation"! Are you sensing a theme here?

201 by mlm313, on Flickr

Mmmm Mmmm. The brownie sundae. We gave it a 5 out of 5. I love the caramel corn on top.
Although, we were disappointed that they no longer have the pictures of the desserts on the Viewfinder. We loved that! Anyone know why they don't do it anymore?

We just love it here

202 by mlm313, on Flickr

After lunch, we had to use our fast passes, so went off to TSM. Our friends told us to call them when we were done, and we'd meet up for a ride.

Last edited by melmar136; 09-07-2011 at 06:30 PM.
Old 09-09-2011, 01:45 PM   #22
BerrysGirl
Waiting for the Lights

I too find TSM to be a little over-rated. I mean, even the morning stampede is ridiculous. Why is that ride SO popular?

Piglet is my favorite character too! I'm short (5'0") so us very small animals have to stick together

I'm so excited to try 50's Prime Time. I've never been! Did the Princess ever get punished for being bad?

(87) Offsite (91) Disney Inn (95) Port Orleans (99) Dixie Landings (02) Contemporary (05) Wilderness Lodge (08) Boardwalk (09) All Star Movies (10) Dolphin (11) Bay Lake Towers (11) Caribbean Beach (11) Coronado Springs (11) Boardwalk Villas
Old 09-09-2011, 08:16 PM   #23
melmar136
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I too find TSM to be a little over-rated. I mean, even the morning stampede is ridiculous. Why is that ride SO popular?

Piglet is my favorite character too! I'm short (5'0") so us very small animals have to stick together

I'm so excited to try 50's Prime Time. I've never been! Did the Princess ever get punished for being bad?
We just LOVE the 50's PTC, but it really helps if you get a good waiter/waitress. And NO, the Princess never got in trouble!
Old 09-13-2011, 06:47 PM   #24
melmar136
DIS Veteran

"There's the castle...I mean the hat!"

Meg and I went off to use our TSM Fast passes, just in time before the time expired. It was fun, and hmm...look who won

204 by mlm313, on Flickr

That would be me, player 2. Sorry Meg! Although, neither of us are great at it, but we did "win" 2 silly bunnies.

Once we left TSM, we called our friends who had been waiting for us. We met up and decided we'd go on either ToT or Rock n' Roller coaster. There were hour long waits for each of them, so we just wanted to choose one. Only 3 out of the 6 of us voted for ToT, so we decided on the other. 4 of us wanted to go on that. My friend and "Scooter" sat out.

205 by mlm313, on Flickr

206 by mlm313, on Flickr

It was so hot while we were waiting in line. The fans really didn't help at all. I thought the Princess was going to give up after about a half hour, but then she spotted a lizard or salamander, which amused her enough until we had almost made it into the A/C.
We finally got up to the boarding area, and then you can hear Steven Tyler screaming the countdown, and the limo takes off like a shot. The Princess started screaming, Meg was looking more nervous, and I was wondering why they talked me into this. But, the poor woman in front of us in line just left her boyfriend and bolted. Although, she was back pretty quick, not being able to find the "chicken exit" at that point!

We finally got on, and I managed to keep my eyes open for a small part of the ride. Meg claims hers were open for all of it except when you take off. I do have to say that I had only been on this ride once before and hated it. This time was somewhat better. Meg LOVED it. She says it is her new favorite ride. Even the Princess liked it. Although, when we stopped I could hear her dad keep asking if she was ok. He said she looked green, but then thought maybe it was just the lighting. They were in back of us, and I couldn't turn around enough to see her. I think she was speechless! But finally she said she loved it too.
We wandered through the "dump shop" for a while, and Meg found a cool Fender guitar tee. She has a Fender, so it was perfect for her. The Princess hems and haws forever, trying to decide on something. She was looking at a pen or a pencil. Really? "Just pick one" we kept saying, until her dad told her if she didn't pick in 10 seconds, we were all leaving! I think she went with the pencil. haha

We met up with Scooter and his mom, who were relaxing in the shade with cold drinks. They had to leave at that point to get a bus to go back to their hotel to change, as they had dinner ADRs.
It was great to see them there.

After they left, we headed over to the Muppets in 3D

213 by mlm313, on Flickr

Here we are, waiting for it to begin.

We were really feeling that there was so much more we wanted to fit in, but couldn't. The last Beauty and the Beast show was at the same time as the last American Idol show before the finale, so we went with Idol.

214 by mlm313, on Flickr

It was so hot and sticky and had been raining, so we just wanted to sit in the A/C. There were 3 good performers. One girl was only 16. She didn't win though.

We were feeling a little hungry by the time we got out of Idol. It was dinner time, and we needed something, but not a big dinner. After walking around for a bit, I decided I wanted some mac & cheese, but they only had a kid's meal of it. So I sent Meg to sit down, and I figured they wouldn't know who I was ordering it for. Not sure if it really mattered. But while I was standing in line, I noticed they had a "gourmet" hot dog topped with mac & cheese and bacon. That sounded sooo good to me right then.

220 by mlm313, on Flickr

221 by mlm313, on Flickr

Once Meg saw that, she decided she would split it with me. She gave it a 3 out of 5 and said she wouldn't get it again. She thought the mac & cheese really didn't taste like anything. I gave it a 4 out of 5. I wished that I didn't share it. I thought it was really good, and would have eaten the whole thing. It just hit the spot right then.

Once we left there, we started walking back to the hat. Meg kept calling it a castle all day. We were supposed to meet our friends there after TSM and Meg kept saying, "there's the castle!" and I kept saying, "you mean the HAT?" I told her we were going to wind up on that thread on the Dis about guests saying weird things at the parks!

On our way, we saw Mulch, Sweat, n' Shears coming down the street. We had never stopped to watch them before, but have read how good they are in other TRs.

222 by mlm313, on Flickr

So, we stopped. We were in the second "row" behind some other people. They left after a song, and we "got a free upgrade" (as the manager said) to the 1st row. This was obviously a bad idea, because being in the 1st row tends to get you noticed. And then look what happens:

225 by mlm313, on Flickr

227 by mlm313, on Flickr

Oh yeah, that's me. I'm with the band! Lovely. But it was fun, although embarrassing. Meg didn't die of embarrassment though. I thought she would have acted like she didn't know me!

They were really good!

224 by mlm313, on Flickr

230 by mlm313, on Flickr

After my band debut, we headed back to the Rock N' Roller Coaster. Meg wanted to give it another shot, and I agreed. The wait was down to 40 minutes, and the sun had gone down, so waiting wasn't so hot. While we were in line, we started talking to the family in front of us. The mom recognized me from the Mulch, Sweat, n' Shears show! And the dad pulled up the picture they had taken of me! I guess I'm famous!

I think I must be getting used to the RnRc because I actually liked it a little that time! Although, I still can't manage to keep my eyes open when I know we'll be going upside down!

After the ride, we wandered for a little bit, checking out wait times. We were going to go on TSM again, but the wait was still 90 minutes. So instead we got some ice cream at Hollywood Scoops.

231 by mlm313, on Flickr

This was Meg's. She got strawberry in a cone and a dish. It was pretty drippy. She gave it a 3 out of 5. The ice cream was plain old, plain old and she hated the cone.

232 by mlm313, on Flickr

I got plain old vanilla. It was like vanilla bean. It was good, but Meg was right. The cone wasn't great. It had a lemon-y sort of flavor. I gave it a 4 out of 5.

Do you like our new hats?

233 by mlm313, on Flickr

234 by mlm313, on Flickr

We saw that on another TR and copied it!

We were going to stay for EMH, well some of it. DHS was open till 1am that night, but we had done enough, so we shopped for a few minutes, and then left, saying good bye to the castle...I mean the hat!

236 by mlm313, on Flickr

Thoughts for today:
Weather: started off hot and sunny, but had some thunderstorms and rain
Best: 50's PTC, RnRc, and Mulch, Sweat, n' Shears
Worst: my neck (it really hurt after our 1st ride on RnRc). I think I pulled something!

Last edited by melmar136; 09-13-2011 at 06:54 PM.
Old 09-13-2011, 08:12 PM   #25
melmar136
DIS Veteran

Epcot Part 1

We woke up fairly early again today, and ate bagels for breakfast in our room. Today on the agenda, was Epcot!

237 by mlm313, on Flickr

We arrived around 9:15, 15 minutes after the park opened. We dashed to Soarin' for Fast Passes. The last time we had been to WDW, in 2009, we never made it on Soarin'. The wait then was 2 hours, and after standing in it for 30 minutes and not moving an inch, we gave up. Meg had been on in California, on a trip with her father, but I had not gotten to experience it yet!

238 by mlm313, on Flickr

We got there, and there was only a 30 minute wait at that point, so we decided to wait instead. It was great. I actually kept lifting my feet up like they were going to hit the trees or something!

We left the land...

239 by mlm313, on Flickr

and headed for...

240 by mlm313, on Flickr

We were going to get FPs here, but the time would have conflicted with our lunch ADR. The wait was 65 minutes, but the single rider line was only 20 minutes. We decided to go for the single rider. I went first, and met Meg after the ride. It wasn't as fun without her in my car, but the wait was better!

We headed over to The Seas with Nemo and Friends.

241 by mlm313, on Flickr

mine...mine...mine!

242 by mlm313, on Flickr

I love them! I was glad that Turtle Talk was open because we had seen on the board earlier that it was closed. I was bummed. Maybe Crush was still swimming on his way from Australia. First we went on the Nemo ride in the clam shells. It was only a 10 minute wait, and we kept moving. Then, it was time to wait in the "holding area" for Turtle Talk with Crush. There were A LOT of screaming kids there. Wow. It was loud. And kids were having meltdowns everywhere! I am so glad Meg is past that stage! (well, mostly! LOL)

We got into the show, and there was a little boy who was deaf sitting near us. I kept watching the woman doing sign language along with the show, and she was so good. She got the best facial expressions as she was signing! Crush was as funny as ever, dude. I love that show!

We headed to the shop in there and right as we were about to check out a guy rushed up, cut in front of us, and was asking the CM something rudely. I didn't say anything, just gave the guy a dirty look. She told him I was next and that he had just cut the line, but she answered his question and then took me. She apologized, and I told her I was glad she said something to him. We chatted for a little bit, and she ended up giving me a hug. She was so cute.

I had to buy a travel mug with the Mine birds on it, and a little Squirt keychain.

Next, we headed over to Club Cool

246 by mlm313, on Flickr

Meg didn't remember it from our last trip, so we had to go test out all the flavors!

247 by mlm313, on Flickr

Here she is drinking Beverly, the drink from Italy:

034 by mlm313, on Flickr

Eeeew. Bitter! I liked China. It tasted like watermelon.

We stopped to take a couple of pictures and then headed to World Showcase. We were getting close to our lunch ADR time!

248 by mlm313, on Flickr

249 by mlm313, on Flickr

Up next, the best meal of the trip!
Old 09-15-2011, 07:14 PM   #26
melmar136
DIS Veteran

best. lunch. EVER.

We arrived at Via Napoli for our lunch ADR a little early and waited a couple of minutes to be seated.

250 by mlm313, on Flickr

On our way to the table, we looked around, noticing how nice it is in there.

252 by mlm313, on Flickr

253 by mlm313, on Flickr

Then, our waiter came over, and the view got even better! I had to text my friend, because she used to come to Disney with my family when we were around Meg's age, and there was a very similar incident, in Italy, way back then! I think she even remembered the waiter's name! How funny is that?!

I told Meg that I saw others who really liked the blood orange aqua fresca drinks. So, we both tried one.

251 by mlm313, on Flickr

They were really good! 5 out of 5!

We had read on other dining reviews how good the pizza is here. So, we went with one. We chose a large Margherita pizza with onions. We also got a house salad to start.

255 by mlm313, on Flickr

The salad was good, with mixed greens, tomatoes, cucumbers, mushrooms, and peppers. We rated it a 4 out of 5. It was a little dry and needed a bit more dressing.

Next, was the pizza.

256 by mlm313, on Flickr

I usually don't get onions on my pizza, but Meg LOVES them. These were really good, because they carmelized them a little beforehand. The pizza was SOOO yummy! The crust was crunchy on the outside and chewy on the inside. There was fresh mozzarella, fresh tomatoes, and basil. It was so good we just couldn't stop eating it! (But, we had 3 pieces left that we asked to take to go). The pizza rates a 5 out of 5. Can we give it a 6?

But of course, we just HAD to try dessert. We got the zeppoles to split.

257 by mlm313, on Flickr

Wow! These were incredible. Meg describes them as Heaven on Earth. They are little balls of fried dough goodness with ricotta cheese in the middle, but it is baked in. They came with chocolate sauce and this thick, delicious whipped cream. Yum! Rating: 5 out of 5

We had been admiring our poor waiter the whole time (who was a great server by the way). I told Meg at the end of the meal, I would ask him if he would take a picture with her. Of course he said yes (with his cute Italian accent as Meg says) and now she has a picture to cherish!

258 by mlm313, on Flickr

We really, really loved Via Napoli, and it will be on our must visit list next time!

After lunch, we toured Italy:

259 by mlm313, on Flickr

260 by mlm313, on Flickr

261 by mlm313, on Flickr

Then headed to the American Adventure. We didn't really go in, except into the shop.

263 by mlm313, on Flickr

We were planning on doing pick-a-pearl in Japan, so we walked there next.

265 by mlm313, on Flickr

266 by mlm313, on Flickr

We each decided to get a pearl. I had bought a cage months before, so I wanted one to go in that. Meg decided she would get one as well, but wanted it set in a ring. We each chose an oyster. I told her to pick a really ugly one, as I heard those have the black pearls. They all looked pretty much the same. When the little ceremony was done, we both had white, slightly pink pearls. Mine was 7 1/4 and Meg's was 7 1/2. She picked a setting and the woman told us to come back in about a hour to pick it up. We have pictures of the pearl ceremony later!

We left Japan, and went to Morocco.

268 by mlm313, on Flickr

269 by mlm313, on Flickr

271 by mlm313, on Flickr

273 by mlm313, on Flickr

We wandered to France, where we took a couple of pictures, then sat on a bench to eat some of our leftover pizza. We were tired of carrying the bag, but also just needed to have some more of it because it was so good. It was still yummy, even though cold.

276 by mlm313, on Flickr

277 by mlm313, on Flickr

Epcot continued in next post.

Old 09-20-2011, 04:01 PM   #27
melmar136
DIS Veteran

We finished off the pizza we were eating, and still had a big slice left. We decided to throw it away. We were tired of carrying the bag around, and figured it would get kind of disgusting after more time in the heat. Good bye delicious pizza!

Meg and I started walking to the United Kingdom pavilion.

278 by mlm313, on Flickr

We stopped in the shops, listened to the British Invasion for a few minutes, and took some photos:

279 by mlm313, on Flickr

280 by mlm313, on Flickr

Next, we strolled over to Canada.

281 by mlm313, on Flickr

We decided to head over to Innoventions West, where they take the 5x7 picture for free if you have a Disney Visa, which I do. We waited in a small line, and then met Mickey and Pluto. We got our picture taken and started out the doors. On our way there it had gotten very windy. In the short time we were in there, it had started to pour! So, we ran over to Spaceship Earth.

282 by mlm313, on Flickr

283 by mlm313, on Flickr

We walked right on, and got out of the rain. I like the changes they have made, at the end with the screens in each car, and the picture of your head on a little body. Very cute!

It was still raining when we got off the ride, so we went over to the Photo Shop where they told us to pick our picture up from the Visa meet & greet. It only took a minute, and of course it was still raining, so we broke out the cheap 88 cent Walmart ponchos. Uuugh. Putting one of those on, on a sticky humid day in August is not my idea of a good time. But, in August, you need them because there is a thunderstorm or rain shower most days. Blah.

We decided to head to Captain Eo. I was so excited that it was back! My friend and I spent one whole New Years Eve in there! We waited for 2 hours, saw it, then came out and waited 2 hours to see it all over again! (We had a slight MJ infatuation when we were 12!)
Crazy.

285 by mlm313, on Flickr

I actually remembered one of the songs! Meg thought it was so cheesy, and I guess it was. But I have some great memories with my friend there!

Meg dragged me over to Journey Into Imagination. I don't know why, but I have never liked Figment. And that song drives me nuts. She knows this, so all the more reason to want to go on with me.

286 by mlm313, on Flickr

We decided to go back through and stop in the countries we breezed through on our way to lunch, and I had food and drink items I wanted in Mexico and Germany! So, off we went. First stop was Mexico.

287 by mlm313, on Flickr

288 by mlm313, on Flickr

We looked around, but didn't go on the ride. They had some really nice silver earrings in there, but I never ended up buying any. Meg tried on some stuff for a photo op!

289 by mlm313, on Flickr

Then, I got what I had been waiting for! A frozen margarita.

290 by mlm313, on Flickr

It was pretty good. A little sour, and it would have been really good to sit in the sun with it, and some salsa & chips. But, we walked on, in the rain.

Norway was next.

291 by mlm313, on Flickr

I had read such good things about the Schoolbread, so we went into the bakery to check it out. I asked Meg if she wanted anything, but she didn't. We didn't go on the Maelstrom ride, just continued on, to China.

292 by mlm313, on Flickr

293 by mlm313, on Flickr

We never spend much time in China. One day, we'll have to check it out more. Instead, we visited Germany, where I was anticipating the yummy goodness of the new caramel bakery, Karamel Kuche.

294 by mlm313, on Flickr

295 by mlm313, on Flickr

296 by mlm313, on Flickr

Hmmm, what to choose? I ended up with a chocolate cupcake, and vanilla frosting, drizzled with caramel. Meg got the milk chocolate covered strawberries, also drizzled with caramel. We took them out and looked for a place to sit, to eat them out of the drizzle.

297 by mlm313, on Flickr

298 by mlm313, on Flickr

We got to Italy, and found a bench under part of one of the buildings, where we proceeded to open our treats.

299 by mlm313, on Flickr

Here are Meg's. She gave it a 4.5 out of 5. She thought it was a bit too sticky (with the caramel drizzle) in her braces.

Here is my cupcake:

300 by mlm313, on Flickr

I gave it a 3.5. The frosting was that sickening sweet kind that I love, but there was SO much of it, and the caramel was great. The cupcake itself was actually kind of dry. I didn't end up eating all of it.

I felt pretty sick, after my drink, followed by the cupcake. We sat for a little while, then headed over to Japan, to pick up Meg's ring from Pick a Pearl.
Old 09-20-2011, 09:35 PM   #28
BerrysGirl
Waiting for the Lights

I am loving your trip report

Old 09-22-2011, 02:14 PM   #29
melmar136
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I am loving your trip report
Awww, thanks!
Old 09-22-2011, 02:45 PM   #30
melmar136
DIS Veteran

Leaving EPCOT

Meg and I went back to Japan to pick up her pearl that she had set into a sterling silver ring. We hadn't taken pictures during our own pick-a-pearl "ceremony" so we took a few when we went back:

301 by mlm313, on Flickr

302 by mlm313, on Flickr

My face would hurt from smiling that much!

303 by mlm313, on Flickr

Here are the oysters. They all looked the same to me!

304 by mlm313, on Flickr

307 by mlm313, on Flickr

After we watched other people pick their pearls, we picked up Meg's ring:

308 by mlm313, on Flickr

Little did we know, this would be the last time we saw it...

At this point, we decided we needed to head over to the Yacht Club. We had booked an Illuminations Cruise with some other Disers for that night!
We took the boat from Epcot over.

309 by mlm313, on Flickr

310 by mlm313, on Flickr

311 by mlm313, on Flickr

We had a little extra time, and I wanted to check out the Beach Club. It had been my mom's favorite resort, but I had never stayed there. It is my goal to stay there for part of our vacation next year. We walked through the Yacht Club and over to the Beach Club.

312 by mlm313, on Flickr

We checked out Beaches & Cream. We really wanted to eat here, but didn't have enough time right then.

315 by mlm313, on Flickr

316 by mlm313, on Flickr

I love these pictures in the Beach Club

317 by mlm313, on Flickr

318 by mlm313, on Flickr

I had brought a little card with us (you know the ones you get printed up for someone's wake or funeral to give out) that we got back in 2003 when my mom died. I have a bunch of them left, and I read on the boards that sometimes people will leave one on a favorite ride of someone who died or something like that. I was looking for a spot in the Beach Club lobby to leave it, and finally decided to put it in a potted plant. I figured it would be found eventually, but thought my mom could be at her favorite hotel in spirit for a little while. I also thought the person who found the card might read it and get a smile, because I love the poem on it. It was perfect for my mom. Here it is:

I'd like the memory of me to be a happy one.
I'd like to leave an afterglow of smiles when day is done.
I'd like to leave an echo whispering softly down the ways,
of happy times and laughing times and bright, and sunny days.
I'd like the tears of those who grieve, to dry before the sun
of happy memories that I leave behind when day is done.

mum by mlm313, on Flickr

That's my mum...and the reason Meg and I love Disney!

Back to the TR...We left the Beach Club and headed for the Yacht Club marina.

320 by mlm313, on Flickr

321 by mlm313, on Flickr

We ended up at the Marina with plenty of time to spare, to meet up with the other Disers who would be sharing our boat!

322 by mlm313, on Flickr

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: