Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-27-2011, 09:32 AM   #151
melmar136
DIS Veteran

ooops...deleted due to double post

Last edited by melmar136; 11-27-2011 at 09:37 AM. Reason: Double post
Old 11-27-2011, 10:59 AM   #152
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

You stayed at our home resort!
We have yet to stay there but have been over from OKW quite a few times. The CS place, isn't it called Artist's Palette too? has some really nice flatbreads, so we know our "ways around".

How fun that you got to go to B&C for lunch. I firs thought why you would go to DTD if you want to go to the Beach Club, but then it dawned on me - the buses don't go from resort to resort!
Have you ever had a Kitchen Sink? They are so much fun - we shared one last time with the Fishermans, who we met on our next cruise!

Love all the photos as usual! So fun to get some extra Disney time!
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-07-2011, 05:58 PM   #153
melmar136
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
You stayed at our home resort!
We have yet to stay there but have been over from OKW quite a few times. The CS place, isn't it called Artist's Palette too? has some really nice flatbreads, so we know our "ways around".

How fun that you got to go to B&C for lunch. I firs thought why you would go to DTD if you want to go to the Beach Club, but then it dawned on me - the buses don't go from resort to resort!
Have you ever had a Kitchen Sink? They are so much fun - we shared one last time with the Fishermans, who we met on our next cruise!

Love all the photos as usual! So fun to get some extra Disney time!
No, we have never gotten a Kitchen Sink. It really is fun to watch other people try to eat them all though!

Yay for extra Disney time!
Old 12-07-2011, 06:23 PM   #154
melmar136
DIS Veteran

A Morning at the Boardwalk

We didn't set the alarm or anything, and actually got to sleep in a little while at Disney. This is something we NEVER get to do!

We made it to the Artist's Palette in time for breakfast.

681 by mlm313, on Flickr

I got a cheese omelette with hash browns.

684 by mlm313, on Flickr

It was just ok. Looking at the picture now, the potatoes look so good, but they were cold, and dried out. I also got a cinnamon bun, just because they looked so yummy.

683 by mlm313, on Flickr

I told Meg we would share it, but I think I had most of it.

She got a croissant sandwich with bacon, egg, and cheese.

682 by mlm313, on Flickr

She thought it was pretty good.

On the way to the bus stop...

685 by mlm313, on Flickr

We took the bus to DTD, so that we could catch another bus to the Boardwalk. This is kind of annoying, but the only way to get from resort to resort if you are relying on Disney transportation.

686 by mlm313, on Flickr

We arrived at the Boardwalk, and they had all of the flower beds out front dug up. They were putting in all new flowers. You can see them in the background, on the left.
We also saw some type of filming going on, with camera crews, and Meg thought maybe it was Stacey! The woman had long brown hair, and looked just like her. I didn't see much of it, but Meg insisted it was her!

We went through the lobby...

687 by mlm313, on Flickr

to get outside to the boardwalk area. We looked around in the gift shop and wound up talking with a CM for a while. She was from Rhode Island, originally and had been trying to call her sister who still lives there. She couldn't get through, because of the hurricane. Glad we were in Disney then, and not at home!

Meg took pictures of the area.

688 by mlm313, on Flickr

689 by mlm313, on Flickr

690 by mlm313, on Flickr

691 by mlm313, on Flickr

The clouds were really rolling in at that point!

We decided to get a snack and looked in both Seashore Sweets and the Boardwalk Bakery before we made a decision.

I chose a piece of peanut butter chocolate fudge from Seashore Sweets.

693 by mlm313, on Flickr

Meg chose a brownie from the bakery.

692 by mlm313, on Flickr

The fudge was pretty good, but that brownie.... yuck!!! Meg said it tasted like a Little Debbie cosmic brownie, but I didn't even think it was that good. Wow, how can you mess up a brownie so badly?!!?

We walked by the DVC model room that was open, and decided to check it out. There was another family in there, talking with the CM, so we browsed around. There was a studio and a one bedroom to see. They were both nice. I haven't stayed at the Boardwalk, in a DVC room, yet.

We decided to rent one of the surrey bikes to ride around the Boardwalk, and by the other Epcot resorts. So, we paid for a bike and started our ride.
Old 12-15-2011, 07:04 PM   #156
melmar136
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
My DD wanted to ride one of those so bad when we were there during Thanksgiving. There were several families there enjoying them. We never got around to renting one though. Next time !! Let us know how you liked it !!
We never usually have time either, so it was nice to be able to do it.
Old 12-24-2011, 09:03 AM   #157
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Merry Christmas!!!
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

Old 01-03-2012, 07:04 PM   #158
melmar136
DIS Veteran

Biking and Browsing

Sorry it has been so long since our last update! I hope everyone had a great holiday, and Happy New Year! Now, we can say we're going back to Disney THIS year!

When we left off, we had just rented a surrey bike at the Boardwalk. It was $17 for a half hour, so we got it for the half hour. Pretty much right after we got on, and got situated, it started to rain! Here are some pictures from our ride:

694 by mlm313, on Flickr

695 by mlm313, on Flickr

696 by mlm313, on Flickr

697 by mlm313, on Flickr

698 by mlm313, on Flickr

699 by mlm313, on Flickr

It was a good thing we had a little cover, but we each had one arm and leg (on the outside of the bike) that got soaked.
Also, getting up the hill by the Swan and Dolphin on one of these bikes is a bit difficult, especially when you then start laughing. We got out and pushed, which drew a few odd looks. Guess we'll have to get in better shape for next time!

We parked, and since it was raining the guy wasn't even there. He came out of a little food stand to signal that he saw us, so we left the bike, and took a few parting shots.

701 by mlm313, on Flickr

702 by mlm313, on Flickr

We went into ESPN, and Meg played some arcade games.
Then, we walked over to the Swan and Dolphin to browse around.

704 by mlm313, on Flickr

We went into the Swan and Meg took more pictures.

705 by mlm313, on Flickr

706 by mlm313, on Flickr

We peeked into the Garden Grove restaurant, and decided we wanted to eat here next time.

707 by mlm313, on Flickr

I love that big tree in the middle of it.

Then, we walked over to the Dolphin.

708 by mlm313, on Flickr

709 by mlm313, on Flickr

710 by mlm313, on Flickr

We sat and relaxed in part of the lobby, and watched fake shooting stars on the ceiling for awhile, and Meg called to chat with her grandparents.

711 by mlm313, on Flickr

We thought these two hotels seemed quite nice actually, from browsing around.

Then we headed to our dinner ADR...
Old 01-04-2012, 04:21 AM   #159
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Great update! I love to SEE those people riding the surrey bikes - I don't have the stamina to do that in the heat of a Florida summer. Not even after a hurricane!

I just saw your ticker - it looks like our travel times will be same again, it's just that we will spend the first 6 days touring the Florida Keys. We're going back to the Dream on Aug 24 for the double dip and then doing another 4 night cruise. When will you be there??????

Old 01-04-2012, 07:28 PM   #160
Mom2m&k
Mouseketeer

Yay for an update! Hope you had wonderful holidays! Your next trip is coming up quick!
Old 01-04-2012, 09:27 PM   #161
mousetravel
DIS Veteran

I just found and read your entire TR! Loving it!, especially since it's a mom/daughter trip. I love reading TR's by single parents and mom/daughters, since my DD & I always travel together.
Can't wait to read more about your extra days at Disney!!!
Mom/Daughter PTR: Christmas Trip! 2011 http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post42724982
Mom/Daughter Trip Report June 2011: Disney Dream! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2744972
Mom/Daughter Trip Report: Disney & Sea World 2010
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2443520

Mom/Daughter Trip Report: WDW & Disney Cruise 2009 ttp://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2095302
Old 01-05-2012, 05:01 PM   #162
MissLilixo
Earning My Ears

I love reading your TR! Seems like you had an amazing time! Can't wait to read more updates
Old 01-05-2012, 08:12 PM   #163
melmar136
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Great update! I love to SEE those people riding the surrey bikes - I don't have the stamina to do that in the heat of a Florida summer. Not even after a hurricane!

I just saw your ticker - it looks like our travel times will be same again, it's just that we will spend the first 6 days touring the Florida Keys. We're going back to the Dream on Aug 24 for the double dip and then doing another 4 night cruise. When will you be there??????
Oh, that's too bad. Our cruise is the 5 night right before yours. Maybe we will make it on to another one will you someday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2m&k View Post
Yay for an update! Hope you had wonderful holidays! Your next trip is coming up quick!
Yes, holidays were busy, but good. Hope yours were too! Hopefully our next update will be much sooner than the last.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousetravel View Post
I just found and read your entire TR! Loving it!, especially since it's a mom/daughter trip. I love reading TR's by single parents and mom/daughters, since my DD & I always travel together.
Can't wait to read more about your extra days at Disney!!!
So glad you found our TR and are enjoying it! We'll have to stop by yours, as obviously we like the mother/daughter trips too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLilixo View Post
I love reading your TR! Seems like you had an amazing time! Can't wait to read more updates
Glad you are enjoying our TR! Thanks for joining in!
Old 01-23-2012, 01:43 PM   #164
melmar136
DIS Veteran

Ducks and Dinner

Sorry we have taken so long to update again!

When we left off, we were headed to our dinner ADR. It was so nice to have extra time at Disney to fit in more dining opportunities!
The bus ride from the Dolphin to DTD back to our destination took a whopping 90 minutes! Good thing we left PLENTY of time! And where were we having dinner?

712 by mlm313, on Flickr

We still had time before our ADR, so we decided to check things out. Meg didn't remember staying here when she was little and we only had a few minutes to look around at the beginning of our vacation.
We went outside to look around.

714 by mlm313, on Flickr

715 by mlm313, on Flickr

We spent a while looking at some ducks trying to get a good shot...I mean a photo of one!

716 by mlm313, on Flicker

717 by mlm313, on Flickr

718 by mlm313, on Flickr

719 by mlm313, on Flickr

Sorry for all the duck pictures!
Oh, look, a tree!

720 by mlm313, on Flickr

Then we went inside to sit by the fire, in August, in Florida, because we were cold.

721 by mlm313, on Flickr

722 by mlm313, on Flickr

Then we went up some floors to look for more fireplaces, but we couldn't get a good picture because there were people there.

724 by mlm313, on Flickr

It was then time for our ADR.
We waited for about 5 minutes and then we were seated.

725 by mlm313, on Flickr

728 by mlm313, on Flickr

We decided on the skillet for 2. It came with salad, coleslaw, cornbread, mashed potatoes, corn on the cob, beans, chicken, ribs, beef brisket, and pulled pork. BOY, that's a lot of food!

729 by mlm313, on Flickr

730 by mlm313, on Flickr

731 by mlm313, on Flickr

It was so good, but so filling! That didn't stop us from getting MORE potatoes and corn! Oh yeah, AND dessert!
I got apple pie with sugar cookie crust and caramel.

732 by mlm313, on Flickr

WOW. It was delicious!
Meg got just some ice cream.

733 by mlm313, on Flickr

BORING!

We went deaf in there from people screaming "WE NEED KETCHUP!" Thankfully, we didn't need any ketchup! But we could tell little kids at other tables were really enjoying that!
I told Meg to do the wooden horse race around the restaurant with the rest of the kids, but she wouldn't!

We wobbled out of there, and headed for the bus stop.

We'll see you in August, Mickey! YAY!

734 by mlm313, on Flickr
Old 01-23-2012, 02:10 PM   #165
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Even though we were "cheated out" of Castaway Cay because of Irene - it seems that the few extra days you got were a lot of fun!
Love the update!

Are you doing a PTR for your upcoming August vacation? If so, I hope that you post the link here ....... as I want to come along!!!!!!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: