Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2012, 06:49 AM   #136
PlutosRHM55
Pluto's Un-Mentioned Manager

Location: Amongst the thousand happy haunts beginning to materialize, but suffering a disquieting metamorphosis... Your cadaverous pallor portrays an aura of foreboding, you know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
OK, catching up. Looks like you got some nice Christmas gifts. YEAH for Glee DVDs. Gotta love it.
Hi Sarah! Glad to see you back around these parts. Yup, definitely did. Glee DVDs are always awesome

Quote:
I totally get what you're saying about missing Epcot/DHS/DAK if you still go to Disneyland because that's exactly how I felt before my first trip. I had been so used to WDW that I feared DL would be boring. At the end of the day, a Disney park is a Disney park and it's great being at any of them!
Like I don't fear DLR will be boring, just the fact what is in WDW isn't in DLR and I want them to be there. Expedition Everest, my favorite ride, is not in DLR so that is what will always pull me back to WDW, but I still want to go. We'll just have to wait and see how events unfold.

Quote:
Now onto those 2 rides you mentioned. California Screamin was pretty cool. Grizzly River Run was fun too, but I probably would've liked it a lot more had we not already been drenched from the pouring rain that day. When we got off I think my dad, sister and I all weighed about 50 pounds more because our clothes were soaked (this was in December, so we were in jeans, sweatshirts, and jackets!).
Thanks Sarah! That's good to know. Hopefully it won't rain while I'm there, but I guess Grizzly River Run is off the list. 50 pounds... doesn't sound like fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWJonasGirl View Post
That sounds like great plans Timmy. Unfortunately, they don't have the Mickey loop anymore since they are re-doing California Adventure. I'm not going back to WDW until 2014
Thanks Kaitlin! Awwww... really I was so excited to ride that. They still have the loop there though... it just isn't Mickey, right? Either way it still seems like fun.
PlutosRHM55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 07:35 PM   #137
WDWJonasGirl
Mouseketeer/Directioner

Yes, they still have the loop there. They just don't have mickey anymore.

Kaitlin: Directioner and a Huge Jonas Fan
WDW: 5/03, 4/06, 12/06, 7/09, 8/10, ?/14 DLR: Too Many too count DCL: 1/07, 7/09, 8/11, 8/12, 6/14
DLP: 6/13
WDWJonasGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-11-2012, 10:48 PM   #138
miss.potatohead
Mouseketeer

Your trip sounds like great fun!
I was adamant they still had the Mickey Ears on the loop on Screamin but I just looked at my photos from my trip and alas they weren't there. Definitely one of my favourite rides but it wasn't as much of a thrill than what I was expecting.
miss.potatohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 08:20 AM   #139
PlutosRHM55

Location: Amongst the thousand happy haunts beginning to materialize, but suffering a disquieting metamorphosis... Your cadaverous pallor portrays an aura of foreboding, you know?

Quote:
Yes, they still have the loop there. They just don't have mickey anymore.
Wow, way to be Disney people! Removing Mickey from TWO parks... not cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss.potatohead View Post
Your trip sounds like great fun!
I was adamant they still had the Mickey Ears on the loop on Screamin but I just looked at my photos from my trip and alas they weren't there. Definitely one of my favourite rides but it wasn't as much of a thrill than what I was expecting.
I'm so excited for it. Yeah, I saw earlier you had written about it still being there, but I'm sad to hear it truly is gone. I don't understand how even with the re-theming they get rid of that, I mean, that pretty much iconizes the ride. But either way can't wait to go on it

Oh and to my PTR!
Old 01-23-2012, 07:51 PM   #140
PlutosRHM55

PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE AND IS A BLESSING

I seem to be making big decisions when it comes to all my online activities, though I think this one is a bit bigger. So... I've made a tough decision and hopefully it will be for the better. I've decided...

I will NO longer be pushing a trip to Disneyland and SoCal.

Yup... I've made it and it makes me so sad to actually announce it. As I've observed, the more I bring up Disney and having a trip, the more my parents get angry about it and are more averted to the idea. Though I personally don't want to wait a year or so until I go again, maybe my chances are better then. I don't know, but unless my mom asks where we want to go on vacation, I'll bring it up but as of now, I don't think there will be any further discussion, since I think that's the only way I'll be able to get to the next trip. So, I will be putting this PTR on hold. There will be no true planning from here on out within this PTR, I may post random life updates as well as a mini-TR from my Quebec trip, but no true Disney trip stuff, but of course, I can't fully throw Disney to the wind so there will be Disney talk when it arises and who knows maybe there is a trip on the horizon just waiting to show itself

Okay, now onto some updates on my not-so amazing life

So... I did get into Anything Goes. I am playing the role of the Ship's Purser, not an extremely big role, but still I'm very excited. We've read through the script and the show is hilarious. If I can, I will have to get one of my stage crew friends to film me during rehearsal for you all when tech week comes around (which won't be for awhile), but that's something to look for.

Also, on an update of the Quebec trip, I got my PASSPORT!!!! Very exciting! I also have to pass in my room assignment requests tomorrow. I'm starting to get very anxious, but... only TWO MONTHS!! How time flies It's also nerve-wracking since I'm having trouble picking who I want to room with. Hopefully I just won't be placed with people I don't want to be near at all or who could cause some trouble for me.

Well, that's it for this update. I will be catching up soon on all your TRs since I disappeared for a bit because of school work.

As always, Have A Magical Day!

Old 01-24-2012, 10:13 PM   #141
WDWJonasGirl
Mouseketeer/Directioner

Does that mean the trip is cancelled? That sucks

Kaitlin: Directioner and a Huge Jonas Fan
WDW: 5/03, 4/06, 12/06, 7/09, 8/10, ?/14 DLR: Too Many too count DCL: 1/07, 7/09, 8/11, 8/12, 6/14
DLP: 6/13
WDWJonasGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 01:45 AM   #142
miss.potatohead
Mouseketeer

Don't worry, I'm in a similar position. I'm 19 but living on the other side of the world kind of limits my availability to go to Disneyland! This time last year I was there, having a blast, and have been bugging my parents to go back with me for months (like...I want to be there now) but they're happy for me to go by myself, but I don't think I want to give up $3000 for a trip to Disneyland just right now, let alone going by myself! One day it'll happen, for both of us, and when that day happens, all the research, discussions and dreams will make it a great trip to remember

Well done on your role in the production too, and Quebec sounds amazing
Old 01-28-2012, 08:48 PM   #143
PlutosRHM55

Quote:
Does that mean the trip is cancelled? That sucks
Yup, sadly... unless my parents just decide to drop the vacation question, then DLR is back in the boat, but who knows if that will ever happen :/ So for now, it is cancelled.

Quote:
Don't worry, I'm in a similar position. I'm 19 but living on the other side of the world kind of limits my availability to go to Disneyland! This time last year I was there, having a blast, and have been bugging my parents to go back with me for months (like...I want to be there now) but they're happy for me to go by myself, but I don't think I want to give up $3000 for a trip to Disneyland just right now, let alone going by myself! One day it'll happen, for both of us, and when that day happens, all the research, discussions and dreams will make it a great trip to remember
That's exactly how I feel. It's almost exactly a year until I was last there (WDW, not DLR) and I'm 100% sure I will come into school with puffy eyes thinking about it. I've had two AMAZING trips to WDW and just adding the one to DLR would be awesome, but it's just not going to work out right now. I hope you get to go on a trip soon, even though, personally, I would love to go on my own, but the prices... eck! Anyways... hopefully both of us will be going soon Disney Gods I hope you are reading this right now!

Quote:
Well done on your role in the production too, and Quebec sounds amazing
I'm SUPER excited for the musical and Quebec, even if I lost my permission to cross the border form for Quebec and my script Yeah, not having great luck lately, but they are still awhile away and they'll probably show themselves soon enough (because if they don't I'm going to go insane AAACCCKK!!)
Old 03-01-2012, 08:57 PM   #144
PlutosRHM55

POST DISNEY 1 YEAR AND GOING STRONG

Alright, so I am SUPER sorry I disappeared for like months. I'm pretty sure I told everyone on their TRs why I disappeared so I won't repeat (if I missed yours please let me know). Anyways, the real reason I started this update was NOT about my absence, but for something a bit deeper. I'm sure those I've told or who read my TRs know what I'm talking about. The past week was the 1 year anniversary of my school trip to Disney and the last time I was ever there. So I really needed the DIS more than ever to commemorate this occasion as well as because I'm in the most un-Disney situation, the exact place I didn't want to be: In a ski lodge, snow piling up outside and it's not stopping anytime soon. This is the same place I ended up last year after my trip and I just didn't want to go back for that reason and because this week just hasn't gone right at all.

I'll explain... First, on the drive up my stomach wasn't feeling right and the whole drive became very uncomfortable and longer than usual. Then, throughout many decisions on what we did this week, I kept on being left out and it really put a damper on things. After that, I finally had a good day and I thought things were looking up. Then, on my last snowboarding run, I had a major wipeout and I'm healing today (the day after). Seriously, this was my worst wipeout ever. I mean, everything that could've happened did from nosebleeds to major headache. It wasn't fun and I just needed to talk about it on the one place that will help me in any way, shape or form, the beautiful DIS

Alright, so moving on from that I have some good stuff to talk about too. Firstly, because the whole Disneyland trip went out the window for my birthday I decided to find a "replacement" of sorts and decided on something I've always wanted to do and is MUCH cheaper. Did you guess what it is? Well, it is to see a...

BROADWAY SHOW!!

Yup, I'm actually really excited for this even though it isn't Disney. The only problem is I can't decide which show to see. Here is the list I came up with:

Phantom of the Opera
Wicked
Mary Poppins
Anything Goes
The Lion King

I have different reasons to each and it seems they all balance each other out. I did have a family vote on it and The Lion King won with Wicked and Mary Poppins, very close behind. But those were my favorites too (with Phantom, but that's because I'm nervous how long it will still be on Broadway). So now I want your opinion. Give me a list of each of these from 1 to 5, 1 being the one you think is the better of the 5 and 5 being the worst. My family has seen no Broadway shows together so if you have your opinion will help greatly. For those who aren't so familiar with the Broadway repertoire and these productions, here are some playbill covers to jog your memory or familiarity (though I know some you probably already are familiar with ) :

WICKED

MARY POPPINS

PHANTOM OF THE OPERA

THE LION KING

ANYTHING GOES

PLEASE put together your lists for me because I'm so stressed about this decision (I'm so weird).

I also want to direct your attention to my signature. If you notice the Disneyland countdown and replaced it with another ( ). And this new one says 11 days until My Quebec Adventure. So, if you're totally flustered or need confirmation, yes I am going to Quebec with school in less than TWO WEEKS!!! WOOHOO!!!! So excited! I've been anticipating this trip since the beginning of the year and now it's here. I can't wait to experience it as well as share it with all of you when I get back. I just hope I can find my camera charger :/

Now, I must warn you, I will have a lot going on in this coming month of March. I have rehearsals for Anything Goes, my school musical and those are going to get ridiculous. I will promise to get on as much as I can, but it will be tough. And I will keep you up to date on that as well since I get to show you ridiculous pictures of me in a sailor suit

Well, that is the end of my update. And I wanted to show you some photos I recently found from my trip last year that have never been seen before *dramatic music* to leave you with:

And as always, have a magical day!
Old 03-01-2012, 10:35 PM   #145
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Mountain Dew!! My oldest daughter and my son love that!! I am a Pepsi person for sure.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 07:03 AM   #146
PlutosRHM55

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
Mountain Dew!! My oldest daughter and my son love that!! I am a Pepsi person for sure.
Love Mountain Dew! That was actually the first drink of my trip. Very sentimental you know
Old 03-02-2012, 07:11 AM   #147
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Bummer about no more Disney, but a Broadway show sounds like a lot of fun too. And as hard as it is for some of us to believe sometimes, there is more to life than Disney! haha

The only Broadway shows I've seen are the Disney ones (we saw The Lion King and Beauty and the Beast when they came to Milwaukee and then we saw Mary Poppins in NYC when we were there a couple years ago). They were all great but I know Wicked is really popular too. I'm sure whichever one you decide on will be good.
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIP: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
wdwgirl03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 08:26 AM   #148
PlutosRHM55

Quote:
Bummer about no more Disney, but a Broadway show sounds like a lot of fun too. And as hard as it is for some of us to believe sometimes, there is more to life than Disney! haha

The only Broadway shows I've seen are the Disney ones (we saw The Lion King and Beauty and the Beast when they came to Milwaukee and then we saw Mary Poppins in NYC when we were there a couple years ago). They were all great but I know Wicked is really popular too. I'm sure whichever one you decide on will be good.
It's sad isn't it? There is more to life than Disney... PISH POSH! lol

Well those are my top 3 so they all seem like good shows, especially since two of them are Disney produced. These decisions just seem to get harder and harder gosh! Well, thanks for your input, Sarah!
Old 03-04-2012, 08:17 PM   #149
PlutosRHM55

WHEN IN NEED OF A DISNEY RANT...

Go to the DISBoards!

Yeah, just ending my title right there, even though I think "When in need of a Disney rant..." is nuff said and now for my rant...

For those who are on Twitter, probably know about this already, but first I must begin with a picture...

Anyone remember this infamous picture?

Well, that's Nate! Know where he is? Downtown Disney (well, Disney World) and know where he is right now? Disney World. Yup, so VERY jealous of him right now (and that is my rant right there), but he is already getting me a pin and a Mickey straw (since I lost mine on my last trip ), so I am helping him currently and I'm sending out a call for help from all you DISers...

I'm sending him to all these places to try out foods and stuff I know you've recommended and I've enjoyed, but I want to see what I really need to send him to get. I've already told him to go get a Dole Whip, Schoolbread and a lot of the classics, but if there is anything not well-known that you enjoy please tell me. He is only down there for one more day, but I'd like to help him make it a real nice day so I appreciate any help.

Also, I've also wanted to report about the on-goings in my world concerning Disney because things are starting to get me really hyped, but I don't want to get my hopes up too much, but my family has been happily talked about Disney. First, was in the car back from my trip up north (where I had a bad wipeout). We started talking about the last resort we were at (we were watching Princess & the Frog in the car and just got into a Disney conversation), which was Kidani Village AKL and how it would be awesome to stay at the Beach Club Villas if we go through the same person. I didn't hang onto this much, because my mom stopped me before I ran on, but then something else happened...

At home, we were watching Good Morning America when they announced the christening of the Disney Fantasy. My sisters got really excited and started really talking about Disney cruises. Then, they actually went to the website, I repeat, went to the website! It was amazing. I think the Disney gods were really working with me at this point.

Also, a bit before this (going out of order here, sorry), I was talking to my mom just casually about WWoHP. We've really wanted to go back and see this, same with Sea World. Then, she brought up the fact, maybe we will go back to Disney to see all of that. So I was just jumping out of my seat and after this, I was just back into the planning game. From now on, I will be planning anonymously instead of upfront with my mom about it, so I can really work on it in case my mom starts really thinking about a trip again and have the best possible deal.

I will be working on trip planning for a Disneyland/SoCal trip and a WDW/Orlando trip, so if this summer we end up going to SoCal, I will absolutely be incorporating a Disney trip then and if we go back to my happy place next year, it WILL happen under my watch. So, I just wanted to announce that.

I also wanted to update on the Broadway show thing. I haven't talked to my parents on it since we are preparing for Quebec currently, but I think Lion King is the number one choice right now alongside Wicked, so I want to hear people's opinions on those and I thank you for your earlier opinions as well

For now, have a magical day (even though it is night)!

Old 03-04-2012, 10:10 PM   #150
miss.potatohead
Mouseketeer

Oooo Broadway how exciting! I've seen Wicked, Mary Poppins and the Lion King (albeit not on Broadway, rather the main theatres in my city) and I have to say they are all great in their own ways! I loved Mary Poppins and Lion King for their Disney-ness and the music and dance was amazing but Wicked was magical as well! Good luck in deciding which one to see

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: