Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-11-2011, 11:19 PM   #31
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet
 
kaoden39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fairfield, CA
Posts: 30,184

You know if you ever get a chance you might even want to read Pollyanna. It is a great book that I enjoyed as a kid and now as an adult.



Great plans. There are a lot of good neighbor hotels that are within walking distance.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 04:01 PM   #32
PlutosRHM55
Pluto's Un-Mentioned Manager
 
PlutosRHM55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Amongst the thousand happy haunts beginning to materialize, but suffering a disquieting metamorphosis... Your cadaverous pallor portrays an aura of foreboding, you know?
Posts: 10,493

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWJonasGirl View Post
Love the plans Timmy!! Honestly, you should go on California Screamin.
Thanks Kaitlin! (: I totally am going to push myself since it looks like a lot of fun... wish me luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
You know if you ever get a chance you might even want to read Pollyanna. It is a great book that I enjoyed as a kid and now as an adult.
I saw that on the opening credits. I was trying to picture it as a book and it sounds even better. I'll definitely check it out soon (:


Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
Great plans. There are a lot of good neighbor hotels that are within walking distance.
Thanks! (: Oh, that's good to know, I haven't looked through all of them so maybe I'll find something better than Best Western to stay in
PlutosRHM55 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-12-2011, 04:09 PM   #33
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet
 
kaoden39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fairfield, CA
Posts: 30,184

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutosRHM55 View Post
Thanks Kaitlin! (: I totally am going to push myself since it looks like a lot of fun... wish me luck



I saw that on the opening credits. I was trying to picture it as a book and it sounds even better. I'll definitely check it out soon (:




Thanks! (: Oh, that's good to know, I haven't looked through all of them so maybe I'll find something better than Best Western to stay in

A lot of the Disneyland regulars do swear by Hojo's. This is a great thread that should help you with most planning questions. Including a map of what hotel is where.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 07:35 PM   #34
Tink2Day
DIS Veteran
 
Tink2Day's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 501

You should be fine on CA Screamin, my granddaughter did it at age 7
She's very tall and mature for her age and totally fearless.
Tink2Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 08:35 PM   #35
Belle Ella
DIS Veteran
 
Belle Ella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Anaheim, CA
Posts: 12,923

Kind of jumping in here A few comments that come to mind right away:

• I am a big lover of the Howard Johnson on Harbor Blvd. and ahve been staying there for the past few years with no reason to look for someplace new to stay. It is also within walking distance, although a bit further than a few other locaitons on Harbor. It's even better if you can snag ther "Retro Rate" or what is more commonly known as the Entertainment Rate. If you don't already know about it, check out their message board: When is the low season Entertainment Rate available?

• Have you given any thought into doing a little more park hopping instead of dedicating specific days to one of the two parks? Having the two parks right across from each other like they are is pretty awesome and I'm myself only just beginning to dicover the benefits of park hopping.

• Don't be too discouraged by the new entrance to DCA! It's sad the letters are gone, but it's a huge upgrade for us. DCA has needed a real "theme" for some time and the historic locations from SoCal that are getting represented (like the Pan-Pacific Auditorium of the new entrance gates) are just perfect. But I totally get where you're coming from with your experiences at WDW.

• Definitely go on California Screamin'! You can do it. I only went on my first roller coaster last year - and I'm 25!! They have terrified me for years as have all thrill rides but I'm finally learning how much I can love them and this is one of my favorites. You'll love it, I'm sure of it.

• I've been to the Soda Fountain & Studio Store once before and was so glad I went. Especially with Grauman's right across the street, the El Capitan next door, etc. I hope you get to go there.

Oh, and Starkids rule, BTW.
__________________
Belle Ella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 09:20 PM   #36
PlutosRHM55
Pluto's Un-Mentioned Manager
 
PlutosRHM55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Amongst the thousand happy haunts beginning to materialize, but suffering a disquieting metamorphosis... Your cadaverous pallor portrays an aura of foreboding, you know?
Posts: 10,493

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
Ooooo... I'll definitely have to check that out. Thanks Michele! (:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink2Day View Post
You should be fine on CA Screamin, my granddaughter did it at age 7
She's very tall and mature for her age and totally fearless.
Yeah, well I'm a ride wimp so total opposite lol But I'm a bit more daring than I was before. If I really pushed myself the things I would do... yeah, pretty insane, but we'll see when the time comes. I just wish they still had the old recording (not Neil Patrick Harris) that I've heard on old on-ride videos of the ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle Ella View Post
Kind of jumping in here A few comments that come to mind right away:

• I am a big lover of the Howard Johnson on Harbor Blvd. and ahve been staying there for the past few years with no reason to look for someplace new to stay. It is also within walking distance, although a bit further than a few other locaitons on Harbor. It's even better if you can snag ther "Retro Rate" or what is more commonly known as the Entertainment Rate. If you don't already know about it, check out their message board: When is the low season Entertainment Rate available?
Glad you could join in! (:

Actually, the reason I was interested in HoJo was because I've been reading your Never-Ending TR. I'm sorry I haven't commented, usually I like to catch up then comment, but I saw how you went to HoJo so many times and seeing your ability to just walk to the park from there, so it seemed like a good choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle Ella View Post
• Have you given any thought into doing a little more park hopping instead of dedicating specific days to one of the two parks? Having the two parks right across from each other like they are is pretty awesome and I'm myself only just beginning to dicover the benefits of park hopping.
Well, the thing is though park hopping seems the better option it costs more and I think keeping this trip as financially aware, will make sure there will be some flight, hotel, etc. booking by December or November, maybe later, but if my mom becomes more generous than we will definitely switch over to park hopping, though as first timers, it would work better, getting a feel for the park by itself (:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle Ella View Post
• Don't be too discouraged by the new entrance to DCA! It's sad the letters are gone, but it's a huge upgrade for us. DCA has needed a real "theme" for some time and the historic locations from SoCal that are getting represented (like the Pan-Pacific Auditorium of the new entrance gates) are just perfect. But I totally get where you're coming from with your experiences at WDW.
Well... maybe I'll have to get past that. I like the fact they are making a full scale replica of the Carthay Circle Theater versus the tiny homage in DHS, so that's a plus. But I just wish they had picked a different theme but old time Hollywood, like I knew they were already losing the California coast theme, but... well maybe it is for the best from what you're saying and I'll just have to accept it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle Ella View Post
• Definitely go on California Screamin'! You can do it. I only went on my first roller coaster last year - and I'm 25!! They have terrified me for years as have all thrill rides but I'm finally learning how much I can love them and this is one of my favorites. You'll love it, I'm sure of it.
I've been on roller coasters before, my first actually was in Disney (Space Mountain, to be exact), only two years ago (I'm 15, though 25 beats that by a long shot), so maybe I will. I think once I do it I'll love it. They seem to be easier to conquer, I went on Tower of Terror, the one in WDW and I was accustomed to it, not phased at all... so I will definitely trust myself to do California Screamin', it does look very fun, looking past my fears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle Ella View Post
• I've been to the Soda Fountain & Studio Store once before and was so glad I went. Especially with Grauman's right across the street, the El Capitan next door, etc. I hope you get to go there.

Oh, and Starkids rule, BTW.
I think this will be so easy to get my group to do this. It's practically a national landmark over there from what I'm hearing, so it almost seems to go beyond the Soda Fountain and to experiencing Hollywood. Definitely excited for that.

Haha, I guess you saw my "location" LOL And yes, they do rule!
PlutosRHM55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 09:52 PM   #37
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet
 
kaoden39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fairfield, CA
Posts: 30,184

You're welcome Timmy!!
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 11:30 PM   #38
WDWJonasGirl
Mouseketeer/Directioner
 
WDWJonasGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Southern California
Posts: 2,817

Love the update Timmy!! I have my trip report:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=42611414
__________________

Kaitlin: Lover of 5 Seconds of Summer, One Direction, Jonas, and Concerts
WDW: 5/03, 4/06, 12/06, 7/09, 8/10, 6/14, 7/14 DLR: Too Many To Count DCL: 1/07, 7/09, 8/11, 8/12, 6/14 DLP: 6/13

Last edited by WDWJonasGirl; 09-12-2011 at 11:54 PM.
WDWJonasGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 11:52 PM   #39
Belle Ella
DIS Veteran
 
Belle Ella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Anaheim, CA
Posts: 12,923

My replies in this color!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutosRHM55 View Post
Glad you could join in! (:

Actually, the reason I was interested in HoJo was because I've been reading your Never-Ending TR. I'm sorry I haven't commented, usually I like to catch up then comment, but I saw how you went to HoJo so many times and seeing your ability to just walk to the park from there, so it seemed like a good choice

No worries on the comments. I'm horrible about reading others and not commenting. Usually it's just a case of me not having anything intelligent to say because I use whatever small amounts of wit I have in my TR, and then of course I feel like such a dufus if all I say is "awesome update". It's a never ending battle of should I post or should I not.

I really do love the HOJO though. It's not the closest, it's not the fanciest, but the people that work there make it feel like my home (HOJO) away from home (Disneyland) away from home (that place I live when I'm not at Disneyland).


Well, the thing is though park hopping seems the better option it costs more and I think keeping this trip as financially aware, will make sure there will be some flight, hotel, etc. booking by December or November, maybe later, but if my mom becomes more generous than we will definitely switch over to park hopping, though as first timers, it would work better, getting a feel for the park by itself (:

I can totally get the whole "being financially aware" aspect. Where are you getting your park tickets through? Even before I got my AP I always got mine through local (to me in NorCal) source who only sold the park hoppers so I tend to forget about the 1-park only tickets. I know online the prices that they list only have a $15 difference between the 1-park and park-hoppers and if you can swing it I would definitely recommend getting the hoppers. It can be a very valuable thing at Disneyland. Just my two cents.

Well... maybe I'll have to get past that. I like the fact they are making a full scale replica of the Carthay Circle Theater versus the tiny homage in DHS, so that's a plus. But I just wish they had picked a different theme but old time Hollywood, like I knew they were already losing the California coast theme, but... well maybe it is for the best from what you're saying and I'll just have to accept it

Would it help to not necessarily think of it as an old time Hollywood theme, but the California that Walt arrived in when he stepped off the train? That's the real feel of what they are trying to get at DCA. Kind of like how Main Street is inspired by his hometown. It's something I've started to appreciate more since the opening of the Walt Disney Family Museum in San Francisco where they try to give the same feel between a few of the galleries. It's taking us back to what he experienced when he moved out here and started everything. I think a lot of people are getting too hung up on the California themes and not on how it ties back in with Walt. I'm super excited about the new statue a la the Partners statue that is going to have him and Mickey with luggage like they just arrived.

I've been on roller coasters before, my first actually was in Disney (Space Mountain, to be exact), only two years ago (I'm 15, though 25 beats that by a long shot), so maybe I will. I think once I do it I'll love it. They seem to be easier to conquer, I went on Tower of Terror, the one in WDW and I was accustomed to it, not phased at all... so I will definitely trust myself to do California Screamin', it does look very fun, looking past my fears

Very, very fun! The best part of it is that it's very smooth which makes up for everything else.

I think this will be so easy to get my group to do this. It's practically a national landmark over there from what I'm hearing, so it almost seems to go beyond the Soda Fountain and to experiencing Hollywood. Definitely excited for that.

If you're a tourist in LA it's a definite must see.

Haha, I guess you saw my "location" LOL And yes, they do rule!

I can't ignore a Starkid reference, especially Pigfarts!! My last trip had a small Starkid theme since I liked it better than the "Star Tours" theme they gave the 5K I ran in. I was having fun putting TSK references in my PTR. Not many are popping up in my TR yet, but they are always in my head. I actually saw someone with a Slamaganza shirt while I was at Disneyland and it just about made my day. Nobody I know has any clue about them.
__________________
Belle Ella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 07:47 AM   #40
PlutosRHM55
Pluto's Un-Mentioned Manager
 
PlutosRHM55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Amongst the thousand happy haunts beginning to materialize, but suffering a disquieting metamorphosis... Your cadaverous pallor portrays an aura of foreboding, you know?
Posts: 10,493

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWJonasGirl View Post
Love the update Timmy!! I have my trip report:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=42611414
Thanks Kaitlin! (: I'll go check it out right now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle Ella View Post
I really do love the HOJO though. It's not the closest, it's not the fanciest, but the people that work there make it feel like my home (HOJO) away from home (Disneyland) away from home (that place I live when I'm not at Disneyland).
Oh, well I'll definitely keep it in my list of hotels I would like to check out, but I'll go thumb through others to see which one I like the most

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle Ella View Post
I can totally get the whole "being financially aware" aspect. Where are you getting your park tickets through? Even before I got my AP I always got mine through local (to me in NorCal) source who only sold the park hoppers so I tend to forget about the 1-park only tickets. I know online the prices that they list only have a $15 difference between the 1-park and park-hoppers and if you can swing it I would definitely recommend getting the hoppers. It can be a very valuable thing at Disneyland. Just my two cents.
I live all the way on the other side of the country when it comes to DLR, so I can't buy tickets locally, unless someone we know has connections over there, but highly unlikely. So, we will be buying it online ahead of time because of the price difference and also they have all the deals on there as well, like one that happened recently with Park Hoppers, but it only worked for a few months so I didn't jump on it, hopefully something similar will happen again so I can get PHs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle Ella View Post
Would it help to not necessarily think of it as an old time Hollywood theme, but the California that Walt arrived in when he stepped off the train? That's the real feel of what they are trying to get at DCA. Kind of like how Main Street is inspired by his hometown. It's something I've started to appreciate more since the opening of the Walt Disney Family Museum in San Francisco where they try to give the same feel between a few of the galleries. It's taking us back to what he experienced when he moved out here and started everything. I think a lot of people are getting too hung up on the California themes and not on how it ties back in with Walt. I'm super excited about the new statue a la the Partners statue that is going to have him and Mickey with luggage like they just arrived.
Oh that makes a ton more sense now. I had watched one of the Travel Channel specials on the current DLR and the new expansions they were having like the change in theme for the front area and Cars Land. I really wish that would've been opened for when I go, but when I go again with family, maybe it will be And I think I saw the new "Partners statue", it looks very cool, really kinda connects the two parks in a way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle Ella View Post
Very, very fun! The best part of it is that it's very smooth which makes up for everything else.
I don't mind un-smooth rides, though it does make everything more.... exhilarating, so that seems like it's something to look for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle Ella View Post
If you're a tourist in LA it's a definite must see.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle Ella View Post
I can't ignore a Starkid reference, especially Pigfarts!! My last trip had a small Starkid theme since I liked it better than the "Star Tours" theme they gave the 5K I ran in. I was having fun putting TSK references in my PTR. Not many are popping up in my TR yet, but they are always in my head. I actually saw someone with a Slamaganza shirt while I was at Disneyland and it just about made my day. Nobody I know has any clue about them.!
That's pretty awesome. My StarKid goes only as far as AVPM and AVPS. I have yet to watch the other two. I'll probably watch Starship soon. I've never heard of Slamaganza or maybe I'm just having a weird blank, but it is pretty awesome when people mention stuff from the StarKid shows Day=Made
PlutosRHM55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 08:19 AM   #41
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides
 
wdwgirl03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 12,089

Your plans sound good so far! Yes, the Disneyland version of POTC is definitely better than the WDW one. Indiana Jones is awesome. Not quite as scary as Dinosaur which is a good thing. haha And California Screamin' is great too. I was afraid of the loops too at first but it's really not that bad.
__________________
I *HEART* WALT DISNEY WORLD!! been there, done that, GOING BACK!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
wdwgirl03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 07:48 PM   #42
Belle Ella
DIS Veteran
 
Belle Ella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Anaheim, CA
Posts: 12,923

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutosRHM55 View Post
Oh that makes a ton more sense now. I had watched one of the Travel Channel specials on the current DLR and the new expansions they were having like the change in theme for the front area and Cars Land. I really wish that would've been opened for when I go, but when I go again with family, maybe it will be And I think I saw the new "Partners statue", it looks very cool, really kinda connects the two parks in a way
Glad it helps to look at it that way! I've had my own reservations about all the construction from the time I first heard about it to now. Learning a little more about Walt's history (again, thanks to the Walt Disney Family Museum in SF) it's getting easier to really appreciate what they are trying to do. Personally I'm not interested in the whole Cars Land though, haha. At least by the time you are there a lot of the construction should be winding down. Just use it as an excuse to make sure you come back someday.

And you know what the best part about the new statue will be? It won't be surrounded by a flower bed so you can really get your photo with it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutosRHM55 View Post
That's pretty awesome. My StarKid goes only as far as AVPM and AVPS. I have yet to watch the other two. I'll probably watch Starship soon. I've never heard of Slamaganza or maybe I'm just having a weird blank, but it is pretty awesome when people mention stuff from the StarKid shows Day=Made
Oh man, you have to watch Starship! It's just amazing. And it doesn't hurt that the video quality isn't all dinky. I especially love all of the Disney (and Glee) references. And the Slamaganza was a fundraising thing they did in Chicago recently.

Oops, gotta go! Happy planning!
__________________
Belle Ella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 09:32 PM   #43
PlutosRHM55
Pluto's Un-Mentioned Manager
 
PlutosRHM55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Amongst the thousand happy haunts beginning to materialize, but suffering a disquieting metamorphosis... Your cadaverous pallor portrays an aura of foreboding, you know?
Posts: 10,493

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Your plans sound good so far! Yes, the Disneyland version of POTC is definitely better than the WDW one. Indiana Jones is awesome. Not quite as scary as Dinosaur which is a good thing. haha And California Screamin' is great too. I was afraid of the loops too at first but it's really not that bad.
Thanks! (: I've read Jack Spence from AllEars's comparison of the two parks and he made it quite clear POTC is much better in DLR than in WDW. I really am trying to stay away from the YouTube ride-throughs now lol DINOSAUR really wasn't very scary in the first place though I think the worst part is when some parts of the ride are not working and everything just feels out-of-place. Though I think the fact Indy is a bigger pop icon makes it better in my eyes already :D I'm really starting to not worry about it too much, but if my friends try to force us to the front... there is just NO WAY, my 16th birthday party, my rules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle Ella View Post
Glad it helps to look at it that way! I've had my own reservations about all the construction from the time I first heard about it to now. Learning a little more about Walt's history (again, thanks to the Walt Disney Family Museum in SF) it's getting easier to really appreciate what they are trying to do. Personally I'm not interested in the whole Cars Land though, haha. At least by the time you are there a lot of the construction should be winding down. Just use it as an excuse to make sure you come back someday.

And you know what the best part about the new statue will be? It won't be surrounded by a flower bed so you can really get your photo with it!
I really wish I could go check that museum out, since I actually did a project on Walt Disney about... 6 years ago for school, so I already have some basic knowledge about him. It's kinda faded away, but now that I'm more of a Disney Freak now than then, it seems like I want to know more, so that looks like my chance. If we go to SF for the two weeks my mom wants to do with the family in SoCal, I will drag them there, no doubt about it. Oh wow, really? I'm not a big fan of the movie, but the Radiator Springs Racers sound like a great ride. I mean, it is copying my favorite ride from EPCOT in WDW, Test Track, but maybe it will be better, having been made twice.

Oh, that's awesome! I think I'm getting a few photo ideas running through my head now lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle Ella View Post
Oh man, you have to watch Starship! It's just amazing. And it doesn't hurt that the video quality isn't all dinky. I especially love all of the Disney (and Glee) references. And the Slamaganza was a fundraising thing they did in Chicago recently.

Oops, gotta go! Happy planning!
I've heard a lot of good things and I know some of my favorite actors and actresses (particularly Lauren Lopez) have big roles in this one, so that makes me happy. And that's good they've made the video quality better. Omg! I love their Disney references, my favorite line from AVPS is (when Lupin is teaching all the kids about a patronus)...

"What you have to think of is a wonderful thought, a great thought..."

"Any happy little thought?!"

I was dying of laughter Too, to funny.

Oh yeah, I just saw a video of that on the Starkid YouTube page, so awesome. This is random, but I heard they may possibly be making a sequel to AVPS, but are trying to fit rehearsals and the production within Darren's schedule, because you can't have the show without him. This makes me quite excited (:

Thanks! I will have to start looking at flights and more prices this weekend, so I can calculate how much it will cost for my mom and I.
PlutosRHM55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 12:06 AM   #44
Belle Ella
DIS Veteran
 
Belle Ella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Anaheim, CA
Posts: 12,923

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutosRHM55 View Post
I've heard a lot of good things and I know some of my favorite actors and actresses (particularly Lauren Lopez) have big roles in this one, so that makes me happy. And that's good they've made the video quality better. Omg! I love their Disney references, my favorite line from AVPS is (when Lupin is teaching all the kids about a patronus)...

"What you have to think of is a wonderful thought, a great thought..."

"Any happy little thought?!"

I was dying of laughter Too, to funny.

Oh yeah, I just saw a video of that on the Starkid YouTube page, so awesome. This is random, but I heard they may possibly be making a sequel to AVPS, but are trying to fit rehearsals and the production within Darren's schedule, because you can't have the show without him. This makes me quite excited (:
Lauren is hilarious. They all are. I wont lie, I'm a huge Joey Richter fan thanks to AVPM/AVPS and his character in Starship was awesome too. I just love seeing the blue headband come back though. Starship has a couple of newbies as well though who are awesome. And Dylan Saunders is just totally awesome (oh, and Lupin can sing, FYI). Heck, the whole thing is amazing. They really outdid themselves with the whole thing.

And yes, there is lots of talk about them doing a threequel! Like you said it really revolves around Darren's schedule - and there's an awesome line in Starship about that. They aren't giving out any concrete details other than that they are working on it. A little or a lot we don't know.
__________________
Belle Ella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 11:24 PM   #45
WDWJonasGirl
Mouseketeer/Directioner
 
WDWJonasGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Southern California
Posts: 2,817

You must ride some of the roller coasters Timmy.
__________________

Kaitlin: Lover of 5 Seconds of Summer, One Direction, Jonas, and Concerts
WDW: 5/03, 4/06, 12/06, 7/09, 8/10, 6/14, 7/14 DLR: Too Many To Count DCL: 1/07, 7/09, 8/11, 8/12, 6/14 DLP: 6/13
WDWJonasGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:42 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: