Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Orlando Resorts & Hotels
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2015, 12:55 PM   #1
GlendaO
DIS Veteran

Help!! :-)

So...I currently have CBBR for two nights then switching to an off-site for two nights. I have a standard room at CBBR and a one bedroom suite off.

I am now thinking that I really, really don't want to have to get up super early on Saturday, check luggage, go to the park, go back to CBBR to get luggage, drive to new hotel and finally check in.

Just writing that exhausts me so I'm pretty sure I'll be way too tired to get up early Sunday and head back! Right now, I have CBBR for $225 and the offsite is $180. Total: $405.

I can adjust my CBBR reservation (no standards available) to the poolside family suite for the whole time for a price of $545 with my ap rate. I can also book the standard room through Priceline for $500.

What would you guys do? I'm lazy but I'm also looking to keep costs kind of down, so I'm torn!
Old 01-14-2015, 03:34 PM   #2
chabs
DIS Veteran

I personally wouldn't want to move either. I would check every day-several times a day for availability. Someone is bound to cancel and if you keep on it you will probably find something.

Also, you don't say what you are doing those other two days so I guess it depends on that as well.
Register to remove

Old 01-14-2015, 05:21 PM   #3
GlendaO
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chabs View Post
I personally wouldn't want to move either. I would check every day-several times a day for availability. Someone is bound to cancel and if you keep on it you will probably find something. Also, you don't say what you are doing those other two days so I guess it depends on that as well.
So do you think wait & see if a standard at CBBR opens up for the whole thing? I'm a little nervous about booking through Priceline. The difference between moving or staying put in a standard is a lot easier to manage than the full CBBR upgrade to a suite.
Old 01-15-2015, 07:53 AM   #4
chabs
DIS Veteran

I don't know about Priceline because I've never used it, but I've booked through Orbitz/Cheaptickets before and every time I've changed or cancelled I've received my refund pretty quickly (3 days). If you sign up for their emails, sometimes they have 25% off (usually 15 or 20 for the most part). If you book with them, you can always cancel as long as it isn't too close to your travel dates.

I've found that early in the morning is the best time to look for hotel rooms if I'm trying find an opening for something that is sold out. It took me a week to get what I wanted the last time that we went and I lucked out in getting the Portofino for about $212 in November. People cancel/change plans all the time-you just have to be lucky enough and persistent enough to keep looking.
Old 01-15-2015, 09:17 AM   #5
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

I'd book CBBR for the whole time. There are standard rooms available for the whole time on cheaptickets but the price is about the same as the family suite with the APH rate through Loews.

Last edited by damo; 01-15-2015 at 09:35 AM.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 10:44 AM   #6
GlendaO
DIS Veteran

I took everyone's advice. Thank you!

It's not exactly perfect but right now I have CBBR Tower Family Suite for 3 nights ($327) and 1 night Courtyard Family Suite ($99).

Ideally, I'd like to keep the same room but there aren't any Tower suites open my last night, even at rack rate. Switching rooms has to be easier than switching hotels. And, I'm hopeful something will open up before my window closes. If not, I still feel pretty good about it. :-)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: