Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2012, 06:41 PM   #151
PlutosRHM55
Pluto's Un-Mentioned Manager

Location: Amongst the thousand happy haunts beginning to materialize, but suffering a disquieting metamorphosis... Your cadaverous pallor portrays an aura of foreboding, you know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss.potatohead View Post
Oooo Broadway how exciting! I've seen Wicked, Mary Poppins and the Lion King (albeit not on Broadway, rather the main theatres in my city) and I have to say they are all great in their own ways! I loved Mary Poppins and Lion King for their Disney-ness and the music and dance was amazing but Wicked was magical as well! Good luck in deciding which one to see
Thanks, it is very exciting! Wow, you are so lucky to have seen so many of these shows and I guess based on your opinion of each, this is going to be a tough decision... ugghhh... well thanks for your input!
PlutosRHM55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 10:58 PM   #152
WDWJonasGirl
Mouseketeer/Directioner

Hey Timmy!!

Kaitlin: Lover of 5 Seconds of Summer, One Direction, Jonas, and Concerts
WDW: 5/03, 4/06, 12/06, 7/09, 8/10, 6/14, 7/14 DLR: Too Many To Count DCL: 1/07, 7/09, 8/11, 8/12, 6/14 DLP: 6/13
WDWJonasGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-08-2012, 08:17 PM   #153
PlutosRHM55

Location: Amongst the thousand happy haunts beginning to materialize, but suffering a disquieting metamorphosis... Your cadaverous pallor portrays an aura of foreboding, you know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWJonasGirl View Post
Hey Timmy!!
Hi Kaitlin! How are you?
Old 03-08-2012, 08:37 PM   #154
WDWJonasGirl
Mouseketeer/Directioner

I'm good. How are you?

WDW: 5/03, 4/06, 12/06, 7/09, 8/10, 6/14, 7/14 DLR: Too Many To Count DCL: 1/07, 7/09, 8/11, 8/12, 6/14 DLP: 6/13
Old 03-10-2012, 11:06 AM   #155
PlutosRHM55

Quote:
I'm good. How are you?
I'm good. Thanks for asking! Will have to update again soon!
Old 03-11-2012, 10:48 AM   #156
PlutosRHM55

OFF TO QUEBEC... WHAT NEXT?

Alright, so unless you've been ignoring these updates completely or my very beautiful signature, it will come as no surprise that I am leaving for Quebec in just a day. So exciting! This is kinda the pinnacle for this PTR since I've been talking about it since I thought up my 16th birthday trip (that sadly won't be happening). But since that is not happening, I've decided to give you a quick run down of this trip:

DAY 1/ TUESDAY, MARCH 13, 2012-

This is the departure day, where I will be getting up early (nonetheless) to leave on a 9 hour bus ride to Quebec City. We will make stops along the way, of course, but it will be a long drive either way.

When I arrive, we will be checking in at our hotel and dropping off our luggage. Here is a picture of what the rooms I will be staying in looks like. We are staying at the Loews Le Concorde Hotel by the way.

(We will have twin beds but this is the best picture of a room)

After arriving, we will go to our rooms and get ready to for a tour of the Erablier Du Cap or the Sugar Shack. When we get there, we will have a tour of the Sugar Shack with a traditional French-Canadian dinner go... wait for it... DOG SLEDDING! Yup, dog sledding! I'm so nervous, but yet so excited! We actually get to learn how to mush and then ride in the sled

After that, we will go back to the hotel officially ending my first day.

DAY TWO/ WEDNESDAY, MARCH 14, 2012-

Another early morning, we will get up for breakfast at the Spaghetti House. I think this is the hotel restaurant, sounds really interesting. Can't wait to have a breakfast there

After, we are going to the Duchesnay Center for Cross Country skiing, which is another thing I have never done. This will be interesting to watch me fall all over the place.

After a day of testing my semi-uncoordination. We are going to see the Montmorrency Falls...

Then, off for a guided tour of St. Anne's Basilica (to make my dad jealous lol)...

After that, we will drive home and stop by Marie's Bakery to get some Homemade bread and maple butter to try. Then, it's off for a nice dinner at the rotating dining room L'Astral atop our hotel...

(It ain't no Garden Grill, but it still looks gorgeous)

Then, we end our day by walking to the Old City for a visit to the Famous Historic Chateau Frontenac. After that, we will be again in for a late night and finish our day.

DAY 3/ THURSDAY, MARCH 15, 2012-

On our last full day, we will have another breakfast at the Spaghetti House. After that, we will go on a 3 hour walking tour of Old Quebec. Then, we will leave for what the majority of our day will be at... the Val Cartier Sports Park. This is what I've really looked forward to. It is a huge sports park with a ton of tubing, ice-skating, etc. I'm very excited. I mean, look at this tubing slide:

(INTENSE!)

After that, we will go to the Galeries de la Capitale for our dinner that night, shopping and other fun. We also are going to see an IMax show here

Then back to the hotel for a good night's sleep... maybe...

DAY 4/ FRIDAY, MARCH 16, 2012-

Now, for our last day, we will be going to the Spaghetti House for another breakfast. After that, we will check out of the hotel and load our luggage then head off to Old Quebec for a Scavenger Hunt. We will get on the bus for the afternoon and then get back at Souhegan later that night.

And that is my trip! Short, but with a lot built in. I found my camera yesterday and will be using it a lot so I can write a nice little "TR" of sorts for y'all. Speaking of which, I have some sad news for you all...

Since, it does not seem I have any actual Disney trip in the works, I will not be continuing this TR after the Quebec trip. It seems this PTR is just taking up internet space for me and I think when a trip actually comes around a PTR that has gone over three trips cancelled thereafter would be too bittersweet. So, I will be around to tell you all about my special trip and maybe the play since I'm sure it will take awhile to get through this extreme trip. I do believe there will be a trip for my family and I coming soon because... I'm going to be onto bigger better things two years from now, so I'm sure my mom will be dying to take a few more Disney trips with her clearly obsessed son lol

All aside, I hope everyone has a magical day!

Old 03-11-2012, 11:23 AM   #157
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Have a great time in Quebec! Sounds awesome!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
wdwgirl03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 06:54 PM   #158
PlutosRHM55

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Have a great time in Quebec! Sounds awesome!
Thanks Sarah! I will
Old 03-11-2012, 10:37 PM   #159
WDWJonasGirl
Mouseketeer/Directioner

Have a great time!!

Old 03-12-2012, 07:58 PM   #160
PlutosRHM55

Quote:
Have a great time!!
Thanks Kaitlin! (:
Old 03-13-2012, 06:15 AM   #161
PlutosRHM55

Just wanted to leave a note on here that I will be leaving to Quebec in just a few minutes! I will be taking a ton of pictures and doing a lot of prep for my TR. You can follow what I'm doing by following me on Twitter @Goofy_DisNerd

Au Revoir,
Timmy
Old 03-13-2012, 10:28 AM   #162
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutosRHM55 View Post
Just wanted to leave a note on here that I will be leaving to Quebec in just a few minutes! I will be taking a ton of pictures and doing a lot of prep for my TR. You can follow what I'm doing by following me on Twitter @Goofy_DisNerd

Au Revoir,
Timmy

Have a great time Timmy!! I look forward to hearing all about it and I will be following you on Twitter!!
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 08:31 PM   #163
PlutosRHM55

Hello Everyone!

Just got home from Quebec about an hour and a half ago and I'm already talking up a storm about it. It was a VERY fun trip! I can't tell you how much fun I had. Though Disney will never compare, this is a trip in itself I will never forget and I have much to talk about, but before I begin I need your help.

I'm trying to pick a name for this mini-TR and I have many ideas:

"This IS one of those progressive schools that call their teachers by their first names." Sophomores hit Quebec City, Quebec!

The Trip Defined by Hash Tags- A French-Canadian Trip of Many Words

Flying Goggles, Falling Hats and Missing Tickets, Oh My! Your Guide to Crazy Quebec City

The One Where We Begin by Hitting A Tree- Quebec Trip 2012

The Stinkiest Hotel Room in All of Quebec- A Canadian Trip of Many Kinds

When Merci becomes Sil'Vouz'Plait... The Messed-Up World of Quebec

Drinking Oysters... Uh No? A Trip of Questionable Situations

How I Manage to Miss The Tube and The Glass! The Most Amazing Failing Trip

The Shock of Jessica Simpson's Pregnancy and other Shenanigans in Quebec City

When in Quebec, you stop and take MANY Pictures! A Slowly Moving Trip

The Sacred Brush and the Little Green Alien join me in Quebec

The Trip Spoken over a Microphone- Quebec City 2012

The Impossible Way of not buying Anything from a BIG Mall: A Trip to Quebec of Epic Proportions

The Room Control Freak Meets The Laggers- A Trip of Clashing Personalities

Swaying, Sliding and Skiing Through Quebec City

The Annoying Roommate Stalk Those Who Wish Not To Be Found- An On-Going Trip

I think that is all I have. Tell me which one you like best and I will begin this trip as soon as I can. I'm uploading photos right now and can't wait to show you all!

Au Revoir,
Timmy

Old 03-16-2012, 08:37 PM   #164
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

1. The Annoying Roommate Stalk Those Who Wish Not To Be Found- An On-Going Trip

2. Flying Goggles, Falling Hats and Missing Tickets, Oh My! Your Guide to Crazy Quebec City

3. How I Manage to Miss The Tube and The Glass! The Most Amazing Failing Trip

Those are my top three favorites.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 08:42 PM   #165
WDWJonasGirl
Mouseketeer/Directioner

I'm so glad you enjoyed your trip Timmy!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: