Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-2011, 05:15 PM   #1
LarryNabisco
Magician that eats fire !!

MNSSHP-What kinds of candy do they give out?

Let's hear it I want to get fat like a blimp.

Hoping for chocolate but expecting crappy smarties.
LarryNabisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 05:19 PM   #2
xxliz28xx
Jersey girl by birth, Floridian by heart

Walt Disney World Food Photos
Walt Disney World Food Photos Part 2
Walt Disney World Food Photos Part 3
xxliz28xx is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-04-2011, 05:22 PM   #3
bomzar
Mouseketeer

It's usually a blend, think 75% cheap candy (smartees, lollipops, jolly ranchers, sixlets, etc) and 25% good candy (snicker's milky way, reeses, etc). Some nights are better then others at getting good candy. I went twice last year and once got all cheap candy and the second time got a decent amount of good candy. Either way it's a fun time!
bomzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 06:05 PM   #4
BellandBeast
Just Keep Swimming, just keep swimming

One year I went (a long time ago) and it was 90% snickers, but every year since has gotten to be less and less good candy. The last time I went (2009) I got 60% raisins, 35% misc, 4% chocolate, and 1% non-edible (paper rulers, stickers).

Disneyland 2009,Pop Century 2009,All Star Music 2007,Port Orleans French Quarter 2006,All Star Music 2003,All Star Sports 2000,All Star Movies 1999,All Star Music 1998,All Star Music 1997
BellandBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 06:22 PM   #5
Kona65
Taking it slow and easy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryNabisco View Post
Let's hear it I want to get fat like a blimp.

Hoping for chocolate but expecting crappy smarties.
Go and enjoy the party, don't waste valuable time treat or treating, and just buy your own candy.
Kona65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 06:43 PM   #6
RMulieri
DIS Veteran

we have never gotten anything other than what you would consider crappy candy..think Smarties, Dum dums, Dots, Sugar Daddys etc..I think I might have gotten one piece of chocolate on the way out.Chocolate and HOT Florida do not exist well together..Don't go for the candy.
Old 09-04-2011, 06:48 PM   #7
FairlyOddMom
Earning My Ears

I've never been before, so I can't say for sure what kinds of candy you get, but to quote my brother, "You get so much candy, you could sell half of it to kids on the street and fund your next trip."
FairlyOddMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 08:41 PM   #8
Buckimion
Purple Heart Park Commando

But I >like< Smarties and SweetTarts and I think I even see flavored Tootsie Rolls above. yum.

Jolly Rancher oth
Old 09-04-2011, 09:31 PM   #9
humboldthny
DIS Veteran

This is most of what we got on the night of the last MNSSHP last year (Nov. 1).....that's close to 8lbs. of candy and we didn't really make a concerted effort to trick-or-treat!

December 2007 WDW ~ December 2008 WDW ~ May 2009 WDW ~ April 2010 WDW ~ October 2010 WDW ~ March 2011 WDW ~ October 2011 WDW ~ SWW June 2012 WDW ~ September 2012 DL/DCA! ~ December 2012 WDW! ~ SWW June 2013 WDW! ~

humboldthny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 09:45 PM   #10
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kona65 View Post
Go and enjoy the party, don't waste valuable time treat or treating, and just buy your own candy.
I agree. Do people really spend $60 on a ticket for the candy? Take $10 to Walgreens when you get home and go wild.

And honestly...... chocolate? In THAT heat?
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 09:52 PM   #11
ZoZo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
I agree. Do people really spend $60 on a ticket for the candy? Take $10 to Walgreens when you get home and go wild.

And honestly...... chocolate? In THAT heat?
I totally agree. The trick or treating is such a minor part of the party, why focus on how "good" (or "bad") the quality of the candy is? My philosophy is, go to the store and buy whatever kind of candy you want when you get home. Then you'll get exactly what you want!
Old 09-04-2011, 11:39 PM   #12
Celine
Mouseketeer

While I totally agree with you guys for myself, my kids really DO enjoy the trick or treating.. call it a kid thing, but they were totally psyched about being able to trick or treat all over Disney World!
Celine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 07:43 AM   #13
Pixie Princess
DIS Veteran

Location: With Cinderella's mice making a new dress for Belle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celine View Post
While I totally agree with you guys for myself, my kids really DO enjoy the trick or treating.. call it a kid thing, but they were totally psyched about being able to trick or treat all over Disney World!
ITA. The trick-or-treating is a big part of the epxerience for my DD. She doesn't even eat the candy, so I have no idea why she likes so much, but she does. Honestly, it takes very little time to do. We just pop in to the lines on out way to other activities. A minute or two later we're on our way.
Pixie Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 07:47 AM   #14
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celine View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixie Princess View Post
ITA. The trick-or-treating is a big part of the epxerience for my DD. She doesn't even eat the candy, so I have no idea why she likes so much, but she does. Honestly, it takes very little time to do. We just pop in to the lines on out way to other activities. A minute or two later we're on our way.
I agree with you guys. I mean.... trick or treating......... IN the MAGIC KINGDOM? It's very cool...... both for kids and kids at heart.

What I don't get is the fixation (and countless threads EVERY YEAR) about the low quality of the candy.
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 07:58 AM   #15
TandLMommy28
DIS Veteran

We had plenty of time to do all the trick or treat stops, go to one of the dance parties, see the parade, the fireworks, get tons of Photopass shots done and rode every ride that was open at least twice. I don't know why people talk about not having time to trick or treat? We didn't even feel rushed.

Telling people not to waste time trick or treating at MNSSHP is no different than telling people not to waste time standing in line to meet Snow White and all the dwarves but for some reason telling people THAT is crazy. I personally think THAT is a huge waste of time. THe trick or treating, we just hit each spot as we made our way around the park. It's not like you have to JUST get the candy and can't stop until you are done!

TandLMommy28 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: