Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2011, 07:43 PM   #16
WDWJonasGirl
Mouseketeer/Directioner

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutosRHM55 View Post
Alright, thanks! (:
Your welcome Timmy. My name is in my siggy.

Kaitlin: Directioner and a Huge Jonas Fan
WDW: 5/03, 4/06, 12/06, 7/09, 8/10, 6 & 7/14 DLR: Too Many too count DCL: 1/07, 7/09, 8/11, 8/12, 6/14 DLP: 6/13

WDWJonasGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 08:25 PM   #17
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Quote:
, Glad you could join in! (:

I can't wait to experience those differences. I think that's what interests me most about DLR is how the place can have the same rides, but yet they are still different. I really can't wait to do POTC, that is the #1 ride I wish to do Oh, that's so cool! If only they would bring it back then I wouldn't be mourning it while I was there WAH!

, Erin! Glad you could join in!

Oh I love Sleeping Beauty, that was my childhood favorite Disney movie And Maleficent has been one of my favorite characters FOREVER!

I constantly mourn it when I am there. I live in hopes that they will bring it back. I miss a couple of other rides that are long gone like the Carousel of Progress. I guess I need to plan a trip to WDW!! But right now I will be happy with my February trip to DLR.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-07-2011, 06:31 PM   #18
PlutosRHM55
Pluto's Un-Mentioned Manager

Location: Amongst the thousand happy haunts beginning to materialize, but suffering a disquieting metamorphosis... Your cadaverous pallor portrays an aura of foreboding, you know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWJonasGirl View Post
Your welcome Timmy. My name is in my siggy.
Okay, Kaitlin (: Sorry didn't notice it at first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
I constantly mourn it when I am there. I live in hopes that they will bring it back. I miss a couple of other rides that are long gone like the Carousel of Progress. I guess I need to plan a trip to WDW!! But right now I will be happy with my February trip to DLR.
Well DLR is the original and has been there longer than WDW, but yeah definitely try to plan a trip to WDW. Carousel of Progress and the People Mover are two of my favorite rides, one reason worth going to WDW, along with the other parks (: But I can't wait to go to DLR
PlutosRHM55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 07:21 PM   #19
kaoden39
Hugs

It's only been a little over six months since I was last at DLR and I can hardly wait for my next trip.
Old 09-07-2011, 07:43 PM   #20
fastergoofy
Just keep running!

Oh my goodness. The original post is too adorable. I hope you and your friends have the most magical trip ever! 16 is supposed to be a fun birthday! (My daughter had a pirate party for hers.)
fastergoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 06:57 PM   #21
WDWJonasGirl
Mouseketeer/Directioner

I love pictures of your friends.

WDW: 5/03, 4/06, 12/06, 7/09, 8/10, 6 & 7/14 DLR: Too Many too count DCL: 1/07, 7/09, 8/11, 8/12, 6/14 DLP: 6/13

Old 09-09-2011, 01:40 PM   #22
PlutosRHM55

Location: Amongst the thousand happy haunts beginning to materialize, but suffering a disquieting metamorphosis... Your cadaverous pallor portrays an aura of foreboding, you know?

Quote:
It's only been a little over six months since I was last at DLR and I can hardly wait for my next trip.
That's what Disney does to you LOL Have fun on your trip! (:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastergoofy View Post
Oh my goodness. The original post is too adorable. I hope you and your friends have the most magical trip ever! 16 is supposed to be a fun birthday! (My daughter had a pirate party for hers.)
Awwww... thanks! I'm really hoping it is very fun, hopefully turning 16 will be as "extravagant" as it's supposed to be. (Oooo... very cool)

Quote:
I love pictures of your friends.
Thanks Kaitlin (:
Old 09-09-2011, 02:34 PM   #23
kaoden39
Hugs

I am sure we will and I will be sure and leave the parks still standing for your big trip!!
Old 09-10-2011, 08:34 PM   #24
PlutosRHM55

Quote:
I am sure we will and I will be sure and leave the parks still standing for your big trip!!
Haha, thanks!
Old 09-11-2011, 02:04 PM   #25
WDWJonasGirl
Mouseketeer/Directioner

Love the plans so far Timmy!! If you need help, please pm me.

Old 09-11-2011, 03:41 PM   #26
PlutosRHM55

Quote:
Love the plans so far Timmy!! If you need help, please pm me.
Thanks Kaitlin! I will have the official plans up soon. I'm going to write it right now
Old 09-11-2011, 03:46 PM   #27
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
Thanks Kaitlin! I will have the official plans up soon. I'm going to write it right now
Sounds familiar. I am adding to mine today too!!
Old 09-11-2011, 09:36 PM   #28
PlutosRHM55

Quote:
Sounds familiar. I am adding to mine today too!!
Coolness!
Old 09-11-2011, 09:36 PM   #29
PlutosRHM55

PLANS: PRACTICALLY PERFECT IN EVERY WAY!

I guess I started getting very behind on my plans. I guess I need to start getting my homework done quicker so I can post this stuff up. At least, I've started to incorporate Disney into that little schedule. I finally got my VHS player working and I've watched Mary Poppins and Pollyanna while I do my homework. For those of you, who aren't familiar with Pollyanna, it's one of the more obscure Disney live-action movies, though it was the first movie actress Hayley Mills (The Parent Trip (original)) was in. It's definitely a very cute movie and was my sister's favorites for a long time. Watching it again older, it makes so much more sense and it truly is a great movie, so if you get the chance, look for it somewhere and watch it

For those of you who followed the main PTR and my other TRs know how I got one of the Pottermore beta accounts, well... I FINALLY got the welcome email last Thursday and have officially joined the site. I'm going back through the post on when I first discussed me joining the site so I can send out more friend requests for everyone to accept when I join. (: And for any of those curious, since House Sorting was the big thing for being on for early access to Pottermore, I'm in Ravenclaw! Yes, I'm so happy, that was the house I wanted to be in most. The sorting ceremony is very different than you would expect, but I will only go as far as that when it comes to Pottermore so any awaiting emails can be surprised.

Alright, I got off topic for a bit, let me get to the update...

So, I'm bouncing between getting a late flight into one of the nearby airports the day before the real plans start, which would be April 21st. If we get the early flight the day of, we would get there and hopefully arrive in time to have a decent amount of time at DCA or DL depending on how everyone is feeling when we arrive and we would try to work out flights with Nate in Pennsylvania, trying to arrive at the same time between two airports and two airplanes. It's going to be tough. :/ If we end up going the day before, we will arrive and maybe go out for dinner at Downtown Disney and look around the place and maybe the on-property hotels too And then it would be a nice rest to get past the jet lag (one hour behind).

No official decision on hotels, but I'm looking at either Howard Johnson, since I've heard good things or Best Western, since that's only walking distance from DLR. I'm still searching through, but those are the ones most prominent in my mind

Then, we would go on the second day to Disneyland as our first park, going with the plans to arrive at night a day before!

There is so much to do on this first day. I'm probably going to be making multiple posts on the must-dos for me, but I'll give you a few of them, but definitely Pirates of the Caribbean, since I've heard theirs is double the size.

Space Mountain, totally! I've heard this one is so much better than the one in WDW and I love the one in WDW, so it will be interesting to ride this one.

Indiana Jones, after that... I love DINOSAUR and they use the same ride vehicles and I've heard this one has a better theme so I'm definitely excited to try it out.

Yup, so that's how my day one is going to go, I'll get more specific when the time comes. Let's move on to the second day, which will be at... Disney's California Adventure!

Sadly the entrance is different now and is more DHS-esque which bothers me to no end, but I'd rather not rant right now about that. There still is a lot I'm excited about in DCA like...

The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Undersea Adventure, I think this is pretty obvious for ANY DISer.

World of Color! I've been starting to watch this on YouTube and I love it. It is basically Fantasmic on steroids, but for it to be that good, I can't wait to see it.

I'm going out on a limb with this one, but... California Screamin'. I'm really going to try to push myself to get on this. I'm finding rides that I was terrified of at first I truly enjoy and I need to get past my fear of inversions (loops, corkscrews, etc.), so this seems like my chance. Man up, man up!

So, that ends the second day. I'm very excited for both days nonetheless with all this stuff I get to experience only over two days! I'm insane, so I've snuck in one last day. With this last day, my friends and I will discuss which park we enjoyed the most overall (not one ride) and go to that park. We did this on my first trip and I got to enjoy MK twice, which was a fantastic experience, but I won't reveal too much since most are reading my TR, but I guess I gave away the park again so... whatever. But that's how the third/fourth day will go.

On the fourth/fifth day, we will start to explore more of California. I really want to go drive down to Hollywood Boulevard and immerse myself in the heart of the showbiz franchise, which is Hollywood. I also want to check out the Disney Studio Store and Fountain Shop.

Looks like lots of fun to do there. I also want to check out the real Chinese Theater, the stars on the Hollywood Walk of Fame and the list just goes on and on and on for this day. We may also visit my cousins today if we have time So, this will be more of a California day.

On the ever-bittersweet last day We may do some last minute shopping in DTD or add another half-park day, who knows, but we will be leaving today. We may also use the late flight to go visit my cousins today as well or maybe we'll book a reservation today at some Disney restaurant for some last minute fun. This is very up in the air like the third/fourth day.

So, that is the very flimsy plans I have. I'll start getting into more of what I want to do and such in other posts so I don't just have the ones I gave you since there is a lot I really want to do in DLR and in Cali itself. I'm very excited. My ticker says 223 days, just that much closer to 200

Oh, of course... Have A Jolly Holi-DAY! (;

Old 09-11-2011, 09:54 PM   #30
WDWJonasGirl
Mouseketeer/Directioner

Love the plans Timmy!! Honestly, you should go on California Screamin.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: